Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 295 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TDA1 Audio from Track Preview Bass 0 2005-01-31 21:48:20
Question TE25 Can't input video source tika 1 2005-02-03 22:20:19
Question TDA1 Can I import the key frame file generated by XPress? Arnd Winter 0 2005-01-31 08:00:48
Question TE25 Unable to open .avi-files erik 1 2005-02-03 22:20:44
Question TDA1 newbie here, please help NikThomps 1 2005-02-27 05:33:13
Question TME1 Tivotogo File Unencryption Paul 0 2005-01-29 15:02:52
Question TE25 Index of scan line is out of range AAAA 2 2005-02-13 05:08:18
Question TE30 Tmpgenc express error kanchandas 1 2005-01-28 00:36:33
Question TME1 ??? penna 0 2005-01-27 13:32:40
Question TE30 DivX and Xvid settings drose12 0 2005-01-27 02:15:05
Question TE25 How can I duplicate a VCD? Scott 1 2005-01-26 17:40:43
Question TE25 42min Xvid video being read as 150mins? Also, audio probs. SecretAgentDaisy 6 2005-02-12 21:07:59

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 295 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TDA1 - Audio from Track Preview No.49335
Bass  2005-01-31 21:48:20 ( ID:0w0/jxdmrif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please add the ability to select the Track Preview Audio from the Main Menu. I put a 15 sec clip of the movie on this thumbnail, and it would be great to hear the audio along with the video. I ususlly disable the background audio and just have a silent main menu with the movie preview. Having both the video and audio would be much better.

If I have more then one track on the main menu, the "highlighted" one should have its audio played.

Thanks,
Brian

Question - TE25 - Can't input video source No.42773
tika  2005-01-31 19:57:48 ( ID:pf7p4pgnwnl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has anyone encountered the same problem: I have an avi file, and TMPGEnc will let me upload it as an audio source and convert that to mpeg, but won't let me select it as a video source. It says file can't open, or unsupported. Any resulting mpeg file only has sound, and no visual.

ashy  2005-02-03 22:20:19 ( ID:xokv4ugpkyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answered....

Question - TDA1 - Can I import the key frame file generated by XPress? No.49334
Arnd Winter  2005-01-31 08:00:48 ( ID:c5gfleoamlo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good morning,

I have imported a DVD in Xpress, encoded it and exported the chapter information as a keyframe file.

It would be nice if there was an option in DVD author where I could import the keyframe file so I didn't have to manually recreate the keyframes.

Is there such an option in DVD Author? If not: Would it be possible to log this as an enhancement request?

Any help appreciated.
By the way: Great software.

Arnd.

Question - TE25 - Unable to open .avi-files No.42771
erik  2005-01-30 22:26:51 ( ID:vjbzoofwt7o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
My TMPGEnc will not open .avi-files for convertion. That is, it opened and converted the first file, and it worked perfectly, but after that, it has not been able to open any files, not even the one it had already converted. I get the following message after selecting file for conversion. "File "[...]" can not open, or unsupported." Any ideas on how to avoid this problem?

Erik

ashy  2005-02-03 22:20:44 ( ID:xokv4ugpkyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answered...

Question - TDA1 - newbie here, please help No.49332
NikThomps  2005-01-29 23:51:06 ( ID:ymodxkqa3z. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

here is my problem, we have just started downloading and burning movies, and anything widescreen comes out as a very thin strip in the middle of the screen... someone has suggested that i can fix that with this software, but i dont even know how to use this software yet... can someone please advise me whether this software will do that? and how? i have spent weeks getting certain movies to download, only to find that i cannot watch them!!

Sakuya  2005-02-27 05:33:13 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's just it, widescreen shown in a 4:3 TV is a thin strip of video in the middle of the screen. If you are picky about it being too thin, then TMPGEnc DVD Author is not where you do this.

You do it in TMPGEnc Plus where you have to re-encode your video. Can you please tell me what settings you used?

