Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 218 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 Track naming rendez2k 2 2009-01-07 19:21:22
Question TE40 AUD-X support in TMPGENC Electron707 1 2008-11-28 09:29:22
Question TDA3 Menu with only one page alejo 1 2008-11-14 23:01:03
Question TAW4 Blu-ray: vc-1/h264 support Ciccio 1 2008-12-03 10:16:50
Question TE25 software acts funny! (but i'm not laughing!) Friskee 1 2008-11-15 05:28:03
Question TAW4 GOP issue rendez2k 3 2008-12-08 00:14:56
Free talk TAW4 Thoughts? dudehuge 20 2009-01-07 19:35:31
Question TE40 NTSC to PAL rendez2k 0 2008-11-13 21:56:57
Question TDA3 System Error 8 Lady 76 1 2008-11-14 23:00:23
Question TE40 Incorrect Aspect Ratio Size Darren 1 2008-11-13 20:29:05
Question TE40 How to add letterbox Darren 2 2008-11-13 21:32:57
Bug report TE40 WMV audo encoding bug amoreno 6 2008-11-28 09:11:22

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 218 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - Track naming No.61570
rendez2k  2008-11-14 21:55:42 ( ID:kct8aqti.x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there away to automatically make the track name the same as the clip name? Or, make the clip name the label in the menu?

tkrave  2008-11-14 23:35:08 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There's no way to automatically make the track name the same as the clip name, but you can set the chapter menu labels to be taken from the clip name(s).

Go to Options --> Preferences --> Project Default Settings.
There, you can set the Chapter Label to "Clip name + number".

old-hack  2009-01-07 19:21:22 ( ID:xlaelkhtbnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the upper left hand corner it identifies the Track you are working on. If you select "Settings", you can rename "Track 1" to whatever track name you want and it will use that for your menu track name.

Question - TE40 - AUD-X support in TMPGENC No.58501
Electron707  2008-11-14 19:06:34 ( ID:zrsfdctebq6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to encode the DVDs using the AUD-x Audio Codec (being the only 5.1 free codec available). I have the codec installed and can see the codec in other encoders like Virtualdub but TMPGENC 4.0 is not showing the same in the codec list...any ideas?

Thanks & regards.

myself  2008-11-28 09:29:22 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the codec is not present I assume that is not supported.
good luck

Question - TDA3 - Menu with only one page No.60815
alejo  2008-11-14 15:04:25 ( ID:6eua59lfztm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to create a menu with only one page. In that page I want to put the access to every chapter of the movie (in my case, only two) and audio and subtitle option.
I coudn't do this. All the examples that I can try, put the subtitle an audio option in a separte page the the chapters options.

It is possible to create a menu with only one page that includes all this options?

Thanks.

tkrave  2008-11-14 23:01:03 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's not possible. The subtitle and audio options will always be on a separate page from the chapters/tracks.

Question - TAW4 - Blu-ray: vc-1/h264 support No.61568
Ciccio  2008-11-14 13:44:20 ( ID:m7uqxzxdquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I tried yesterday (quickly) V4 and I found it very promising. But I would like to know if and when will be added H264/VC-1 support to create a BDMV (in this moment only MPEG-2 is supported).

TIA

MNIDHK  2008-12-03 10:16:50 ( ID:wsofuyh4kaf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, That's my question too!

I believe that AVC is sharper then MPEG2!

Is this possible in the future?

Question - TE25 - software acts funny! (but i'm not laughing!) No.43719
Friskee  2008-11-14 09:27:23 ( ID:6skodacn0vr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Howdy.
I've got 2 copies of TMPGENC, One I bought as an "add-on deal" with DVD-LAB PRO, they must have swung a deal with Pegasus, whatever.

The other is a paid-for TMPGENC PLUS 2.5 (2.58.44.152).

Both act very strange on my computer (XP Pro with latest updates)

Occasionally they freeze, quite often they simply disappear after loading a movie file. (like "gone" off the map)

Lately they are refusing to open AVI files that were produced in the exact same format that they opened seamlessly a month back.

anyone else have these problems? any fixes?

thanks for any help!

