Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 378 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPGEnc is adding extra noice Sarah 1 2004-01-19 04:12:49
Question TE25 Estimated File Size Is Too Big |ntruder 4 2004-01-20 00:44:49
Question TE25 30 days of testing expired within 1 hour ? ACDC 1 2004-01-17 19:10:02
Question TE25 how to customize output dimension jilesh 5 2004-01-21 05:47:36
Question TDA1 Will DVD Author allow me to... Bob Of Troy 1 2004-01-18 02:08:55
Question TE25 AVI to MPG - Top and bottom of video being slightly cutoff jjspierx 2 2004-01-17 11:35:39
Question TE25 AVI to MPG - strange problem jjspierx 7 2004-01-20 22:37:39
Question TE25 Completed VCD Hesitates at major scene changes Drayvan 3 2004-02-16 17:40:09
Question TE25 AVI to MPEG to VCD cuts picture Mika 2 2004-01-17 11:43:35
Question TE25 Completed VCD Hesitates at major scene changes Drayvan 5 2004-01-23 23:57:43
Question TDA1 AC3 plugin presales questions Joe C. Hecht 2 2004-02-04 16:04:06
Question TE25 Merge & Cut Problem Alphafly 2 2004-01-16 22:44:06

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 378 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc is adding extra noice No.40640
Sarah  2004-01-18 16:46:31 ( ID:brkpw6kc4bm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to convert a file in MPEG2-format to MPEG1, TMPGEnc always adds noice (a constant ringing sound) to the recording that isn't there in the original file. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know how to solve it.
I've tried with noice reduction, but it doesn't help. Probably because it is the program itself that puts the noice there in the first place.

Minion  2004-01-19 04:12:49 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Mean in the audio right?? Noise reduction is for the Video not the audio so it will not help..try this ,Before encodeing your files go to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Audio Engine" and under "Sample Frequency Converter" choose "High Quality"...this should hopefull improove the audio Quality...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Estimated File Size Is Too Big No.40635
|ntruder  Home )  2004-01-17 19:23:02 ( ID:c1s3dingsl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello all. I am trying to conver a XviD .avi file into a Video-CD (PAL). The audio and video are in 1 so thats that. I can play the file in Windows Media Player 9 perfectly fine. I use Video type: Non-interlace & aspect ratio as: 4:3 625 line (PAL). The MAX number of frames in GOP im using is 15. When i get onto the birate setting screen i get the following: http://www.suchco.co.uk/TMPGEnc.bmp <- screenshot. The video is only 43 minutes long. The .avi file is only 248 MB but why does it estimate is as 1.279 gig. When i converted some XviD's into .mpg's (VCD) a few weeks ago using TMPGEnc they were estimated at around 430 MB. Help would be much appreciated. Thanx

ashy  2004-01-17 23:16:23 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Looking at the image you posted it's obvious what the problem is.
TMPG thinks your file is 127min 54sec long instead of 43 mins.

This can happen sometimes with TMPG. A way round it is to enter the expert settings then in the 'source range' function set the beginning and end of the file.

Also to try and cure the root of the problem it is advisable to install FFDSHOW and raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' in the VFAPI plugins to 2.

|ntruder  Home )  2004-01-18 12:09:01 ( ID:c1s3dingsl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just want to know a bit more about FFDSHOW before i install it, it wont interfere with ac3 filter or my xvid codec will it? And also raising the priority of the 'Directshow Multimedia File Reader' in the VFAPI plugins fixed the root problem. Your a st*r ashy!

ashy  2004-01-20 00:32:56 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It won't interfere with your Ac3 filter, but it will take over the decoding of your XVID files however it won't affect encoding with XVID. You have the choice within FFDSHOW to disable or enable the AVI's you want it to decode anyway.