If you don't want widescreen altogether, then you must make it full screen in TMPGEnc Plus but that would mean cropping the video.

Question - TME1 - Tivotogo File Unencryption No.54335
Paul  2005-01-29 15:02:52 ( ID:op0jw.buivr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have heard this program can be used to strip Tivotogo files to unencrypted MPEG-2 files. Could you please provide directions.
Thank You

Question - TE25 - Index of scan line is out of range No.42768
AAAA  2005-01-28 02:06:35 ( ID:vzvrbschyj2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

could you please advise me what to do if this error message comes up?
-Index of scan line is out of range-
I double checked avi file but nothing seems wrong.

ashy  2005-02-03 22:21:28 ( ID:xokv4ugpkyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try frame serving from Virtualdub.

me^2  2005-02-13 05:08:18 ( ID:jbarl8u.iyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>could you please advise me what to do if this error message comes up?
>-Index of scan line is out of range-
>I double checked avi file but nothing seems wrong.

I had this problem. I fixed it by setting dirct show multimedia file reader to highest priority in vfapi plugins in environmental settings. I am pretty sure it's because my file was xvid yet I do not have the codec, relying on direct show to render it using ffdshow. Maybe your problem too??

Question - TE30 - Tmpgenc express error No.53400
kanchandas  2005-01-27 13:55:23 ( ID:.eelxzvitsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was trying to encode some mpeg files together into a DVD-PAL file structure, however when i start encoding I get an error right at the beginning and then the encoding aborts. The error is "character-string '%.2f'". Can anyone help me with why this is happening and point out to me how i can resolve this. Let me know if you need to know any information about the files. I have not changed any default settings in the software. Thanks in advance.

testing  2005-01-28 00:36:33 ( ID:s8kghne.2/r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DO NO USE ANY SPACE OR SPECIAL CHARACTORS LIKE & IN YOUR FILE NAMES.
YOU CAN REPLACE SPACE WITH _ IF YOU NEED SAPCES FOR READING IN FILE NAMES

Question - TME1 - ??? No.54334
penna  2005-01-27 13:32:40 ( ID:lkyjnc.dc5w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting this error when I try to put the file in to video source:
file"..." can not open or unsupported.
Any help???
Thanks

Question - TE30 - DivX and Xvid settings No.53399
drose12  2005-01-27 02:15:05 ( ID:aubtnpwr0yc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, just purchased TMPGENC 3 Xpress.
I've been having some audio sync problems on long movies.
I am using .dvr-ms files as the source (recorded from Windows Media Center 2005) and I'm trying to convert them to either divx or xvid. I am using the AVI option and have tried several different combinations of settings. Has anyone had any sucess with any particular settings?

When I use the WMV option, I do not seem to have the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Question - TE25 - How can I duplicate a VCD? No.42766
Scott  2005-01-26 16:51:39 ( ID:8htay6eyvnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a VCD that the author wants widely distributed. It's video from a presentation. How can I copy the disk so that it works in my dvd player? The original works fine, but I have not been able to find a method to duplicate the disk that allows me to drop it in the DVD player and have it auto-run.

Thanks.
Scott

ashy  2005-01-26 17:40:43 ( ID:q8.07u0bucm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just make a direct copy of it with any burning software. I recommend Nero.

Question - TE25 - 42min Xvid video being read as 150mins? Also, audio probs. No.42759
SecretAgentDaisy  Home )  2005-01-26 04:48:29 ( ID:nolo8deyhrc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I'm really new to all this conversion stuff. So forgive me if I'm being ignorant of anything. I've been searching the forums and google, but I don't know how to describe whats wrong in a short search statement, so I'm not getting good results.

