Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 308 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Works great. Have on cd. Now it comes up slow. CLick on browse it freezes and doesnt respond Jen 2 2004-11-15 04:28:28
Question TE25 Everytime I try to press Browse for Video it doesn't respond Jen 0 2004-11-14 06:26:59
Question TE25 mpeg-2 file trial period has expired jan 1 2004-11-14 14:22:42
Request TE25 No Sound Jay1b 2 2004-11-14 14:21:43
Question TE30 TMPGEnc XPress reads wrong audio from MPG file w3tno 0 2004-11-11 02:16:41
Question TE25 pal to ntsc mickC 2 2004-11-10 23:20:06
Question TE25 Is it possible to make MPEG that play on a digital camera? homerj 5 2004-12-13 15:35:30
Question TE25 set CBR bitrate over 8mbs? wonder girl 2 2004-11-09 17:46:31
Question TDA1 can I copy protect dvd with mpeg author? insocmed 2 2004-11-08 09:13:15
Request TDA1 Option to allow tracks to have still picture gallery. wile_e 0 2004-11-05 21:41:54
Question TE25 How to author DVD from TMPGenc files Rob Sgarlata 1 2004-11-06 23:57:53
Question TE25 VCD to DVD Encoding GB 1 2004-11-06 23:57:08

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 308 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Works great. Have on cd. Now it comes up slow. CLick on browse it freezes and doesnt respond No.42508
Jen  2004-11-14 07:58:49 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have TmpegInc 2.56.39.143-Free. Awhile back I have put it on a cd. And I've been using it for 2 years now from the cd and it opens and works fine. and all of sudden now I try clicking on it and it comes up very slow and then when I click browse it freezes up and stops responding. PLEASE HELP!

ashy  2004-11-14 14:09:40 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why are you using it from a CD? The actual program is quite small.
Anyway I'm surprised you have ever been able to use it from a CD as TMPG needs access to HDD space for it's temp files and for it's config files.
It will freeze because it cannot write or correctly access it's config files.

TMPG always opens the the last location that a source was loaded when run. This location is stored in TMPG's config files in it's folder. With these config files being on your CD it is impossible for TMPG to open the last location as it won't actually exist.

jen  2004-11-15 04:28:28 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

nevermind now. I got it to work. I think I didn't let my whole cd load yet. Yeah its worked for me for along time off the cd without being on my hardrive. ^.~

Question - TE25 - Everytime I try to press Browse for Video it doesn't respond No.42507
Jen  2004-11-14 06:26:59 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Everytime I open up TMPG E.n 2.56.34.143. I click the option of I want for the video. Then whe I try inputting the file clicking on Browse it stops responding

Question - TE25 - mpeg-2 file trial period has expired No.42505
jan  2004-11-13 22:39:20 ( ID:aurnahzymkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone tell me where I can enter the serialnumber in tmpg that the expired mpeg2 file is available again ? or do I have to do an other step ?

many thanks
jan

ashy  2004-11-14 14:22:42 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Download TMPGenc plus not the free version.

Request - TE25 - No Sound No.42502
Jay1b  2004-11-11 09:58:07 ( ID:rfyk3zw70br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have previously used TMPGEnc to convert a video file to VCD (i believe it was an avi). This was about 2 years now. I tried to repeat the process last night and it worked fine, except there was no sound in the mpg. I cant find the tutorial i used before to do learn how to do this.

Could someone please give me a few hints at why this could be?

Thanks.

pohtato  2004-11-14 05:57:28 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi i used tmpgenc 2.521 to encode (from avi to mpeg/vcd), i also have this problem. the output has no sound. why?

ashy  2004-11-14 14:21:43 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio is likely either VBR MP3 or AC3.
For VBR MP3 or AC3 extract the audio to a WAV first or alternatively for AC3 audio only download the 'AC3 ACM decompressor'.

Question - TE30 - TMPGEnc XPress reads wrong audio from MPG file No.53354
w3tno  2004-11-11 02:16:41 ( ID:krkevgxfskg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to get a video clip from a DVD. I use TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to read the DVD and create an MPG file containg video and audio. Windows Media Player plays this file OK, with the correct audio track. When I load the MPG file into TMPGEnc XPress and then cut-edit the file, I find that the audio that is played while in the editor and is written to the output file is the track which contains comments by the film actors and directors. I know the main audio channel is present in the input file because Win Media Player plays it correctly.

How do I specify the desired input audio channel to XPress?

