Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 292 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE30 very new to video emoore2020 2 2006-11-15 06:22:59
Question TE25 Problem with every "mpeg-->avi-file" mki 7 2005-02-20 23:09:26
Request TE25 Trying to make a VCD to play in home DVD player craig 3 2005-02-20 19:29:53
Question TE30 XDVD Bitrate Issues cgulka 0 2005-02-15 15:26:10
Question TE25 Making my mpeg2 smaller Monkey 2 2005-02-16 18:54:43
Question TE25 error message KED 1 2005-02-16 09:00:55
Question TDA1 Missing P3Package.dll kle1 0 2005-02-15 03:49:35
Question TDA1 How to make minor change in authored DVD? djohn 1 2005-02-27 05:30:40
Question TE25 Settings are ignored paracelsus 12 2005-02-17 02:03:48
Question TE25 Avi file cant open or unsupported...possible solution kasper 5 2005-02-17 22:40:47
Question TE25 Error Message suzieqsuz 1 2005-02-14 22:46:21
Question TE25 This is nice Monkey 1 2005-02-12 10:16:16

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 292 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE30 - very new to video No.53403
emoore2020  2005-02-16 02:07:47 ( ID:jr4rgeb287m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i select an *.avi file for converting, i get a message that the file "cannot open, or is unsupported."

any typical things i'm forgetting to do?

thanks

Bojo  2005-02-28 07:47:56 ( ID:9jtuinwmf8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That error message usually means that TMPGenc can't find a codec to decode the audio or video. Sometimes this occurs when the AVI file uses an older "Video For Windows" codec instead of the newer DirectShow codec. Your best bet is to use another program to transcode the file to another encoding before using TMPGenc to convert to MPEG.

asim prabhu  2006-11-15 06:22:59 ( ID:t1au8zjoeg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

IN ENVIRONMENTAL SETTING>VFAPI PLUGIN set higher priority for the respective codec go by trial and error. Restart TMPG every time till you get to see the video.

Question - TE25 - Problem with every "mpeg-->avi-file" No.42884
mki  2005-02-15 19:53:32 ( ID:xho82zh7up. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, first of all *sorry for my bad english* :)

Im using TMPGEnc 2.521.58.169 (core 1.98.152)

everytime I encode my mpeg-file I get an error at the same position.
every player just stops playing every file at 01:07:40.

The Mpeg-files are always between 0.9GB and 1.3GB (about 1.5 hours)
(MPEG-1 640x480 25fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 48000Hz 128kbps)

The Avi-files have a size of ~500MB
(AVI 640x480 25fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 48000Hz 128kbps)

(I know 640*480 not a standard resolution for videos but i watch the files on my computer, so it should be ok, right?)

Well the problem is no matter what i do it always stops the *.avi at 01:07:40 while the mpeg-file doesnt stop at all. I have tried about 10 different videos, everyone stops at the same position so i don´t think it happens by accident.

Can anyone help?

ashy  2005-02-16 08:47:44 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all, can I just ask what is the point in re-encoding the AVI's at all?
As you say the resolution is not standard and won't play in any other player then the PC.
If that's the case what's the point in craeting an MPEG that will have reduced quality and be twice the size? You may as well just watch the AVI.

Ok aside from that I need you to explain what you mean by saying the file stops playing.

Do you mean it actually ends at that point or does it just freeze on the last frame or do you mean it continues playing, but still shows the same frame?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have your source range setting to end at 01:07:40?

mki  2005-02-16 15:59:49 ( ID:u1gjpk3cjuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean with "reencoding the file"?

I use a dvb-s card to record mpeg streams and then i encode them to avi
(with Xvid Codec)

If i use PowerDVD it just quits the programm. If i use WinMediaPlayer it says "corrupt file" (keeps playing video but without sound and if i close the error warning it stops).

The file doesnt end at 01:07:40, i can go on watching the files at about 01:08:00

ashy  2005-02-16 16:36:10 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So your capturing to MPEG and THEN converting to AVI?

Why not just capture to AVI? Does your card not have the ability, seems a bit daft converting to AVI.

I can capture to full resolution on my PC using MPEG4 at 25fps without dropping frames and I only have a crappy WinTV card.

I certainly don't understand the point of capturing to such a low quality format such as standard VCD format and then converting to AVI.
The quality loss will be drastic.
If you must capture to MPEG first then capture to MPEG2 with a pretty high bitrate. Your AVI's will then be of much higher quality.