FFDSHOW is much better at decoding XVID files than the XVID codec itself and is more compatible with TMPG and other programs.
You will find that XVID ans all you other AVI files will play much better and smoother once FFDSHOW installed. It is especially good for playing raw uncompressed AVI which needs a lot of CPU power. Instead of playing jerky it will be smooth.

ashy  2004-01-20 00:44:49 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You will find that XVID ans all you other AVI files will play much better and smoother once FFDSHOW installed

Sorry about the typo's it should read:

You will find that XVID and all your other AVI files will play much better and smoother once FFDSHOW is installed.

Question - TE25 - 30 days of testing expired within 1 hour ? No.40633
ACDC  2004-01-17 19:04:57 ( ID:gudaon8r21r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi !

I downloaded TMPGENC just an hour ago to get an idea how it works for producing a single DVD from a private video. After adjusting all settings a window popped up and told me, that "expiration time of 30 days has expired" or similiar.

Now i couldnt test, how it works, and how fine the result will be for me.

Is there anything wrong with my setup or where's the problem ?

Greetings, ACDC

ashy  2004-01-17 19:10:02 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ever installed any version of TMPG before?

Question - TE25 - how to customize output dimension No.40627
jilesh  2004-01-17 13:26:09 ( ID:kjmm7va50fa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, I have 400 x 350 dimension avi and i want to convert it to mpg file as same size (400 x 350) in tmpgenc, how to do!

ashy  2004-01-17 19:11:54 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load 'unlock.mcf' in 'Extra' folder located in the template folder and then change the output size under the 'Video' tab.

jilesh  2004-01-19 07:08:49 ( ID:mgzieilgqjr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy, I tried unlock.mcf thing but i still can't encode 400 x 350 dimension avi file. when i try it, it display error like this...

The resolution of the video is illegal.
> The windows size needs to be set between 8x8 and 4088x4088.
> The width and height of window needs to be multiple of 8.

ashy  2004-01-20 00:52:20 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because you cannot use that resolution as it is not divisible by 8.
MPEGs are made up of 8x8 blocks, so any resolution must be a multiple of 8.
The nearsest legal resolution is 400x352.
Be aware though that the resolution you are using does not conform to any standards and thus will NOT play in any DVD/VCD players and probaly will not look right in any media player either because of it's unuusual aspect ratio.

ashy  2004-01-20 00:52:27 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's because you cannot use that resolution as it is not divisible by 8.
MPEGs are made up of 8x8 blocks, so any resolution must be a multiple of 8.
The nearsest legal resolution is 400x352.
Be aware though that the resolution you are using does not conform to any standards and thus will NOT play in any DVD/VCD players and probably will not look right in any media player either because of it's unuusual aspect ratio.

jilesh  2004-01-21 05:47:36 ( ID:kjmm7va50fa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks again Ashy, I know that this is not vcd or svcd standerd size but I am not using it for making vcd-svcd. I am making one multimedia project in which i have to make this mpg movie, the reason to use tmpgenc is because it's encoding quality and size is good and it has very very good noise reduction filter. "mainconcept mpeg encoder" and "xing mpg encoder" is good and it supports any dimension but it's quality is horrible, that's why I liked Tmpeg encoder. thanks again.

Question - TDA1 - Will DVD Author allow me to... No.48962
Bob Of Troy  2004-01-17 12:21:18 ( ID:/5beblay3a2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Import Panasonic DMR-E30 created DVD-Rs (not DVD-RAM) into my PC for reauthoring(primarily creating new menus)?

CaesarKent  2004-01-18 02:08:55 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not familiar with the Panasonic, but yes, DVD Author will let you load a "DVD File" (the VOBs from a DVD) and reauthor. I've done this several times with DVDs created on a standalone recorder.

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG - Top and bottom of video being slightly cutoff No.40624
jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-16 22:06:16 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm encoding some VCD's from AVI's and when I watch the finished product on a TV screen in my DVD player the top and bottom of the video is slightly cutoff. Its not a HUGE ammount, but its enough so tha the VERY bottom of my subtitles are being cuttof sometimes, although I CAN still read them, I would like for there to be a slight gap between the bottom of the subtitles and the bottom of the screen like the AVI shows.

