Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 152 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TAW4 gpu encoding... jaba_o 0 2010-03-12 18:54:36
Question TAW4 TMPGENC and Windows Movie Maker tatonka 19 2010-11-14 11:04:51
Question TAW4 Different template for each page blackbeard 0 2010-03-11 15:08:56
Question TE25 MPEG Tools Merge and Cut Help please Hairy Kiore 0 2010-03-11 14:03:04
Question TAW4 problem with selecting audio kkingccrimson 0 2010-03-10 23:27:13
Question TE40 How can I use Lame Encoder with TMPGenc? Slingshot 0 2010-03-10 00:28:49
Question TE40 Playlength of movies are incorrect Genesis3 0 2010-03-09 15:08:37
Question TE40 error code 0x80048003 Genesis3 4 2010-08-21 07:23:09
Question TAW4 New Update 4.0.9.37 arfer daley 2 2010-03-09 22:59:25
Question TAW4 Flick when start DVD Jerry 0 2010-03-07 22:38:33
Question TE40 Mr Fabriceb 1 2010-03-08 18:21:46
Question TE40 H264/AVC to DVD... strange colors... Baz 1 2010-03-07 14:49:29

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 152 / 982 ]   Next > >>
Question - TAW4 - gpu encoding... No.62655
jaba_o  2010-03-12 18:54:36 ( ID:efe2rsxdfnk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, Is there a chance to utilize gpu in encoding with tmpgenc?

Just wondering...

Question - TAW4 - TMPGENC and Windows Movie Maker No.62636
tatonka  2010-03-11 17:59:25 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am trying to burn an .avi that I created with Windows Movie Maker to DVD using TMPGENC Authoring Works 4. he .avi plays beautiful on it's own but as soon as I burn it to DVD through TAW the transitions, especially dissolving from one scene to another, becomes choppy, like slow motion, for the duration of the transition. Now this is only during transitions that this happens, otherwise the rest of the film is fine. The transitons were made in WMM and exported as on avi file. Any ideas why TAW is doing this to the transtions? Please help as I have burned through a large number of blank DVDs trying to get this right and nothing is working. Thanks!

tkrave  2010-03-11 18:48:32 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you know what codec your avi file is using? It might be that TAW4 is using a different codec than Windows Media Player to decode the video. Use Gspot to figure out which codec it's using.

Also, do you have software that allows you to play DVDs on your computer? If so, you can just output your video without burning it so you don't waste discs. You may need to create a disc image (you can create one with the TAW4 disc writing tool) and then use a program like Daemon to load the image as if it were a real DVD.

tkrave  2010-03-11 19:53:10 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What version of Movie Maker are you using? The one I have only outputs as WMV and it works fine in TAW4.

tatonka  2010-03-12 14:18:39 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tk!
Thanks SO MUCH for the reply! I was hoping omeone could help me! I have WMM version 6.0 and I just downloaded G-Spot and loaded the .avi in question. Here is a screencap of my G-Spot results after plugging in the .avi with the slow transitions through TAW...

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/yanalou/gspotreading.jpg

tatonka  2010-03-14 15:31:06 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Still here tkrave? I still desperately need help!

tkrave  2010-03-15 17:48:13 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In Gspot, enable codec interaction in the settings; that way it will tell you the codec status and solutions to errors.
How long is your movie? Your Gspot screenshot says your file is 21.9 GB and it's DVD quality? Is the file actually that big? Gspot says there's 16.9 GB of unneeded data, so something strange is going on there.

I don't have WMM 6 so I can't recreate your problem at the moment.
Any chance you can upload a short, sample video with the same characteristics as your problem video?

tatonka  2010-03-17 15:50:21 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tk,
Well G-Spot keeps crashing when I try to enable codec interaction. I get this message on a black screen...

Warning: DirectShow crashed while GSpot was attempting to obtain information about a codec.

This is usually due to damaged, misconfigured, conflicting, or poorly written codec drivers. It is possible, perhaps even likely, that other media players will crash when they attempt to play this file as well, as most of them will also use DirectShow. GSpot was able to intercept the crash, and has attempted to identify the codec or filter involved; uninstalling or reinstalling this codec or filter may solve the problem.

