Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 396 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 avi" cannot open or unsupported itsme 3 2003-12-03 20:18:24
Question TE25 Can't Shrink MPG Mark V 2 2003-12-04 18:03:54
Question TE25 Why can't I get sound after clipping part of my MPG? El Chuinardo 1 2003-12-03 19:26:40
Question TE25 When I encode.. it plays widescreen on my comp, but fullscreen on DVD player. Why is this? Nova 4 2003-12-03 19:31:43
Question TE25 Play time is longer than original GeeYY 2 2004-02-29 05:58:06
Question TDA1 "Highlight" layer in photoshop file Eli 2 2003-12-31 20:03:31
Question TE25 DVD quality but video and audio in separate streams Bryan_Fl 2 2003-12-02 23:42:53
Question TE25 How do i convert... drod400 0 2003-12-01 20:10:06
Question TE25 Encode half of a file only? Chom 2 2003-12-03 07:40:38
Question TE25 Batch file conversion from asf to mpg kamal 0 2003-12-01 08:12:44
Question TE25 DVD video encoding, issues with file size Becca 2 2003-12-01 03:51:56
Question TDA1 tme Template removal ??? DayTrader 1 2003-12-03 09:48:32

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 396 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - avi" cannot open or unsupported No.40034
itsme  2003-12-03 02:05:32 ( ID:rlfsoevpujl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi am getting an error as am converting. the reads avi" cannot open, or unsupported. I'm trying to conver chainsaw masacre dvix that I dlit from kazza.

any ideas THANKS..

Johnny  2003-12-03 04:26:47 ( ID:/82e6y5hwwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's an idea: Stop downloading pirated movies, and then asking why they don't work right.

elyserva  2003-12-03 07:49:47 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Hi am getting an error as am converting. the reads avi" cannot open, or unsupported. I'm trying to conver chainsaw masacre dvix that I dlit from kazza.
>
>any ideas THANKS..
It doesn't work that way! I successfully converted a DivX (AVI) format movie to MPEG1 but you need another (or two) program to do it. Unfortunately, I forgot the names. Please refer to www.vcdhelp.com for some guides on doing it.

ashy  2003-12-03 20:18:24 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>It doesn't work that way! I successfully converted a DivX (AVI) format movie to MPEG1 but you need another (or two) program to do it. Unfortunately, I forgot the names. Please refer to www.vcdhelp.com for some guides on doing it.

What are you talking about, you don't need any other third party software to convert AVI to MPEG apart from TMPG.

If you really are downloading pirate movies then I shouldn't really give you this info, but who am I to judge what's right.

First of all hit google.com and search for FFDSHOW and install it.
If that doesn't cure your problem then open TMPG and go to options>enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then right click the 'Directshow file reader' and raise it's priority to 2.

Question - TE25 - Can't Shrink MPG No.40031
Mark V  2003-12-03 01:30:38 ( ID:xfqrxqs2eo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My goal is to fit 4 hours of video on a DVD-R. I've brought the video in through an Adaptec Videoh box with Sonic MyDVD 4. What it has given me are 3, 75min MPGs at about 3.5gig each(3 kids VHS movies). Even at the lowest setting they are about 3gig. TMPGEnc does not like the files so I used the mpeg tools to "Simple De-multiplex" the file into video and audio. TMPGEnc accepts the audio OK but I need to set the "mux:\" so it will accept the new video file. Now I take the two new files and lower the bitrate for a new "Output" file. If I set the video for MPEG2 the file size remains constant no matter what audio or video bitrate I choose. If I use MPEG1 and MPEG1 Vid-CD non-standard I get a very slightly smaller file but it remains unchanged as I alter the bitrate. I've tried CBR from 1000 to 3000, and 2pass VBR with many settings in all positions. Yes, I'm very new to this world. Any help out there for me? Thank You, Mark

ashy  2003-12-03 20:38:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are going about this the wrong way.

Using the "mux://" command before your video file will simply Mux that file with your audio and NOT re-encode it and therefore TMPG does not need to decode it which is why it gets accepted this way.

If your source is AVI then download and install FFDSHOW. If that doesn't cure your problem then open TMPG and go to options>enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins then right click the 'Directshow file reader' and raise it's priority to 2.

If it's MPEG2 then download this codec http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Forget about the "mux://" command you don't need it.