The AVI's are 512x384 which works out be 4.3 the same as 640x480. I thought if the source was already 4.3 and I put that in TMPenc, and then selected full screen(maintain aspect ratio) I should get full screen video with nothin being cutoff. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just something thats normal with watching a VCD on a TV screen?

mickyjuice  2004-01-17 06:19:57 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm encoding some VCD's from AVI's and when I watch the finished product on a TV screen in my DVD player the top and bottom of the video is slightly cutoff. Its not a HUGE ammount, but its enough so tha the VERY bottom of my subtitles are being cuttof sometimes, although I CAN still read them, I would like for there to be a slight gap between the bottom of the subtitles and the bottom of the screen like the AVI shows.

try centre (keep aspect ratio) if you dont want any cut offs

ashy  2004-01-17 11:35:39 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is probably a problem with your TV set not TMPG.
It seems your TV has too much overscan. All TV's have a certain amount of overscan to account for slight picture size changes between light and dark scenes.
It seems yours is a tad agressive.

You have two options. Try the suggestion above or use the custom arrange method or have a twiddle with the presets on your TV to correct the overscan.

However if you don't have any technical knowledege of TV's then I wouldn't advise poking around in the back of the TV.

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPG - strange problem No.40616
jjspierx  Home )  2004-01-16 21:49:46 ( ID:st0vkign45g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been encoding an Anime series from AVI to a DVD-VCD. Everything works fine on all but two of the episodes that I have. They are 512x384 resolution. Each episode is about 23 minutes, abd 240mb's when encoded. For some reason two of the episodes are 625mb after encoding(or close to that, I'm at work and can't see the exact filesizes)and they play without sound. The mpg shows that these episodes are 1h05m when they are supposed to be 23 minutes. Anytime after 23 minutes the video is just black for the remainder of the 1h5m of the video. I've tried rencoding these 2 episodes many times wit different settings, but each time I get the same results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mickyjuice  2004-01-17 06:14:15 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use 'source range' in tmpgenc to set your start frame and end frame, meaning you tell tmpgenc exactly what to encode (the 23mins not 1hr), thus cutting out blackness at end of video

>For some reason two of the episodes are 625mb after encoding(or close to that, I'm at work and can't see the exact filesizes)'and they play without sound'

is there no sound thru out the video????

mickyjuice  2004-01-17 06:21:57 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>is there no sound thru out the video????

thru out the 'Whole' video it should read

Minion  2004-01-18 01:26:28 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or just take the File you allready encoded and just cut the extra Black Video off of the end of the File useing Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut"...this way you do Not have to re-encode the file....

mickyjuice  2004-01-18 12:30:48 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>just take the File you allready encoded and just cut the extra Black Video off of the end of the File useing Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut"...this way you do Not have to re-encode the file....

or that

jjspierx  2004-01-19 09:19:41 ( ID:njxstyytwxw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, but the video plays without sound, so cutting off the excess still won't solve the problem.

Spidey  2004-01-20 08:54:31 ( ID:853mykitmhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the sound from the file and then input it under the audio setting. To do this, find a program such as avi2wav (get it through dvdrhelp.com). Simply select the file, run the program, and it will spit out a wav file you can input as the sound.

Minion  2004-01-20 22:37:39 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What I do is with exery File I am about to encode I run it through a Little Program Called "Decompress.exe" which turns any AVI with compressed audio into an AVI with Uncompressed audio which solves the Problems Tmpgenc has with some audio formats...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Completed VCD Hesitates at major scene changes No.40612
Drayvan  2004-01-16 19:27:25 ( ID:v.gbgen0fwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting DVDs to VCD, but the completed VCD hesitates at major scene changes, though there is no loss in audio/video synch... I have tried many different configurations for rendering the MPEG-1 file, checked the framerates, GOP settings, etc..., and I've tried different programs for ripping the DVDs and creating the VCDs, so I'm sure the problem is with the TMPGENC, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the hesitation. I use SmartRipper and DVD-Decrypter for ripping, DVD2AVI for frameserving, TMPGENC for creating the MPEG-1 file and VCDEasy or ULead for creating the VCD... Also, I use this on different computers, so I don't think there is a problem there.
Any suggestions would

unclefester  2004-01-19 01:41:01 ( ID:gwqbfawxpth )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could be a field ordering problem. Check whether it should be bottom-field first or top-field first.

