TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 Forum

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 Forum [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 8 / 10 ]   Next > >>
Classify Title User name Reply Last update
Question Menu Selection Items BlackLion62 0 2018-01-05 11:17:44
Question Change one letter in a menu, re-render all video again? Remco 2 2020-09-13 01:54:11
Question Thumbnails in menu creation lam nguyen 1 2017-12-05 14:40:08
Bug report Subtitle insertion Sandyone 2 2017-11-16 02:13:27
Question Size Adjustment Weisshaupt 1 2017-10-25 01:21:34
Question Copy Menu Iten Text Attributes hurricane51 2 2017-10-28 12:42:51
Question output in .iso and creating region a free DVD OscarTG 1 2017-09-14 13:16:25
Question Default button in menu IVPR 1 2017-09-16 13:48:21
Question Transparency deaddisk 2 2017-08-19 15:03:00
Question Creating Menus Jim D 1 2017-07-15 17:42:51
Question Only using 20% CPU during encode Simmo1985 2 2018-09-02 14:44:59
Question Leave streams unchanged ciccio.reborn 1 2017-07-21 08:21:26

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 Forum [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 8 / 10 ]   Next > >>
Question - Menu Selection Items No.70941
BlackLion62  2018-01-05 11:17:44 ( ID:0yrjyxdr0ua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
Love the product. Thank you.
But I have a question: Is it possible to use a graphics file as a menu item highlight, instead of the frame, or underline, etc. it would be nice to use an animated gif as a highlight and select. anything from animated arrows to 2 underlines (if the selection is 2 lines of text on the background) or even an animated box, like a small theatre marquee.

again, thank you.

James

Question - Change one letter in a menu, re-render all video again? No.70911
Remco  2017-12-04 06:04:23 ( ID:2yr3.z3zj0w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Two Questions:

I have made a BluRay with one menu, a play-all button and 15 chapters, in one video timeline.

(1) I rendered a ISO and after 2 hours rendering I discoverer one error in the menu text. Just one letter. I changed it and started output again. But it started to render the video again. So another wait for two hours. I understand it need to rebuild the menu, but why re-render the video?

So how to prevent this?

(2) When playing all, it works fine. But when playing a chapter it continues to play after the end of that chapter. The chapter is just a point i a much longer video. But i want it to stop at the end of the chosen chapter.

How do I do that?

I'm new with TMPGenc Autoring Works. I did search the web and the TMPEG help, but can't find the answer.

Thanks!

tkrave  2017-12-05 14:37:36 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1) If the video is rendering, I'm assuming it's not compliant with the Blu-ray standard? If that is the case, you should go back to the Source stage and import your ISO and use that as your source video instead of the old clip. Since the ISO is blu-ray compliant, it shouldn't re-render it again, and all you'll have to do is re-render the menus.

2) It sounds like your chapters aren't actually chapters then. It sounds like you want them to be separate clips/tracks that can be played independently of each other.
If so, you should split the video into multiple clips at the chapter points. You can do that by going to the Clip Editor and turning each chapter point into a split point. You can then split the clip into multiple clips.
Play All from the top menu will still play all the clips one after the other, but choosing a track (previously your chapter) will now just play that track and then stop.
That's how I would do it, but you should use the Simulation stage to test how it works before output.

reddwarf4ever  2020-09-13 01:54:11 ( ID:xmae.x4sfjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi IS it best to create (extract) short video files from the main video amnd add these Vs creating chapters from within the program ? I can create lossless extractions thanks

Question - Thumbnails in menu creation No.70910
lam nguyen  Home )  2017-12-02 10:02:13 ( ID:un7cfjghixr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I would like to know if I can put more than 32 thumbnails on one menu page?

Thank you!

tkrave  2017-12-05 14:40:08 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a limit dictated by the DVD and Blu-ray standards, so the maximum in TAW6 is the maximum for the standard, I believe. DVD can have more thumbnails than blu-ray if I remember correctly.

Bug report - Subtitle insertion No.70901
Sandyone  2017-11-11 23:59:43 ( ID:lc9erfh8fu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help needed....on the trial version...TMPGEnc 6 [ver 6.0.9.11]

When I insert a text title.[subtitle edit] ...It appears on the source and the simulation....
But when outputted to the hard drive..it is not there....?

The transitions work ok...

