Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 380 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TDA1 MPEG1 Size problem after encoding Beher 1 2004-01-20 13:10:17
Question TDA1 New background pictures Hermano 2 2004-04-01 17:18:13
Question TDA1 Using filenames as default chapter titles ch 1 2004-01-14 21:03:58
Question TDA1 Can't purchase the bundle! Toncu 1 2004-01-16 13:11:54
Question TE25 Batch encoding Geritt 1 2004-02-02 16:54:07
Question TE25 Read error DJR 0 2004-01-13 17:20:35
Question TDA1 Size Problem with Tmpgenc Plus Beher 0 2004-01-13 10:16:54
Question TE25 Direct Show MArk 4 2004-01-15 08:06:02
Question TE25 converting asf to vcd lordmajax 7 2004-01-14 20:49:28
Request TDA1 menu-template editor features hustbaer 0 2004-01-13 02:58:27
Question TE25 TMPGEnc question wakeupjake 1 2004-01-13 17:38:13
Request TDA1 AUDIO SYNC CONTROL for Chapter Cut Edit page.... BUDDD 0 2004-01-12 19:54:33

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 380 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TDA1 - MPEG1 Size problem after encoding No.48953
Beher  2004-01-14 11:22:53 ( ID:en4i.d3qock )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am trying to convert a DVD to MPEG1 Format. I fixed all the settings with Tmpgenc and saved it as "Template". Now i start my project and Load my Template with Project Wizard which show me in the last window that Estimated file Size will be 575,86 MB and after 5 Hours Work the File becomes 1,2GB Big. Movie is 108Minuts, Video Resolution 352x288, Constant Bitrate = 600, Audio 128/ 44100Hz. Joint Stereo.

I tried the same File with one of my friends Computer with same Fim Size, same Tmpgenc Version (Plus)with same settings as i did before, now encoding file is correct and MPEG1 Size is perfect as Estimated.

The problem is at my computer same File becomes fast double.
Can anyone give me a tip....??

B_Racer  2004-01-20 13:10:17 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey, you are into the worng forum!

OK, you are producing Non-Standard VCD, so you can't multiplex it as VCD because it will fill in the missing Bitrate. Multiplex it as MPEG1 Video-CD (non standard) and all is OK.

Question - TDA1 - New background pictures No.48950
Hermano  2004-01-14 08:42:58 ( ID:bub6xkb3cew )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can i use or make new background pictures, to use in the menu's, with TMPGEnc DVD Author? It uses the extension .tme but i don't know the program to use to make new background pictures. Is it possible to use a jpeg picture, if so, how do i do that? Thx in advange.

B_Racer  2004-01-14 09:37:41 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wow... Just klick on the Background and load your own Picture... :rolleyes:

Man, that's SO easy!

Ken Maltby  2004-04-01 17:18:13 ( ID:kmriemfuvkc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Wow... Just klick on the Background and load your own Picture... :rolleyes:
>
>Man, that's SO easy!

Maybe he has the same problem I am trying to address; He could be trying
to use his "own Picture" that is not the same aspect as the preview window.
I am trying to use a 273x73 24bit bmp file, but it gets gets squashed into
100x73. What is odd is if I make the same bmp the frame image, the little
part I can see looks perfect.

Any idea how to get it to work? I am willing to HexEdit the tme file.

Luck;
Ken

Question - TDA1 - Using filenames as default chapter titles No.48948
ch  2004-01-14 02:39:14 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Would appreciate some advise on this:

So far TMPG DVD Auth has been v easy to use and effective. However I have something that I cant seem to do. Most authoring programmes use the filename of the mpeg as the defaul chapter name, but in TMPG the titles are Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc (as far as I can remember) and I have to rename each track. How do i just get it to use the filenames? After all, the filenames are already in the Chapter window.

hustbaer  2004-01-14 21:03:58 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i don't think there is another way than copy-paste at this time...

Question - TDA1 - Can't purchase the bundle! No.48946
Toncu  2004-01-14 00:31:44 ( ID:1wun0.lw79m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been trying to purchase the $99 bundle. Each time I try, when I click on Next, the web server responds with a single line "set your transaction id"

Perhaps the server needs to be reconfigured or restarted?

Few things are more frustrating than trying to spend money and being blocked from doing so. :)

chris  2004-01-16 13:11:54 ( ID:cna0viyffxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the exact same problem when I tried to purchase the bundle with Internet Explorer 5.5. But it worked fine when I tried with Mozilla Firebird, although the page warned that it may not work with other browsers than Internet Explorer! So something is definitely wrong with the order page. Maybe it was only tested with Internet Explorer 6.0?

Question - TE25 - Batch encoding No.40563
Geritt  2004-01-13 21:20:53 ( ID:kstvbk0ogig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After upgrading from windows Me to XP-prof, I now have problems with the batch encoding. Tmpgenc shuts down after one file without any error message (the produced file is OK). This happens also on my laptop with XP-prof. I have enough memory (640 MB) and enough space on my HD. I tried also earlier versions of Tmpgenc. Is there a problem between Tmpgenc and Windows XP-prof. Who can help?
kind regards
Geritt

rad  2004-02-02 16:54:07 ( ID:nhpa8hkxd36 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...have very similar problem. Seemed OK on W98SE but on WinXP my TMPGENc just suddenly disappears while encoding...