Anyway, I have a several 42-45min Xvid encoded videos that I'm trying to convert to .mpg files so I can put them on dvd's or cd's. I don't have the original source files, so the Xvid ones I have to convert. However, when I go through the wizard to convert the videos it keeps reading these 42min. videos as 150+ minutes therefore making the file sizes insanely large and un-able to put on a single DVD let alone a CD. The original Xvid files are about 350-400MB so I don't see why these .mpg files should be sizes like 1GB (and sometimes over 4GB if I try the DVD section!) I would even be willing to settle for 1 video per cd, but there's got to be something I'm doing wrong or missing. I even tried the tutorial at afterdawn.com, and still got a very large file size. Any suggestions/tutorials anyone can point out?

Also, when I convert the videos I am not getting any sound. I would think in the wizard it would automatically figure that in, but I also tried manually and clicked on the System (Video+Audio) radio button, still no sound. I even trie the ES Audio only option, again no sound. I installed the unlock.mcf mentioned elsewhere in this forum, but had no luck with that. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

SecretAgentDaisy  Home )  2005-01-26 05:02:39 ( ID:nolo8deyhrc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, sorry, I did find the answer to the time problem here finally. However, no suggestions for other peoples audio problems have helped me so far. I'm not sure if fixing the time problem will help with the audio, but if it does I'll come post here as soon as this file get done. :)

Jay  2005-01-26 21:48:10 ( ID:r06orisebsf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the exact same problem. 100 minute video showing up as like 300 minutes long so the smallest I can get it is like 7.5gb. This is starting to get frustrating. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

SecretAgentDaisy  Home )  2005-01-27 06:12:23 ( ID:nolo8deyhrc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jay,

Here's where I found the answer to my problem on this board. I'm sure it'll help you:

http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc&page=1#topic28637

My sound also works now. However, my 350-400MB Xvid files are still coming out around 700MB (and the files are, as stated before, only 40-45mins long). The current Xvid files have a resolution of 608x336 and when I watch them on my TV (I have a DivX enabled DVD player) the picture is just fine and I don't notice hardly if any pixelation. However, I'm trying to make a VCD or DVD for a friend without a DivX enabled player, which is my reason for trying to convert these files. So, is it possible to get a similar resolution with MPEG that won't double the file size? If so, I'd appreciate the help in knowing the best way to do this.

I know these files can be the same size as the Xvid ones and be good quality because I got 2 vids from someone else a while back that were 350MB each and showed up just fine on my TV. I'm just trying to figure out how to achieve this. Thanks for any help in advance.

ashy  2005-01-27 17:44:06 ( ID:xaky0um6ad2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An MPEG1/2 file will NEVER have the same output quality size for size compared to an AVI.

It's just not possible.
VCD uses 10mb per minute and even that quality isn't perfect.

Also the file size of the source bears no realtion to the output size of the MPEG whatsoever.
It is time length that is the important factor for output size.
If it's for your friend you need to start using the VCD template. This will automatically resize your AVI to the correct dimensions for VCD.

Your aim should be to fill the disk you are using. If you are using 80 min disk then you can fill up to 800MB.
With a 45 min AVI you will be able to use a higher bitrate than standard VCD bitrate. You may even get away with making a SVCD on 1 disk.

Learn about VBR encoding. Higher quality for less file size is obtainable with VBR encoding.

BEan  2005-02-12 21:01:38 ( ID:ulpyufwkaaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im haveing the same problem im trying to encode a movie to mpeg2 Im not having a problem with Size, but with the movie doubleing in length, When i encode i get about 1 1/2 hours of black after the movie and as of yet have any way of getting sound. Yes i have System (Video and audio) Selected The thing im having a problem with is the Hour of black at the end of the movie. How can i fix this ??? Any help?

BEan  2005-02-12 21:07:59 ( ID:ulpyufwkaaw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ohh yes i should say its a Xvid Movie with Mp3 sound, about 120 mins long after encoding its about.... 244 mins with no sound and i had to change it to 2000 bitrate and 320 kps on sound to make it fit on a DVD

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.