TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0 / TSUNAMI MPEG DVD Author Pro BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0 / TSUNAMI MPEG DVD Author Pro BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 3 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question VISTA 64 BIT READY ? Guttingen 1 2008-12-02 03:08:49
Question Installing DVD Author 3 upgrade axxeman 1 2007-10-09 00:13:18
Bug report DVD Author Pro 2.1.6.80: audio gets out of sync after converting Wintermute 0 2007-10-01 21:07:55
Question TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX joe 1 2007-09-27 01:04:32
Bug report No Discs work. aguy 1 2007-09-10 22:58:17
Question TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 subtitles problem godarek 5 2009-01-02 20:32:07
Question Bitrate jpatterson 4 2007-08-24 19:42:11
Question Chapter Flags in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.0 jpatterson 1 2007-08-21 22:30:23
Question Registrar TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring VERSION EN ESPAÑOL Lluís 1 2007-08-20 22:47:03
Question Error code: 0x80040218 (DVD Author 3) jgeoff 1 2007-08-15 18:39:10
Question DVD Author 3 question splattered 1 2007-08-07 23:05:24
Question Controlling the Directional Links JanB 0 2007-06-02 17:23:45

TMPGEnc DVD Author 2.0 / TSUNAMI MPEG DVD Author Pro BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 2 / 3 ]   Next > >>
Question - VISTA 64 BIT READY ? No.55733
Guttingen  2007-11-09 07:37:55 ( ID:hud923jycfl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX® Authoring run with VISTA ULTIMATE 64 BIT ???
Thanks for your help !

gfpsd45  2008-12-02 03:08:49 ( ID:ya3r5e3duga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I always thought that Scrubs is a great TV show, not only for the great acting and the funny scripts, but also for showing what working in a hospital is really like. Every doctor will say that "life is not like ER", and scrubs didn't take the whole heroic position and the action-drama scenes, that frankly, is much less common in hospitals than an old man with diarrhea, reflux, colitis or other not so very "photographic" diseases. More information please dvdorderonline

Question - Installing DVD Author 3 upgrade No.55731
axxeman  2007-10-08 19:36:50 ( ID:wml9tylyotk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry to be a nuisance but what do I need to do to install DVD Author 3 upgrade over DVD 2.0?

Do I need to uninstall the 2.0 or just go ahead and install 3 over the top?

Many thanks.

nTekka  2007-10-09 00:13:18 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Author 3 is considered a separate program so it will not overwrite your old DVD author 2. You can pretty much do whatever you want with DVD Author 2 and it will not affect 3 and vice versa. Could uninstall if you dont use it anymore but either way it wont affect DVD author 3.

Bug report - DVD Author Pro 2.1.6.80: audio gets out of sync after converting No.55730
Wintermute  2007-10-01 21:07:55 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

I have probs with using dvr-ms files as input to DVD Author. When I watch the converted result (.mpg) it has a cleary visible audio desync. It gets worse the longe the file play, and after 90min its estimated about 10-15 frames.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Question - TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX No.55728
joe  2007-09-24 00:10:46 ( ID:sbv8qxjupnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

testing the trial version now.
if i upgrade from my 1.5.19.59 version ,will my old version still work on the same computer.

i ask because the new version takes a VIDEO_TS folder converts it to a DVDDATA file.
and my old one makes it into a mpeg file. which i like much better.

other wise i like this new version alot.

thanks
joe

nTekka  2007-09-27 01:04:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Theres ups and down to both, with DVDData, they preserve the subtitle, audio and chapters I think.

MPEG2 wont have any of that in it. Also, it only does that if you import directly from DVD drive and you tell it to make a copy onto HDD. If you manually copy the Video_TS folder to HDD then uncheck that option and keep original Video_TS files to work with.

Bug report - No Discs work. No.55726
aguy  2007-09-10 01:09:18 ( ID:7y3.haistv6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every disc I burn with TMPGEnc DVD Author fails to work on dvd players on osx and xp. what can I do?????

nTekka  2007-09-10 22:58:17 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you actually burned the content onto your disc first. Look at it with your eyes first then pop it into your DVD drive on a PC and browse it with Windows Explorer. If you can't see anything here then it wasn't burned properly.

Try viewing the output DVD folder before you burn to see if it was created and can play back. Then try another burning software to burn like Nero or Roxio.

Lastly, this may sounds stupid and obvious so I left it last, make sure you have a proper DVD playback software on your PC or Mac OSX. Windows XP doesnt come with one built-in so you will need a 3rd party software.