The codec was tentatively identified as:

C:\Windows\system32\imaadp32.acm
Unknown video codec #10

What my DVD is going to be is two seaprate tracks. Track 1 is the main film and it runs 1 hour 48 minutes. Track 2 is made up of extra features and the total length of them is 17 minutes and 25 seconds.
I cannot upload a sample of the problem because that really IS the problem...the choppy transitions only happen on DVD...not in my PC or TMPGENC previews...just when it's put onto DVD and played on TV do I see it. It's really annoying because everything else looks beautiful...I almost want to simply remove all the transtions from the original WMM project and re-render but there's no way to lock the timeline so that when I remove the transitions it doesn't throw the entire project off timing wise. It's ridiculous that once you edit nearly two hours of a movie that if you want to go and fix something at the begining, it messes up the entire timeline. So I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I am so close to being done if not for this transition problem.

tkrave  2010-03-17 17:50:27 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so your file definitely shouldn't be 21 GB based on the length of your videos.

And the file plays fine in the Simulation stage of Authoring Works?

When you import your video into Authoring Works 4, which file reader is it using? (you can see which file reader it's using in the Clip Properties screen under the video file location.)

Did you change any track settings such as bitrate?

Also, I wasn't asking for a video showing the problem, I meant I wanted a sample of the problem area of the video (i.e. the transition) with the same bitrate, framerate, dimensions, etc. Then, I'll try and output it and see if I get the same choppy playback.

mathew lisett  Home )  2010-03-18 09:34:54 ( ID:1uuvxkl/gf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i can bet you its a codec issue.

unistall all codecs, reboot then clean system with somethign like tuneuputilities, download the newest klite codec pack from codec-guide, reboot and then re try what your doing.

tatonka  2010-03-18 14:40:34 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi tk,
Yes I did change the bitrates as seen below.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/yanalou/TAWsettings.jpg

Now when you say look for "clip properties" in the "file location" are you talking about within TAW or the file on my PC where the .avi comes from? I cannot find a clip properties selection. All I can do is right click on the original .avi (outside TAW4) and get those properties but I think you are asking about something else. So when you say "file location" are you talking about the "Source" page in TAW4 or are you indeed talking about outside of TAW4?

Now when I render the orignal movie from WMM...I do it as .avi because it is my understanding that that is the best format to maintain the high quality. Is this perhaps a bad idea? Should I publish the movie as a diffeent file type?

The transtion is a simple dissolve, where one scene is dragged and overlapped on the timeline so that the first fades into the second. The info about framerate and such can be seen by clicking the link above. It is only during the "overlapped" portion of the transition that everything slows down until it becomes one scene alone.

Hi Matthew!
Thanks for the advice. I am scared to death to start deleting codecs and such as I don't know how and I am not familiar at all with that. I'm certain I would screw up things and make my probelems even worse.

tkrave  2010-03-18 18:27:17 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the Clip Properties window I was talking about (file reader highlighted):
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zmdmjm.png

It might be good to try outputting as something other than an AVI in WMM, just to see if that is indeed the problem.

As matthew says, uninstalling and updating your codecs might be a good idea.

mathew lisett  Home )  2010-03-18 23:11:21 ( ID:1uuvxkl/gf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tatonka

give me a shout via my email or my website with the contact form, and ill give you a hand via using teamviewer.

no charge.

tatonka  2010-03-19 17:39:56 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey tk,
Oh OK, that screen says "DirectShow filereader" tk. I will try and publish the film as "DVD Quality" in WMM instead of .avi then and then burn a DVD through TAW4 and see what happens.

If that doesn't work..I maytake you up on that Matthew! Thanks SO MUCH for your help guys.

tatonka  2010-03-20 15:51:36 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay guys, I just finished rendering a DVD, this time using a .wmv file instead of the original .avi. The transitions are normal now but now the entire video has a choppy look to it when the camera moves. The picture quality is a bit lossier as well. So I don't think the .wmv idea is going to work unless you guys have another setting I should try. This .wmv has the following settings applied in TAW4:

Max br 9400

br 5150

min br 1550

interlace

top field first

two-pass vbr

tatonka  2010-03-23 23:31:50 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay guys. Here's a screenshot that says what codec it uses:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x61/yanalou/codec.jpg

Now how do I know which one Windows uses in their own DVD Maker program..which does publish this movie in excellent perfect quality. So there's something in TAW4 causing this...maybe if I change this codec to whatever Windows uses I could duplicate the DVD writing process as it's done in WMM "through" TAW4. Thoughts?

tkrave  2010-03-24 17:26:33 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, it's hard to say what WMM is using. I would think that it's using DirectShow codecs since it's a Microsoft product but who knows?

