Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 141 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE40 Best settings to encode hd1920x1080i for Encore? URGENT giannis pass 3 2010-07-19 05:26:45
Question TAW4 Adding track after menu created macnab 3 2010-06-17 05:37:01
Bug report TE40 Filter: Volume Adjust: Uniformization problem h1tch 2 2010-07-02 18:18:18
Bug report TMVS SpursEngine driver crashes in latest MovieStyle app Larry 2 2023-06-07 15:47:55
Request TAW4 Browse fuction for missing files - suggestion Adasat 4 2010-06-27 00:20:42
Question TE40 Limited Audio Source pkldonovan 1 2010-06-15 06:44:33
Question TAW4 Why does AW4 re-encode my MPEG-2 David Singletary 2 2010-06-15 02:07:06
Request TE40 Add graphic subtitle support David Moen 1 2010-06-12 05:32:54
Question TE40 Unable to "Cut-edit". Error message "Invalid bitmap image" Taro 1 2010-06-11 05:19:43
Question TE40 Canopus Codec Add Michael 1 2010-06-11 05:16:31
Question TAW4 header track to top menu kamarada 1 2010-06-11 07:58:35
Free talk TE40 Downscaling Edius HD to SD with 4.0 XPress tkrave 0 2010-06-09 03:31:57

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 141 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE40 - Best settings to encode hd1920x1080i for Encore? URGENT No.63225
giannis pass  2010-06-16 07:00:00 ( ID:wiyv2jw/khj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,
i need to convert a QTRef file to a file that can imported to Adobe Encore.
I tried with "Blu Ray standard Mpeg file" settings from TMPEnc but when i import this file to Encore, it is indicated as Untrascodded.
In this way, encore has to transcode again, and it is a time problem for me.
What is the best settings?
I have to export MPEG2 or Mpeg4 file for bluray?
And in the Encore, at the project settings, i have to choose codec between MPEG-2 and H.264.
And also the frame rate is 25i ir 50p?
What is the right?
My master video PAL and it is coming from Sony ex1 xdcam with 1920x1080i settings.
Thanks

tkrave  2010-06-17 05:30:56 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What type of file are you trying to output in Encore? A 1920x1080 Blu-ray?

Blu-rays can be MPEG-2 or H.264, however I think the Blu-ray output template in 4.0 XPress is MPEG-2 only. I'm not sure why Encore wants to re-encode your file, since it should be Blu-ray compliant if you used the Blu-ray template in 4.0 XPress.

I would choose the 25i framerate. I don't think 50p is compliant with a 1920x1080 Blu-ray, so if you just have those two to choose from, I would choose 25i.

Whatever you choose, make sure your output settings in 4.0 XPress match that. If there is a miss-match between your file and the output settings in Encore, then yes, it will re-encode.

giannispass  2010-06-18 01:53:38 ( ID:aepldlxpink )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One of the problems, maybe the most serious, is that encore wants two seperate files. One for video and one for audio.
So i have to choose that tmpegenc must output 2 seperate files

mathewlisett  Home )  2010-07-19 05:26:45 ( ID:medjp4.yoma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

encode to quicktime PNG, this will need a lot of hard drive space as it gives over 100mbps bitrate

that will easily import into the adobe encore if thats what the encore your on about.

Question - TAW4 - Adding track after menu created No.63224
macnab  2010-06-15 15:15:04 ( ID:m1hqrbnlrva )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 2 volume project. Volume 1 with 7 tracks, Volume 2 with 9. I created Volume 1 with 8, instead of 9, tracks in the menu. Removed one track on source page. Created disk and then used Save as to do Volume 2.

It was then that I realised that I am a track short in the menu. Is there any (relatively) easy way of changing the menu to 9 tracks, short of painstakingly re-creating the menu, copying all settings one by one from Volume 1?

tkrave  2010-06-16 07:03:08 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There's a way to save menu item effects as a template so you don't have to go in and redo all of your effects. For instance, if you have a couple of effects (blur, outer shadow, etc.) applied to a track thumbnail, you can save the settings for that menu item so you can easily apply them to other menu items.

There's also an option to copy the menu item layout of a page and apply it to another page. You can find this option by clicking the "Edit menu" button towards the bottom of the Menu Stage.

macnab  2010-06-16 15:09:27 ( ID:m1hqrbnlrva )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Of course, the template specifies layout, effects, etc - NOT the number of tracks.

tkrave  2010-06-17 05:37:01 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe I'm not understanding the problem here.

If you want to add a track, just go back to the Source stage and add the ninth track. It will automatically use whatever base layout you selected in the wizard.

If you made changes such as menu item effects, or moved things around, then you'll have to copy the menu item layout to the new page and apply the menu item effects to the items you changed.

