Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 39 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW5 BBS Subtitles (subpictures) are too large a440guy 1 2015-10-14 11:50:44
Question TAW4 separate track as a separate menu all 3 2015-10-08 23:53:23
Question TAW5 BBS menu behaviour neko 0 2015-10-04 19:07:01
Question TAW5 BBS Do Not Connect The Clips TomLewandowski 4 2015-10-05 23:39:12
Bug report TVMW6 Not correctly work some filters combination in Clip Editing mode Sergey 0 2015-10-03 02:50:56
Bug report TMSR4 INvalid window handle - cannot load multiple clips - buttons stop hiohaa 1 2015-09-24 16:50:52
Bug report TVMW6 Incorrect conversion of 7.1 to 5.1 audio BrianG61UK 0 2015-09-20 04:47:29
Question TMSR4 Convert to another format Dennis 1 2015-09-19 09:42:23
Question TVMW6 Lossless editing Dennis 1 2015-09-19 09:40:57
Question TVMW6 SLI Support Lathean 0 2015-09-18 03:29:49
Question TVMW6 Keyframes to Small Sigi77 0 2015-09-16 06:59:05
Question TAW5 BBS Seriously need help on SRT subtitles, Fthailand 1 2016-02-25 03:55:40

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 39 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW5 BBS - Subtitles (subpictures) are too large No.69972
a440guy  2015-10-14 06:21:08 ( ID:i6muj6mlveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the Trial version of TAW5. The subtitles as rendered into subpictures are too large. Is there a way to change the font size?

tkrave  2015-10-14 11:50:44 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the Clip Editor window, go to the Subtitle Edit tab and click on the Edit Menu button at the bottom-right of the window and select Layout Edit from the drop-down menu.

This will open up the layout editor where you can select the font and change the size. You don't select a font size, instead you change the resolution %. In your case, you want to lower the percentage to make the font smaller in relation to the screen size.

Question - TAW4 - separate track as a separate menu No.69965
all  2015-10-07 06:45:14 ( ID:9lvjkoljcgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
I have one question. Can I put separate track as a separate menu in tmpgenc dvd author?
I have several tracks but I would like to add pages in autorun and arange tracks if possible.

tkrave  2015-10-07 09:03:53 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't understand what you want.

all  2015-10-07 18:03:48 ( ID:n/92iam1lga )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I apologize I am lousy in explaining sometimes…
One person told me that it is better to cut chapters in separate tracks because of navigation and behavior of the chapters. Everything is fine in menu construction when I have one movie.. I have top page and then a page with chapters (that are mini movies in separate tracks). But what to do when I have several movies that all have chapters (that I want to cut and divide in separate tracks)? Is there a way to put new pages and link what track I want to have in what menu pages? I want a list of movies in the first page and then when certain movie is selected to get me to the page with chapters.

tkrave  2015-10-08 23:53:23 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What's the reasoning behind putting each chapter into its own track? Doesn't that just list all of your chapters in the Top menu? I guess that's useful if you want to turn the Top menu into a chapter menu.

Anyway ignore that, and just put each movie in its own track.
That way, the Top menu will list all of your movies, and when you select one, it will go to that movie's chapter menu (track menu = chapter menu).

Question - TAW5 BBS - menu behaviour No.69963
neko  2015-10-04 19:07:01 ( ID:9lvjkoljcgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do need chapter page for one video but for other I don't. Can I have on the main page one video that would take me to the chapter menu when I click on it, and one that would not and that would start right away? (I have the main lecture with chapters and an interview without chapters all in separate tracks )

Right now I can either have one option or the other in the main page I can't have both. Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance.
Note I am working in Tmpgenc dvd author 4 and am buying version 5 next week.

Question - TAW5 BBS - Do Not Connect The Clips No.69959
TomLewandowski  2015-10-03 07:15:52 ( ID:gowgc24b5j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can you prevent multiple clips within a track, from automatically playing when the previous clip ends? The "Do Not Connect The Clips" option is enabled, and page links indicate upon completion, each clip should return to the track menu.

tkrave  2015-10-03 09:51:50 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The "Do not connect clips" option is more of an encoding setting and doesn't affect menu behavior.

