Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 339 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Only 1/2 of audio after encoding to mpeg Croma 0 2004-06-11 17:51:38
Question TE25 COLOR VIDEO OGM TURNS B/W WHEN CONVERTED KP1 1 2004-06-11 17:02:30
Free talk TE30 Dissapointed: No HDTV and wrong .avi File Output superhenne 5 2004-08-19 09:05:04
Question TE30 Too dark? dialtone 2 2004-06-11 14:57:01
Question TE25 start working from point where I stoped dima 1 2004-06-11 00:12:19
Question TE25 Beep sound after merge Ken 0 2004-06-10 11:01:32
Question TE25 Mr Ken 2 2004-06-11 10:04:04
Question TE25 No video on finished product Gene 0 2004-06-09 18:54:45
Question TE30 No video on finished mpeg Gene 1 2004-06-09 18:53:33
Free talk TDA1 my first experinces with TMPGenc DVD Author :-( gbgkille 2 2004-06-28 23:55:30
Question TE25 vob files show incorrect length (too short) rmc 0 2004-06-09 17:28:07
Question TE25 TMPGEnc claims encoding is finished but its not... Soon 5 2004-06-19 06:01:58

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 339 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Only 1/2 of audio after encoding to mpeg No.41779
Croma  2004-06-11 17:51:38 ( ID:hmbnsjhssdr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After encoding some AVI files to mpeg, sometimes I only have 1/2 second of audio and then nothing more. Video looks fine.
Audio file is created with Adobe Premiere
If I export the files separately from Premiere (avi without audio and WAV file) then provide them as separate input, everything works fine.
Has anybody experienced this kind of problem? Do you have any solution?

Question - TE25 - COLOR VIDEO OGM TURNS B/W WHEN CONVERTED No.41777
KP1  2004-06-11 14:59:01 ( ID:mesdclfdsno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

WHEN I CONVERT MY OGM TO MPEG2 ES VIDEO ONLY THE IMAGES TURNS BLACK AND WHITE FRO THE ORIGINAL COLOR VIDEO. IS THERE SOME SETTING I AM MISSING

ashy  2004-06-11 17:02:30 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it's your CAPS lock that is stuck.

Free talk - TE30 - Dissapointed: No HDTV and wrong .avi File Output No.53160
superhenne  2004-06-10 17:40:51 ( ID:w7abekche82 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why did they discarded encoding MP@HL? I need to encode for a Plasma Display at higher Resolution than DVD.

Second, Output of avi-File seems to be buggy. The same file saved as avi with Windows Media 9 Codec in 2.5 was about 7MB in size. Now the files becomes 51MB when saved with TMPGEnc Express.

Very, very dissapointed.

regards

wcpaul  2004-06-12 06:14:51 ( ID:m8km0qiv2po )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The original software was written by a talented programmer for his own use.

This seems to have been spec'ed and written by people who have never archived a single piece of video in their lives.

No MP@HL and no speed improvements have kept me from buying.

RedGreenBlue  2004-06-13 12:51:02 ( ID:b13fh8mhibm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, everybody must encode for HDTV, this is a veeeeeeeery comon format out there, sure. Man, you have the bucks to pay yourself a plasma TV and you are bitching on a software that does not prices 5% of it. Time to return to reality, this is nice piece of consumer software for people with norma, basic everyday life video needs, no more and no less. I am very satisfied of it even if I regret some of the 2.5 are not in it (who cared about Force Picture Type anyway).

Sure there is only a few speed improve compared to 2.5 but if you read between the lines you will find a lot of new process are done, desactive them and you will have speed gain, or buy this new wonderfull P4 HT with SSE-3, it rocks :-)

RGB for my friends

wcpaul  2004-06-15 04:24:53 ( ID:m8km0qiv2po )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, lack of activity in this board compared with the early 2.5 days says it all.

This software is way too complicated for average consumers. And anyway, they now have access to a bazillion embedded encoders.

TMPGEnc got where it is catering to the grossly underserved "prosumer/enthusiast" market. That is why we are annoyed 3.0 did not continue the strategy. 3.0 needs a "classic" mode where all the under-the-hood improvements are added to the previous inteface.