Bug report - TE40 - Filter: Volume Adjust: Uniformization problem No.63223
h1tch  2010-06-15 14:15:23 ( ID:efsy1iqr1z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think the volume uniformization filter is working properly. When playing the preview, it works as expected, boosting the levels without clipping by compressing the dynamic range. But the levels of the resultant audio stream after encoding is the same as the original. Also the dB range is only selectable between -12 to -2, while the docs state -12 to 2 (maybe this is a typo?).

tkrave  2010-06-23 04:16:41 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe the "2" in the help file is a typo. What is your output format and settings, and what volume uniformization settings did you use?

h1tch  2010-07-02 18:18:18 ( ID:efsy1iqr1z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using -3 dB (default), also tried -2 dB (which should boost the audio levels the most, if I understand correctly), leveling type = average. If you hit "analyse for preview" and look at the waveform display, the levels are boosted considerably. Hit play and it sounds much louder. Encode the video with this setting and reload that result back into TMPGenc, the audio levels are not boosted to the same degree.

I am using MP4-AVC 800x450 @ 1500 kbs (AAC audio, @ 160 kbs). But I've also tried MPEG-2 (MPEG-1 Audio, @ 128 kbs), and WMV-9, output format does not seem to affect the result. There was a change in the uniformization function in the build earlier this year, could that have inadvertently broken this feature?

If this works correctly (as it appears to in the preview), this is a very useful function when encoding videos for small mobile devices, since the tiny speakers can't handle the dynamic range of the average movie. Thanks for any ideas, suggestions.

Bug report - TMVS - SpursEngine driver crashes in latest MovieStyle app No.63222
Larry  2010-06-15 13:25:05 ( ID:j7n0q0q1g1j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just purchased the Leadtek SpursEngine PCI-E Card, the TMPGE SpursEngine Plug-In, and the new MovieStyle software. I already owned TMPGExpress 4.0.

TMPGExpress 4.o seems to work fine with no driver crashes.

As soon as I begin a specific action in MovieStyle, the driver crashes, the Windows Device Manager dismounts the Leadtek card, and I begin to get error messages from both MovieStyle and TMPGExpress 4.0 regarding the Spurs hardware not being available.

Only when I reboot does the problem go away, but it then consistently re-appears every time I enter MovieStyle .vob import in the Source Wizard.

I would appereciate any suggestions / assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

tkrave  2010-06-17 05:45:04 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the SpursEngine plug-in for MovieStyle? It's a different installer than the one for 4.0 XPress I believe. You should be able to log into your user account and download either installer.

Other than that, I have no idea what it could be.
Try using the official SpursEngine plug-in support form:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/support/support.html

Larry  2010-06-17 13:32:17 ( ID:j7n0q0q1g1j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think my problem was solved with some excellent help from Olivier from TMPGE Customer Support.

I was advised to copy the following files from my correctly-working TMPGExpress 4.0 folder (in C:\Program Files) to the MovieStyle Folder, replacing the files of the same name in the MovieStyle Folder.

MovieMPEGSE.dll
SpursEnginePlugin.dll
candi.dll
specdc_sr2.ssb
specdc_trans2.ssb
Voila' !!!!! The problem went away.

I assume my installer screwed up the original installation somehow or that one or more of these files was defective. The copy and paste fixed my problem!!

I am posting this here so others who may have the same problem in the future will be spared a lot of screwing around and rebooting trying to get their installation to work.

Larry

Request - TAW4 - Browse fuction for missing files - suggestion No.63215
Adasat  2010-06-14 00:00:21 ( ID:2gangkjhldh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Often I find I have to redo all the settings applied (title, chapter labels, transitions and other) as I open a old projekt and get the error message "file is not found / cancel".

As I move around my files sometimes due to lack of HD space, I really would appreciate a MISSING FILE BROWSING OPTION there, to locate the files I might have moved.

This would save me an enormous amount of time, now spent reconstructing the various settings of the tracks.

My guess is that such a browsing function shouldn't be that hard to integrate in this otherwise extremely userfriendy high end DVD-editing software.

tkrave  2010-06-15 06:31:01 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This function is already present.

At the Start stage, open a saved project and open the project file in question.
An error message will appear for each source file it can't find. Each error message has a "Browse.." button that you can click to select the new path for the source file. Do that for each source file and you'll be good to go!

Adasat  2010-06-22 06:58:12 ( ID:2gangkjhldh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Unfortunately I do not have this button :(

I made a screendump of my error message and as you can se here: http://www.adastramedia.com/TMPGenc/Error.gif the browse button is just not there.

Could it be that I always use DVD VIDEO_TS - files (from my harddisk drive) for input? Or is it maybe that I never use the proxy function?

??

tkrave  2010-06-22 09:05:31 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looks like the "Browse.." button doesn't show up for .vob files. You'll have to copy the .vob file to the directory the project thinks it should be in.