Question - TE25 - pal to ntsc No.42499
mickC  2004-11-09 23:24:38 ( ID:xfsxos4uu8f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FAO - Ashy.

Hi, Ihave read quite a few posts on converting pal-ntsc, and as you say a standalone player can play both formats, but thats providing there're region free. So If I wanted to play a pal DVD in Canada, the player could play it but the TV would need to be multi-region or not? As i have multi region tv, so i can set it NTSC, then play region free NTSC DVD's ! is this right or do they need to be re-encoded?. My reason is my uncle in canada had dvd's given as gifts whilst visitin here(UK) but never thought about them being PAL region2. And had asked if I could re-encode the films.
Thanks for any help. Will keep checking my post.
MickC.

ashy  2004-11-10 21:27:44 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your player is not multiregion then it won't play Region 2 PAL disks.
However if it is mutiregion then as long as your TV can accept a PAL signal then there should be np problem.
Many DVD players can be made mutiregion if they are not already by just using the remote control and keying in a code.

However if the is not and cannot be made multiregion then the only option is to rip the DVD to your HDD and strip the region coding from the DVD and then burn the movie on to a DVDR.

This can be done quickly and simply with a program called Smartripper.
The only problem is that in most cases you won't be able fit the whole of the DVD's contents on the DVDR.
Usually you can fit the movie only on the DVDR without re-encoding.

If losing the Menu's and extra features doesn't bother you then use Smartripper to rip the movie only to your HDD and then burn it to DVDR and it should then play fine on your DVD player.

As an alternative there is an excellant program called 'DVD shrink' which will very quickly compress the whole of the DVD to fit a regular DVDR. It will rip the DVD, strip the region coding and encode it and then, if required burn it too and best of all is free.

mickC  2004-11-10 23:20:06 ( ID:hpcr0yclyn2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanx for quick reply,
I do have the films myself (region free PAL) copied with DVD Decrypter, as they were already ripped by others. So if My uncle's TV will except the PAL signal, I could just send him a copy of them I guess! If not I would need to do the encode thing with pulldown2/3 etc. to change to NTSC?
I will find out.
Thanx again Ashy.

MickC

Question - TE25 - Is it possible to make MPEG that play on a digital camera? No.42493
homerj  2004-11-09 17:00:03 ( ID:7q6iwptz7ro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I was wondering if it's possible to use TMPGEnc to create an MPEG file simillar to the MPEGs that digital cameras produce.

With some digital cameras (like sony cybershot series), you can also capture a short clip and store it on the camera's memory card. later you can connect the camera to a TV and watch the clip. or watch the clip on the lcd display of the camera. Now if it was possible to encode movies and put them on the camera, the camera would work like a tiny video player.

just to clearify, my question is about "Picture digital camera" (NOT camcorders)

in case anybody is interested, you can download a sample clip from the actual camera here: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_p50-review/

ashy  2004-11-09 17:38:05 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It depends on whether you are able to download data from your PC to the memory card.

homerj  2004-11-10 01:12:45 ( ID:ab.yjmdmsir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Copying the movie back to the camera is easy. When you connect the camera to the pc, it will be seen as a new drive on the pc and you can move the files to/from it.
I tried to encode a few clips with same resolution as the mpegs from the camera. and copy them back to the camera. but the camera says they are not compatible and won't play them.

ashy  2004-11-10 21:12:37 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to find out the specs of the MPEG's your camera creates.
I think they will likely be MPEG4 not MPEG1 or 2.
Most cameras I have seen create Quicktime files in .mov format which is a form of MPEG4.

Something like GSPOT will tell you info about the file or one I prefer is http://www.freecodecs.net/files/Media_Info_0.4.0.1.zip
The things you need to consider for the camera to accept the file is the format, I.E. MPEG4/Quicktime, the resolution and the frame rate, also the audio format will likely play a part in it too.

You need to find out the exact specs of the files your camera creates and match the above parameters with your own files.

homerj  2004-11-11 07:10:34 ( ID:ab.yjmdmsir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you Ashy for the suggestion.
This is what I got when I checked an mpeg file created by the camera, with MediaInfo:

General
Complete name : D:DigitalCameraMOV00139.MPG
File size : 287 KB
Format : MPEG 1 multiplexer
Overal bitrate : 183 KBps
PlayTime : 12s 840ms
Video #0
Codec : MPEG Video 1
Bit rate mode : VBR
Width : 160
Height : 112
Aspect ratio : 4/3
Frame rate : 25
Audio #0
Codec : MPEG Audio 1 layer 2
Bit rate : 32 KBps
Channels : 1
Sampling rate : 32 KHz

I set everything in TMPGEnc according to it and encode a short clip. but the resulting mpeg file didn't play on the camera.

