Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 317 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 VOB (standalone recorder) => VCD conversion problems Gislaved 9 2004-10-04 11:12:01
Question TE25 AVI won't load BwanaP 1 2004-09-21 22:34:11
Question TE25 O KB Video Files JTY 1 2004-09-21 08:25:09
Question TME1 Why not synchronous between audio and video ntcmlee 1 2004-09-27 11:17:59
Question TE30 Half-speed audio on AVI import Andy 2 2004-09-21 09:30:58
Question TE30 Choosing Audio Track Mike 0 2004-09-20 03:38:39
Question TE25 splitting with tmpg thebutcher 1 2004-09-28 19:30:58
Question TE25 License question Renegade 1 2004-09-17 11:59:48
Question TE25 large file thebutcher 6 2004-09-22 06:45:01
Question TDA1 Ac3 Wont Work Niaboc 1 2004-10-14 10:21:06
Question TE30 Mr firestorm445 1 2004-10-03 15:35:17
Question TE25 frame rate/ audio synch Bully 5 2004-09-19 16:23:54

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 317 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - VOB (standalone recorder) => VCD conversion problems No.42306
Gislaved  2004-09-23 12:08:56 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a standalone dvd recorder and I'm trying to make VCD files from the VOB's recorded.
TMPGEnc2.59 give me the error message: can not open file or are unsupported.
I have done this a million times before and it has worked.
Info:
Recorder - LiteOn 5005
Disc - FUJI DVD+RW and -RW (tested both and also tested open and closing the discs)

Does the recorder burn the files differently than regular commercial DVD's?
Does anyone else have these problems with other recorders?

Any info is greatly appretiated.

Gislaved  2004-09-23 12:12:41 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forgot to mention that when trying to open the VOB's with DVD Author it works.

But I want to make VCD out of my VOB's...

ashy  2004-09-23 17:39:36 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install an MPEG2 codec.
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.48.lzh

gislaved  2004-09-24 06:30:35 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've already done that.
I can use TMPGEnc for all DVD's I have, but the ones made by my recorder.
I'm a little bit puzzled over this since the discs made by my last recorder SONY GX-3R (or something like that) worked just fine.

The strange thing is that even if I rip my recorded disc to my harddrive and work from there I still get error messages and that should mean that there's no wrong in the choice of brand of the DVD+RW.
Something in the VOB's are not right...

My friend has Ulead DVD Workshop 2 and I went to him knowing that WS2 converts VOB's to mpg's while importing them to the program. I took home the newly created mpg files and TMPGEnc can't convert the mpg's either which shold suggest that the VOB's/mpg's really isn't valid files.

The strange thing is that all DVD players that I've put the recorded discs it works just fine. Not one has rejected any disc and that should suggest that the files indeed are valid...

Is there something I'm missing?

ashy  2004-09-24 20:59:06 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok you say you have installed an MPEG2 codec, which one?
It may work with most files, but some codecs don't understand the format you are trying to import which is why I suggest you try the codec I have linked to. It is highly compatible with TMPG and will decode most MPEG2 files and is particularly good with VOBS.

If in the event it still doesn't work the try demuxing your files first with the MPEG tools.

Gislaved  2004-09-25 23:09:26 ( ID:e2gnkl2i9lk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the codecs you've linked to and I'm gonna try to demuxing the files as soon as I can. (Not at home for the moment).
I'll let you know...

Gislaved  2004-09-28 07:07:24 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No problems in demuxing the files. However, I can still not use the created files to make a vcd for example. I get invalid file bot if I try to encode the m2v file or the new mpg file...

Handy  2004-09-28 19:21:40 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem and it turned out to be Window file permission problem for me. Make sure it is the same Window user that DVD2AVI the VOBs and TMPGEnc the d2v or avi files.

My problem was I logged in as user1 and created vcd.d2v using DVD2AVI, and then when I logged off and logged in as user2 and tried to open the vcd.d2v in TMPGEnc, I got this file not supported problem.