Anyone any idea's

Peter Clare

tkrave  2017-11-15 15:22:41 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When you are playing it from the hard drive, how are you playing it? If you are only playing the video file, you won't see the subtitles, since they are not encoded into the video. Subtitles are overlaid on top of the video, so you'll have to use DVD playing software and then activate the subtitle stream in order to see it.

Sandyone  2017-11-16 02:13:27 ( ID:lc9erfh8fu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I am saving the file as an MP4 on the hard drive....
--------------------------------
Message from Pegasys:
Dear Peter, thank you for your email.

After setting up the subtitles can you see them on Cut edit player?
Please try this:
- on Source stage > Track settings > Subtitle tag > choose the Subtitle stream number: and set the Default subtitle stream:
then check about it.

On the player check your output project, check if the subtitles are turned off, or check a setting to enable them and check.

Best regards
-------------------------------------

In the source/track preview ….Subtitles YES In the Cut Edit preview ……NO..
[No menu selected…..]
In the Simulation…YES
In the Output [when start output]…NO
The movie now on the hard drive…NO..
------------------------------------------
Source/Track/Settings…./Subtitle….
Subtitle stream number…: Automatic [1 stream[s]] Default Subtitle stream….Automatic [subtitles 1] You said “and set the Default subtitle stream:… [Is the above correct….are these the default settings?] You said…“On the player check your output project, check if the subtitles are turned off, or check a setting to enable them and check.”

I cannot see a check box for the subtitles ????...unless I go into the options button/preferences… Under MPEG settings/subtitle display settings… I assume I can change text colour settings ?..That does not work.? .The text subtitles stay white… Hope you can help me further…
-------------------------------
In my last mail regarding subtitles....not appearing in the output section

So I insert a title.....which is white text...
In the Options/MPGE settings...../Subtitle display...I change the font colour to green and tick the replace Font colour...
But the text stays white...
Can you explain what I doing wrong ? or is this a software problem ?

Peter Clare [England]

Question - Size Adjustment No.70880
Weisshaupt  2017-10-20 23:09:36 ( ID:n1kbhjos7lk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can explain exactly what size adjustment does in terms of actual video settings? Is there a place I can look to see what the algo decided? I have a number of smaller ( 350M, H.263) files that I want to write to blu-ray, and their average bit rate is only around 2K. Some of then contain slide show stills and require an even smaller rate to encode.. . I would like to preserve what quality is there, and H.264 should be able to do that at or near that same bitrate (Right?) , but the default settings want to make them into full bitrate pretty Blu-ray files.

I understand I can adjust the encoding bit rates manually, but I was wondering if there is a way to compare what size adjustment does with the manual settings? IS one going to have a better result than the other? IF so, why?

hurricnae51  Home )  2017-10-25 01:21:34 ( ID:3rssf7ypizo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not quite sure what you are mean by "size adjustment". The source "size" in megabytes has little to do with the quality of the video. If you mean resolution (pixels), then all blu-rays are 1920x1080. That doesn't mean they will fill the screen on your TV or other HD monitor, as there are different aspect ratios for different content.

It's important to understand that bitrate is just one of the myriad parameters involved in rendering a video. "Full bitrate" has no meaning. Any re-rendering will degrade the original source, although it may be impercetible. Rendering is just as much art as science, but TAW does a fair job with most source material.

Why don't you just make a sample blu-ray and see the results? If you see problems, then you can post specific questions.

Question - Copy Menu Iten Text Attributes No.70879
hurricane51  2017-10-20 10:48:10 ( ID:3rssf7ypizo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a way to copy all of the text attributes from one menu item to another item(s)? I see a way to copy effects, but it would be very useful to format one item, like an episode in a TV series, then apply that formatting to the remaining items. I think I must be missing something, as that is a feature of some other authoring tools.

tkrave  2017-10-26 14:20:59 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best thing you can do is use the batch font edit function in the Edit Menu of the Menu stage.
This will allow you to set the font, the weight, the size, etc. and then apply them all items or to certain types of items (click the "Coverage" button to select what types of items to change).

David Martin  2017-10-28 12:42:51 ( ID:37xqfn55c1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thnks, I'll try that.

Question - output in .iso and creating region a free DVD No.70848
OscarTG  2017-09-06 12:40:35 ( ID:czfmq36fdn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, is there an option to output in .iso? Also can I create a region free DVD? Thank you.

tkrave  2017-09-14 13:16:25 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, you can create an .iso from your output files. The software outputs the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, then you can use the Disc Writing Tool to create an iso from that.

I believe you can ONLY create region free DVDs as I can't find a way to set a region. I could be wrong though.