Frisk

goodfriend  2008-11-15 05:28:03 ( ID:k2z/h4ucfmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all friends , I hope these messages can help you :
Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to iPod at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD-video-to-iPod-video.html
Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to iphone at http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-iphone.html
Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to Zune at http://www.oursdownload.com/Zune-Video-Converter,dvd-to-Zune,dvd-to-Zune-converter,Zune-converter.html
Share : how to convert dvd and video to PSP at http://www.oursdownload.com/PSP-Video-Converter,dvd-to-PSP,dvd-to-PSP-converter,PSP-converter.html
Only one software to convert DVD and video to iPhone,iPod,Zune,PSP at http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-video-converter.html
Share : how to convert dvd and video to Apple TV at http://www.oursdownload.com/dvd-to-apple-tv.html

Question - TAW4 - GOP issue No.61564
rendez2k  2008-11-14 09:00:31 ( ID:fbwcv/cdg1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've added a number of Xvids to a project and I keep getting GOP errors, saying that they are not DVD compatible? I've left all the render settings on default. I've had a look in the settings for each video but I can't see anything related to GOP? I thought as video rendering was on auto, that it would be able to change the setting itself anyway. Any ideas?

pduk  2008-11-14 12:18:20 ( ID:osjko7qftdo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same GOP error issue. I did a test DVD yesterday and it played fine on my home player, but I am not expert enough to be able to tell if this is likely to be a problem in the future.

pduk  2008-11-28 10:10:20 ( ID:osjko7qftdo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Further to this, I've noticed that this only seems to happen when encoding for PAL DVD (25 fps) but the discs I've made have played fine, thus far.

Timbo  2008-12-08 00:14:56 ( ID:rgqw1asq3yn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I also have this problem when makeing a slideshow using PAL DVD. Happens every time whether on auto or re0encoding

Free talk - TAW4 - Thoughts? No.61543
dudehuge  2008-11-13 22:46:35 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So does anyone have TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 yet? What do you guys think? worth buying?

rendez2k  2008-11-14 08:58:16 ( ID:fbwcv/cdg1c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got it last night and had a quick play - so far its very similar to v3. To be honest if you don't need Blu-ray and you've got v3 I'd give the demo a good test to see if its worth it to you. I'm hoping theres some hidden gems in there somewhere that I'm yet to find! Anyone else found any killer new features?

piero101  2008-11-14 22:55:28 ( ID:ycqdruvx.nf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a lot disappointed.
It's much similar to v3, H264/avc codec are not supported and it's a big problem for me because my HD files are H264/AVC not mpeg2.
It's impossible to burning HD files on DVD, so I must use blu-ray for HD.
Therefore I have decided not to buy it until these problems will not come resolved and I will continue to use v3.

Stan  2008-11-15 23:58:46 ( ID:k4tnkxecrgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know the reason behind not supporting H.264, but I have the same problem with their TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. When you import a file containing H.264 encoded video it always shows the wrong duration. This is really sad, because I'm a huge fan of their TMPG encoders, but lack of support for H.264, 5.1 audio (in 4.0 Xpress) and DTS is dumbfounding me. For a Japanese company I would expect to always introduce the latest technology in their products not lagging behind. Very strange indeed.

TimA-C  2008-11-16 14:20:06 ( ID:tptfmqcoxyo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bought this a couple of days ago and apart from the Blu-ray support (which I don't need at the moment) the main improvements I've found so far are;-

1. Definitely much faster authoring on my Intel Quad-Core 6600 system - getting on for half the time version 3 took. (Obviously burning still takes the same time as before.)

2. Transcoding seems to be much faster and quality appears to be better than I remembered as well although I never use this facility much.

3. They've added an option to make it much easier to line things up when you're dragging them around on the menu screens.

4. A few more menu buttons and thumbnails and more information on how to make your own buttons/thumbnails and import them from 3rd party programs.

There are a number of smaller improvements such as adding tags to your custom menu templates to make them easier to find, and I like the new, darker colourscheme of the GUI. It still won't accept non-DVD standard resolution mpeg2 material (such as is broadcast by a number of digital TV channels here in the UK) without doing a full re-encode despite all my DVD players handling it without a problem.

