Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 280 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Computer Freezes While Encoding GParrell 0 2005-04-26 20:41:04
Question TE30 Virtualdubmpeg2 to TMPGenc Compresses File GMan 0 2005-04-26 16:31:49
Question TME1 audio sync up bkbergen 0 2005-04-25 10:00:15
Request TME1 x64 build of TMPGEnc Nerdzilla 2 2006-01-24 15:30:55
Question TDA1 Audio Video Sync Problem. amir77a 2 2005-10-25 23:03:39
Question TE25 error supporting files reggieman 6 2005-05-15 08:02:42
Question TE25 Motion-JPEG crowflock 1 2005-04-21 17:48:56
Request TE25 Simpler Batch Mode dennismv 1 2005-04-20 23:29:37
Question TDA1 DVD Author Background Image Question mattstan 3 2005-07-12 12:37:25
Question TE25 Avi to MPEG adds about 2-3 hours length Disturbed350z 3 2006-05-27 10:20:21
Question TDA1 Chapter Names sneed 0 2005-04-19 22:36:53
Question TME1 Ivalid Pointer Operation? TrigunX89 0 2005-04-19 11:29:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 280 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Computer Freezes While Encoding No.43173
GParrell  2005-04-26 20:41:04 ( ID:x.ytzhkqpkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This does not seem to be an issue with TMPGEnc itself, but I am hoping someone here can shed some light on my issue.

I have a Dazzle DVC80 capture device and using MovieStar5 to capture my video to raw avi. For 25 minutes of video, my file size is roughly 5 gigs.

I tried to use the MovieStar software, TMPGEnc, and also Nero to convert this raw avi file to SVCD. Each program will completely lock up my computer and random times during the encoding process.

I tried VCD and it looked like it was working, but with about 4 minutes of encoding time left, everything locked up again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

Question - TE30 - Virtualdubmpeg2 to TMPGenc Compresses File No.53446
GMan  2005-04-26 16:31:49 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the VirtualDub MPEG2 version and want to remove logo's from my MPEG2 files. I use TMPGENC to encode the files that are modified in VirtualDub using the Frame Server function.

However following the tutorials to remove the logo's yielded files that were orginal 2.5GB down to 350MB. Naturally with this unwanted compression I get unwanted artifacts etc.

Has anyone used this process to remove the logo's without altering the video quality?

Are there special settings within TMPGenc that need to be set to retain the original video quality? If so, what or where can I find these settings?

Here is the method that I have been using to remove the logo's.

1) Open VirtualDub and load a MPEG2 file.
2) Open filters and add Delogo and then configure to remove logos.
3) Then select Video Compression and here is where I select Uncompressed.
4)Then I open Frameserver
5) Then I open TmpgEnc to encode the files

As mentioned before the original size was 2.5GB , after doing the above the filesize is 350MB. I don't want to compress anything video or audio , all I want to do is remove the logo's.

I have tried other settings such as : select in Audio & Video processing modes..."Direct Stream Copy" or "Full Processing Mode"... Neither option yielded an uncompressed file. By the way when I used Direct Stream Copy it took over 18+ hours.

Another point to mention is that in all cases the audio was synced with the video.

Any help, comments, tutorials etc will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Question - TME1 - audio sync up No.54382
bkbergen  2005-04-25 10:00:15 ( ID:7a8x.w9lhow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cannot get the audio to snyc up with the video. There is about a 6-8 second delay. Video happens then audio come in about 8 seconds later.

Request - TME1 - x64 build of TMPGEnc No.54379
Nerdzilla  2005-04-25 05:57:40 ( ID:5jwvrgms2po )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

REQUEST for an x64 build now that WinXP-x64 has been officially released

This is one app that would benefit greatly by 64-bits; with sixteen 64-bit gp registers and a huge amount of addresable memory I wouldn't be surprised if the speed increase weren't threefold over a 32-bit build.

dan witzel  2005-11-08 01:31:14 ( ID:nuppnkrtkfc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

here here to that would definatelty get my dual core 3800 cooking

bojo  2006-01-24 15:30:55 ( ID:3oxeblvtt/o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah, definitely.

i think its divx or xvid encoders, encode twice as fast on xp64, without being optimised.

x64 will revolutionise video encoding!, its probably the only real reason a home user should chose it over 32 bit. (ur average joe blog :D)

Question - TDA1 - Audio Video Sync Problem. No.49408
amir77a  2005-04-21 09:26:58 ( ID:/gjzsiooet. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an avi file (which plays flawlessly), with ac3 (5.1 CH audio). I seperate it (using Virtual Dub) and produce m2v file with the video only using tmpgenc.

