Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 320 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE30 TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress Problem (VFAPI Frame Server) Woo 3 2004-11-29 03:23:01
Question TE25 rotate a movie das 1 2004-09-03 23:18:12
Question TE25 Template Settings: Slideshow JPG to MPG? Jake 3 2004-09-03 03:20:51
Question TE30 Command line support ? popov 1 2004-09-14 03:46:40
Question TE30 altering size of mpeg encode to fit on1cd numbnut 0 2004-09-01 21:10:03
Free talk TE25 TmpgEnc Crash or Batch encode problem Speedy 0 2004-09-01 20:33:48
Request TDA1 Menus Ron 0 2004-09-01 14:56:49
Question TE25 Mr Mike 0 2004-09-01 14:00:16
Question TE25 MP3 Problem Sakuya 0 2004-09-01 08:04:13
Question TE25 Mr Zeppelinzx 1 2004-08-31 10:59:14
Question TE25 Program closes with no message after 1st pass in "very slow" precision Mariusz 0 2004-08-31 09:42:56
Question TE25 Newb guide? Need help Levi 0 2004-08-30 20:08:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 320 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE30 - TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress Problem (VFAPI Frame Server) No.53296
Woo  2004-09-03 16:55:18 ( ID:jzuja6e.ckg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can some one help me with this problem when i used TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress

1) I go to "Add Source Wizard",
2) I choose "Add Source from a File"
3) I choose an AVI file
4) It give me the details on it (Format type, etc)
5) I go to the Cut-Edit Tab at top
6) I drag the slider along and I get the following error

{An error occured during a transmission with the VFAPI Frame Server.}.then i press ok

When i use TMPGEnc 2.5 it does't have this problem

What causes this, and can it be fixed? is it a problem with AVI, or a
Codec, etc

Hope some can help me .....
Thanks

cockbongo  2004-09-03 19:32:45 ( ID:d/jh.uiiph. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its usually the audio causing the problem. Uncompress the audio part of the .avi using something like VirtualDub, but leave the video as it is (is VD you resave the .avi with "Direct Stream Copy" in video and "Full Processing Mode" in the audio).

Try and enter the newly saved .avi in Xpress 3 and it shouldn't have a problem.

Now if someone can tell me why VobSub wont attach subtitles to DivX files in TMPGEnc 3 i'll be very happy.

C

Gerard Visser  2004-11-06 15:15:55 ( ID:w4xs85r65k6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Interesting question. Am struggling with this problem also. Tried with -ffd? or something of that matter. If you give your .srt or .sub subtitlefile the same name as your .mpg you can see the subtitles in WinMedPlayer and in DivX player, as you may know, but you don´t see them in Tmpgenc xp 3. I tried it with Avisynth scripts using `DirectShowSource` but crashed. I´m now starting off to try a DVD2avi project way and then with `AviSource` in the Avisynth script. Who knows ?

pilotf107  2004-11-29 03:23:01 ( ID:o6iqopmiima )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Its usually the audio causing the problem. Uncompress the audio part of the .avi using something like VirtualDub, but leave the video as it is (is VD you resave the .avi with "Direct Stream Copy" in video and "Full Processing Mode" in the audio).
>
>Try and enter the newly saved .avi in Xpress 3 and it shouldn't have a problem.
>
>Now if someone can tell me why VobSub wont attach subtitles to DivX files in TMPGEnc 3 i'll be very happy.
>
>C

Question - TE25 - rotate a movie No.42246
das  2004-09-03 16:17:32 ( ID:jczsp.rqjow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

does anyone know a way of rotating a movie 90 degrees whilst encoding to vcd/mpeg1 using tmpgenc free, at the momemnt I have to preprocess the files which have been taken in portrait mode with other software before encoding, it would be much more convenient do it all in one step.

ashy  2004-09-03 23:18:12 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVIsynth or Virtualdub can do it. Then just frame serve to TMPG.

Question - TE25 - Template Settings: Slideshow JPG to MPG? No.42242
Jake  2004-09-02 20:22:46 ( ID:c/vuerl5g4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am encoding multiple JPG images into an MPG file. I was wondering if some of the gurus could advise me on the settings I have listed below. I plan on making a template and a little FAQ on how to make DVD compliant slide shows with TMPGENC. I know there are other tools out there for this task but I like the one step encoding here. Plus a template will make it painless. I will be muxing a separate audio track later using the MPEG Tools menu.