Question - Default button in menu No.70840
IVPR  2017-08-24 01:13:05 ( ID:r1hbcxrvbxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just upgraded to AW6. In 5 I couldn't get the first chapter to be highlighted when moving forward or back to menu pages and I can't get it right in 6 either. In 6 I get it to highlight the first chapter when moving to 2nd page but when going back to first page it highlights the 'next' button or the last chapter on the page. I have tried virtually every combination of 'Global Settings' and 'Page Local Settings'. Does this function just not work or am I the idiot??

tkrave  2017-09-16 13:48:21 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried to do it too and have the same results as you. Maybe it's a bug or maybe they didn't describe the function correctly, because the way it's described, you should be able to highlight the first chapter/track in a page.

Question - Transparency No.70829
deaddisk  2017-08-06 01:59:06 ( ID:gtyvk6pm/6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!

I have a problem with transparency - i chosse a picture for my popup menu - the background color should be transparent, but where can i choose the color to be transparent? In Version 5 it worked.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

tkrave  2017-08-16 13:12:53 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How did it work in TAW5? I've never known about it.

You might need to use Photoshop or some other image software to make it an actual transparency/alpha channel.

deaddisk  2017-08-19 15:03:00 ( ID:gtyvk6pm/6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello tkrave:

Yes, at Version 5 it was possible - with Version 6 i can´t find this option anymore. I think i must write directly to the support.

Question - Creating Menus No.70811
Jim D  Home )  2017-07-07 09:45:20 ( ID:x/3a3esnf.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having problems creating menus. I need a play all and 6 chapters. When I use the wizard or try and create, I only get either 1 page, or a title page and 1 page.

After creating a chapter on the menu, how do you add an additional chapter?

Thanks

tkrave  2017-07-15 17:42:51 ( ID:nrp09m2aqdn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you make chapters in your video? If not, you'll need to go to the clip editor and add your chapters there. That's what the menu builder bases its chapters on. You can't add chapters from the Menu stage.

Question - Only using 20% CPU during encode No.70792
Simmo1985  2017-06-17 17:07:43 ( ID:g.vgmasdd2g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I output a project to DVD, the program is only using 20% of my CPU (R7 1700, 8c/16t). I've tried enabling CUDA to see if that speeds things up, but it actually slows down the encode (only by a couple of minutes).

Is there something I'm missing?

Brian Ward  2017-07-24 23:27:54 ( ID:wvnsvtpxjxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same issue when I imported a TAW5 project that included previously rendered output with subtitles. I found the re-rendering process spent a very long time displaying "analysing subtitles" before finally outputting the lossless video. During this process it only used one of the four cores of my processor.

If you have the same issue, I resolved it by creating a new TAW6 project rather than importing the old TAW5 version. The new version ran using almost 100% processor..

Anba  2018-09-02 14:44:59 ( ID:lcyqaxq.42f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've noticed the same thing in my case too. Converting a video from one format to another, typically can take anywhere from just a few minutes to several hours. And for the so many hours, the CPU is only half utilized! why wouldn't the software run the cpu at full load and reduce the encoding time by one third?

Question - Leave streams unchanged No.70790
ciccio.reborn  2017-06-15 06:53:30 ( ID:x/rhjisbokj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I used for many years TAW5 and, also if with some limitations (specially on menu side), I found it very useful for my purposes.

I would like to upgrade to TAW6 but I need a new feature: leave streams unchanged (in my case audio stream). Recently I was asked to produce a blu-ray with HD audio (for some concert recordings) but with TAW5 (or TAW6) this is impossible.

I know for sure audio stream is perfectly blu-ray compatible and I understand why TAW cannot decode these audio streams (royalties for DTS HD): but if TAW had the ability to leave streams unchanged (without any decoding)? Obviously at the risk of those who use this option

I cannot afford for this purpose to buy professional authoring suite: what do you think?

Thanks in advance

NoMention  2017-07-21 08:21:26 ( ID:ptw2koe57hj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same request some time ago and they basically said no. I have both the DTS and Dolby encoding suite but like you I cannot afford the professional authoring tools for BD generation. I can build TrueHD and DTS-MA tracks but cannot utilize them in TAW5 or TAW6, both which I have. It would be nice if the app allowed you to select these but only muxed them together with the video at output time. I would save me a lot of hassle and make this a truly wonderful product.

Due to this issue, I've started exploring multiAVCHD which appears to allow this although their menu system is not nearly as good as TAW.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.