Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 248 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 drive is stopped nomad 1 2007-07-23 23:57:30
Question TE40 How to disable Encode preview ? pstein 1 2007-07-23 23:31:22
Question TE40 Errors, but only when encoding more than one file at a time TouchStone 2 2007-07-23 23:29:55
Question TE25 AVI to MPG colour problems PhantomTa2 5 2007-07-28 00:18:34
Question TME2 TMPGEnc version 2.58.44.152 won't take avi files Ellie 5 2007-07-24 00:07:30
Question TE40 Which resize/crop values are taken ? pstein 1 2007-07-12 21:43:12
Question TE25 Encoding bus56f 1 2007-07-11 23:41:09
Question TE25 No sound after merge and cut the mpg file Old Guy 1 2007-07-11 23:36:58
Question TE40 CONVERTING MPEG2 PAL to MPEG2 NTSC audioprojects 1 2007-07-06 01:34:51
Question TE30 DVR-MS to mpg without re-encode SoupNazi 1 2007-07-06 01:38:55
Question TE40 Mpeg Joiner [Merge & Cut] richTV 1 2007-06-26 22:12:27
Question TE40 Converting an avi with 2 sound tracks... burf 4 2009-02-12 06:11:13

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 248 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - drive is stopped No.49468
nomad  2007-07-16 22:01:18 ( ID:zhear.u2lwf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to author a dvd the other day and got to the final step. When I clicked write to dvd button it told me that I hadn't configured my dvd burner. I clicked on the button and it said the that the drive was stopped. Can anyone help? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive but no game. Thanks a ton.

nTekka  2007-07-23 23:57:30 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Check for a process called "bgsvcgen.exe" in your task manager. If its not there then you will need to turn it back on. Right click My Computer > Manage > Expand services and applications > services > double click on "B's Recorder Gold General Service Library > then start the service and set it to auto start on system boot up.

This is a crucial DVD burning tool for TDA3.

Question - TE40 - How to disable Encode preview ? No.58101
pstein  2007-07-16 11:40:15 ( ID:x1ksultpg/6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I loaded a source avi which I want to re-encode.
After successfully starting the encoding a preview of the source video
is displayed in the Xpress window.

How can I turn off the displaying of the currently encoded video (part)?

Peter

nTekka  2007-07-23 23:31:22 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right click the window > Preview Frequency > No Preview.

Question - TE40 - Errors, but only when encoding more than one file at a time No.58098
TouchStone  2007-07-13 13:17:14 ( ID:jtu9gg6kbn6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I'm using TMPGenc 4.0 Xpress 4.3.0.220 to encode a lot of MiniDV camcorder clips from AVI (captured by Ulead VideoStudio 9) to DVD-compatiple MPEG.

Encoding any one file works fine. Trying to encode more than seven or eight in a project (or batch tool), though, XPress crashes. If I re-run the project it doesn't crash on the same file; sometimes sooner, sometimes later.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I've got about 500 clips to encode!

Thanks for any advice...

(I'm running XP Pro SP2 on an E6600-based PC with 2GB RAM, lots of disk space etc. - the PC can handle it, basically.)

TouchStone  2007-07-14 13:05:07 ( ID:cc7jrz4ciec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also happens with 4.3.1.222, by the way...

nTekka  2007-07-23 23:29:55 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TXP4 uses directshow for AVI(DV) files so you might want to check your external codec for any issues. Your external codec might not be able to handle multiple projects at a time so it bails out on TXP4. If I were you, i'd load up ffdshow or k-lite and have it attempt to fix any corrupt codec or use ffdshow to stream to txp4, the newest version fixed some of the compatibility issues with txp4.

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG colour problems No.43667
PhantomTa2  2007-07-12 21:59:47 ( ID:l0k3voxh1sa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got an issue....I'm trying to encode an AVI film to MPG so I can get it to DVD, the only problem is that after the encode, I tried it to make sure the audio was in synch only to find out that the encode turned out black and white (although the audio WAS in synch). This has only happened the one time and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why?

nTekka  2007-07-23 23:39:45 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Only place in TMPGEnc 2.5 I can think of to turn your video to black and white is the Custom color correction filter > Saturation set to -255. If that filter isn't on then its probably your external codec that caused this problem. This software is pretty solid to make a mistake like that, so I usually suspect codec or something on your system screwing things up.