For my template each picture will be display for 5 seconds and the following settings.

Source JPG: 1536x1024 (landscape Aspect Ratio: 1.5)
Desired Picture Interval: 5 seconds
Media and Player: DVD and stand alone DVD player (NTSC)
Intended Display: 4:3 TV NTSC

Video Settings
Stream Type: MPEG 2 Video
Size: 720 x 480
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Display
Frame Rate: 0.1998 fps (internally 29.97 fps)
Rate Control Mode: CQ65, 2000-4000
Bitrate: N/A
VBV Buffer Size: automatic
Profile & Level: MP@ML
Video Format: NTSC
Encode Mode: Interlaced
YUV Format: 4:2:0
DC Component: 10 bits
Motion Search Precision: lowest

Advanced Settings
Video Source Type: Progressive
Field Order: N/A
Source aspect ratio: 1:1 VGA
Video Arrangement Method: Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)
Source Range: N/A
24fps Conversion: N/A
Ghost Reduction: N/A
Noise Reduction: N/A
Sharpen Edges: N/A
Simple Color Correction: N/A
Custom Color Correction: N/A
Deinterlace: N/A
Clip Frame: N/A
3:2 Pull down: N/A
Do not convert frame rate: N/A

GOP Structure Settings
Number of I picture(s) in GOP: 1
Number of P picture(s) in GOP: 5
Number of B picture(s) in GOP: 2
Output interval of sequence header: 0
Max number of frames in GOP:
Output bitstream for edit (Closed GOP): Yes
Detect scene change: Yes
Force Picture Type Setting:
I Picture Only:
I, P Picture Only:
Standard:

Quantize Matrix Settings
Output YUV data as basic YCbCr, not CCIR601 : No
Use floating point DCT: No
No motion search for still picture part by half pixel: Yes
Soften block noise: No

Audio
N/A

System
Stream Type: MPEG-2 Program

As you can see I have left out some settings out as I am relying on the system defaults in those cases. If you would like to suggest an optimum value let me know.

Jake

ashy  2004-09-03 00:02:39 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm at a loss as to why you would want to go to so much trouble to create a slide show on a DVD with TMPG when there are far more simpler and in reality better methods using other software.
You can fit thousands of JPEGS on a CDR, never mind a DVDR, with great quality and at high resolution.

The most simplest method being to simply create a photo CD with NERO.
Just load the JPEG's into Nero, create the menu and burn. However for more effects more sophisticated software is required, but not hard to find.

In any case what you are attempting is not possible with just TMPG alone.
TMPG will simply create the MPEG from the JPEG's for you with each JPEG taking just one MPEG frame, but it can't add any effects such as intervals.

You would then need to import the MPEG into another program to create the slideshow itself and the transitions otherwise your JPEGs will simply play as one whole movie and flash across the screen in an instant.

Maybe I have read you idea all wrong, but I can't really see how your gonna make it work with just TMPG.

ashy  2004-09-03 00:36:53 ( ID:zawftnejbkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I see how you will create the delay between each frame using the frame rate.
Even though it does seem a rather simplistic approach to creating a slide show it likely will work.

You could even create a menu by adding chapters to the MPEG where the I-frames are created for each JPEG.
This would then at least give the user some control over the slide show apart from using the Pause and Frame advance buttons.

The only thing that I can really see from settings that I would change is the encode mode.
I would leave the output as progressive. There's not much point in encoding a progressive source to interlaced.
A DVD player will handle either, but a progressive source is preferable for still images and it compresses better.

Jake  2004-09-03 03:20:51 ( ID:tiwc8zb8zrr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy. A few points. I don't need any transitions. For my particular project I am adding the stills to an existing DVD project so it has to fit into the DVD spec. I am still tinkering with the idea so I may give it up and use Nero as you suggested or SSMM seems promising.

Jake

Question - TE30 - Command line support ? No.53294
popov  2004-09-02 15:19:53 ( ID:fhtz7i/nt1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any plan to add a command line support so that it's possible to convert one file to another in 'background' mode, ie. without showing a Gui ?

Hart Henry  2004-09-14 03:46:40 ( ID:28pk9ez3cnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed that if you type in
TMPGEnc.exe -batch from the c: the system starts the batch mode process. I have made (1) batch file in the batch editor. Then, after the process is complete, I save the newly created .AVI file and I can just overwrite my input file with a new file and run the DOS batch again.