Drayvan  2004-01-22 21:04:03 ( ID:ao3xmyqbj/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, it's not the field order... that would cause problems throughout the video and alot more problems than I'm experiencing now, thanks though for answering my post!

PassingThru  2004-02-16 17:40:09 ( ID:onpxdd4a3br )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have run into this occasionally, and in many of those cases, I had enabled Scene Change Detection. The interruption of normal MPEG GOP stream this seems to cause is just too much for some source video. Re-encoding again without Scene Change Detection enabled eliminated the "jerk" after a scene change.

Also, and this is just a theory of mine, but I wonder sometimes some folks are being too "dogmatic" about forcing FILM mode (ie, with DVD2AVI, for example) when folks create AVI's from NTSC MPEG2 video streams, resulting in "progressive 23.976fps" video that is jerky when encoded with 3:2 pulldown turned on, when encoding that AVI with TMPGEnc. it's not really TMPGEnc's fault.

That might not even apply here, it sounds more like the first thing to me. But that's just a guess.

Question - TE25 - AVI to MPEG to VCD cuts picture No.40609
Mika  2004-01-16 19:25:01 ( ID:d.z2bgmtbrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to make a VCD out of an AVI movie.

The AVI has got the siza 640x352. When I make the MPEG the size is set to 352x288. BUT when i burn the finished mpeg the movie looses an inch on each side.

I burn the movie with Nero and the settings is also set to 352x288

What to do?

mickyjuice  2004-01-17 06:34:26 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

try a different aspect ratio

if you dont want any cut use centre (keep aspect ratio)

ashy  2004-01-17 11:43:35 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Which settings did you use?

Your source is 16:9, so you should use 16:9 display as the source ratio and set the arrange method to 'Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)'

Question - TE25 - Completed VCD Hesitates at major scene changes No.40603
Drayvan  2004-01-16 18:54:19 ( ID:v.gbgen0fwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been converting DVDs to VCD, but the completed VCD hesitates at major scene changes, though there is no loss in audio/video synch... I have tried many different configurations for rendering the MPEG-1 file, checked the framerates, GOP settings, etc..., and I've tried different programs for ripping the DVDs and creating the VCDs, so I'm sure the problem is with the TMPGENC, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the hesitation. I use SmartRipper and DVD-Decrypter for ripping, DVD2AVI for frameserving, TMPGENC for creating the MPEG-1 file and VCDEasy or ULead for creating the VCD... Also, I use this on different computers, so I don't think there is a problem there.
Any suggestions would

Minion  2004-01-16 21:46:42 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Sounds a Lot Like Bitrate Spikes which Tmpgenc is Notorius for...What happens is the Bitrate will Spike when there are any High Actions scenes or any Change in the Complexity of the Image, and when this Happens your DVD Player has to suddenly Spin the VCD Disk Really fast so it can read the Increased Data rate and when it can"t spin it fast enough then Video will Seem to Slow Down for a second while the DVD player Tries to Catch up to the Data rate...I had this Happen at some Point in a Movie with Probably 75% of all of the VCD"s and SVCD"s I made useing Tmpgenc...There are ways to Try to lessen this effect, Like Don"t use a Higher than Standard VCD Bitrate, and don"t use a VBR Encodeing Method ,I eventually Just switched to another encoder because I could not solve this Problem...Cheers

ashy  2004-01-16 22:50:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you using the standard VCD template or are you using your own settings?
It would help is post some info I.E. frame rate of the source file which format you are encoding to NTSC or PAL, the bitrate settings and any others you have changed you have used to accomplish the encoding.

