Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 382 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problem when joining mpeg 2 files. its_live 1 2004-01-11 13:45:51
Question TE25 tmpgenc crashes while splitting mpegs rhinowing 0 2004-01-09 23:11:10
Question TE25 NO sound! please help Angel 9 2004-01-11 13:50:27
Question TE25 Can TMPGEnc create MPEG-2 TS file? Nakamura 1 2004-01-10 12:58:32
Question TDA1 Saving VOBs after cut/edit jccaps 1 2004-01-11 12:52:44
Question TE25 Sir Lancelot 2 2004-01-10 01:38:20
Question TE25 Need Help finding a plugin what can do this.... hoho 2 2004-01-13 05:51:35
Question TE25 How can i Convert a file with this ending:(TCR).DivX.TS.DaDuck? GeeStar 3 2004-01-11 14:01:42
Question TE25 trying to keep widescreen format............ 1confusedpuppy 5 2004-01-10 13:03:08
Request TDA1 Relink clip source file paths without loosing chaptering AlexV 1 2004-01-14 21:00:06
Request TE25 Athlon 64? Mystiq 0 2004-01-07 22:38:58
Bug report TE25 Merge & Cut from the middle to the end cuts _behind_ I frame Setsunaaa 6 2004-01-12 07:15:59

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 382 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problem when joining mpeg 2 files. No.40496
its_live  2004-01-10 09:04:37 ( ID:sh66xxbgkrf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i made a 16 minute video which i had to capture with virtualdub because i'm on windows ME and i have that darn 4 gig limit. anyway...when i transfer the avi files to mpeg 2 svcd the files sound fine...but when i joined all the mpeg 2 files together,the joined file now has a beep and pause where the splits used to be. is there a way to get rid of this or make it less obvious?? maybe using the source range to cut out the small pause and beeps?? if so how many frames would be best to cut out?? thanks if any one can answer in advance...sorry if it's a dumb question..just a beginner.

ashy  2004-01-11 13:45:51 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all you should capture your AVI's as segmented AVI's to get around the 4GB barrier.
This means that when the file size approaches a predefined size such as 3.9GB the capture program will begin capturing to another file. These files will all automatically link up as one big file in either Virtualdub or TMPG or indeed any program that supports segmented AVI's (I guess you are already capturing segmented anyway).

Rename your AVI's in sequence such as AVI-001.avi, AVI-002.avi and so on.
Start TMPG and goto Option>enviromental settings>general then put a check in the box 'Open sequence files as a movie'
Now load your first AVI and the rest will automatically load.

The answer to your original problem is that you must click the 'Correct' button before joining the MPEGs. This will avoid files being joined at the wrong point in the GOP.

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc crashes while splitting mpegs No.40495
rhinowing  2004-01-09 23:11:10 ( ID:lo9efwfwako )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When ever i try to split an mpeg with with the mpeg tools feautre tmpgenc crashes right before it starts multiplexing. Any ideas?

Question - TE25 - NO sound! please help No.40485
Angel  2004-01-09 21:50:03 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi i dl ffdshow and enabled the codecs..i can see the video but no sound.. what can i do??!!

thx very much!

Angel  2004-01-09 22:32:37 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also..i have trouble converting it to wav using virtual dub...

Angel  2004-01-09 23:15:19 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone guide me in the steps to using virtual dub in converting audio to wav...i think i did the wrong things. thx

ashy  2004-01-10 00:10:06 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Make sure you select 'full processing' under audio options then select PCM as the compression method. Next click File>save wav

Angel  2004-01-10 02:02:01 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone guide me in the steps to using virtual dub in converting audio to wav...i think i did the wrong things. thx

Angel  2004-01-10 02:05:09 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to save wav...it says "no audio decompressor could be found"...would should I do?

Angel  2004-01-10 03:08:24 ( ID:gyavxtnd4sc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I dl the AC3 ACM Decompressor but i don't know how to activate it in virtual dub when saving the file

ashy  2004-01-10 12:57:12 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need Virtualdub if you have mthe AC3ACM decompressor. TMPG will decode the audio in the AVI directly once it's installed.

an-anonymous-doner  2004-01-11 07:57:41 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Angel,
Do yourself a huge favor, and download VirtualDubMod from http://www.dvdrhelp.com and use it to demux the audio stream. Then you can convert the stream to WAV. MOST avi's use either AC3 audio, or MP3 audio. VirtualDubMod will give you an exact copy of whichever one the avi you're working with uses, and you can then use another tool to convert it to WAV if that's what you want to do. Other usefull tools: MP3 to WAV - MusicMatch Jukebox, AC3 to WAV - Ciler's AC3 Tool. MusicMatch can be downloaded from http://www.musicmatch.com and Ciler's AC3 Tool can be downloaded at dvdrhelp.com. Good luck.

ashy  2004-01-11 13:50:27 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don't need another tool to do the Ac3-wav conversion if you have Virtualdubmod or Virtualdub_ac3. Either will convert Ac3 to a wav.

In any case you don't need any third party tools once the AC3ACM decompressor is installed. TMPG WILL decode the audio once it's installed.

Question - TE25 - Can TMPGEnc create MPEG-2 TS file? No.40483
Nakamura  2004-01-09 18:31:29 ( ID:ahu8pm.mhlm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cna TMPGEnc create MPEG-2 TS File?

or support transcoder?

ashy  2004-01-10 12:58:32 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No. You will have to convert it to a TS with something like MPEG2VCR or MPEGcarver.

Question - TDA1 - Saving VOBs after cut/edit No.48939
jccaps  2004-01-09 16:25:28 ( ID:u63j7/8jp.l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just started using the software. I need to save the cut/edited VOBs for future use. Currently, the only way I know how to do it is to author the project, then save the resulting VOBs; and if I have a few cuts, I just separate them into different tracks, they they come up separate VOBs too.