You might need a different DVSD codec. Try Cedocida DV codec if you don't have it already.

tatonka  2010-03-27 14:28:41 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey Tk,
Well I tried to burn a DVD through WMM just to see how it looked and it isn't as perfect as I remember. The picture quality is a bit lossy. The transitions work this way, but at the expense of a bit poorer video quality.

Now this is probably irrelevant but I should mention that it seems that when one moving scene fades into another moving scene that this problem happens. So I am wondering if it might have something to do with that...where that 2 seconds of overlapped "motion" footage of two different scenes is throwing off the motion setting in TAW...where it is trying to stabilize to different "moving" scenes during a transition that causes the slow motion fade.

Probably irrelevant but I want to be sure I metioned it before we settled upon it beinf a definite codec issue? Does this shed any light on this problem at all? I probably should have mentioned it sooner but I thought it was irrelevant whether there was motion in the two overlapping scenes.

tatonka  2010-04-08 19:05:37 ( ID:xo8ixfhk0dm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any thoughts on my previous comment? Could that be the issue and is there a fix?

tkrave  2010-04-09 19:52:07 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think that should matter too much especially if the transition is already encoded as video. The only thing I can think of is that the bitrate for the transition section is too high which is why I was asking about your bitrates before.

I can't definitively say what the problem is but it won't hurt trying other codecs or following Matthew's advice.

JImPuchai  2010-11-14 11:04:51 ( ID:hcjxkc/jwfg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This a tricky one to solve but it is actually very easy to fix.

If you take a look at the frame rate of your *.avi file you will see that is is either NTSC (24 or 30) standard or PAL(25) standard. If you don't want to fully recode your films to a different standard (this is what is causing the pixilation visible at transitions)then burn your output at either NTSC or PAL according to the frame rate of the *.avi file.

Note that modern equipment plays either standard quite perfectly so don't worry about having mixed DVDs.

Sorry this is a late reply but there will be many with the same question.

Question - TAW4 - Different template for each page No.62635
blackbeard  2010-03-11 15:08:56 ( ID:zjd2v5k8ejo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Would like to know if there is a way to add a different template for each page.

EX:
Title Page: play movie and scene selection
Page 2: trailer1 , trailer 2, trailer 3

another words:
title page only 2 links and page 2 3 links

Question - TE25 - MPEG Tools Merge and Cut Help please No.43763
Hairy Kiore  2010-03-11 14:03:04 ( ID:kakcn1edl5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.Hopefully someone can help me..My problem is I downloaded an avi file.After an initial problem I quickly realised I needed to extract the audio to a wav file... I used Virtual Dub to do this and then used TMPGenc to create an mpg file ..These were my settings... MPEG-1 640x480 25fps CBR 1150 kbps, Layer-1 44100Hz 192 kbps
No problem ..the File is excellent .
BUT I needed to extract a portion of the mpg so used Tmpgenc 's Mpeg tools ...Merge and Cut
I added the file ...played it in the window and Video and Audio were Great...
So I marked in /out and saved ....BUT?? the saved file had no audio...
Now I have done this many many times and never with this problem ..I have tryed everything checking and rechecking...BUT just cannot get audio on this particular file when I cut a section out....
Can anybody please offer me a suggestion ..Thanks HK

Question - TAW4 - problem with selecting audio No.62634
kkingccrimson  2010-03-10 23:27:13 ( ID:qpbmppeckv2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to replace the mono sound on a concert DVD I have,with a stero recording on the same show
The stereo audio that I want to use for the creation of the DVD,are all MP3 files(1 song = 1 MP3).Instead of selecting all 20 or so songs/MP3s,It seems that TMPGENC will only let me use 1 song/MP3.
I want to make it so that the entire show is in stero,not only a few minutes.

Question - TE40 - How can I use Lame Encoder with TMPGenc? No.59354
Slingshot  2010-03-10 00:28:49 ( ID:fo0xt1hlskl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TV that can play AVI files from a thumb drive plugged into a USB port. I have some home movies I want to convert to AVI. I found that the format that works is Xvid AVI with MP3 video.

When I use TMPGenc to encode the video to Xvid and MP3 it didn't work. The TV displayed an error "Unsupported audio format".

I tried another AVI file and it worked fine (Xvid/MP3).

Using a program called Gspot I was able to determine that the only difference was the Mp3 audio in the working file was encoded with Lame encoder.

My question is how can I get TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress to use Lame encoder instead of Advanced Acoustics Engine Mp3?

