Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 310 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 no sound after output using 1.6 eagleeye 1 2004-11-06 06:38:39
Question TE25 AVI movies darker after conversion to MPEG 1 chris_654 1 2004-10-30 13:08:32
Bug report TDA1 SVCD on DVD medium, filenames as menu chapter names Tom 1 2004-10-29 11:16:26
Question TE25 HELP: Error "Not an MPEG file" when it is bobsmith 1 2004-10-30 13:00:22
Question TDA1 Bitrate too high for TMPG Enc 1.6 Peter 0 2004-10-28 12:41:34
Question TE25 file unsupported error with a twist ken 1 2004-11-09 23:47:39
Question TDA1 Custom Thumbnails Mr. Quackers 3 2005-03-08 00:44:28
Question TE25 Stream write error, please help Sjl 1 2004-10-27 05:06:21
Free talk TE25 XviD VFW for Vdub Sakuya 1 2004-10-30 12:59:12
Bug report TE30 Batch Tool causes corrupt files? Wile_E 12 2005-03-24 03:51:58
Question TE25 Another MacroBlock and Bitrate question Gol 0 2004-10-25 13:05:14
Question TE30 MP3 encoding for AVI limited to 56kb? nicken 1 2005-01-13 18:30:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 310 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - no sound after output using 1.6 No.49270
eagleeye  2004-10-30 09:40:17 ( ID:mcbofzuurff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using a *.m2v file as the video source and a *.wav file as the audio source , but when I finish output to a DVD, I found that AUDIO_TS folder is empty, aslo, as for sure, I couldn't hear any sound after I burn to disc.
can anyone tell me why? thanks!

caesarkent  2004-11-06 06:38:39 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The AUDIO_TS folder is always empty---it's supposed to be. It may be used for DVD-Audio discs, but on a normal video DVD, the folder is empty.

Was your .WAV file a proper 16-bit, 48Khz PCM Audio file?

Question - TE25 - AVI movies darker after conversion to MPEG 1 No.42464
chris_654  2004-10-30 02:58:52 ( ID:hvkxt.ccxhj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've got some uncompressed avi files (no audio) that i'm converting to MPEG-1s. At the default settings, Video-NTSC 352x240 at 29.97 fps, they become a bit dark and blocky after being converted. Its not significant on brighter clips, but the clips I have that are somewhat dark to begin with get much worse.

Are there settings I should change to fix this, or am I gonna have to live with it?

Thanks for any help in advance...

ashy  2004-10-30 13:08:32 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure 'Output YUV data as basic YCbCr not CCIR601' is NOT checked under the 'Quantize Matrix' tab.

Try installing FFDSHOW and put a check in 'Raw video' as the decoder for your file.
If that doesn't work then simply use the colour correction settings to alter the balance of the output under the 'Advanced' tab.

Bug report - TDA1 - SVCD on DVD medium, filenames as menu chapter names No.49268
Tom  2004-10-29 11:02:09 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that "DVD Lab" is the only tool with which SVCD-DVDs are creatable. What I want to do: making a SVCD on a DVD medium with a easy automatically created DVD menu.

FIRST: I miss an option in "Pegasys DVD Author" for creating a SVCD-DVD to put several SVCD-standard video-steams (480x...) on a DVDR. This can save very much space on the discs and as well reduce the number of needed DVDR/SVCD discs in the DVD-shelf.

SECOND: It would be nice, if the menu creating step would give the possibility to use the file-name of a video-clip as chapter-name. This is not possible.

The aim was: Creating a music video-clip-collection in SVCD-resolution on DVDR. Much work, if you have to correct 100 video-clip-chapter-names!!!

I hope, the programmer can make things true in the next version of the program. "DVD Lab" as alternative is very hard to handle (making connections between all the videos, rename all the so called movies, manually menu creation...). I like the easy and fast handling of "Pegasys DVD Author" much and hope, the need of the two new features will be heared.

Tom  2004-10-29 11:16:26 ( ID:k6hgy9s1hlj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...forgotten...

As well: "DVD Source Creator" should give an option to "leave file-names as they are originally" in the output-step after "create for every video a seperatly file":

[X] Do NOT rename output file names, use the originally file-names.