Also at what speed do you burn your disks and with which program?

Drayvan  2004-01-22 20:57:45 ( ID:ao3xmyqbj/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys, what Minion says makes sense, I'd be interested to know what other encoding software you use.

As to Ashy's questions; I've tried both the standard NTSC VCD template and also with tweaks to the bitrate. GOP, and other settings. Most of the sources are NTSC and NTSCFilm (29.7 and 23 fps) and I didn't start changing settings and straying from the VCD NTSC Templates until I found this problem occurring... I've tried switching the bitrate up to 1250 CBR, using 1100-1350 VBR, with GOP edit selected and not, and even without any changes to template settings... I've tried with several different configurations of Filters as well, to see if it had any effect, but nada... I did notice that the hestiation was not as pronounced when I used the AutoVBR setting at 1150-1350 bitrate and a buffer of 40... which is contrary to what Minion suggested, so adds some confusion....

Anyway, I use VCDEasy, ULead, and even Roxio's ECDC to burn the VCDs, and I try to use the slowest speed possible, usually 4x...

Any further help woulsd be and is appreciated!!

ashy  2004-01-22 21:43:13 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You say it hesitates at major scene changes.
Does this happen on your DVD player, PC software player or both?
Have you split the MPEG to 2 disks?

Drayvan  2004-01-23 23:57:43 ( ID:v.gbgen0fwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Yes, it does it on the DVD player, and sometimes when I play them on my computer's DVD-Rom, and I only splt MPGs from Movies, I have a few series that one episode fits on one CD, so that isn't split....

Question - TDA1 - AC3 plugin presales questions No.48959
Joe C. Hecht  2004-01-16 17:09:42 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AC3 plugin presales questions:

1) Is the new AC3 plugin use genuine licensed code from Dolby Labs?

2) What sort of encoding parameters does the plugin support?

3) If I input a pre-encodded Ac3 file for a DVD, will your newsest DVDAuthor re-encode the AC3 file, or simply use it like in previous versions?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe C. Hecht  2004-01-19 15:01:03 ( ID:ofhm4sr9ydm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Received an email reply that indeed this is a geniuine
Certified Dolby encoder (the Dolby logos are in fact
used in the install -- they should be on the webpage).

There are no encoding parameters. The bitrate etc are
set when you encode the MPEG.

Finally, if the source is already ac3, no reencoding is done.

Joe

Scott W  2004-02-04 16:04:06 ( ID:zl7tdl85d.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was curious about the comment suggesting the AC-3 plug-in uses a fixed bitrate, so I sent my own pre-sales question to Pegasys. Below is my original question and their reply.

>> 2) I read on the BBS that the encoding parameters are fixed. What is the
>> bitrate used for encoding the AC-3 audio?
>
>No, it is not correct, with AC3 plug in you can also set you AC3
>bitrate same as MP2.

-- Scott.

Question - TE25 - Merge & Cut Problem No.40600
Alphafly  2004-01-16 12:53:05 ( ID:.xzw.feagh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!

I just wanted to Merge two mpg-Files (2 SVCD´s) but when I do the part that is supposed to be the End of the Movie is in Front and the part that is supposed to be the Start of the Movie is at the End!

Can someone help me please!?

Alphafly

Video Guy  2004-01-16 18:52:59 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If they are coming out so that the end is in the front and the front is at the end, then try reversing the order you select them in TMPEnc. Also, select only one file at time, meaning don't select the files by highlighting them all at once, but input them one at a time. Once they are all entered then have TMPGEnc merge them.

Video Guy

ashy  2004-01-16 22:44:06 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You have to put them in the order that you want them merged. I.E. first part top of the list and second part last in the list.

TMPG can't read your mind and know which you want it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.