PhantomTa2  2007-07-25 16:56:23 ( ID:l0k3voxh1sa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm...can't find a color correction option anwhere, it's also happened with another file, too, although that one played in color with vlc but not in wmp. Where would this option be? I'd like to check that

PhantomTa2  2007-07-25 16:59:43 ( ID:l0k3voxh1sa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Found it, but it wasn't checked so I don't think that could be it. They're basically just xvids, one came as two files, so I've joined them and tried to re-encode and it ends up black and white, the other was one file and that was also black and white. Originally I thought it may be because I joined the two files, but the second one was only one, so I'm stuck as to what could be causing it

nTekka  2007-07-26 02:14:53 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats a bit puzzling, you were able to view it in color with VLC but not with WMP? I would suspect problems with WMP and not the encoder or the source file. Try going into WMP > View > Enhancements > Video Settings and check your Saturation setting.

Another way to confirm if your newly encoded file is black & white is to import it back into TMPGEnc 2.5 and watch the preview. I don't think having a black and white clip joined with a color would turn the whole video into black and white so this little issue might be just from WMP.

PhantomTa2  2007-07-28 00:18:34 ( ID:l0k3voxh1sa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I stuck it on a DVD using tmpgenc dvd author and that was Black and White on my dvd player, that's how I noticed it in the first place......it's baffling me, it really is

Question - TME2 - TMPGEnc version 2.58.44.152 won't take avi files No.56083
Ellie  2007-07-12 18:21:29 ( ID:hjmpx4dcirn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello... I am trying to edit some video clips... I can without problem take mpg and cut it etc... but when I choose .avi I only get video!!! The sound WONT come up!!!! I have no idea what to do... have tried everything... am I missing codecs or something???

Plz help me!!!!

I need my program to work... plz...

nTekka  2007-07-12 21:46:35 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may be right, probably a missing codec, either AC3, AAC or MP3. Likely MP3 because your using AVI container. Use GSpot on your source video to find out what audio it uses then download the appropriate codec online somewhere.

Let me know if i'm way off or if you run into some other problems.

Ellie  2007-07-13 17:23:01 ( ID:hjmpx4dcirn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used Gspot already and it say that I aint missing any codecs... I have no idea what is wrong... Gspot said everything is working and all codecs are in place... but I am gonna try clean regedit once and then install TMPGEnc again and if that doesnt work I will upgrade codecs anyway...

Could this problem have anything to do with the fact that I dont have Windows Media installed? I only have window media classic installed because I use other programs to watch video clips..

Ellie  2007-07-13 17:37:31 ( ID:hjmpx4dcirn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ooooooooooook I decided to try with "lots of stuff" option instead of custom option on codec install and now avi is showing up... damm it was codec all along... problem solved...

Ellie  2007-07-13 17:45:33 ( ID:hjmpx4dcirn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

oooooooooooooooooooooooooook me yet again... program is now showing audio link also under video link BUT when I try to edit the clip only video ends up... still NO sound... what the heck is the problem????

before audio wasnt showing but now it is.... still need help guys...

nTekka  2007-07-24 00:07:30 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ooooooooooooooook but this time it would help if you can tell me what audio codec your avi file uses. Probably best if you simply download a codec pack with all the codecs you ever want to use, but be warned this could cause problems later on if your unorganized. It will probably work for the meantime tho, go to www.freecodec.com and download K-Lite 3.25 Full, then load up TMPGEnc 2.5 and import your files again. Also make sure that you have DirectShow file reader enabled in the Options > Environmental settings > VFAPI Plug-in and uncheck AVI file reader so FFDShow can kick in to decode your file.

Let me know if this works.