I finally wish to make a DVD out of it.

The result is always deley in the vidoe of about 7-8 seconds.

How can this be corrected?

B_Racer  2005-04-22 11:11:10 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it a continous async (delay) or is it becoming bigger and bigger while playing?

Magicman  2005-10-25 23:03:39 ( ID:vr16f0/jioo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have this problem. Mine the delay gets worse as the video goes along. I separate the video from the audio and save the audio as a wav file using virtualdubmod. It doesn't happen on all videos but is the same on repeated attempts at the video. When watching the DVD you'd hear little hickups in the audio and they accumulate over time to make the delay worse and worse each time.

Question - TE25 - error supporting files No.43166
reggieman  2005-04-21 01:25:14 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem: My TMPGEnc isn't taking any movies files of mine....it keeps telling me that it doesn't support the files and they're the DVD2AVI vfp. files. I've been inserting these in TMPGEnc before many times, but now it won't let me do it. This is getting to be very frusrating as I have a lot of movie files to do! I recently had to wipe everything out on my hard drive. It was working before I did this, now NOTHING'S working on it! I have an AMD athlon(tm) xp 2500 processor, 1 gig of RAM, integrated sound card, two hard drives(120 gig & 200 gig) and a NVIDIA GeForce 5200 video card (128mbs) and two DVD burners in it.I have the TMPGEnc version 2.58....Somebody PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS!!

ashy  2005-04-21 17:52:51 ( ID:ymc7gzyllyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copy the DVD2AVI.VFP from your DVD2AVI folder to the TMPGenc folder.

reggieman  2005-04-22 09:47:04 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried that and it still won't work. I've even went as far as to wipe everything out on my hard drive and it still won't work! I've adjusted the directshow to 2 and 3 and it STILL WON'T WORK...ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! I just don't understand it...it worked before and now all of a sudden it doesn't want to work and now I have all these movies I need to do....any other suggestions?

ashy  2005-04-22 12:31:03 ( ID:ymc7gzyllyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The directshow settings have nothing to do with the DVD2AVI frame server as it uses the VFAPI interface.

Follow these steps and it should work.

First of all carry the instructions I gave you previously again.
Ensure that the the version of DVD2AVI that you created the .d2v with is exactly the same version you are copying the DVD2AVI.vfp file from to the TMPGenc folder.

Secondly do NOT move, rename or delete the .d2v or any of the files or folders associated with it inckuding the source files until you have finished encoding.

Run TMPG then navigate to the VFAPI plugins folder. You should see the DVD2AVI.vfp plugin listed. If it is, ensure it checked. If it is checked then try raising it's priority and then restart TMPG and then load your .d2v

kdub420  2005-04-29 21:11:02 ( ID:bdxp7pqvipk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Instead of jumping through all these hoops of nonsense, you should make sure first that you havent lost or overwritten your necessary codecs. Have you made significant changes to your system since the last time it worked for you? Without proper codecs installed, TMPEG will not support very many file types. I recommend K-LITE CODEC PACKS. They are complete, quick to install, and 100% free. Try this first.

ashy  2005-04-30 13:31:27 ( ID:dbjksrmcnog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it just goes to show the extent of your knowledge with your 'Hoops of nonsense' crack and your little understanding of how the VFAPI interface works.

First off he doesn't need an installed codec to decode the MPEG2 source as DVD2AVI works as a frame server through the VFAPI interface and has it's own standalone codec and only needs the DVD2AVI project file reader added to the TMPG VFAPI list to decode MPEG2.

Secondly anyone who advises installing a codec pack on a system has little or no knowledge of why these should NOT be installed. Anybody with plenty of encoding and video editing knowledge on any of the video forums will tell to stay well away from them.

Lastly before posting messages challenging someone elses advice, make sure you know what you are talking about as your advice will do diddly squat as far as decoding MPEG2 with DVD2AVI is concerned.

univinus  2005-05-15 08:02:42 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

um, could you please explain all this again in stupid man's terms? i can't find a plugin folder? and i dont understand why a file needs to be moved from the folder it was saved in to the tmpg folder? i imagine it has a browse button for a reason?

i made a .d2v file with DVD2AVI and when i browse for the file, it's not automatically detected as a video file, i have to view All Files (*.*). then, when i select my file, it says it's not supported, or couldn't be opened.