Next, I opened the original mpeg with Virtualdub and this is what it reports in "File Information"

-- Video track ---------------------
# of frames (time) : 324(0:12)
Number of I,P,and B frames : 108/216/0
I-frame min/avg/max/total frame size : 951/1885/2304/(199K)
P-frame min/avg/max/total frame size : 19/19/19 (5K)
B-frame min/avg/max/total frame size : (no B-frame)
Average bitrate : 129 Kbps (16B/s)
-- Audio track ---------------------
Format : 32KHz mono, 32Kbps layer II
# of frames : 360
Total size : 51K

As you can see, the mpeg has no B-frame.
Also the value for "P-frame min/avg.." is 19/19/19. I checked a few other clips from the camera and in all of them the value for "P-frame .." is the always the same (i.e 19)

I played arround with settings in TMPGEnc (specialy in "GOP structure" tab) but couldn't find the right settings to create such an mpeg file. So I guess my question is how do I set it up? or if it's even possible to create an mpeg like this with TMPGEnc?

Christina  Home )  2004-12-13 15:35:30 ( ID:yx0yodoqnrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use these settings to get the picture right on my TV (Samsung 28"):
Center(custom size): 640x520

Question - TE25 - set CBR bitrate over 8mbs? No.42490
wonder girl  2004-11-07 18:21:44 ( ID:kwhp/iwglqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is the absolute best, slowest settings for encoding AVI for eventual mastering to DV? Disc space and waiting time is not an issue.

I can't seem to set the bitrate over 8000 in CBR. Is there a way to bypass that?

wonder girl

B_Racer  2004-11-08 09:10:45 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use CQ-Mode (Constant Quality VBR).

Max = 9600 - Audio-Bitrate
Min = around 4000-6000
Q=74-85

ashy  2004-11-09 17:46:31 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing or why you are encoding AVI to MPEG and then to DV, but you're obviously using one of the DVD templates to create your output which is limiting the max bitrate.

Just unlock the settings after loading the template. Click the 'Load' button the navigate to the 'Extra' folder in the 'Template' folder.
In the 'Extra' folder double click the 'Unlock.mcf'

Question - TDA1 - can I copy protect dvd with mpeg author? No.49275
insocmed  2004-11-06 00:03:31 ( ID:kwhp/iwglqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can make a copy protected dvd with mpeg author?

I am using orginal dv footage, edited in premiere,

encoded in free TMPGenc

authored in mpeg author

I want to make it copy protected

thanks!

wile_e  2004-11-07 06:26:52 ( ID:9u/evaatkmn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

MPEG editor is just for editing. It doesn't have copy protection option. TMPGENC DVD Author also does not have the option. Maybe in a future version?

B_Racer  2004-11-08 09:13:15 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't use Copy-Protection (CSS) on DVD-R/+R. It's a Hardware-Issue.

Request - TDA1 - Option to allow tracks to have still picture gallery. No.49274
wile_e  2004-11-05 21:41:54 ( ID:3jityvgcqdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some commerical DVD's have still pictures(BMP/JPG), like a picture gallery. The menu would have back/forward buttons to select different pictures to view.

I would like to have this option in a future version of DVD Author. Currently the only way to add pictures, is to make them the background picture of a Track Menu. But when you do this, each track also needs a video file. I would like to add pictures and view them, without having to add a video file for that track. Thanks...

Question - TE25 - How to author DVD from TMPGenc files No.42488
Rob Sgarlata  2004-11-05 21:31:52 ( ID:zt7.yduknkr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After using TMPGEnc to encode an .avi so I can burn a DVD I have two files, one for the video and a .wav file for the audio. When I try to load these into Nero to burn a video DVD it recognizes the video file but not the audio file. How can I author a DVD in Nero from a TMPGEnc encoded file?

ashy  2004-11-06 23:57:53 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Author with 'TMPGenc DVD author' first.

Question - TE25 - VCD to DVD Encoding No.42486
GB  2004-11-05 19:36:22 ( ID:z7m.k8zuxsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I transcode a VCD or SVCD movie to DVD?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

ashy  2004-11-06 23:57:08 ( ID:jitozw1gquh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No point in transcoding a VCD as it's already DVD compatible. Just needs authoring with TMPGENC DVD author.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.