Question - TE40 - Which resize/crop values are taken ? No.58096
pstein  2007-07-12 12:15:57 ( ID:x1ksultpg/6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to re-encode an avi video with TMPGEnc Xpress.
After loading the avi I have a couple of possibilities to set the target size:

In "Source"
in "Format"
In "Format"->DivX codec Settings"

Which one is taken ?

Similar question with "crop" values: I can set cropping values in "Source"
and in "DivX-Settings" Which are taken for the encoding process ?

It seems to me that the values in DivX-Settings are NOT considered ?

Further question: Is the video cropped at first and then resized or vice versa ?

nTekka  2007-07-12 21:43:12 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm assuming "Source" = "Filters" with Picture resize and Picture crop. Another thing to clear up, which output template are you refering to with "DivX-Settings". There is only two available templates, DivX file output and AVI file output which you can select the external DivX codec.

Now that the confusion/terminology is cleared up, i'll start with the Filters.
Picture resize will modify the source pixel video resolution, same with cropping.
When you select Format output, the resolution here would be your "viewing" resolution. Here's an example, 720x480 pixel video is the source, lets say i resize it to 352x240 with the picture resize filter. Then during the format I use the size 720x480 then this will be my new viewing resolution and the source video (352x240) will be in the center of the 720x480 viewing resolution. Another aspect to all this is the aspect ratio, which doesn't modify the resolution, but simply stretches the pixel to fill up 16:9 or 4:3 ratio.

I hope that answers your question, I recommend not touching the resize filter and simply change the viewing resolution in Format tab, it will automatically resize the source video to fit within this viewing resolution.

Question - TE25 - Encoding No.43665
bus56f  2007-07-10 21:38:13 ( ID:j8gthqkbcin )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc took about three hours to encode a full movie, now all of a sudden it takes 7 to 8 hours just for one movie. Can any one help me?

nTekka  2007-07-11 23:41:09 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It all depends on your source file and system. TMPGEnc 2.5 is the same for all computers, so if theres any problems its very likely to be either your source video or your system.

With that said, the increased speed is probably a codec corruption that's taking your system resource and or having difficulties reading your source file. Best way to fix it is to find out more details on your source file and double check your system for any particular codec conflict or corruption. Another piece of advice, don't ever install FFDShow filter or codec packs unless you are an experience user, it will only cause more trouble.

Question - TE25 - No sound after merge and cut the mpg file No.43663
Old Guy  2007-07-10 13:27:57 ( ID:ymva1ultffc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I combine audio and video by Mpeg tool and the result file MPG have sound. But when I use the merge and edit function to cut a part from the MPG file. The result is no sound but the file before edit is normal. I cannot find what I did it is wrong. Please help. Thank you very much.

nTekka  2007-07-11 23:36:58 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you give me some details on your source file? codec for both video and audio. Are you able to see the audio input if you manually import the video? I'm guessing you might be missing a codec, likely MP3 codec if its AVI file, AC3 if you have MPEG.
I recommend downloading GSpot to check your source file to find the codec and download the appropriate one.

Question - TE40 - CONVERTING MPEG2 PAL to MPEG2 NTSC No.58094
audioprojects  2007-07-04 12:12:54 ( ID:lltxir4nf/g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a mpeg2 PAL to a mpeg2 NTSC and the problem that I have right now is that the audios from the PAL version don´t fit with the NTSC video...normally, when you convert a movie the audio is going to work with any of these two formats...but in this case the audio is getting desincronice during the movie...and at the end the result is 3 or 4 seconds delay.
Also, the PAL version movie is : 02:05:55:19 and the result to make it on NTSC is:02:05:48:06...?????The normal result could be more long than the PAL version....
If some body knows something about it...let me know

Ciao!!

Edu

nTekka  2007-07-06 01:34:51 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TXP4 usually does a good job with converting PAL <> NTSC, most cases it depends on your source file. Give us some details to your source file, like bitrate, codec for video and audio, VBR/CBR?, etc.