However I still don't understand your problem.
Are your MPEGs stopping at 01:07:40 or your AVI's?

mki  2005-02-16 17:47:54 ( ID:u1gjpk3cjuw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can only record in mpeg2 or pva and i use mpeg2.

the thing is i am new in videoencoding and the only way for me
to get the videos to avi was

record as mpeg2. (works fine)
encode to mpeg1. (works fine)
encode to avi (the 01:07:40 problem)

I cant encode mpeg2 directly to avi (sound+video wont match)

I already tried FLASK. It works to encode and doesnt stop at the position
but when i open the file it runs for a half second then freezes for a half second, and so on the whole file trough.

ashy  2005-02-16 23:09:47 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I cant encode mpeg2 directly to avi (sound+video wont match)
This is a problem with your card dropping frames. Your PC isn't powerful enough to handle the bitrates and resolution you are using.
MPEG1 VCD format is less demanding.

Is it possible to adjust the MPEG1 settings for your card? If you can, raise the bitrate, double it if you can as it will improve the quality no end.

It's obvious TMPG doesn't like the MPEGs your card creates.
What sort of card is it, manufacturer and model?

To be honest you are using the wrong application for encoding to AVI anyway. Virtualdubmod is faster and better at it.

mki  2005-02-17 14:12:12 ( ID:f9xn2diebs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im using a Technisat Skystar 2 PCI on a AMD 64 3000+ with 1GB Ram.

I havnt tried virtualdubmod yet, but i have it on my HDD.
I will give it a try.

Thank you for all the answers btw. :)

mki  2005-02-20 23:09:26 ( ID:4.wrbmnpelm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

wow, VirtualDub works perfect. encodes the files without a single error
+I could save my old videos by cutting some frames at 01:07:40.

thanks for your help ashy

Request - TE25 - Trying to make a VCD to play in home DVD player No.42880
craig  2005-02-15 17:21:10 ( ID:ag4g5fkogjj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I down loaded this program because it says that it can create VCDs, but the only thing it does is convert video files to mpeg format, correct? Well I've been looking for the past week for a program that will actually let me burn a VCD that will play on my home dvd player and every program that I've downloaded which claims to be able to do this turns out to be nothing more than a file converter. I'm not saying that this program doesn't work , but , simply converting a file to mpeg and burning it to a disc does not create a VCD.I need a true VCD creating program (freeware or fully functioning shareware)if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I already have a million and one programs that can rip dvds to mpeg format and that is where I'm stuck at, I need to actually burn a VCD not just make an mpeg file!!

ashy  2005-02-16 08:52:42 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Jaysus man you've done the main part, you've got your MPEG all it needs is burning.
If you wanns be lazy using all in ones programs will simply sacrifice quality.

What's the problem?
You've got your MPEG just bung it into nero and burn. A few minutes later you'll have your VCD.

TMPG simply creates the MPEG in the right format for VCD burning. If you've done it right then you'll have an MPEG which is VCD compatible.

Open NERO, select the VCD burning option load you MPEG in and burn. Simple as that. Now watch your VCD.

jimbus  2005-02-20 18:04:51 ( ID:mbuce3/w28r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To give a decent reply (without the unrelated answer from ashy) that actually relates to the request.

Most CD/RW and DVD/RW devices come with software that does just that.
Burns VDC's and/or DVD's. If not then there are alot of burning programs available commercially that can help you out. (only a few of the free programs are halfway decent at best, none worth mentioning)

Try a search on the Internet for these:
Roxio , A good 2nd best program
Nero, the #1 burning program
These are the best burners, but beware of Nero. It has built-in adware inserted into your Internet Explorer or Netscape program.

There are no decent "all in one" programs, although Roxios Easy CD Creator does come close, you will sacrifice alot of time to use it and the file will come out alot bigger than expected.

ashy  2005-02-20 19:29:53 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>These are the best burners, but beware of Nero. It has built-in adware inserted into your Internet Explorer or Netscape program.

Since when?
I've been using it for years and not noticed any.

>There are no decent "all in one" programs, although Roxios Easy CD Creator does come close, you will sacrifice alot of time to use it and the file will come out alot bigger than expected.

And the quality will be rubbish.

Question - TE30 - XDVD Bitrate Issues No.53402
cgulka  2005-02-15 15:26:10 ( ID:lydwe2zfgno )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I encode a file using the XDVD template using the bitrate suggested, I get a file that is much smaller than the projected size. When I use the DVD template it is right on. Can anyone tell me why I am not getting accurate file sizes with the XDVD template? I would love to be able to bump up the bitrate to get an even higher quality final product.