If you find any other DOS commands, please let me know
HH

Question - TE30 - altering size of mpeg encode to fit on1cd No.53293
numbnut  2004-09-01 21:10:03 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encoded a load of xvid/divx films into pal VCD format to put on cd's to take on holiday to watch on a portable DVD player ( 6.5" screen)

Each of the films is coming out at about 950mb which means 2 dcd's per film.

I dont really need the quality as the screen size is so small.

I could probably get away with losing a bit of resolution to fit them onto 1 cd

How do I do this?

Free talk - TE25 - TmpgEnc Crash or Batch encode problem No.42241
Speedy  2004-09-01 20:33:48 ( ID:5ygxifykfug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been numerous posts concerning TmpgEnc crashing or failing to complete more than one encode in a batch list.

I have skimmed through various BBS's looking for a solution to this problem and did not find one. So I had to experiment myself.

I found on my dell laptop (Inspiron 5150, Win XP) the solution was to disable the "Use hyper threading technology" option on the "CPU" tab from the "Environmental setting".

True, the encoding process is slower, but at least the batch mode works now.
Also, in this mode the processor is not getting thrashed as much, which reduces the overheating problems I was having when the option was enabled.

Hope this helps some people.

Dave

Request - TDA1 - Menus No.49220
Ron  2004-09-01 14:56:49 ( ID:yp5gdwbu2lo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I like TMPGENC DVD author for its simplicity. However I would like to be able to select certain track menus to be OFF (not shown) whilst allowing others to be visible.

e.g. My holiday movies DVD's usually need just a main menu entry when they consist of a single day. For a weeks holiday I want the holiday to appear in the main menu and the track menu to let me select days / events.

I would also like a play first track then show main menu option without having to resort to the work around.

R

Question - TE25 - Mr No.42240
Mike  2004-09-01 14:00:16 ( ID:mzqtwqupwch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

2 questions actually

1) If i want to convert a movie that isn't fullscreen (ie that format that isn't quite widescreen that a lot of tv shows use... i forget the term at the moment), what options do i select so that TMPGnc doesn;t stretch it to fullscreen?

2) If I'm converting a file that's, say, 700 Mb, does it matter how big I set the output file to be? ie is there a quality difference in making it 700 Mb vs 1 Gig since the original was only 700 mb?

thanks

Question - TE25 - MP3 Problem No.42239
Sakuya  2004-09-01 08:04:13 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a strange problem. I used TMPGEnc to convert a JPEG menu I have along with an MP3 file. It worked the first time. Then, I thought that the audio was too soft so I used Goldwave to maximize the volume and then plugged it back in TMPGEnc to convert. This time, it won't accept the MP3 no matter how many times I try! It says this error:

File "filename.mp3" can not open, or unsupported.

That's so weird! :(

Question - TE25 - Mr No.42237
Zeppelinzx  2004-08-31 10:57:51 ( ID:rd14bqfbrkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, im having an issue with TMPGENC dvd author writing tool, any VOB files I create an ISO file for, it hangs on 19% and then displays an error message "file not found or", thats it! I can't even see what is after the or!!! I have tried various methods, but still it crashes, used various different DVD vob files, but with no luck. It's abit strange that it crashes on 19% every single time, any clues on how to fix this?

Thank you

Zeppelinzx  2004-08-31 10:59:14 ( ID:rd14bqfbrkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sugar! put in wrong title, apologises.

Question - TE25 - Program closes with no message after 1st pass in "very slow" precision No.42236
Mariusz  2004-08-31 09:42:56 ( ID:7szt/x7h38g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trial user.
When I select in Video settings "2-pass VBR" and "Highest quality (very slow)" program closes after 1st pass with no additional message.
Output files are empty (0kb).
It happens for different files.
All files are DV files.
With "slow" precision everything is OK.

Question - TE25 - Newb guide? Need help No.42235
Levi  2004-08-30 20:08:52 ( ID:qqfkstwc5uw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there a beginners guide to the program somewhere?

I'm having issues... My biggest problem is that when converting a standard .avi file to MPEG using VCD NTSC (I'm going for smallest size right now) when I play back the file, the .mpg created, I only see black. I'm not sure if there is sound or not-this computer doesn't have speakers.

I don't need sound on the video-and the mics for our cameras are all turned to line so they shouldn't be picking up sound anyway. Is there anyway to just cut all the sound out? So that's it's not included in the encoding process?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.