...I've found an info that TMPGEnc doesn't support DV type-1 (only DV type-2)
- the strange thing is that TMPGEnc supported DV type-1 under Win 98 SE without any problems - and since I'm using WinXP - this problem became very frustrating.

..any help or comments would be appreciated

WHY TMPGEnc just disappears while encoding under WINDOWS XP??

rad

Question - TE25 - Read error No.40562
DJR  2004-01-13 17:20:35 ( ID:hetc73jn4tw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Trying to convert but keep getting read error at address 00012f40 of module tmpgenc.exe with 45704d50.

Question - TDA1 - Size Problem with Tmpgenc Plus No.48945
Beher  2004-01-13 10:16:54 ( ID:en4i.d3qock )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to Convert D2V+MP3 to MPEG1. Working with Wizard which shows me at the end that File Size Expected 585MB but after 5-6 Hours Job MPEG1 File becomes 1,2GB. The Same project i tried with another PC and it worked out Correct i.e MPEG1 is the right size which was expected (Tmpgenc-Wizard) The problem is on my PC at home the same configuration and the same File size becomes almost double. Can someone give me a tip ?

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Direct Show No.40557
MArk  2004-01-13 08:54:04 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I posted a message a couple of days ago about not being able to convert AVI files from my camera to MPEG files. Thank you for the responses, but I'm still not sure about the following advice:

"raise the priority of the 'Directshow file reader' to 2." How do I do this?

I have Windows Media Player 7 and it can play my AVI files. I have Win 98 and TMPGEnc version 2.54.37.135.

Thanks for any advice.

ashy  2004-01-13 17:32:42 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, tell us what your camera captures to, so we can have a better idea how to help you and stop us guessing.

Mark  2004-01-14 07:41:23 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Apologies for my total ignorance; I do not wish to have people guessing and wasting their time. Perhaps I'll just ask this, how do I access, enable (or adjust) Direct Show settings? Do I need a particular version of Media Player? Oh, and in response to your request, the camera captures to a compact flash card. Just a normal compact flash card.

ashy  2004-01-14 20:35:00 ( ID:raglol2cjok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to misunderstand.
I need to know the format your camera captures to not the medium. Is it MPEG4 AVI?
You can find this info with GSPOT.

The directshow settings are located in TMPG under Options>Enviromental settings>VFAPI plugins

Right click on the name of the 'Directshow file reader' and raise it's priority, make it the highest in the list with at least a priority of 2.

If that is not successful then download FFDSHOW and configure it to decode all MPEG4 AVI's.

Mark  2004-01-15 08:06:02 ( ID:umxici6kwkf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you for your reply and your patience! Yes I finally worked out how to convert my AVI files, it's a bit of a steep learning curve for me... maybe TMPGEnc needs a bit more information in its help files...?

Question - TE25 - converting asf to vcd No.40549
lordmajax  2004-01-13 04:33:06 ( ID:ekbgzk4xw8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to figure out how to convert a movie on my pc from .asf file to a vcd so that Nero will burn it on my dvd+r disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie.

mickyjuice  2004-01-13 05:41:43 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

go to http://www.dbpoweramp.com and get dbpoweramp music converter and also get the wma v9 codec that can be found at the same site

you can then convert the audio of that asf to wav, and use that wav as your audio source in tmpgenc

mickyjuice  2004-01-13 05:56:18 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

and dont burn it onto a dvd

use nero to create a VCD (normal blank cd-r) when you've encoded the asf to mpeg

mickyjuice  2004-01-13 08:52:42 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

sorry the codec that you need is called 'Windows Media Audio' this includes more than just v9, goto:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

look under popular codecs and download:
Windows Media Audio(v9,v8,v7,v2)

this will enable you to convert: WMA, ASF and WMV

ashy  2004-01-13 17:35:24 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm trying to figure out how to convert a movie on my pc from .asf file to a vcd so that Nero will burn it on my dvd+r disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a newbie.

It would help if actually tell us what problem you are having or is it a guessing game?

lordmajax  2004-01-14 01:56:16 ( ID:ekbgzk4xw8g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what else do you want to know? I keep trying to burn movies usig nero. It says I don't have enough room on a maxell 4.7gb. But, when I check the amount of space I'm using it says 3.7? I can't remember the last number. I wan't to know if I have to conver all my .mpg's or do I just burn them. If anyone know why Nero won't burn my clips please let me know. They're all .mpg's and like I said the program says I don't have enough space on the dvd+r but I do.

mickyjuice  2004-01-14 07:21:03 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I'm trying to figure out how to convert a movie on my pc from .asf file to a vcd so that Nero will burn it on my dvd+r disc. ^^^

asf file you say?