Is it worth the $59.95 (roughly £40) upgrade charge if you have no need of Blu-ray? For me, yes, I think so. I use V3 a lot and the increases in speed are probably worth the upgrade alone. If it wasn't for the increase in performance I've seen on my system then I think I would've been disappointed and felt a bit ripped off. So, if you're running an older system or are only an occasional user then you might want to give the trial version a thorough workout before deciding whether the upgrade is worth it to you. Hopefully they'll release some more templates and menu buttons/thumbnails free of charge to help sweeten the pot a bit more.

Neil Goodwill  2008-11-22 18:25:14 ( ID:w4o0ex4jdmm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just been trying TAW4 trial version, and I am quite impressed apart from the following points:-
1. It will never compete with Ulead Movie Factory until it stops having to render the preview files. Even the smallest change takes forever, whereas MF does it instantly! The final output render is also longer than MF.
2. There are no menu page transitions, unlike MF, apart from fade-in and fade-out. The transitions should happen when a button is selected not on a timed basis. Why would anyone want a page to fade-in then fade to the same page shortly afterwards?
3. In the trial version it does not seem possible to change templates once the custom menu option has been chosen. I may be missing something here, but in previous versions I am sure you could choose to use a template in the middle of setting up a custom menu.
I can't see me buying TAW4 especially when it is more expensive than Ulead Movie Factory and not as flexible in operation, although I could be persuaded if the above issues were addressed.

Mark  2008-11-25 07:21:54 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I purchased this program yesterday, but it sure does have a lot of bugs in it. It crashes the computer. it seizes up during editing the clips, and I'm not sure its worth the buy. Just for now, I would advise everyone not to purchase this program yet. (funny it worked ok on the trial version).

I have mpeg editor 3 and it works perfectly and I have not had an issue with it.

I hope this company can get it fixed...

Maj Kong  2008-12-04 10:20:05 ( ID:xfipn8x531k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As someone who was just considering buying this program and have not even downloaded the trial yet, I can't believe that it doesn't support importing H.264 when the product page clearly says it does, multiple times.

"Input MPEG-1/2, AVI, WMV, QuickTime, DivX, MPEG-4/H.264, AVCHD, DV/HDV, DVD-VR, DVR-MS video files and author to DVD-Video, Blu-ray (BDMV), and DivX Ultra formats."
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4.html

There's even a picture of supported formats incl H.264 on this page:
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4_feature.html

So you are saying this is not true?

ALL of my video is H.264/AVC mp4 and that was the ONLY reason I was considering this software.

I think I'll not even be trying this software out until I can verify the actual capabilities are going to be what they purport them to be.

tkrave  2008-12-05 19:04:39 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TAW4 supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC. It may have had problems reading the header information on certain files, giving the wrong duration of the file. I just tried importing a H.264 file in the latest version, and it seems to be correct.

I say just try out the trial version to see for yourself.

Stan  2008-12-05 22:31:17 ( ID:k4tnkxecrgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, but I tried the new version and it still has the same H.264 problem.

tkrave  2008-12-05 23:04:42 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that the latest version corrected the problem, I meant that on my machine with the files I tested, the duration is correct.

Stan, where did you get your H.264 file? Is it something off the web or something encoded yourself? I've tested a couple podcasts and they import fine. If I can download a file that shows up incorrect on your machine, then we can do a controlled experiment.

maonstad  2008-12-08 20:43:24 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Downloaded the new version and I still get the same problems. Trying to edit movie seizes computer. So what I did to get by is load the file with tmpgenc 3 mpeg edidtor (which works fine). Then save it (dvd file on computer) Reopen it with Tmpgenc 4, and create the menus and then write the disk. Seems like a log of toying around but at least this way works for now.

tkrave  2008-12-08 23:32:48 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maonstad, are you trying to edit HD video? If so, I recommend using the proxy file option, otherwise it will be a slow and painful process.

If it's not HD video, then please let me know what type of file you're editing (format, resolution, framerate) and I'll try to recreate your situation.

maonstad  2008-12-09 06:47:49 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Maonstad, are you trying to edit HD video? If so, I recommend using the proxy file option, otherwise it will be a slow and painful process.
>
>If it's not HD video, then please let me know what type of file you're editing (format, resolution, framerate) and I'll try to recreate your situation.