While you login, just re-do the DVD2AVI part and TMPGEnc should read the .d2v no problem.

Gislaved  2004-09-30 06:14:41 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have now checked up on this recorder and from everything I have read and asked in multiple forums the conclusion is that the LiteOn 5005 files cannot generally be edited in TMPGEnc. DVD Author ok, but not TMPEnc.
LiteOn has their own structure within the vob's that are not standard according to several persons.

Therefore I have exchanged my recorder but I'd thought I'd write this to inform others with the same problems.

The most compatible recorder brands from a editing-in-a-computer point of view, is sony and jvc from what I have read.

Gislaved  2004-10-04 11:12:01 ( ID:k78ugi2budr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought a Sony RDR-GX300 and it works perfectly.
TMPGEnc has no problems whatsoever with the vobs
produced by the GX300.
GREEEEAAT!

Question - TE25 - AVI won't load No.42304
BwanaP  2004-09-21 12:09:48 ( ID:zrs24zhducn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try opening a couple particular avi files, I got an error about parsing. I get something similar with virtualdub, says no dvsd decoder found. But gspot indicates that I do have several DV codecs installed. These avi's are created from my studio 8 program. Whats going on?

I tried converting to type 2 DV, but the program said it is not type 1 (must already be type 2). These files play in realone and windows. I can also open avis in tmpgenc that were downloaded from web.

ashy  2004-09-21 22:34:11 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try raising the priority of the 'Open DML file reader' in the VFAPI plugins until it is top of the list.

Question - TE25 - O KB Video Files No.42302
JTY  2004-09-21 00:35:24 ( ID:0r/9uvsgqxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a bit of a problem with a couple of my .avi files, dunno what to do. Basically some of my video files that have previously worked have suddenly stopped working and are registering as having a size of 0 bytes, this has so far happened to four of my files with apparently no remedy insight thought i'd check out if anybody had heard of the problem or the solution

ashy  2004-09-21 08:25:09 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are we talking about the source files or the output files that are 0kb. If it's the source files where did you obtain them from and what do you mean registering, do you mean in windows or TMPG?

If windows is telling you they are 0KB have you tried letting windows scan your HDD for errors?
If windows says these AVI's are 0KB then I would tend to believe it.

Question - TME1 - Why not synchronous between audio and video No.54277
ntcmlee  2004-09-20 14:17:16 ( ID:0yptamr8lir )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All,

After my two mpeg files are merged together to have a single video file by using tmpgenc software, I find that the audio and the video are not synchronous but the audio lag behind for about 5 seconds, Why? Kindly please give me solution, many thanks

Regards,
Simon

B_Racer  2004-09-27 11:17:59 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Let me guess: Your two Files are from SVCD, right?

Question - TE30 - Half-speed audio on AVI import No.53306
Andy  2004-09-20 09:54:11 ( ID:9x.qepjut6w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have just downloaded the trial version of TMGPEnc Express and I am having problems at the very first stage of use:

When I (successfully) import an AVI into a new project it plays the audio at half-speed although the video is fine. You can also hear a constant high-pitch whistle indicating the the audio sample speed has been reduced. I must stress that this is before I have performed *any* work on the file. I have tried changing various options in the program, but with no effect.

The same AVI plays fine in Media Player and also other competitive encoding and authoring products. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Andy

B_Racer  2004-09-20 22:32:33 ( ID:uuwxt3imncn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have an AVI with VBR-Audio which TMPGEnc can't handle propperly.
Covert the Audio to WAV first by using VirtualDubMOD and Open the WAV as Audio-Source in TMPGEnc.

Andy  2004-09-21 09:30:58 ( ID:9x.qepjut6w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

B_Racer - many thanks for the suggestion, but I won't try it - simply because I have over 50 tapes to transfer and if I can't use the native features of Xpress without going through another 3rd party tool then it's going to take years. I'm going to try another product. EditStudio from PureMotion is looking good at the moment. Their support is absolutely first class.