By the way, marketing info clearly states 59.94fps is offered but the software does not support that frame rate. This broken promise wasted a lot of my time and is my main beef. (If only the trial is crippled, that is unnecessary now that activation is in use.)

bladi  2004-06-16 21:12:51 ( ID:0r1a.2q.ytf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

59.94 is clearly there. For MPEG-1. Which you would see if you read the tables where they say what framerates are supported for what.
I'm not sure if 59.94 is even supported by the profile/level that is used in dvd mpeg2, so no big surprise there. imo.

I believe we will see support for higher resolution and framerate in due time.

Febre  2004-08-19 09:05:04 ( ID:vphbfx2xvgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

59.95fps is selectable for Mpeg2, but you'll have to give up using the standard built in template. I've always manually set the settings myself or make my own template so this wasn't a big deal.

T3X seems to be geared towards the more experience users who love to tweak and are comfortable with the different options. I personally have made a complete switch over to T3X after doing some SVCD and DVD projects. The new GUI is great and set up time is a breeze.

Question - TE30 - Too dark? No.53157
dialtone  2004-06-10 13:56:14 ( ID:4nkefs6u8rk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have found that TMPGEnc Express encodes very dark. So I have to use the Filter option to enhance the brightness/gamma.

G, there is a yahoo group by the same name as the website, but without the net.

groups.yahoo.com/group/??????????

message me there.

Stolen  2004-06-10 14:04:58 ( ID:d./d9i9jflm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK Dialtone -I posted message. and I'm there now in the chat g.XXXXXXXX:1

anton  2004-06-11 14:57:01 ( ID:at0ygnxhyen )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have not experienced that, are you a Pal or NTSC user? I am a Pal uer. But, the interface has a lot to learn to catch up to Tmpeg 2.5 Plus, much better and easier to get around.

Question - TE25 - start working from point where I stoped No.41775
dima  2004-06-10 13:43:17 ( ID:ooutmkanezm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry about stupped question.
All the time what I stoped convertation
and after any time try to continue -
it's start from "start point".
What's wrong?

ashy  2004-06-11 00:12:19 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot continue from where you left off.
You could use the source range function to begin the encoding from the point you stopped it though.

Question - TE25 - Beep sound after merge No.41774
Ken  2004-06-10 11:01:32 ( ID:lgw15zonrlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for the double post. Confused the meaning of title. LOL.

Good day to you all. I have this problem I hope expert here can help me.
I try to merge 2 mpg files using TMPGEnc. It merge & play successfully but whenever it reach the point of joint, it would sound a short beep. What cause this? Anyway to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance to you all.

Question - TE25 - Mr No.41771
Ken  2004-06-10 10:58:30 ( ID:lgw15zonrlc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Good day to you all. I have this problem I hope expert here can help me.
I try to merge 2 mpg files using TMPGEnc. It merge & play successfully but whenever it reach the point of joint, it would sound a short beep. What cause this? Anyway to solve it?

Thank you very much in advance to you all.

ashy  2004-06-11 00:11:05 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So that's why people post with that daft 'Mr' subject line is it!

When you join ensure you click the 'Correct' button first.
If that doesn't cure it then try moving the join a few frames. I.E take a few frames off the end of the first part or take a few off the beginning of the second part.

Ken  2004-06-11 10:04:04 ( ID:ltmwnahlhr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are people having the same mistake as me?? :D
>So that's why people post with that daft 'Mr' subject line is it!

I tried all this before. Hopefully you still have other solution?
>When you join ensure you click the 'Correct' button first.
>If that doesn't cure it then try moving the join a few frames. I.E take a few >frames off the end of the first part or take a few off the beginning of the >second part.

Anyway, thank for the help.

Question - TE25 - No video on finished product No.41770
Gene  2004-06-09 18:54:45 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there.

Need help. I just downloaded the 2.5 and I'm trying to convert some of my AVIs. I'm using Pinacle Studio AV/DV to capture videos then edit them with Adobe Premier Pro. From there I export my video to Microsoft DV AVI. From that, I take the DV AVI file and convert it using TMPGEnc 2.5. Thing is when I do that, like I said, I end up with a blank video. Anyone seen this? Any know what I need to do?

Another thing is when I export the video using Studio 9 to AVI then use TMPGEnc, it converts just fine. So why not the videos I make with Premier?