No standard DVD mpeg video. Use a DVD recorder to record movie (i.e. sci-fi, tnt, etc). Move DVD over to computer to edit movie. I tried to use the DVD first which then copies the movie over, then I edit it. 2nd attempt... I copied the movie over onto hard-drive then use tmpgenc 4.0 to add it to its directory... same thing again. The tmpgenc mpeg editor ver. 3.0 works perfectly so I'll use it that way for now.

tkrave  2008-12-10 02:49:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't have a DVD recorder so I can't test tv recordings (unless someone gives me one), but I've imported DVD-Video that I've made with no problems.
Have you tried importing DVD-Video from a different source other than your DVD recorder?

maonstad  2008-12-10 06:26:10 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok,,, I have found the problem. It was my video card which was lacking memory, speed. etc. I had an xabre 400 in the system, which came out in 98 and did work great but just didn't have the umph to handle the frames in the editing and the motion in the simulation. I have installed an Nvidea 6200 card in the computer and wolla... it works great. No more seizes and freezes. So I'll take back the problems i have had, and blame it on hardware in my computer. I believe that the minimum requirements should be set a little higher for the graphics card since that could result in problems like I had.

Still though, why did it work in the Tmpgenc 3 editor program? Don't know the answer to that one.

I hope this helps everyone!!!!
Mark

tkrave  2008-12-10 18:24:25 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's great! I never would of thought about the video card being the problem. They must be doing the same thing they did with MPEG Editor 3 where they use the graphics card to handle most of the rendering of the video in the editing window.
For MPEG Editor 3, they recommend an "ATI Radeon 9600 or higher, nVidia GeForce FX5200 or higher, on-board Intel G965 or higher."

But then that begs the question, why did your video editing go smoothly in MPEG Editor 3 but not in Authoring Works 4?

I guess Authoring Works 4 is just more intensive on the hardware?

tkrave  2008-12-10 18:35:02 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was looking at the specs for the Xabre 400 graphics card and it doesn't seem to be DirectX9 compliant. Maybe this was part of the problem. It's possible that MPEG Editor 3 was just a bit more lenient when it came to using DirectX8. Just a theory.

tkrave  2008-12-10 19:17:16 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Another theory: video overlay mode. Turning off video overlay mode in Authoring Works 4 with your Xaber400 card might have solved the problem...maybe.
It's possible that video overlay mode was off in MPEG Editor 3 which is why you were able to use it.

To check if video overlay mode is on or off, you can go the cut edit window and right-click on the main video preview. The contextual menu should have an option for video overlay; if it's checked, then it's on.

maonstad  2008-12-10 21:25:25 ( ID:h0.xe1o7yj. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I checked both 4.0 and 3.0 mpeg and the video overlay is checked 'on'. So that may not be the case...

But thanks... its something to check in about..

Mark

old-hack  2009-01-07 19:35:31 ( ID:xlaelkhtbnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I don't know the reason behind not supporting H.264, but I have the same problem with their TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. When you import a file containing H.264 encoded video it always shows the wrong duration. This is really sad, because I'm a huge fan of their TMPG encoders, but lack of support for H.264, 5.1 audio (in 4.0 Xpress) and DTS is dumbfounding me. For a Japanese company I would expect to always introduce the latest technology in their products not lagging behind. Very strange indeed.

I use both Xpress 4.0 and Works 4.0 and they import H.264 if you have installed the K-Lite Codecs package and Windows Media Encoder. Both are free. You can configure the FFDSHOW Video Decoder/Encoder component to process VC1 and H.264 with Windows Media Encoder 9. When you install the K-Lite codecs package, select the "Lots of Stuff" profile and then select all of the components to configure after installation is complete. Find the VC1 and H.264 video types and select wmv9 in the drop down box. Before I try to run an m2ts file in Xpress, I strip down the blu-ray movie to only the the video and audio tracks I want using tsmuxer - another free program. Then I can open the M2TS file in Xpress or Works.