Question - TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 subtitles problem No.55720
godarek  2007-08-22 04:47:07 ( ID:i9bpfrunwmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Subtitles Editor lets you import subtitles in .srt format. Those in 00:01:10,800 --> 00:01:13,633 time format work great, but my subtitles are timed using brackets like {67346}{67401}. Can't find anywhere, what .srt formats would TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 accept. Is there a utility to convert those fomats?

nTekka  2007-08-23 01:00:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From what I know, theres only one type of .srt format and that uses -> for timing...I have never ran across any curly brackets for timing and it seems to be in millisecond or smaller?. Could be a custom format but I know its not a standard .srt file. As for TDA3, it will only take in srt and subtitle so your only option is to figure out what kind of format your file is and find a software to convert it to a real .srt file. You could make a simple program or script to do that yourself too.

Also, would help us if you can give us more info on your subtitle to search, I'm guessing its been renamed to .srt so that doesn't help us much, is there any other differences between the two format?

godarek  2007-08-23 06:31:49 ( ID:i9bpfrunwmj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for responding.
Those curly bracket shouldn't be that uncommon, since DirectVobSub plays them correctly with WMP. After some digging, I finally found that those numbers in brackets represent frames. So when my movie plays 25 fps at 00:30 I get {4500}. I found a converter, but it only reads first bracket, so I get those double subs on screen when conversations pick up. Hope that helps others, and I'm still looking for good tool for conversion.

nTekka  2007-08-23 20:37:25 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, I see, that makes sense. As for the tool, I might be able to make one if you can email me a sample or two of your subtitle.

Send it to my "Fake" email account, where all spams and junk goes that I don't mind sharing to the public ;) I still check it so if I see your email i'll make sure to work on the tool and email it back to you.

Tekkamanii@hotmail.com

bosanci28  2007-10-17 04:48:35 ( ID:snbv3xqmwh. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can you guys put a guide step by step how to do this,,i have the same proablem,,downloaded subs for a movie and try to inport in to the tmpge 3 and just dont what to go,,i try with subtitle workshop to save in a lot of different format and still does not work,,please can you uys explain step by step how to do this,, ,,to put them manual (copy) will take forever man,,, thanks

KirkH420  2009-01-02 20:32:07 ( ID:dtfe5befy72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey im using TMPGEnc 4.0.0.9 and i cannot import .srt subtitle files.. is this a problem in the actual program its self? can i upgrade and maybe they fixed it?

Question - Bitrate No.55715
jpatterson  2007-08-21 18:25:16 ( ID:0w0/jxdmrif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you click on TRACK settings and then VIDEO tab there is a list of fields that provide information about and setting pertaining to the video. Couple of questions.

1) I see the max bitrate (non edit field) and underneath it Bitrate which I can edit. Is this the Average bitrate (for VBR)? or is it the bitrate that will be used if the video is rendered?

2) Underneath is a horizontal slide bar for Video Quality. Whenever I bring in a new clip and view this tab the video qualitity is always about 90% and I move it to 100%. Is there a way to configure it to always be 100% and why would I want a less that 100% quality picture, especially since I don't see that changing this value to 100% causes my file size to increase?

Thanks

nTekka  2007-08-21 22:39:04 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) Default is VBR 1pass and the bitrate that you can change is the avg, which should be automatically set based on the first clip you import if you have Smart Rendering prioritized. Even if you change this number it will not affect your first clip if it qualifies for Smart rendering, TDA3 uses this number to re-encode the rest of your track to match this bitrate.

You can change the Max bitrate if you select re-encode as below, but this will re-encode everything even your MPEG-2 compliant files.

2) This is similar to the JPEG quality slider, since its 10% difference, your file size won't change much nor quality but they keep it at 90% because it makes a bigger difference in speed. Probably best to keep it at 90 you won't notice any degrade in quality and it will be faster.

jpatterson  2007-08-23 14:46:20 ( ID:0w0/jxdmrif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the explanation. Sorry, I'm full of questions. Another question regarding the settings on the Video tab.

I understand that VBR 1 pass is the default but I generally select 2 pass since I keep reading that it gives better quality. I've been editing out some scenes in some clips by splitting and removing the sections I don't want. This means that I end up with 2 or more clips in my track. If I select to link the clips, I only have VBR 1 pass as an option. Why is that?

Thanks

nTekka  2007-08-23 22:42:26 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure the technical reason for this, but they placed a little message under the clip linking that some rate control mode will be limited. You could get 2 pass if you set it to re-encode all as below.

jpatterson  2007-08-24 19:42:11 ( ID:tu7d5e1ulm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I keep forgetting that I can click to re-encode it with other options.

Question - Chapter Flags in TMPGEnc DVD Author 3.0 No.55713
jpatterson  2007-08-21 18:07:29 ( ID:0w0/jxdmrif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the difference between the begin of chapter (Flag icon) and the "["? If I create a new chapter the "[" follows anyway. Seems like you should only need one but have to guess that there is a reason or purpose of having both. Can someone explain how they would be used separately? The online help gives a definition of what each are but seems to be lacking (at least for a beginner like me) how you would use them.