Question - TE25 - HELP: Error "Not an MPEG file" when it is No.42462
bobsmith  2004-10-28 21:02:24 ( ID:jgbiunat0w6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help a relative newbie to video files.
I've used TMPGEnc to successfully combine short MPEG files into one.
I have a set of MPEG files, which all play fine in Quicktime, that I try to combine. TMPGEnc tells me that one of them "is not an MPEG file". I didn't create them, but I believe they were all created the same way, and again, they all play fine and look similar in Quicktime.
Can someone tell me what I can check for and how in order to figure this out? And if there's a way to do it with freeware?

Thanks!

ashy  2004-10-30 13:00:22 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure these are not MPEG4 files?
Download AVICODEC and check the files.

Question - TDA1 - Bitrate too high for TMPG Enc 1.6 No.49267
Peter  2004-10-28 12:41:34 ( ID:sjqf2atowc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can I change the combined DVD sound and vision) bitrate so that it will work on a DVD?

Here's what I have....
1 set of .ifo, .VRO and .BUP files from a set-top Sony DVDR.

I have downloaded a trial of TMPG Enc. and want to convert this to DVD-R.
When I try to complete the TMPG steps then at the final stage I get a warning saying that the combined bitrate is too high.
How can I reduce this and keep decent sound & picture quality?

Peter

Question - TE25 - file unsupported error with a twist No.42460
ken  2004-10-28 04:20:45 ( ID:sejpleqwwxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The other day I tried to use Tmpgenc 2.5 to edit a mpg-2 file I had captured. When I tried to open it I got the file unsupported or can not open or is not supported error. However, if I start powerVCR or PowerDVD I can open the file (or any mpeg-2 file for that mater) and edit it. I didn't have to do this in the past so I assume some setting has been altered but I have no idea which one. It seems like Tmpgenc will only use the cyberlink Mpeg-2 codec if another program is also using it.

any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Ken

mickC  2004-11-09 23:47:39 ( ID:xfsxos4uu8f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not being an expert myself, but have use tmpgenc 2.5 for a while, and I believe that MPeg files are not supported. It can only creat mpeg files (1+2). I'm sure one of the experts like Ashy or minion will guide to towards a program that will. I would re-post what exactly you want to do with your mpeg files first.
Hope this helps.
mickC.

Question - TDA1 - Custom Thumbnails No.49263
Mr. Quackers  2004-10-27 02:39:06 ( ID:1y.vfuq6klg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heya, Ive got TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 and when creating dvd menus, the only way that i seem to be able to get a picture for the menus (of the paticular title) is what the start frame is. As in if it starts with black, the thumbnail is black etc. Can anyone please tell me how to add my own pictures for thumbnails for menus?

B_Racer  2004-10-27 09:34:12 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just click on the Picture and use the Slider to choose an other Pic...

Ken Maltby  2004-10-30 22:11:20 ( ID:qkbyrxg9mt2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've come across several "tricks" to make just about any menu
you can dream up, in TDA.

First off you will need a graphics editor that can make ".psd" files,
Photoshop, or the free GIMP 2. (for the first two ideas)

The latest is the "kk_oop Thumbnail Speck" trick
("kk_oop" provided it on the "rec.video.desktop" Newsgroup)

When you make your own Thumbnail Frames, you create a .psd
file with three layers. The bottom layer gets labeled "Frame" and
normally is shaped as a frame. On top of that is a solid black
layer that normally fills in the an area "inside" the frame, this is
labeled "Thumbnail". Lastly, a copy of the thumbnail layer is on
top, it's visibility is set "off" and it's labeled "Highlight".

"kk_oop" came up with this trick so that he could have fancy "layer"
effects on his text menu buttons. TDA's text lets you use most fonts
but only with solid colors, no gradients or such. He posted:

" I made my frame layer the fancy text. I made the thumbnail layer
have a very tiny rectangle. Note that if I made the rectangle too small,
TDA would not let me import it. So I just had to make it the size of a
spec. I made my highlight layer have a rectangle cover the frame
layer, and made the highlight layer invisible, as normal.

This worked great. Since the Thumbnail rectangle is so small, you
really can't see it on the TV (though it is big enough that TDA will
accept it). And the" Frame "can be any graphic you want. The trick
is that you set the highlight size for the frame instead of the "spec"
thumbnail. Like I mentioned, if TDA chokes when you pull it in, it
probably means you made your spec too small."