Question - TE25 - Making my mpeg2 smaller No.42877
Monkey  2005-02-15 08:23:54 ( ID:0jqiljuienm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i tried to encode my avi file, DivX 3 Low-Motion. The original avi file was 178Mb, but when i encode it to mpeg2 it turned to 1.4Gb. My settings were ;

size : 720 x 480 pixels
aspect ration : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps (internally 29.97fps)
Rate control mode : 2-pass VBR (VBR)
Average bitrate : 2500 kits/sec
Max bitrate : 9000 kits/sec
Mini bitrate : 0 kits/sec
Max pass : 2 pass (old types)

Encode mode : 3:2 pulldown when playback
YUV formant: 4:2:0

Are there anyway that i can make the encoding smaller?? around 700Mb?? i dont mind losing the qulity... Can nice kind person tell me what settings should i but in...

*Cheers

ashy  2005-02-16 09:00:29 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forget about the size of the AVI, it's irrelevent.
How long is it?
As far as I can see for an AVI which is of only 178MB it must be low quality. Your MPEG settings are way too high. Why 9000Kb/s. That's just too high for a low quality source.

Create a SVCD and drop your max bitrate right down, however I can't help you any further with settings until I now the stats of the AVI.

Monkey  2005-02-16 18:54:43 ( ID:e1pitlbdvng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

nah the video is only 23mins lng... i think i found out why..somehow i have 40mins of blank space... why is that???

Question - TE25 - error message No.42875
KED  2005-02-15 05:07:51 ( ID:wwluptk.arh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI, I get a "" Can't load "p3package.dll"" message when i click start when encoding. What's this mean? Thanx in advance.

ashy  2005-02-16 09:00:55 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Answered.

Question - TDA1 - Missing P3Package.dll No.49347
kle1  2005-02-15 03:49:35 ( ID:.t2yyuxd81h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When trying to convert a file I get "Unable to load P3Package.dll" error message. I am a newbie can antone help as I don't know what this is referring to. It has happened on to files so far.

Question - TDA1 - How to make minor change in authored DVD? No.49345
djohn  2005-02-15 03:16:27 ( ID:cbixufgjer6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so I make up my DVD. Let TDA author the dvd. This can take 40 mins up to 3.5 hours depending on the source video. Burn to disk, check, then find I want to make a change.

How do I make a minor , say spelling correction, and not re-author the dvd?

Thanks,

-j

Sakuya  2005-02-27 05:30:40 ( ID:njjiivtkzsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think that's allowed. You must get it all correct and author or you will have to do it again. When it authors, it merges everything into VOBs so you cannot edit anything on the menus. But I'm not so sure about track titles.

Question - TE25 - Settings are ignored No.42862
paracelsus  2005-02-14 16:38:23 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi board,

recently I muxed A/V-streams with TMPGEnc's "Multiplexer"-MPEG-Tool (where I can change no quality settings) and received a file of size 4.656.325 KB. I noticed that this was only 48.325 KB too large to be burned on a data DVD and thus planned to remux it (had already deleted the original stream files) with a little lower quality. So, I demuxed the file and made several attempts with TMPGEnc (now the usual project window where I hoped to be able to change settings). The following is what I tried:

Version: 2.521.58.169
CQ 65, min 2000, max 8000
CQ 65, min 2000, max 6000
CQ 50, min 2000, max 6000
2Pass-VBR, avr 4780, min 2000, max 6000
CBR, 4300

Version 2.524.63.181
CQ 100, min 2000, max 5500

Now, guess what. ALL of the above settings resulted in a file of exactly 4.656.325 KB in size!

This leads me to the conclusion, that the settings I changed are simply ignored. I can not believe that just by accident all the different settings and even methods (CQ, VBR, CBR) lead to exactly the same file size.

Any hints on why this might happen?

Best regards

Rolf

ashy  2005-02-14 23:07:49 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is it MPEG1 or MPEG2?
What do you mean 4.325 KB too large?
Do you mean 48,325 KB (48MB)?
48.325 is less than a megabyte.

Also you've got me confused, or yourself, with this muxing and demuxing business.

Do you mean you planned to re-encode the file with a lower bitrate? You can't remux an MPEG with a lower bitrate.

Also this statement has me confused:
>So, I demuxed the file and made several attempts with TMPGEnc (now the usual >project window where I hoped to be able to change settings).