Mark V  2003-12-04 18:03:54 ( ID:xfqrxqs2eo6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks much Ashy. I installed the codec from http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/. It looks like I'm headed in the right direction now. Thanks again. Mark

Question - TE25 - Why can't I get sound after clipping part of my MPG? No.40029
El Chuinardo  2003-12-03 00:18:17 ( ID:r8jt4nlfvan )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't seem to get any sound after I clip my movie with TMPGEnc. Is there any reason why? Do I need to get the full version and pay for it? Or am I just setting something wrong. I get sound after I encode the AVI to MPG, but I don't get sound when I clip the MPG into a much smaller file. This is bugging me, and any help would be appreciated.

Video Guy  2003-12-03 19:26:40 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to cut MPEG-1 or MPEG-2?

If you are using MPEG-2 with AC3 sound then TMPGEnc will strip the audio stream. The cutting feature seems only to work with mpa audio.

Video Guy

Question - TE25 - When I encode.. it plays widescreen on my comp, but fullscreen on DVD player. Why is this? No.40024
Nova  2003-12-02 23:13:19 ( ID:u0i/xnkk6s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im encoding to svcd and it plays widescreen on my windows player but fulscreen on my dvd player. Chould this be somethin with the settings of TMPG? If so.. what are the correct settings?

ashy  2003-12-02 23:45:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What windows player? Surely you don't mean Mediaplayer?
Did you set the output to 16:9 instead of 4:3 in TMPG?

Nova  2003-12-03 00:34:50 ( ID:u0i/xnkk6s. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yea its Windows media player. I dont know which exactly is the one for output.. but i put aspect radio and source aspect radio on 16.9

elyserva  2003-12-03 07:38:14 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For output format, use "full screen but keep aspect ratio" option.

ashy  2003-12-03 19:31:43 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use Mediaplayer as a guide for how your movies will look on a real TV.
Mediaplayer can not handle SVCD or DVD ratio's correctly and will likely distort the image. You will need a real DVD player software such as WinDVD(recommended) or PowerDVD.

If your source is 16:9 then the input settings should be.
Aspect ratio: 16:9 display
Arrange method: Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)

The output will most likely already be set to 4:3, but just check incase.

Question - TE25 - Play time is longer than original No.40021
GeeYY  2003-12-02 22:56:04 ( ID:oo89gnj5sda )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My file is 90mins long, but when I convert it with TMPgenc is is 272 mins long.

Help?

juice  2004-01-04 01:49:44 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

m8 the files duration will always be the same, what will be bigger is the file size, because ur converting it into vcd standard format

Thag  2004-02-29 05:58:06 ( ID:z.o.ly70zso )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This my also be an audio problem. Apparently this program is prone to audio problems when converting AVI. Some sort of bug so that it reports the video file as being 3 to 4 times its length.

Question - TDA1 - "Highlight" layer in photoshop file No.48869
Eli  2003-12-02 03:10:19 ( ID:2qioeed./t. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First I want to say for the price this is a pretty good authoring program. Cheers to Pegasys! As a designer with a small budget I appreciate the flexibility TDA offers in menu creation and customization. There are a few problems but I expect these will be fixed over time...

Currently I am having trouble implementing what I assume is the "rollover" state for buttons created in photoshop.

the help file says:

"PSD file can be used for button images
When a "Highlight" layer is included in the PSD file, the highlight image will be generated in the opaque part of the layer.
If emboss or effects that make the image invisible are used for the highlight layer, they will be ignored.
Then the original transparency level used before processing will be chosen."

So am I supposed to name a layer "highlight" in photoshop?
If I do TDA will use this to create the yellow highlight?
When the instructions say "opaque" - what RGB value constititutes "opaque"

thank you for your consideration.

kampar  2003-12-13 22:15:26 ( ID:gzqq1lmonmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Exactly that ... create a top layer in Photoshop called "Highlight" and then fix it up so that when the highlight layer is active (i.e. not invisible) then this is how the button should look when selected ... basically, fill the highlight layer with a color and then make it 80% opaque or so.

When you save the PSD file make sure the highlight layer is not visible but all other layers are ... DVD Author will use the visible layers when the button is not selected, and add the highlight layer when it is selected ...

It took me some time to figure this out but it seems to work okay ... the instructions on the help file aren't that great, are they :-)

Couple of other points ... if you are making a button, I found that a size of about 138 x 33 pixels in 72 pixels per inch is about right for my needs ...

There's also another gotcha ... one of the buttons (I think its track select) seems to have a second image associated with it ... something to do with a movie file ... and sometimes this image blows right over the button image you selected for the thumbnail ... to fix this create a transparent, empty file the same size as the button in Photoshop and then load that first as the "movie file" (use the Edit menu option istead of the Image menu option)before you load the real button image ... I hope this makes sense, if you have come across the problem I did then you will probably know what I am talking about !!

kampar

Eli  2003-12-31 20:03:31 ( ID:rrk3oax6c7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, thanks for the reply. I'll try it out.