Thanks

nTekka  2007-08-21 22:30:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a difference, more or less unimportant but good way to organize. The flag tells you that the current frame is a key chapter which can be used in your Menu as a chapter. The bracket '[' is the start frame selection bracket ']' is the end frame, these two can appear depending on where you have the frame selected. They can appear independently of the chapter so you can have it selected in mid chapter or anywhere really. Play around with it to see what it does but really isn't that important.

Question - Registrar TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring VERSION EN ESPAÑOL No.55711
Lluís  2007-08-16 13:48:41 ( ID:frs3yhp51va )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Al intentar registrarme como usuario Support, User Registration ,User Registration step2, dejando de lado que únicamente está en inglés, el producto TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring VERSION EN ESPAÑOL no se encuentra en el desplegable.

¿Deben actualizar la lista de productos para incluir la versión en español, o debo escoger la de inglés?

Por cierto podrán crear en el foro el apartado para consultas del TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring VERSION EN ESPAÑOL

Gracias.

nTekka  2007-08-20 22:47:03 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suggest you try using the Espanol forum in the Espanol language site. Seems like they have a TMPG Es tech there under TXP4 that can probably help you even if its wrong software section.

http://bbs.tmpg-inc.com/bbs.php?board=es_tmpgenc

But from basic Google translation, you might just have to wait a little bit for TMPG to update their website and system to include the newly released ES version. Hope you can understand what I wrote, if not then try using Google.

http://www.google.com/language_tools

Question - Error code: 0x80040218 (DVD Author 3) No.55709
jgeoff  2007-08-13 23:46:08 ( ID:9amsbf9mara )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is an important project. I'm trying to author a DVD and it got 92% of the way through (Elapsed: 01:43:23 Remaining: 00:08:08) destined for a dual layer DVD (8008/8025 MB as it stands at this point, the target size was lower, however)

I got this error message:

An error occurred during the process. (Error code: 0x80040218)

What does this pertain to?

Thanks,

JG

nTekka  2007-08-15 18:39:10 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would help if you can tell us more about your source file. TMPG is pretty solid, so any error it gives is usually a result of either a corrupt source file or other process interferring such as FFDShow or codec packs. Sometimes, but rarely do those help more than they hurt.

Question - DVD Author 3 question No.55707
splattered  2007-08-05 02:30:28 ( ID:aabd49c.bqj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I tried using DVD Author 3 to make a DVD. I took a bunch of anime clips that originally aired in 4:3, but someone converted to 16:9 on a dvd for me and it all looked stretched... so i pulled all the clips off of the dvd, set the ration to full screen, and created the menus.

Everything looked AWESOME, except that when i went to view it on an SDtv, the video wasnt encoded to fit within the safe zones. The menu creation screen has guidelines to work with to make sure you keep everything viewable, but i didnt see any kind of an option on the videos properties page. I tried choosing both full screen options and also the square pixel option but nothing works.

On my HDTV it looks perfect, but on the older sets the subtitles on the bottom are totally cut off and its cropped all over the place it seems like.

Is there a way to fix this? These subs are hard coded and originally fit fine on all the tvs until the clips get encoded.

Sorry if this was long winded... and thanks!

nTekka  2007-08-07 23:05:24 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its a bit confusing because theres no setting inside TDA3 for ratio "Full screen" that I can think of for the video. On the menu, the TV grid line just affects the menu, it shouldn't change your video...TDA3 might not be the problem, try checking your SD TV or DVD player for any zoom option, i think it might have been turned on, so you are seeing it zoomed in or "cropped".

TDA3 either stretches or shrinks your video to fit NTSC 720x480 but will not crop any part of your video, from what I can tell anyway.

Question - Controlling the Directional Links No.55706
JanB  2007-06-02 17:23:45 ( ID:jvkwpze.iuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Background:
I have a problem with the "Directional Links". I.e. the paths between menu items that control how your selection (cursor) moves when you press UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT on the DVD player.

Problem:
In TDA 2, I activate the display of the links and can see how they change when moving the objects around. The problem is that the algorithm that decides which of the other menu items is the closest (or what the criteria is) is a little too smart. When I have text items of different length it is sometimes impossible to get the paths in a "natural" way.

I have tried different work-arounds to get the text boxes of equal size but that is also problem. If I try controlling horizontal size the whole box scales including the font size of the text. Setting font size back rescales the box.
I even tried to fool it by adding space characters ended by a "hardspace" (ASCII code 160) but that makes it totally misbehave.

Qustions:
Is there a way to take control of these links manually?
Any other hints?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.