Hope anyone can help. Thanks in advance for anyone who'll try.

Gene.

Question - TE30 - No video on finished mpeg No.53155
Gene  2004-06-09 18:49:20 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi there.

Need help. I just downloaded the 2.5 and I'm trying to convert some of my AVIs. I'm using Pinacle Studio AV/DV to capture videos then edit them with Adobe Premier Pro. From there I export my video to Microsoft DV AVI. From that, I take the DV AVI file and convert it using TMPGEnc 2.5. Thing is when I do that, like I said, I end up with a blank video. Anyone seen this? Any know what I need to do?

Another thing is when I export the video using Studio 9 to AVI then use TMPGEnc, it converts just fine. So why not the videos I make with Premier?

Hope anyone can help. Thanks in advance for anyone who'll try.

Gene.

Gene  2004-06-09 18:53:33 ( ID:ohcc2ey2og2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oops! Seems like I posted this on the wrong bulletin board, the 3.0. Anyhow, please help.

Thanks again.

Gene.

Free talk - TDA1 - my first experinces with TMPGenc DVD Author :-( No.49165
gbgkille  2004-06-09 18:30:31 ( ID:xehy98vjomw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IÃ×e downloaded the TMGenc DVD Author trial to test and have a few questions and comments:

I added 3 clips capture with Pinnacle Movie Box USB in the format PAL 720x576, 4:3, 2100 VBR, MPEG 1 L2 Audio 48khz, 192 kbps.
TMGenc DVD Author says that the clips wont fit on a disc I use 4.6 GB. The same clips added to ULEAD Movie Factory will fit onto the disc, it says 4.3 GB without any re-rendering. Why is there a difference?

IÃ×e then set start and stop positions in order to get a size that fits onto the discs. The tool permits to set chapter marks outside the start/end positions.

The DVD writing tool says that the size on the disc will be 2.6 GB, after burning aprox. 5mm of the disc will be unused.

The DVD writing tool says that the progress is 90% after 602000 sectors of 1234402 sectors, that seems wrong too.

The first clip (source file) has a small clutch in the middle of the movie, that can be seen when playing in the computer using a DVD player software such as Windows Media player. The sound after that is however ok, i.e. in sync with the picture.
Playing the burned DVD from TMGenc DVD Author, on a standalone player will show the the same picture error but the sound will from then on be out of sync by several seconds.

IÃ×e added automatic chapters every 5 minutes on all 3 clips. This work fine in the TMGenc DVD Author tool. On the burned disc however the result is ok for the first clip, for the second it stops after 8 chapters and returns back to the main menu.

Finally compared with other products the price seems terrible high. There is no capture, no re-rendering possibilities, you have to pay extra for ac-3 encoder, etc. keep the price but ship it with TMPGenc Plus and the mpeg2 and AC-3 encoder then you might be competitive.

Even so it looks very nice and is easy to use it doesnÃÕ seem very stable at this point of time so I doubt that I will purchase it.

I sent the same text to support too.

B_Racer  2004-06-14 08:40:18 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's a pinnacle Problem. This software does not produce a 100% compliant MPEG2-Stream. Use Project X to demux the Video first and it will work fine - in any Authoring-Tool.

Nohbdy  2004-06-28 23:55:30 ( ID:9mvuas2.08h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>IÃ×e downloaded the TMGenc DVD Author trial to test and have a few questions and comments:
>
>I added 3 clips capture with Pinnacle Movie Box USB in the format PAL 720x576, 4:3, 2100 VBR, MPEG 1 L2 Audio 48khz, 192 kbps.
>TMGenc DVD Author says that the clips wont fit on a disc I use 4.6 GB. The same clips added to ULEAD Movie Factory will fit onto the disc, it says 4.3 GB without any re-rendering. Why is there a difference?
>
>IÃ×e then set start and stop positions in order to get a size that fits onto the discs. The tool permits to set chapter marks outside the start/end positions.
>
>The DVD writing tool says that the size on the disc will be 2.6 GB, after burning aprox. 5mm of the disc will be unused.
>
>The DVD writing tool says that the progress is 90% after 602000 sectors of 1234402 sectors, that seems wrong too.
>
>The first clip (source file) has a small clutch in the middle of the movie, that can be seen when playing in the computer using a DVD player software such as Windows Media player. The sound after that is however ok, i.e. in sync with the picture.
>Playing the burned DVD from TMGenc DVD Author, on a standalone player will show the the same picture error but the sound will from then on be out of sync by several seconds.
>
>IÃ×e added automatic chapters every 5 minutes on all 3 clips. This work fine in the TMGenc DVD Author tool. On the burned disc however the result is ok for the first clip, for the second it stops after 8 chapters and returns back to the main menu.
>
>Finally compared with other products the price seems terrible high. There is no capture, no re-rendering possibilities, you have to pay extra for ac-3 encoder, etc. keep the price but ship it with TMPGenc Plus and the mpeg2 and AC-3 encoder then you might be competitive.
>
>Even so it looks very nice and is easy to use it doesnÃÕ seem very stable at this point of time so I doubt that I will purchase it.
>
>I sent the same text to support too.