Eli

Question - TE25 - DVD quality but video and audio in separate streams No.40018
Bryan_Fl  2003-12-01 20:35:22 ( ID:rudd8esd3og )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After using tmpgenc I ended up with separate audio and video streams when I try to do it in the high quality version, but when I did it in the svcd it came out in mpg form but not great quality and it was stretched vertically. So my question is, is there any possible way to merge the 2 files I got when trying to make it dvd quality, the .m2v file with the .wav file, cause it won't allow me to.

B_Racer  2003-12-02 10:39:32 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most DVD-Authoring-Programs do prefer separated Streams.
You can encodet your Video to a Program-Stream also, just change the Settings at the Bottom of TMPGEnc (if you not use the Wizard).

You can use the MPEG-Tools of TMPGEnc to multiplex (merge) Video and Audio:
File -> MPEG-Tools -> Simple Multiplex

ashy  2003-12-02 23:42:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Bit of a waste of disk space tho using a wav file for audio which could have been used for the video if you had chosen MPEG audio instead.

Question - TE25 - How do i convert... No.40017
drod400  2003-12-01 20:10:06 ( ID:osaxd64warl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i convert divx into a vcd or svcd format?

Question - TE25 - Encode half of a file only? No.40014
Chom  2003-12-01 18:47:30 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have a .d2v and .wav file as my input, and am converting it to an MPEG1 (VCD). I only want to encode a very small piece of the file, so is there any way that I can encode a specific portion of the file only instead of the whole lot?

I know that i can encode it all and then split up the resulting MPEG afterwards, but can i split up the input file in anyway or get TMPGEnc to only encode a specific part?

Thanks,

ashy  2003-12-01 20:17:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Click the setting button then go to the Advanced tab and double click source range. The rest is self explanatory.

elyserva  2003-12-03 07:40:38 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the 'Project Wizard'. There you can select what portion of the movie to encode.

Question - TE25 - Batch file conversion from asf to mpg No.40013
kamal  2003-12-01 08:12:44 ( ID:r1lekpfsmm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i would like to know if this programme can be used in batch file conversion i.e i would like to lanch it either from Dos or from another programme giving it the the complete path of a directory which contains asf file and another directory where the mpg files will be put after conversion.

Question - TE25 - DVD video encoding, issues with file size No.40010
Becca  2003-11-30 18:33:04 ( ID:fxlo.1u0ltc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK ive got some 45 minute video in mpeg2 dvd quality, and im TRYING to encode it for dvd burning using SONIC. Now then, when i try encoding it to supervcd, the file shows as around 800 mb, about half as big as in dvd. but when i upload it into sonic for buring it shows as 1.7 gb which is the same as the dvd quality video.

i dont know what i could be doing wrong. I dont know if the 2 pass vbr, or the motion search precision is set too high because those are the only two settings i change from standard.

any suggestions? im looking to fit four 45 minute videos on ONE dvd.

Minion  2003-12-01 03:05:06 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can"t use Sonic to Put SuperVCD on to DVD..What is happening is Sonic wants to re-encode your SVCD files to DVD Specs and that is why they are so big....If you want to Put SVCD Files on to DVD it is Possible without re-encodeing and you can get 2 or 3 Full movies on a DVD this Way but you have to use a DVD authoring Program that Supports Authoring SVCD to DVD Like "DVD-Lab", You can download a 30day working demo at http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ But the audio has to be 48000hz for it to be on DVD and regular SVCD"s have 44100hz audio so you will probably need to re-encode the audio to 48000hz before authoring to DVD....Good Luck

Becca  2003-12-01 03:51:56 ( ID:fxlo.1u0ltc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks so much for answering my question!

is it possible with tmpgenc to encode it as svcd with 48000hz as audio? if so how do i do that? thanks!

Question - TDA1 - tme Template removal ??? No.48867
DayTrader  2003-11-30 12:02:07 ( ID:yk2j.5im5cn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I must be missing something, (old age has its privledges), I have added several menu templates of my own to TMPGEnc Author. I now no longer need them and would like to remove them from the drop down list. Is there a way to do this? I have looked around to try to see where thr listing is kept, but to date have been unable to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

DayTrader

HAHA  2003-12-03 09:48:32 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is just easy thing. Goto the install fold of TMPGEnc DVD Author, then "TEMPLATE", remove the template file with ".tme",that correspond with your templete, So when you return to application, in the drop down menu, it will be disppear.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.