I'm assuming your source is AVI, I think i've said this before but AVI is open source so it doesn't have much of a standard so there is more problem with this format. However, it is also easy to fix. Just download the correct codec then go into TXP4 Options > Preferences > File input > uncheck both the DivX and Avi file reader.

That will put DirectShow file reader as the primary and it will use your PC's external codec to decode. This has worked for me so give it a try, if not then you could always demultiplex your audio and convert it to WAVE.

Question - TE30 - DVR-MS to mpg without re-encode No.53547
SoupNazi  Home )  2007-07-04 02:00:00 ( ID:zj3shyrloen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

How can I use TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress to convert dvr-ms to mpg WITHOUT re-encoding?

nTekka  2007-07-06 01:38:55 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the Source Wizard and make sure you check the "Convert to MPEG-2" checkbox, let it finish converting then go to "C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\My Documents\TMPGEnc\TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress\DVRMS Convert\" or where ever you told it to save the MPEG2 file to.

The converted MPEG2 file should be in there. Next time post in the correct forum, this is for TXP3.

Question - TE40 - Mpeg Joiner [Merge & Cut] No.58092
richTV  2007-06-26 00:02:47 ( ID:1cdehql10ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've always wondered why TMPGEnc3.0 and now 4.0 XPress [i'm using 4.2.3.193] never had a mpg joiner built into them under the MPeg Tools part of it. All it has are the Multiplexer and DeMultiplexer tabs but in the freeware version, the MPeg Tools has the Merge & Cut tab.

if i have a bunch of mpg's i want to join back together then i end up using the freeware version of TMPGEnc.

since it would make sense to put that function into XPress as well.

tnx for reading.

nTekka  2007-06-26 22:12:27 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It would make sense to have this option, but its not necessarily the correct way. MPEG joining or any type of video joining will cause problems down the line and isn't very accurate. On the surface level it might sound easy if you have 2 MPEGs with similar setting so naturally you would think its ok to join them, but what if the GOP are slightly off, what if the audio and video are variable bitrate? how would the program know how to correct these differences to create a smooth video. Ultimately, you may end up with audio/video desync or degrade in quality. Professionally, you do not want to ever merge two separate clips, you would want to re-encode them to have a consistant video.

So to put it simply, I can understand why TMPG would remove a feature that could cause problems because they want to maintain high standard like the Pro's for a commercial software. Freeware = anything goes.

Question - TE40 - Converting an avi with 2 sound tracks... No.58087
burf  2007-06-25 03:52:27 ( ID:w3v4cyiyn7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm pretty new to TMPGEnc Xpress.
I have an avi I want to convert to DVD.
The avi has 2 audio tracks, track 1 is ac3 in English, and track 2 is mp3 in French.
When I've tried to convert it, I'm not seeing any way to lose track 2.
And when I've tested how I have it configured, the output has no audible audio, although Gspot, and other utilities say it has an audio track.

Can someone give me a clue, how to do this?

Thanks for any help!

nTekka  2007-06-26 22:01:19 ( ID:449jj5ymc1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TXP4 will only import the first Audio for any AVI video.
Best way to get the 2nd audio is to demultiplex all audio from your AVI file then manually add it in the clip property when you import your video.
Use VirtualDub to demultiplex or extract your audio to WAVE. Theres really no other way to have TXP4 show two audio for AVI.

burf  2007-08-04 02:59:54 ( ID:frseotjz5kj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the tip, nTekka!
Very much appreciated!

Maverick  2008-02-19 15:50:30 ( ID:lrundcj3dfn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I tried your solution.
Problem is, I cant even add a second audio source in the clip properties (using TMPEGEnc 4.0 Xpress), only replace the one included in the video source.

How can I add a second audio tab?

Regards,
Chris

mlueken  2009-02-12 06:11:13 ( ID:vedkgb3zypa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have not been able to find this either, i don't get how some of the more basic features get left out of this product, like 5.1 audio, and multiple audio tracks, as these are features supported by the formats tmpgenc outputs to, so while it works for 90% of the files i work with, i have to get and learn a whole different program for the other 10%

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.