Thanks again,
Andy

Question - TE30 - Choosing Audio Track No.53305
Mike  2004-09-20 03:38:39 ( ID:gwugiq7aita )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using TMPGEnc Express 3 to recompress .vob files. The problem I am having is that the director's track is encoding by default.

I can always use DVD2AVI to do this and add a process. But I would rather do it right in TMPGEnc if it can be done.

Does anyone know how to choose which audio track will be encoded from a .vob source?

Thank you,

Mike

Question - TE25 - splitting with tmpg No.42300
thebutcher  2004-09-18 01:19:57 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone explain in layman terms how to split a movie to go onto 2 cds it is a mpeg

Handy  2004-09-28 19:30:58 ( ID:/m9arpd.dfa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc: File | MPEG Tool | Merge & Cut | Add your mpeg file. Then double click the mpeg file and select the time range that you want to cut, put ouput file name, and then click Run. If you want to burn the output file as VCDs make sure the Type is selected as MPEG-1 VCD, not MPEG-1 automatic.

Question - TE25 - License question No.42298
Renegade  2004-09-17 06:10:44 ( ID:wdwlenhjrxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can this encoder be offered for free if each copy has a $2.50 royalty due on it to the MPEG LA? Can I create an MPEG 2 player as freeware? Is there some special arrangement with MPEG LA?

ashy  2004-09-17 11:59:48 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any software can offer MPEG2 encoding as long as it is for a limited period only.
TMPG fully complies with this law and offers only 30 days trial use of the MPEG2 encoding feature.
TMPG plus offers this feature for 14 days.

Question - TE25 - large file No.42291
thebutcher  2004-09-17 00:45:07 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to make a movie fit on 1 cd 827,355 adjusted bitrate was told to do this can some one plz tell me how to do this Start to finish

Sakuya  2004-09-17 06:33:08 ( ID:1iejbazj1k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can try this free Java bitrate calculator.

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

I think you should select "DivX" for Type at the top right. For CDs, select how much MB your CD-R has. Get your movie's time (if you have multiple movies, add them all together) and then add about 5 minutes more to it to ensure it fits. At the bottom where it says Calculated Bitrate, record that number. In TMPGEnc, select Constant Bitrate and then below that, put in your bitrate you just got.

ashy  2004-09-17 12:10:24 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is an easier way.
827,355 is about 808 MB.
You can easily overburn this on to an 80 min disk.
Most disks will allow at least 823MB of overburn.

Use Nero and in the preferences enable the overburning feature then just burn the disk as normal.
Nero will warn you that the file is larger than the capacity of the disk and will offer overburning. Just accept and continue.

the butcher  2004-09-17 16:11:18 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry my mistake 867,355 is the size which will not work with overburn

ashy  2004-09-17 19:44:34 ( ID:x30mq/laqi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have another option to reduce the size which may allow you to overburn.
Simply re-encode the audio only to 128 kb/s rather than 224kb/s and then mux with your video.
This should reduce the size enough.

thebutcher  2004-09-17 21:47:36 ( ID:iqphgatd0x. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a newb who has read to iam blue in the face yet i have no idea what you mean or how to do

SoccrStar  2004-09-22 06:45:01 ( ID:tpjv.x7h1xw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what he means is to split the movie to 2 streams (audio & video) and re-encode the audio to a smaller bitrate (128kbit) which will reduce the size than join the encoded audio back to the video and it should be small enough to fit

Question - TDA1 - Ac3 Wont Work No.49241
Niaboc  2004-09-16 23:50:14 ( ID:zth7.1nbfq. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I Installed The Ac3 Plugin But When I Goto The Options Enviromentals It Tells Me "Cannot Find The Dolby Digital Ac3 Encoder Installing The TMPGenc Sound Plugin In Ac3 Allows To Encode And Decode Dolby Digital Audio."