Demuxed what? The MPEG? Why did you demux it, to do what with it, re-encode it?

If I'm right in thinking your MPEG was only 48MB too big then why didn't you just re-encode the audio to a lower bitrate then re-multiplex with the video?

If it still was too large then trim a little from the end with the MPEG tools.

paracelsus  2005-02-15 00:39:04 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What is it MPEG1 or MPEG2?

It is MPEG2.

>What do you mean 4.325 KB too large?
>Do you mean 48,325 KB (48MB)?
>48.325 is less than a megabyte.

In my original post I can still read "48.325 KB too large" which is what I'm talking about.

>Do you mean you planned to re-encode the file with a lower bitrate? You can't remux an MPEG with a lower bitrate.

You are right, sorry, I intermixed the expressions. To lower the file size of course I tried to reencode.

>Demuxed what? The MPEG? Why did you demux it, to do what with it, re-encode it?

I demuxed the MPEG-file to get separate A/V-stream-files again and to reencode them.

>If I'm right in thinking your MPEG was only 48MB too big then why didn't you just re-encode the audio to a lower bitrate then re-multiplex with the video?

Well, to be honest this opportunity didn't come to me. But anyhow, why - with a file of appr. 4,5GB which is only about 48MB too big should I severely drop audio-quality throughout the whole movie? And - on the other hand - I would have used TMPGEnc as well to reencode audio. Would my change of settings work in this case where it did have no effect on the video stream?

>If it still was too large then trim a little from the end with the MPEG tools.

I can not trim any second from the movie because the original show already has been cut from commercials and ends with the last frame of the show.

Of course I can use other tools to reencode the MPEG to a lower bitrate to fit it on a DVD. But my questions remains: How can it be that arbitrary settings in encoding with TMPGEnc always lead to exactly the same file size (of course I did not enable padding).

Thanks for your interest in my problem

Rolf

ashy  2005-02-15 16:49:08 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>In my original post I can still read "48.325 KB too large" which is what I'm >talking about.

Hang on, so let me get this straight. You're actually saying the file is only 48.323KB too large or to round it up 49KB which is 1/20th of a megabyte?

Do you realise how small that actually is?

>But anyhow, why - with a file of appr. 4,5GB which is only about 48MB too big >should I severely drop audio-quality throughout the whole movie?

Now your saying the file is 48MB in contradiction to your above statement.
Also what makes you think you will need to severely drop the audio quality. It all depends on the bitrate you are using in the first place. I regularly drop the audio bitrate down to 128Kb/s without any noticible loss in quality if I have to.

>Of course I can use other tools to reencode the MPEG to a lower bitrate to >fit it on a DVD. But my questions remains: How can it be that arbitrary >settings in encoding with TMPGEnc always lead to exactly the same file size
>(of course I did not enable padding).

What does the project wizard say the output file size will be?
Please list the settings you are using.

paracelsus  2005-02-15 18:45:44 ( ID:epaebkz4gxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Ashy,

I did not notice the different decimal sign (like you indicated in the first place). O.k., now it's clear to me too :-) The file is 48,325KB too big.

>Also what makes you think you will need to severely drop the audio quality. It all depends on the bitrate you are using in the first place. I regularly drop the audio bitrate down to 128Kb/s without any noticible loss in quality if I have to.

The original audio-stream-file (mpa) is encoded with 384kbs and I would not like to go down to 128kbs.

>What does the project wizard say the output file size will be?
>Please list the settings you are using.

Well, I can not use the wizard because there the mpa- and m2v-file are not accepted ("Invalid video/audio source"). Whereas when I use simply the main window I can load the files as Video- and Audio-source. I choose an output-file and to create a system-stream. Then I loaded the DVD(PAL)-setting and changed CQ-values, encoding-methods and bitrates there (according to my first post) but left anything other unchanged from default.

Regards
Rolf

ashy  2005-02-16 09:12:00 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>The original audio-stream-file (mpa) is encoded with 384kbs and I would not like to go down to 128kbs.

What is it 2 channel MPEG audio or AC3?
If it's 2 channel MPEG then there is little point in it being 384Kb/s. If it's been dowmixed to 2 channel Dolby pro logic then this only requires a bitrate of 192Kb/s. There will be no loss in quality.

>Well, I can not use the wizard because there the mpa- and m2v-file are not accepted ("Invalid video/audio source"). Whereas when I use simply the main window I can load the files as Video- and Audio-source. I choose an output-file and to create a system-stream. Then I loaded the DVD(PAL)-setting and changed CQ-values, encoding-methods and bitrates there (according to my first post) but left anything other unchanged from default.