I've used the "kk_oop Thumbnail Spec" trick to finally make the
TiVo episode description into a "track"/title selection button. I
leave the "Thumbnail" layer transparent and set it at 10x3 pixels.

"Roll-over Text" trick:

Another thing you can do when making your own "Thumbnail
Frame" based graphic "Button" is to use a fancy font text layer
as your "Highlight" labeled layer. You can now adjust the color
and transparency of the highlight effect, so set it to opaque and
when you mouse-over your "frame" the text will appear.

With the above approaches you can make objects that you can
manipulate within TDA.

My older method won't allow as much manipulation within TDA
but is very versatile otherwise;

I have a trick that I use, that allows me to define any
square or rectangular area, of the background, as the button.
Basically I use blank text characters and a dot, asterisk or
something from the "Wingdings" font for the mouse over highlight.
You incorporate whatever you want to be your "Button" into the
background image. Then, in TDA, you position the blank text area
over your "button" area. The text "button" area's width and height
can be adjusted within TDA.

I've made some with a still background using Gimp-2,
but anything that can make any of the formats the
background selection dialog allows will work. Motion
menus could also be produced -externally from
TDA- and brought in as background clips. As long as
the button area(s) remain in the same spot/area it should
work. (actually, as long as the item you select on's
movements keep it in an area on the screen that doesn't
overlap the area of another selection item, you will be ok.)

Hope this can be of some use.

Luck;
Ken

JG  2005-03-08 00:44:28 ( ID:9amsbf9mara )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for this - could be very helpful. However, I'm having a problem designating the SIZE of my buttons. I made them 120x60 in Photoshop, but they're being displayed as squards, all distorted.

I want to be able to use text as buttons, and have yet to figure that out...

Also trying to figure out how to just type text on the menu screens... or remove buttons I don't want, etc. I wish this great program would give us more power over layout and displayed options...

JG

Question - TE25 - Stream write error, please help No.42458
Sjl  2004-10-26 20:51:33 ( ID:pjkt7b2qoc6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yup, now when i try to convert some movies, it says stream write error, when it has done about 35% from analzynig. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Please answer this question.

Sjl  2004-10-27 05:06:21 ( ID:pjkt7b2qoc6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have about 11,5 Gb of free sapce in the drive where i try to put the movie.

Free talk - TE25 - XviD VFW for Vdub No.42456
Sakuya  2004-10-26 06:07:04 ( ID:ism9lmcfc9j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Last time when I had a codec problem, I think it was Ashy that recommended I use an ffdshow with VFW. Well recently, I upgraded to the newest version of that ffdshow version October 12, 2004. All my XviD files play in Media Player Classic but when I try to open them up in VdubMOD, it says the decompressor for XviD can't be found and that VFW is needed to view XviD in Vdub. I went in ffdshow and disabled XviD there. Then I went in the VFW configuration menu and enabled XviD. But still, it won't work in Vdub. Why is this?

ashy  2004-10-30 12:59:12 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just enable everthing in FFDSHOW VFW from XVID to MP41.
No need to disable anything in FFDSHOW first.

Bug report - TE30 - Batch Tool causes corrupt files? No.53341
Wile_E  2004-10-25 21:59:34 ( ID:3jityvgcqdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I am having problems with TMPGENC 3.0 XPRESS batch tool. The batch tool is causing corrupt files. I place my AVI DV Type-1 files into TMPGENC 3.0, and convert using batch tool. I start batch conversion.

The first 2-3 files usually convert okay. But the other files have problems. They get corrupt or do not encode all the way. Some have only audio, no video. Some only convert half of the file. If I convert one file at a time, they convert okay.

Why are these files getting corrupt?

I thought it may be because I have 160GB drive and hit the 137GB drive barrier. But my BIOS and WinXP SP2 supports big drives above 137GB. I checked and the SP2 patch for big drive support is installed for my drives.

Joe Hecht  2004-10-26 17:55:01 ( ID:yclzyhyhjqc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

While the batch tool is very cool, I have verified there are some problems (especially with the latest version).

I wrote support, explaining that with the new version, some projects encode just fine from the application, but fail to encode from the batch tool.