I'm not familiar with either DVD2AVI or TMPG, i'm just following steps outlined in my uni course notes for ripping DVDs. So some really simple steps to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Question - TE25 - Motion-JPEG No.43164
crowflock  2005-04-21 00:39:58 ( ID:f8b7qd.dvdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i bought a new Canon A510 digital camera and i can do movies with it.
The problem is i tried to convert the .AVI using TMPGEnc and it wont even open the file. The AVI is encoded in Motion-JPEG so i can't use it in my video editing software. Do you have any ideas that could help me ?

ashy  2005-04-21 17:48:56 ( ID:ymc7gzyllyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install the Morgan media MJPEG codec or similar directshow codec.
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/morgan_m-jpeg_codec.cfm

Request - TE25 - Simpler Batch Mode No.43162
dennismv  2005-04-20 18:30:10 ( ID:omihefzctxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd just like to be able to select 20 files or more and drop them into TMPGEnc and have them all processes at the same setting.

Right now to get over a 100 files encoded, I drag-n-drop and click through the wizard ... ouch

Dennis

ashy  2005-04-20 23:29:37 ( ID:ymc7gzyllyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.videogeneration.com.au/batchlist.htm

Question - TDA1 - DVD Author Background Image Question No.49404
mattstan  2005-04-20 15:01:22 ( ID:maw9qtlmp4n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Author Background Image Question

Hi,

I have a custom background image that I use when authoring DVDs with DVD Author -- when I play the DVD on my computer using WinDVD, my background image is displayed in full correctly, however when I play the same DVD on my standalone DVD player the very top and very bottom of the image is missing / cropped on my TV. This makes the image look stupid, although there's only a bit missing that bit is essential to the design.

My TV is a 'full screen' (not Widescreen) TV and it is PAL. When I first made the background image I used 720x480 for its size. After the first time I saw the missing top and bottom bit I realized these are the NTSC screen dimensions and so remade the image using the PAL dimensions of 720x576. This made no difference, it still looks fine on my PC using WinDVD but with the same problem on my TV.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,

MS

B_Racer  2005-04-20 17:24:06 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, RTFM!

TDA is able to show you the Safe Area. Use this function to check what's inside and what's outside the screen of the TV.

user name  2005-06-17 16:16:47 ( ID:kxnlkluwigr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

actually PAL is 768 wide not 720

you can prove this to yourself if you have a bauppauge video card and know
how to edit the registry for custom size image captures

do some at 720 and you will see them distorted
do them at 768 and they will be correct

digital TV/software is rubbish

vidman  2005-07-12 12:37:25 ( ID:mpwpv837utc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If these people dont what 768 is all about.. use photoshop and increase canvas size by 10% the picture will now have a boarder around it and keep the image in the safe area,, easy..

ADAQ

Another
Dumd
Ass
Question

sorry to be rude this is basic knowledge for DVD/VCD

Question - TE25 - Avi to MPEG adds about 2-3 hours length No.43158
Disturbed350z  2005-04-20 05:01:01 ( ID:tdvhejme8jf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried converting my avi movie which is about 1:39 minutes long
to an mpg file for a dvd
well when I did so the result was I had no sound on it....and after the end of the movie...there was 2:55 of black screen added on the end of it.

B_Racer  2005-04-20 17:20:14 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah, that's a frequently asked question which has been frequently aswered

ashy  2005-04-20 23:30:48 ( ID:ymc7gzyllyg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Very frequent, far more frequently than using the search function.

kevin  2006-05-27 10:20:21 ( ID:n0ks9p5hi8n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No offense, however...
I have the same question as everyone else.
I'm looking through a search now and all I'm turning up is a bunch of nada.
If this question's been frequently answered why does the answer not frequently turn up?

Question - TDA1 - Chapter Names No.49403
sneed  2005-04-19 22:36:53 ( ID:bkjhgolaun2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep creating themes with specific chapter names like "Baby Pix" and "Hora". I want these chapter names to appear every time I use that theme, but each time the chapter names are reset to "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", etc. How can I make my own chapter names come up each time?

Question - TME1 - Ivalid Pointer Operation? No.54378
TrigunX89  2005-04-19 11:29:01 ( ID:fbd1i0axepk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I keep getting an "Invalid Pointer Operation" error message before it begins to encode this particular file I have. Any ideas? Thank you!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.