>I wan't to know if I have to conver all my .mpg's or do I just burn them. If anyone know why Nero won't burn my clips please let me know. They're all .mpg's and like I said the program says I don't have enough space on the dvd+r but I do.

u want to know if you have to convert ur files to mpeg, but their all mpeg's

whaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????? me confused

ashy  2004-01-14 20:49:28 ( ID:raglol2cjok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You're gettin' us all confused with what you are actually doing here. You're gonna have to explain the steps you are taking in detail.

Are you saying you are simply loading the ASF in to NERO and then trying to convert to DVD or have you already converted the ASF to MPEG1 or MPEG2 (which?) with TMPG and are now attempting to burn those files to a DVD with NERO? (Nero burning or Nero express?)

Either way you are missing an important step and until you explain what you have done, we can't help you.

If you want to kow the steps you should have taken read on below:

1. Load ASF into TMPG
2. Select appropiate DVD template or use the Wizard
3. Encode
4. Author the resulting MPEG from TMPG to VOBS using a DVD authoring program such as TMPG DVDauthor
5. Burn VOBS from DVDauthor with NERO using DVD-Video mode

If you didn't do the steps above then you have the answer to your problem.

Request - TDA1 - menu-template editor features No.48944
hustbaer  2004-01-13 02:58:27 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'd really like to see the following features added to TDA's template editor:

*) custom "highlight"- & "action"-color (per element would be nice)
*) "inverse highlight" option (for "grayed out" thumbs that are not selected)
*) custom text-fields
*) a "dont show" attribute for standard buttons (to "delete" buttons like the nasty "play all" button)
*) editing of attributes like the "drop shadow" and the "shadow color/range/etc."

Also nice would be an option to specify a "trailer" track, that plays before the menu and does NOT show up in track/chapter-selection

And the all-perfect-master-of-the-universe feature would be custom menu structures - like the one used in the "Blue" template :)

I know the "per element" custom colors are tricky because subpictures are limited to 16 colors, but even to change the default yellow/red to some other colors would be a HUGE step forward!

So far I really like the program because it just does what it says it does, doesn't crash, and doesn't complain all too much about some minor stream-errors, it can handle VCD-standard mpeg files and other stuff that makes life MUCH easier then with other DVD authoring apps!

I'd even like to pay for some "external" menu-template-editor (as an addon to TDA) if that would allow me to make some nive menus - some extra 20-30$ should not be a problem :)

Maybe you let me know what to expect in future versions of TDA, and when to expect them :)

Anyway, thanks for the great work, also for TMPGEnc Plus,
bye,
--hustbaer

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc question No.40547
wakeupjake  2004-01-12 22:24:37 ( ID:huagwwb0hhf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am trying to make a Battlefield 1942 clan video. i got fraps, then i took it to Virtualdub and edited the scene i wanted. then i followed these steps to the letter...

" 7: Now, as you may have noticed, our movie is huge, more than 100 MB. That's because it's still Raw, Uncompressed AVI. Now we're going to use that Divx codec I made you download. Open Tmpg Enc (If that stupid "Wizard" pops up, click Cancel), then look at the 3 bars at the bottom that say Video Source, Audio Source, and Output File Name. Click the Browse button next to the Video Source box, and select your movie. The Audio Source box and Output File Name should automatically be filled in to your movie path when you select the movie in the Video Source column. If not, copy and paste the path from the Video Source to the Audio Source. Then, in the Output File Name Column, rename your file to what you want it to be called."

when i do that i get "annot open p3package.dll"

i am at an absolute loss with this..beginning to annoy me slightly:/

any help would be great, cheers

Step 8: Now, we compress. Click File, Output To File, AVI File. A little menu will pop up. If you don't see "Divx codec" in the Video box, click the Setting box and select it from the pulldown menu. Click Save, and relax. You're done.

ashy  2004-01-13 17:38:13 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search this BBS for your answer. Just type p3package.dll.
It's been answered 1,00000000000000000,0000000000000000,000000000000000000,000000000 times already

Request - TDA1 - AUDIO SYNC CONTROL for Chapter Cut Edit page.... No.48943
BUDDD  2004-01-12 19:54:33 ( ID:gqm1pszt57w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Excellent program , easy to use , does exactly what its supposed to without any fuss.

I've been capturing video and audio Separately . After a lot of trial and error , I get good quality results at the end of it.

But because I'm using separate files (not started at the same time) , I have to keep quitting TMPGEnc DVD Author , trim the start of the audio file in a separated audio editor restarting TMPGEnc DVD Author to view the files , until , finally I've got them in sync.What with having to save large files over and over ,it probably costs 15-20mins getting it right this way.

What would be real handy would be the ability to be able to alter the audio sync in the Chapter Cut Edit page. Maybe work with sound files up to 5 seconds longer than the start of the video file.

I know there is a section in TMPEnc plus where you can alter the audio sync but its not really that usable because you dont hear the sound , you see the sound bar so, until youve encoded a file, you still dont know if its in sync or not.

One big audio sync button please...!!

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.