Is this a DVD or Blu-ray?
For Blu-rays, there is no clip end action option, only a track end action option.

For DVDs, you can set a chapter end action, which will do what you want. You can access it via the "DVD-Video Global Menu Settings" button in the Menu Stage.

TomLewandowski  2015-10-04 02:09:34 ( ID:gowgc24b5j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using AW5 for Blu-ray creation, so I guess I'm out of luck. I've been unable to figure out a way to setup a menuing system for multi-episode TV shows, that behaves like a DVD: A top menu, episode menu, features menu, where the option to return to the "episode menu" upon completion of playing an episode, exists.

If the "Top Title Menu" were able to allow you to display links to whatever track you wanted, this would be another option, but I haven't been able to figure out a means of doing that, either.

I'm trying to imitate a DVD layout, but on a Blu-ray disc. I've used NERO VIDEO to do this, for years. However, NERO VIDEO doesn't support multiple audio tracks, pop-up menus, or subtitles. But it does allow for many options that TAW5 doesn't; like full duplication of menus and menu items, more flexible editing options, like copy and paste. TAW5, however, is superior in everything else -- and I wish I would have started using it years ago.

I've never owned a BD player that wasn't able to play any DVD or BD disc I've created in any authoring program. I understand the desire for Pegasus and other authoring software publishers to create programs that adhere to strict DVD/BD structure guideline, but I wish somebody would allow you at least the option to create discs that "bend the rules" (at your own risk), since so many players DO handle discs that don't adhere to such strict parameters.

tkrave  2015-10-04 10:02:08 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty sure the DVD/BD standards allow for what you want to do, it's just that Pegasys hasn't really updated their menu authoring system for years (it's pretty much been the same sine DVD Author 2.0, I think).

I don't understand why they stick to this particular menu structure; it's fine for home videos, but you can't really replicate a typical studio-produced DVD/BD menu, which I think is what most people want today.

If you could just add sub-track menus to a track menu, I think a lot of issues would be solved.

I think they need to completely overhaul the menu authoring system for TAW6.

TomLewandowski  Home )  2015-10-05 23:39:12 ( ID:gowgc24b5j. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I haven't used Authoring Works 5 for long, but have been authoring DVD's and BD's with other software, for many years. I can't afford the high-end price tag of professional authoring software, but a lot of these less expensive programs are capable of some professional output features. I just wish there was one that combined them all.

If I could figure out a way to create an "end-of-clip" action for blu-ray menus, I'd be very satisfied with TAW5. Compared to NERO VIDEO, HD content that requires re-rendering seems to be superior in TAW5. It's just that the menuing edit process is quite cumbersome when creating many customized menus, and the ability to link menus, clips, tracks is pretty limited.

I don't know enough about the strictness of BD requirements, but I agree with you in regards to the DVD/BD standards should allow for what I'm trying to do. I would think it's something that would be commonly done for multi-episodic BD creation, with or without Java support. Besides, NERO VIDEO does it (though without subtitle, pop-up menu, or multiple audio track support) and the resulting BD's play fine on a myriad of different brand players.

I don't see a lot of Pegasus feedback on this forum and wonder how much they interact with their customers, or heed user input. Like you said, they haven't really updated their menuing system in years -- and it doesn't seem as though user suggestions are being implemented into the occasional updates. "End of clip" function for BD authoring, copy & paste menu items, duplicate complete menu pages...seem to be pretty standard and basic functions that should have been implemented a while ago.

Bug report - TVMW6 - Not correctly work some filters combination in Clip Editing mode No.69958
Sergey  2015-10-03 02:50:56 ( ID:xufxt614d3m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I full last version of TVMW6 not correctly work Mask filter with reverse(Speed) filter in Clip Editing mode!!!

I have video with reverse speed filter (Speed filter with Reverse option). When I try to add Mask filter I cannot select Range for Layer inside Mask filter.

PLEASE, FIX IT QUICKLY !!!