Question - TE40 - NTSC to PAL No.58500
rendez2k  2008-11-13 21:56:57 ( ID:kct8aqti.x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone much experience with TMPGEnc products and converting NTSC xvids to PAL? Its suffers in the same way many software packages seem to where the output pauses very slightly every few seconds (noticeable on pans and movement more than anything). I assume TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress uses the system codecs and for that I'm using ffdshow. Any ideas?

Question - TDA3 - System Error 8 No.60813
Lady 76  2008-11-13 03:30:22 ( ID:bsmusdgkpih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I go to make the menu I get a error notice. It says "System

Error 8" not enough storage to process this request. Any thoughts?

tkrave  2008-11-14 23:00:23 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How much free hard drive space do you have? It may need more space on the hard drive to store temporary files or something.

Question - TE40 - Incorrect Aspect Ratio Size No.58498
Darren  2008-11-12 22:31:00 ( ID:qpy9ab1zk7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a quicktime source video that is 853x480.
When I bring this into Xpress, it says that it is 720x480.
Can someone tell me why this would be like this.
Thanks.

tkrave  2008-11-13 20:29:05 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you have the latest version of 4.0 XPress (version 4.6.2.266)? The revision history says "Fixed: Some MPEG file aspect ratios could not be properly determined."
Not really sure, but it might apply to your case if you're talking about an MPEG-4.

Question - TE40 - How to add letterbox No.58495
Darren  2008-11-12 21:35:14 ( ID:qpy9ab1zk7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have media that is 16x9 and my client needs it to be 480x360 (4x3 letterbox).
He doesn't want it to look squished, which is why I need it to have the letterbox.
Is there a way to do this in TMPGEnc Xpress? In Sorenson Squeeze, there is a checkbox for "letterbox". When I do this is works fine, but I can't find anything like this in Xpress. There must be a way to do this and I hope someone can tell me how.
Thanks.

Dave Pusey  2008-11-13 16:15:19 ( ID:c27.xcxhxgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You shouldn't need to set is manually.

As long as you have your source imported as 16:9, just set the output size to what you want and it will letterbox automatically.

I do this all the time for pillarboxing 4:3 movies into a 16:9 frame.

4:3 source - 16:9 destination = auto letterbox/pillarbox.

Darren  2008-11-13 21:32:57 ( ID:qpy9ab1zk7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This doesn't seem to work for me because of the size of my sources. They are 853x480, but the program sees them as 720x480. So the movie comes out 4x3 squeezed instead of 4x3 letterbox. Do you know a way around this?

Bug report - TE40 - WMV audo encoding bug No.58488
amoreno  2008-11-12 18:04:48 ( ID:fyvp7dwyc3h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bug Error:
I'm transcoding training DVD videos to WMV. When I select 2 pass variable bit rate audio, and then start to encode the video, TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress 4.6.2.266 automatically switches to 1 pass CBR at 16kHz mono. What gives?

I have TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress running on the same computer, and it runs ok.

I've tried several different DVD's and WMV/WMA formats and they all get switched back to 1 pass CBR (some even switch to 8kHz mono). Anyone else having this problem?

tmpgen-user  2008-11-13 09:22:11 ( ID:6uwe7tyszuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, I also experience this bug!
It seems its new in the latest version. Can you guys please fix it?

It's very annoying, because I cant encode to WMV properly :(

Dave Pusey  2008-11-13 16:17:08 ( ID:c27.xcxhxgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use 1 pass CBR 128kbps 48000 stereo and it works everytime.

tmpgen-user  2008-11-13 19:21:01 ( ID:6uwe7tyszuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats because 1-pass CBR encoding works fine, the bug is only with the 2 pass encoding :)

tmpgen-user  2008-11-16 09:07:19 ( ID:6uwe7tyszuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is someone from TMPGEng even watching this bug/thread??

elphilo  2008-11-27 18:02:41 ( ID:nlu1syvdzyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has this error been fixed or should I still encode audio in 1 pass CBR?

myself  2008-11-28 09:11:22 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think this was already fixed guys in the newest version 4.6.3.267,
check about it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.