Your saying the exact same files won't be accepted in the wizard yet they will in the main window?
Which one, video or audio or both?
Where did you obtain these files from?

paracelsus  2005-02-16 17:33:07 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What is it 2 channel MPEG audio or AC3?
>If it's 2 channel MPEG then there is little point in it being 384Kb/s. If it's been dowmixed to 2 channel Dolby pro logic then this only requires a bitrate of 192Kb/s. There will be no loss in quality.

It is 2 channel MPEG. Reducing from 384kbs to 192kbs would result in appr. 180MB less file size, going down to 128kbs would free 240MB. So - if quality is still o.k. - in this particular case it would work out this way. But in general I of course would like to use the encoding possibilities of TMPGEnc :-)

>Your saying the exact same files won't be accepted in the wizard yet they will in the main window?

Yes, this is what I'm experiencing.

>Which one, video or audio or both?
I can describe exactly what happens. In Project Wizard I choose "DVD PAL"-Format with CBR MP2 Audio-encoding. Now when on the next page I browse for the m2v-file I receive the message "Invalid video source", when I browse for the mpa-file I get "Invalid audio source". When I try to drag-n-drop the video file to the applet I get "File '...' can not open, or unsupported", when I drag the audio file I get "The order number 12 was not found in DLL 'mcmpgdec.dll'" and after that "Invalid audio source" again. Whereas with browsing the "Invalid"-messages come up at once with dragging it takes up to 10secs before the messages appear.

>Where did you obtain these files from?
Originally A/V-files had been demuxed from a dvr-ms-file with XMuxer. I edited them and tried to reencode and remux with TMPGEnc. When I noticed that the resulting mpeg-file was too big I demuxed it with TMPGEnc. This led to the A/V-files I'm experimenting with currently.

Regards
Rolf

paracelsus  2005-02-16 18:59:33 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Btw, one addendum:

I now tried to encode with default video settings (CQ65, min2000, max 8000) and with audio bitrate set to 192kbs. Result: Exactly as before, so this setting had no effect too.

It seems to me as if no encoding takes place at all but simple muxing of the m2v/mpa-files.

Regards
Rolf

ashy  2005-02-16 20:49:04 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm... how long does it actually take to encode the file and how are you actually trying to encode it?
Please put your steps here.

paracelsus  2005-02-16 21:04:27 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O.k., I try to be as exact as possible in my steps.

First, I have the two A/V-files (movie.m2v and movie.mpa).

I open TMPGEnc and in the main window browse for the video- and then for the audio-file. I select an output-filename (movie.mpg). I leave Stream type set to System (Video+Audio). Then I load the DVD(PAL)mcf-template. I open settings where I leave everything unchanged but under the "Video"-tab the Rate control mode: There I change CQ-value and Maxium/Minimum-Bitrate. Only in my last attempt I changed audio bitrate as well.

The (unchanged) video settings are:

Stream type = MPEG-2 Video
Size = 720x576
Aspect ratio = 4:3 Display
Frame rate = 25fps
VBV buffer size = 224
Profile & Level = MP@ML
Video format = PAL
Encode mode = Interlace
YUV format = 4:2:0
DC component precision = 9bits
Motion search precision = Motion estimate search

I close the settings dialogue and press "Start". Encoding takes about 15-20 min. During processing I can see no status bar and only the value of "Elapsed time" is changing, "Remaing time" and "Source position" remain unchanged as 00:00:00.

Afterwards I get the movie.mpg-file with always exactly the same size.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Rolf

ashy  2005-02-16 22:57:10 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is as you have diagnosed. TMPG is NOT encoding.
It would take much longer. You would also be able to see the encoding taking place in the preview.

I have seen this before.
TMPG cannot decode neither your video nor your audio files, so it is simply re-muxing the 2 together. This is why you cannot load them into the wizard and hence why the file size is always the same, you've just made an exact copy...LOL.

You will need to install an MPEG2 codec to decode the MPEG and also I think that your audio is incompatible or it is infact AC3.
Either way you will need to convert it to a wav first or simply encode the video portion only and then just mux the audio with the video after encoding. There is little point in re-encoding the audio anyway if it is the right format already.

The MPEG2 codec below should be suitable for decoding your MPEG2 file.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.51.lzh

This should allow you to load your file into the project wizard and begin re-encoding the file instead of just muxing it.

paracelsus  2005-02-16 23:45:20 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

O.k., this makes it a little bit clearer to me.