My test case was verified on two computers. The test project ran successfully before update, and failed after the update. It also failed after updated if I rebuilt the project from scratch. I sent the complete steps to reproduce the problem.

Can you believe that support replied that my codec that was at fault?

Wrong!

Joe

hoep  2004-10-29 18:31:40 ( ID:9q2dita0prr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

same problem here. it's definitely NOT the codec, i have to start different encodings up to 10x before they get coded correctly. Definitly had not this problem with the version 3.0. THIS IS A BUG AND HAS TO BE CORRECTED, otherwise this software is simply useless.
I am also not able to go back to the elder version, because i cannot retrieve a license with my (purchased) code anymore.
This is really extremly annoying.

goober  2004-11-01 07:11:42 ( ID:ynblyqcnw76 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same problem here, any response from support ????

Joe Hecht  2004-11-02 09:40:40 ( ID:yclzyhyhjqc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answers from Support???

What support? Are you kidding?

In my experience, the "support" is rather poor, and they have no real interest in hearing bug reports.

Interestly, I knew the guy that wrote TMGEnc from back when I worked at the company that produces the compiler tools he uses to make TMGEnc (Borland Delphi). As senior support engineer, I can tell you for a fact that I have sent very well documented bug reports to these guys (complete with steps and always verified on multiple computers), and they always reply with the lamest answers I can imagine.

Well, I take that back. Pinnacle is worse. When I enquired to Pinnacle as to why (after upgrading to Suudio 9Plus), I could no longer hear the audio during a capture (although the capture was perfect), they insisted my VCR was not plugged in! I tried to point out that if the capture was perfect, that the VCR had to be plugged in correctly!!! They would not listen :(

FWIW, I have two computers with the upgraded TMpgEnc that have this same problem with the batch encoder. I also have uncovered yet another bug in the new version (dealing with inaccurate filesizes for ES streams). I'm not going to waste my time reporting it. After seeing that the MPEG tools have been stripped out and remarketed as a rather poor MPEG editor for $48, I feel like all these guys want is my money.

I am reverting back to the older version. FWIW, you have to uninstall and reinstall to go back.

I have learned my lesson regarding upgrades to TMpgEnc: If the last verison works ok, dont upgrade.

Joe

Kevin  2004-11-14 16:41:56 ( ID:cj0szou2x5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Hello. I am having problems with TMPGENC 3.0 XPRESS batch tool. The batch tool is causing corrupt files. I place my AVI DV Type-1 files into TMPGENC 3.0, and convert using batch tool. I start batch conversion.
>
>The first 2-3 files usually convert okay. But the other files have problems. They get corrupt or do not encode all the way. Some have only audio, no video. Some only convert half of the file. If I convert one file at a time, they convert okay.
>
>Why are these files getting corrupt?
>
>I thought it may be because I have 160GB drive and hit the 137GB drive barrier. But my BIOS and WinXP SP2 supports big drives above 137GB. I checked and the SP2 patch for big drive support is installed for my drives.

Wile_E  2004-11-23 21:03:25 ( ID:3jityvgcqdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, so no answer yet from Support? Where is Support for TMPGEnc products? When I make a request for future enhancement, I would expect to see response from Pegasys team, saying they will look at request.

But Pegasys seems to have no support for customers. They are very quiet.

flick_tm  2004-11-29 14:44:51 ( ID:g9d2hn/x43w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just want to add my name to a list of users having the same problem with the batch tool. While I am otherwise satisfied with this version, the batch tool problem is about to drive me crazy.

My symptoms are the same as every one else. When files are converted on at a time, I have no problem. During a batch process, however, something like 1 of every 3 files results in an output file with no video. The output format seems to make no difference here--I am converting to both DV AVI and MPEG2 files.

I suspect there's a problem with the input file reader not flushing itself properly when it moves from one file to the next.

Support  2004-12-06 07:18:16 ( ID:lw6iwt3ogto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem is the same for all TMPGEnc Encoders:

"DV type 2" is supported, but not "DV type 1". You might be able to encode "DV type 1" source files (via DirectShow). However the encoding is not stable, it often fails, especially when using "2pass" or "batch encode tool".