Bug report - TMSR4 - INvalid window handle - cannot load multiple clips - buttons stop No.69954
hiohaa  2015-09-23 05:16:24 ( ID:nebanajyfi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried multiple versions, both the latest and previous versions, and i'm constantly getting the following problem - 'invalid window handle'. When i load in a first clip - fine, no problem, i can edit it, fine. The moment i load in a second clip, then go to the edit screen, the buttons stop working and the program stops functioning. When i go to close it, i get this error message 'invalid window handle'. I have tried not using CUDA, same result. I've made a video showing what is happening, which you can see here: https://youtu.be/1XR4QQOJzvg
as you can see the moment i load in a 2nd video, buttons stop working, then when i go to close the window it just crashes with the invalid window handle error.
please help as the program for me is basically useless.

hiohaa  2015-09-24 16:50:52 ( ID:ubl3uexr5h. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem solved. It was to do with teamviewer.
I had to disable one of the features on teamviewer which creates some button on every window open.
Now smart renderer works fine. thanks to pegasys support for their prompt help.

Bug report - TVMW6 - Incorrect conversion of 7.1 to 5.1 audio No.69950
BrianG61UK  Home )  2015-09-20 04:47:29 ( ID:kngyk.nvct. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As an experiment, to see how good H265 was I encoded a movie from a blu-ray disk to H.265 with 5.1 AAC audio.

The video work well with a file size of only 1.3GB.

But the 5.1 audio was messed up.
TVMW6 seems to have just dropped the rear channels from the 7.1 audio and encoded only the front and side into the 5.1 audio. Players seem to see that there is a strange 5.1 speaker arrangement with side speakers and no rear speakers and just play it as stereo on the front speakers.

Please can this be fixed?

Question - TMSR4 - Convert to another format No.69946
Dennis  2015-09-18 23:10:10 ( ID:jx7cm32mhm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know I can do lossless editing keeping the same format but can I also edit a file and output it in a different format?

tkrave  2015-09-19 09:42:23 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That would be file conversion, which requires re-encoding. Unless you are talking about different container formats which I think the software allows.

Question - TVMW6 - Lossless editing No.69945
Dennis  2015-09-18 23:05:53 ( ID:jx7cm32mhm6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does Video Mastering Works 6 do lossless editing - just copying any unaltered material and only converting the joins?

tkrave  2015-09-19 09:40:57 ( ID:t7rw5rdz3jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No. It is an encoder, so it's mainly for re-encoding whether that be adding filters or format conversion.

Authoring Works 5 and TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 have lossless editing.

Question - TVMW6 - SLI Support No.69944
Lathean  2015-09-18 03:29:49 ( ID:5oita9l3an6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does TMPGEnc VMW 6 support a SLI technology?

Question - TVMW6 - Keyframes to Small No.69939
Sigi77  2015-09-16 06:59:05 ( ID:zqz9djgxz3. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Version 6.0.7.19 Trial

Where i can the Keyframes bigger?
i cant customize the Frame of Keyframes an the Keyframes are very small (the size of the Keyframes in Mastering Works 5 are fine for me..)

cu
Sigi

Question - TAW5 BBS - Seriously need help on SRT subtitles, No.69938
Fthailand  2015-09-16 02:27:37 ( ID:3t8cws581hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am presently working on a very important project on a TV series in which i have to import SRT sub files to each episode of over 100, the problem is that all the sub files are all messed up when imported into TWA5 showing characters like this all over the place <i> yes okay !</i>".

is this an italic character issue, if yes how can i solve it without manually editing all 100 episode of an hour clip each ?
am not a professional in subtitling, is it possible to remove all the italic characters before importing to TWA5 ?

Thanks in advance for all your helps

Rob Stow  2016-02-25 03:55:40 ( ID:pukzkxfjbil )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because I'm deaf as a doorknob I spend a lot of time dealing with .srt files. They are simple text files so you can edit them with any text editor - my favourite is Notepad++.

With Notepad++ you can do two things that would make it trivial to remove the italics tags from all of those .srt files:
1.) You can tell Search/Replace to run across all open files.
2.) You can use regular expressions. (If you don't know much about using reg exp you could still accomplish your task without much extra work: delete the opening and closing tags in separate steps instead of all in one step.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.