Well, during searching this board I already had installed the m2v-vfp-0.6.51-Plugin and raised it's priority to 6, one time I even unchecked all other plugins. Up to now this had no effect on TMPGEnc's behaviour.

I think I will try to install some other mpeg2-codecs. At least I can easily check out via the project wizard if TMPGEnc is able to decode my A/V-files.

But one question related: Of course I can play back the m2v- and mpa-files on my computer, so I think there must be some codecs that are installed already and used by e.g. Windows Mediaplayer. But obviously TMPGEnc can not use these codecs. Do they have to support VFAPI? This might be a dead end because the original encoding was done as dvr-ms (Microsoft) which uses mpeg2-encoding as well but is proprietary nearly for sure...

Regards
Rolf

paracelsus  2005-02-17 02:03:48 ( ID:nage4qirlgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now, I think the problem is solved.

Firstly I used a MS tool (Video Decoder Checkup Utility) which shows you all registered video decoders and encoders on your XP-system. It also can define one of them as preferred for the OS. None was marked as preferred and I choose Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder since this one is registered to VFAPI in TMPGEnc too.

Next I set priority of Cyberlink MPEG Decoder in the VFAPI-settings to +2.

I'm not sure if the first step was necessary but anyhow - I'm glad with it. Now I'm doing my first testing on REALLY encoding with TMPGEnc :-)

Many thanks four your helpo ashy and so long

Regards
Rolf

Question - TE25 - Avi file cant open or unsupported...possible solution No.42856
kasper  2005-02-14 14:24:36 ( ID:xf0dq5bmyma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I changed computers and was getting the "avi file can't open or file type unsupported" message on the new computer. I had tried every tip I could find on here to no avail. Then I stumbled across this article and followed the steps, and the problem was solved! Now all of my avi files are opening with no problem. Anyway, just wanted to share in case it could help someone else!
(The article refers to Windows Media Player, but fixed my problem for both MP and TMPGenc)
http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/10453.aspx

ashy  2005-02-14 22:48:22 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So what did you actually do that hasn't already been mentioned before on this board?

mavo  2005-02-14 23:33:40 ( ID:uvuv//91q3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In spite of playing with priorities, I am also unable to open two avi videos (divx) that play perfectly in windows media player. I get the usual mesage "cannot open or unsupported"...

So would anyone be so kind as to give detailled hints to solve the problem? Thanks.

mavo  2005-02-15 22:22:56 ( ID:miw5hrlrker )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just to give some feedback:

I resolved the issue by installing ffdshow AND by playing with priority settings.
Of course, since I had never heard of ffdshow before, I didn't know how to search for it. So I only found this solution by chance AND reading about it here THEREAFTER.

ashy  2005-02-16 09:17:23 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Typing "cannot open or unsupported" would have got you the answer a 1000 times over.

kasper  2005-02-17 22:40:47 ( ID:xf0dq5bmyma )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had installed ffdshow and divx codec and it still wasn't working, changed priority settings, etc. It was the Gspot codec software that helped me by telling me exactly what codec I needed installed.

Question - TE25 - Error Message No.42854
suzieqsuz  2005-02-14 04:02:29 ( ID:.m9j40lpryl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert an avi to a dvd NTSC 704x480. I notice that when I populate the video file line, it doesn't populate the audio line automatically like it does for all the other files. When I try to add it manually, it won't let me. When I try to do any conversion, either ES or System video/audio, it gives me an error message of "Indes of scan line is out of range (352)". I looked in the properties of the file and it lists the following information.
Audio: Bit rate - 128kbps, Audio sample size - 16 bit, Audio format - MPEG Layer - 3
Video: Frame rate - 25 frames/second, Data rate - 144kbps, Video sample size - 24 bit, Video compression - XVID.
Is there anyone who can help me with this file? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you.
Suzie

ashy  2005-02-14 22:46:21 ( ID:k9h6gdv/wof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Install the Radium MP3 codec and all should be fine http://mst3k.booyaka.com/video/tools/ra-codec12.zip

Question - TE25 - This is nice No.42852
Monkey  2005-02-12 05:21:30 ( ID:ncrq3mzfwbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just have to say this i looked into some of the posts and i jsut have to say...

ashy u have been a great help... :D

ashy  2005-02-12 10:16:16 ( ID:xokv4ugpkyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks..

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.