? What Am I Doing Wrong Or What Do I Need To Buy to Get This To Work?

B_Racer  2004-10-14 10:21:06 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which Versions of TDA and AC3-Plugin?
TDA 1.6 needs the newest Plugin

Question - TE30 - Mr No.53303
firestorm445  2004-09-16 20:51:20 ( ID:mc/aqw6eeqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when encoding to an MPEG VCD from WMV, the output file plays a second or two then pauses on one frame and then plays another few seconds and pauses again. it does this throughout the file. The audio is fine, it plays as normal, its just the video is screwed

raorao  2004-10-03 15:35:17 ( ID:8zuvl5msklf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What WMV file is it? To WMV gathered in the network, mostly, protection has started and cannot encode.

Question - TE25 - frame rate/ audio synch No.42285
Bully  2004-09-16 18:00:28 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi - can anyone please help?

I searched the forum and found instructions for changing the frame rate of an .avi (from 23.976 to 25 fps), which i did using vitualdub, avifrate, and goldwave (to shrink the length of the .wav file).

Anyway, i was left with a 25 fps .avi and a .wav file of exactly the same length, both being about 4% shorter than the original avi. I thought i'd done everthing right, but after multiplexing the two files in TMPGEnc, the new .mpg started perfectly, but slowly went out of synch, and after an hour or so, the audio was a few seconds behind the video. I tried multiplexing in virtualdub, but the resulting .avi had exactly the same problem.

ashy  2004-09-16 19:35:54 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to make sure that the length of the audio is infact the same length as the original video to begin with.
In your case it sounds as if the audio track was a tad longer than the the video track.

The best thing to do here is to cut about five seconds from the end of the movie with Virtualdub.
This will ensure that both video and audio are exactly the same length then do the procedure again.

Load the AVI and the new wav into Virtualdub to check for sync before encoding.

Another alternative is to use Wavworks.
Simply select 'Stretch/Compress' and load the original wav into Wavworks. Make sure the 'Change FPS' is set to 23.976 fps to 25 fps and then run it.

Again check the sync with VD.

Bully  2004-09-17 01:02:17 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - thanks very much for the response. I tried what you suggested - cut about 10 secs off the end of the original movie and did the whole procedure again ( i hope i understood you correctly), but i got the same result.

I could not find wavworks, but both goldwave and winamp tell me the shrunk .wav file is exactly the same length as the processed (23.976 to 25 fps).avi before i multiplex, yet the completed movie still goes slowly out of synch.

I'm assuming wavworks will only do what goldwave timewarp does? Any further thoughts?

Bully  2004-09-17 10:23:24 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy - thanks very much for the response. I tried what you suggested - cut about 10 secs off the end of the original movie and did the whole procedure again ( i hope i understood you correctly), but i got the same result.

I could not find wavworks, but both goldwave and winamp tell me the shrunk .wav file is exactly the same length as the processed (23.976 to 25 fps).avi before i multiplex, yet the completed movie still goes slowly out of synch.

I'm assuming wavworks will only do what goldwave timewarp does? Any further thoughts?

ashy  2004-09-17 11:46:12 ( ID:od.oqrlav66 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wavworks will do what Goldwave will do by shrinking or stretching the wav, but in a different way.
I suggest you try it. Check your email.
If it's still out of sync I will give some advice how to resync it with Wavworks.

One thing you need to check is the frame rate of the original. Make sure you put into Wavworks exactly the frame rate that Virtualdub states as the frame rate.

Bully  2004-09-19 16:23:54 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I ran wavworks and it worked really well. There was a very slight video lag this time by the end of the movie, but i muxed again and delayed the audio by 200ms, and it was acceptable all the way through. Then i converted using Tmpg and got a very smooth motion, which overcame the original problem of jerkyness. The time stretch operation was very much quicker than goldwave too.

I don't think the aspect ratio is quite right, but i can have a fiddle with Tmpg and see what i can do.

Again - many thanks.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.