Get used to it. And good luck getting a response from support -- much less one that isn't snide or outright insulting.

Question - TE25 - vob files show incorrect length (too short) No.41769
rmc  2004-06-09 17:28:07 ( ID:tbwe0zqo4ll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I record vob files from a Panasonic dvd recorder. When I bring the vob files into TMPGEen the length of the video under properties is very short when compared to actual length of the video. Is there anyway to reset the length of the video to the actual clip length? This causes problems when I try to recombine the audio and video as it cuts off at the originally listed length.

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc claims encoding is finished but its not... No.41763
Soon  2004-06-09 15:27:12 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a little problem here that irritates me at times. I have an old TV-Tuner card and that old TV Tuner Card only support AVI files. I had to choose uncompressed AVI to prevent frames being drop out during recording. Well, the uncompressed AVI files really eats up my 40GB Harddisk - 10 minutes for almost 2 GB!!
When I tried to encode these captures into Mpeg files to save space, TMPGEnc will encode for first few 4000-7000 frames, it will claim it is finished. (but it was not...) This will always happens on the 8 - 10 minutes video capture. In worst cases, the Operating System hangs.
This is my system specification:
AMD Duron 800MHZ
WInsonic WSV6A17 (VIA KT133 Chipset)
Gigabyte ATI Radeon 7000 64 MB DDR
256MB PC133 SD-ram
Hauppauge WinTV Go! PCI TV Tuner Card
Maxtor DiamondMax plus-8 7,200RPM 2MB Buffer 40GB
Windows 98 Second Edition

ashy  2004-06-11 00:21:46 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This used to be an old problem with the AVI size limit barrier in TMPG, but it should now be fixed.

Open TMPG and go to Options>Enviromental settings>Vfapi plugins and raise the priority of the 'AVI2(Open DML) file reader' to 2 or 3 making sure it is top of the list then try again.

If you still have porblems after that you may need to frame serve the file with AVIsynth.

ashy  2004-06-11 00:31:15 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way if you want to improve your capture rate try changing your capture software.
I use to capture with a P3 500 and 128mb RAM at 400x300 without dropping any frames.
Some people say don't use DIVX for capture, but I used to get excellant rates capturing with DIVX 5 and setting the the Performance/Quality to fastest.
Fastes won't reduce the quality, but it will use less compression and create a bigger file, but far less than an uncompressed AVI.

Make sure you have WDM drivers installed for your capture card and use WDM capture software.
The best capture program I have used and will give you a better capture rate than most is IUVCR. You can also use the modified and improved WDM drivers that they have for your card.

Soon  2004-06-13 11:40:38 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ah ha! I works completely! I even works with my AVI file that is 2.51GB (windows 98 claimed the file size is -1592908800 bytes) Wonderful! Thanks you Ashy. How I can encoded them without spliting and recominding them now. Thanks a lot.
(*psst: now then I know why is program haven't been updated since 2003, it has no more problems and doesn't needs an update!! :D)
Once again, Thanks.

ashy  2004-06-13 20:37:01 ( ID:v/6p18ugeff )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad u got it sorted.

Soon  2004-06-19 06:01:58 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Uh-Oh....
I have the same problem again for today's TV show... :D
I made the piority to 20 and it don't seems to work...
Anymore way to solve this problem...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.