To find out where to put the file, use the "Project file check tool". From the start stage, click on the "Advanced Tools" button, then choose "Project file check tool". Load your project file and it will show a list of the file used in the project and where they should be located on your computer.

Adasat  2010-06-27 00:20:42 ( ID:2gangkjhldh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you - That solved my problem!

Question - TE40 - Limited Audio Source No.63212
pkldonovan  2010-06-13 13:16:25 ( ID:7kmsz7ewc4m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is the Audio Source limited to only one when the 3.0 version had 2 source?

This makes it impossible to burn a DVD with bilingual audios.

tkrave  2010-06-15 06:44:33 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't recall 3.0 XPress having two audio sources. Maybe you're getting mixed up with DVD Author 3.

Besides, you can't burn a DVD with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress, so it's impossible to burn a DVD period.

Try TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4; that might be what you're looking for. People get it mixed up with 4.0 XPress all the time. With Authoring Works 4, you can add two audio tracks and burn a DVD.

Question - TAW4 - Why does AW4 re-encode my MPEG-2 No.63210
David Singletary  2010-06-13 12:32:38 ( ID:wyttuazbina )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use AW4 to make Blu-ray videos. The MPEG-2 I am importing into AW4 is 23 GB. The Blu-ray capacity is 25 GB. Why does my clip in AW4 always show FR-full render, meaning when I go to burn the disk, AW4 re-encodes my entire MPEG-2 which takes 7 hours? I want my clip to indicate SR-Smart render.

halfpipe  2010-06-14 20:45:26 ( ID:uggl1b16g8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now I'm not absolutely sure but a 25gb blu-ray disc may only have 22.5gb (or there abouts)space available for recording because of the 'overhead' reserved. Try one with less data

tkrave  2010-06-15 02:07:06 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are the specs of your video? Aspect ratio, framerate, resolution? Are you sure it's a MPEG-2 and not an MPEG-4? What's the file extension?

Request - TE40 - Add graphic subtitle support No.63206
David Moen  2010-06-11 22:05:12 ( ID:f/.8aj8be96 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I love the ability to add text based subtitles with the subtitle filter. I would be great if I could also add graphic file based subtitles too. Some languages (Farsi, Arabic, Hindi) have character sets that keep their formating better when saved as graphic files. This would be helpful for logos and titles created in photo editing software too.

Please consider this request for a new version.

Frank Corona  2010-06-12 05:32:54 ( ID:8hqeawkg2br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you'd be better served by a good layered timeline editor like Premiere.

Question - TE40 - Unable to "Cut-edit". Error message "Invalid bitmap image" No.63201
Taro  2010-06-11 01:39:40 ( ID:jstd8mq8fum )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I'm using Win XP to "Cut-edit" clips in a project file that was save in Windows 7. Unfortunately I got this error message on some clips, and I'm unable to edit them. How to solve this issue? Please advise. Thank you.

Error message: "An error occurred while structuring the clip edit window. Refer to the details below. Invalid bitmap image"

tkrave  2010-06-11 05:19:43 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using a project that was created on a different computer can cause some problems. That might be the reason for the error.

Or it could just be a random. Does it happen every time you try and cut-edit a particular clip? Have you tried quitting and restarting the program?

Question - TE40 - Canopus Codec Add No.63199
Michael  2010-06-10 22:46:29 ( ID:o9bgigj6qgg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Forum.

Can anyone tell me the steps necessary to install my Canopus codecs into TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress? I'm pretty sure the Codecs are on my computer(since I edit with Canopus Edius) but I don't know how to add them to the codec list in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress. Thanks for your help!

tkrave  2010-06-11 05:16:31 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They should show up automatically if you installed them on your computer.

Check Options-->Preferences-->Input/output format list-->AVI settings
If it doesn't show up in that list, then there may be a problem with the codec installation or some sort of conflict.

Is there a good place to download the codecs? Maybe I can try it on my comp to see if they work.

Question - TAW4 - header track to top menu No.63198
kamarada  2010-06-10 21:37:51 ( ID:q4wgfcbdssm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi everyone.
I have a little problem with the program and it's that i don't know how to make the playback goes to the top menu after it plays de header track
p.d. i tried with the menu wizard, and the result still the same!, also try with the autoring 3 and there was no big diference
i'm thinking that is a trouble with the program itself,
plis someone can help me?? i will really apreciate it
thanks..

tkrave  2010-06-11 07:58:35 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you choose the right option for the track playback end action?

http://i45.tinypic.com/fypymr.jpg

Free talk - TE40 - Downscaling Edius HD to SD with 4.0 XPress No.63193
tkrave  2010-06-09 03:31:57 ( ID:rtaw9vhji5c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thought this was interesting if any of you edit with Edius:
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/t4-hd-sd.html

Got it from the TMPGEnc facebook page, which might be the fastest way to learn about software updates.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/TMPGEnc-Pegasys-Inc/296824287819?ref=ts

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.