Question - TE40 - Playlength of movies are incorrect No.59353
Genesis3  2010-03-09 15:08:37 ( ID:xtdklofpph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again,

I have encountered another problem with TMPGEnc Xpress, and that is when you import an original DVD, the playlength of the movie is incorrect..

For example:
Monsters Inc shows playtime of 39h 19m
Matrix shows playtime of 58m 3s
Time Bandits shows playtime of 28m 13s..

Why is that?

Thanks in advance..

PS. All the movies are original DVDs from my own collection that I wanna backup to DivX..

Question - TE40 - error code 0x80048003 No.59349
Genesis3  2010-03-09 11:44:45 ( ID:xtdklofpph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have a problem with importing certain DVDs into TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress.

I get an error-message which says "Unsupported file (error code 0x80048003)"

What does that mean?

Thanks.

tkrave  2010-03-17 17:05:49 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this a store-bought DVD? I get this error on store-bought DVDs; it most likely refers to the fact that it's copy-protected. Remember, you can't import copy-protected DVDs.

mathew lisett  Home )  2010-03-18 09:38:13 ( ID:1uuvxkl/gf. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

now for some reason this error doesnt happen with all files, and i say this becuase i had this exact error every single time i tried to do project, no matter how tried to solve it , it just wouldnt like the files.

how ever try load another file and it was no issue.

so its one of those unknown bugs , becuase sadly xpress held the info as to why it didnt like the files and wasnt telling me.

oh and sometimes it would even do this when i had spent hours cutting the damned thing, and then started the encode.

RV  2010-04-15 11:52:42 ( ID:xtdklofpph2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, they are "store-bought" DVDs.. However, this should be irrelevant, as i always remove the protection with DVDdecrypter or similar..

At this point I have 8 original DVDs in my collection that TMPG can't read. I get this unsupported file-error, or it can't find the main movie :-/

And I should probably mention that other converters read those dvds just fine.. So, it's strictly an issue with TMPG.

Young Reporting  2010-08-21 07:23:09 ( ID:iouka/cgnon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I suddenly started getting this message on my laptop. -R dvd's we recorded work on. Couldn't get software to work. But when I took very same DVD and put it in an external DVD player, all worked well. I'm wondering if maybe the the internal laptop DVD player doesn't maybe just need a good cleaning.

Question - TAW4 - New Update 4.0.9.37 No.62631
arfer daley  2010-03-09 03:49:17 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

do you have to uninstall onld version before installing new update version or can it go over top thanks

tkrave  2010-03-09 17:48:37 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I usually just install the new version without uninstalling the old version. It'll delete the old version automatically.

arfer daley  2010-03-09 22:59:25 ( ID:ewvoryvw0cf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks tkrave thought so was not sure yhought i would check

Question - TAW4 - Flick when start DVD No.62630
Jerry  2010-03-07 22:38:33 ( ID:ml//b7ovqy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to ask if anyone has experience the same problem.
I compile the dvd and burn it after that.So far everything is o.k.
But when i insert the dvd in the player when it starts there is a flick with the image from main menu.
Also when i click on any button the background picture in the main menu goes from 4:3 to 16:9?
Any ideas.
Thanks

Question - TE40 - Mr No.59347
Fabriceb  2010-03-07 17:32:30 ( ID:p4qiv1d0xa6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi
I want to convert an uncompressed avi at 720p (1280x 720) into an mp4 file but I can't, the maximum size it'll let me is 720x576. is there a way to do this in tmpgEnc 4.0 express?
thanks
Fabrice

tkrave  2010-03-08 18:21:46 ( ID:lgrl8ryjzyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When selecting your output format, there's a drop-down menu to select between ISO MPEG-4 and MPEG-4 AVC. Select MPEG-4 AVC and you'll be able to choose HD resolutions in the settings screen.

Question - TE40 - H264/AVC to DVD... strange colors... No.59345
Baz  2010-03-07 14:42:35 ( ID:0sqarc3bb4h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an AVC1/H264 mp4, with AAC audio, I've tried converting to MPG2 (DVD) format. The output is purple... I can barely see video. Audio is fine.
I've tried checking & unchecking the mp4 file reader, as well as the avchd reader.
I keep getting the same purple output.
The source video plays in any player (wmp, mpc, zoom, gom, etc.), so the source is fine.
What am I missing? Is there a way to get TX4 to use CoreAVC to read the file?
Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Baz  2010-03-07 14:49:29 ( ID:0sqarc3bb4h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way, I was able to convert the source to DVD with ConvertX, but would prefer using TX4.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.