So it is recommended to first output to "DV type 2" when possible. Otherwise, convert "DV type 1" to "DV type 2" using a DV converter (Some companies distribute very good free DV converter). This conversion is generally a quick process. And then encode "DV type 2" to MPEG format.

Joe C Hecht  2004-12-06 17:44:21 ( ID:yclzyhyhjqc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear Support,

Same as always, you simply do not listen to your customers.

I have reverted to the 3.0.24 release, and all is once again perfect.

This sure blows your reply out of the water, and again, shows how lame your support really is.

Joe

Support  2004-12-08 04:08:15 ( ID:lw6iwt3ogto )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is very good that your encoding actually worked.

1)But again, concerning "DV type 1". None of our encoders includes
engine that can decode and encode it. The encoding is proceeded via MS Directshow. And it also depends on the PC environment. The bottom line is
that "DV type 1" is not supported, and even if it might work, its encoding
is unstable. So we recommend to use DV converters first and change "type 1" to "type 2". The process is quite short compared to average encodings.
Ulead, Canopus sites,for instance, offer free DV converters.

2)This BBS if for TMPGEnc Users, and there is basically no support via
this BBS.
Thank you for your comprehension.

antro  2005-02-13 00:14:11 ( ID:2emzxjvutoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone managed to get the batchtool to work reliably? I queued up about 12 batch jobs and 50% generated garbage output, it looks like the job quits about half way through the encoder and leaves a video output file that is all black, and about 150k in size.

All the jobs would submitted form a tmpgenc express 3.1.70 project files that would just find if I encode them using express, it's just the batchtool that has the problem. If fact, resubmitting the failed ones to batchtool again some will work and some won't.

I contacted Pegasys support and got the old "it's something I'm doing wrong." answer. It was like they never even read what I wrote and sent back a canned response about what I'm doing wrong. Well if they read my email they would have seen that I had already tried everything they suggested.

I could see if the same job keep failing, then it could be the way I setup the encoding. But it seems like you have a 50/50 shot at the batchtool successfully encoding your job. Not very good odds if you ask me.

antro  2005-03-24 03:51:58 ( ID:2emzxjvutoa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I installed the Xpress 3.1.5.82 update today and it does indeed appear
that the batchtool is working correctly now. So far every job in the queue, about 10, have worked correctly, unlike the batchtool shipped with 3.1.3.70.

John

Question - TE25 - Another MacroBlock and Bitrate question No.42455
Gol  2004-10-25 13:05:14 ( ID:buq4.tmrgmw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i am quite new to TMPGEnc and other VirtualDub etc.. software so i think my question will seem quite silly to you, but after searching and searching again i didnt see anything about this. Here is the problem:
I've made a little animation with Flash and want to put on VCD. I've encoded it qith TMPGEnc in MPEG1 PAL standard. Viewing the compressed file on PC shows that compression is good. Viewing (with powerdvd) the VCD on PC too (VCD is made with VCDEasy). But viewing the VCD on stand alone DVD/VCD player shows 2 things: first: sometimes the motion is stopped few seconds (but music go ahead), and second: there are sometimes some macroblocks.

After searching in this forum, i've seen that the solution should be increase bitrate (my current bitrate is 1150 kB/s, PAL standard). OK, but is this compatible with lot of DVD players? because the main goal of this VCD is to be given to lot of people so it is very important that the VCD is as compatible as possible.
The observed problems comes when animation is very slow (for example picture disappearing with transparency effects). If bitrate is not a good solution, may be there is another.

Thanks a lot for help,
Gol

Question - TE30 - MP3 encoding for AVI limited to 56kb? No.53339
nicken  2004-10-25 09:53:48 ( ID:2m0hdj6jlv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi! I had TMPG 3 on my computer before, then it XP died and i had to reinstall everything again, stupid windows.

Now when i try to encode to XVID or DIVx, or anything for that matter, i am unable to use MP3 compression because it wont let me choose anything but 56 kb (i could choose lower but 56 is bad enough)

But before windows XP crashed i was able to encode full rate MP3 into Avis, and now i cant can anyone tell me why, because im really confused :(

Hades  2005-01-13 18:30:56 ( ID:u6c1ctca3km )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install the lame codec
goto rarewares.org and get the codec (.inf)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.