Is there an easier way - meaning, not having to go through the authoring step, like a save clip button or something ?

B_Racer  2004-01-11 12:52:44 ( ID:f0tdjnbzg.2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just creat a TitleSet without a Menu, that's all.

Question - TE25 - Sir No.40480
Lancelot  2004-01-09 16:00:58 ( ID:q0xtcaduxhg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The downloaded XVID movie is in audio sync. Everytime I process it with either TMPG, virtual dub or easy video splitter, sound goes out of sync. The sound is encoded with VBR, which is causing the problem. I've had this problem before but then I managed to fix it by uncrompressing the audio to .wav, but it isn't working with this file. It's out of sync from the start. I expect I may need to delay video somehow,(it's ahead by about 3 seconds) but how?

ashy  2004-01-09 16:09:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use virtual dub to find out the delay you need then add this to the source range in TMPG.

Sir Lancelot  2004-01-10 01:38:20 ( ID:q0xtcaduxhg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks, i got it working perfectly now. I also ran into a second issue with a stream write error that was fixed by downloading the ffdshow codec.

Question - TE25 - Need Help finding a plugin what can do this.... No.40477
hoho  2004-01-09 05:54:53 ( ID:jbarl8u.iyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I have managed now to get my TMPGEnc player to read my .mkv files and got them converted fine(this was my last posts problem) but now I have these remaining .mkv files what TMPGEnc plus can not open up. I heard some were these files I have are updated .mkv files and thats why it can not be opened up so I need a plugin(if thier is one) to open these up so I can convert it.

hoho  2004-01-09 19:54:10 ( ID:jbarl8u.iyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

plz I need a plugin what can do that.

mickyjuice  2004-01-13 05:51:35 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>plz I need a plugin what can do that.

you can always make one =D lol

Question - TE25 - How can i Convert a file with this ending:(TCR).DivX.TS.DaDuck? No.40473
GeeStar  2004-01-08 20:47:54 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help me if its possible. Thanks!

ashy  2004-01-08 21:09:15 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's an avi, just rename it xxx.avi

an-anonymous-doner  2004-01-11 07:37:16 ( ID:o1.rrnp/80m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Get a copy of VirtualDub from http://www.dvdrhelp.com and use it to split the AVI into two (or more) segments smaller than 74 minutes each (if you're going to burn to a cd. And don't forget to make the split at a keyframe.) If it comes up with the audio being unsupported, (which happens in many AVI's that are encoded using the AC3 audio codec,) get VirtualDubMod, demux the audio stream, use Ciler's AC3 Tool to convert it to WAV (or even MusicMatch Jukebox if it has a VBR MP3 stream). Yes, it takes time. Yes it creates huge files, but hey... you're the one trying to hack an AVI you downloaded from the web to either VCD or SVCD, so don't complain. The effort's worth it. Ciler's AC3 Tool can also be found at dvdrhelp.com, as can VirtualDubMod.

ashy  2004-01-11 14:01:42 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@an-anonymous-doner

I think you need to take a look around this BBS and familiarize yourself with TMPG a bit more. Some of the advice you are posting is pointless and longwinded for no reason.

The steps you mention are unecessary and parts are unadvisable.
Splitting an AVI prior to encoding with TMPG is not recommended. While the AVI itself may be 74 mins when split and fit one disk, depending on the selected output in TMPG I.E SVCD the resulting MPEG may NOT fit one disk.

Question - TE25 - trying to keep widescreen format............ No.40467
1confusedpuppy  2004-01-08 12:25:18 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello, im trying to convert avi to mpeg, and the trouble im having is that i cant seem to get TMPGEnc to keep the movie at widescreen format. i tried 1:1 vga, 4:3 525 line ntsc 704x280, ect down the line with no differance. the movie is allways streched looking kinda funny. also what is the differance between interlace, and non-interlaced? im sooooooo confused..............

Setsunaaa  2004-01-08 19:11:19 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use 16x9 PAL for such a thing at "video" settings. Don't forget to set the "Video arrange Method" to "full screen" _without_ keeping the aspect ratio under the "Advanced" tab.

Setsuna

1confusedpuppy  2004-01-08 19:45:58 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, but if i use pal, how do i get everything back to ntsc? im missing something

ashy  2004-01-08 21:19:07 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depending on your output here are the settings you need.

Source aspect ratio: 16:9 display (always use this for any 16:9 footage)

Arrange method: Full screen (keep aspect ratio)<<<important

Output aspect ratio for widescreen TV:
16:9 display for MPEG2
16:9 NTSC for MPEG1

Output for 4:3 TV:
4:3 display for MPEG2
4:3 NTSC for MPEG1

You'd better have a look on google for explanations about interlacing, It would take too much to explain here.

1confusedpuppy  2004-01-10 11:55:50 ( ID:eddxhltt4kc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no matter what the seting, the outcome is a stretched video...................):
and i tried google, i sorta get it now.......ty

ashy  2004-01-10 13:03:08 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems lime you are craeting a SVCD.
Post your settings here.

You cannot play SVCD files in Mediaplayer or similar. You need DVD player software such as WinDVD.

The aspect ratio will be altered by both WinDVD and your DVD player once burned to disk so the image is correct.

Request - TDA1 - Relink clip source file paths without loosing chaptering No.48937
AlexV  2004-01-08 09:43:56 ( ID:y/wpispx9of )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would like to be able to relink to clip source mpeg files without loosing all my chapter information. For example, if I have a saved project which references some source files, and I have already put all the chapter breaks in, but then I decide that the source file should be moved to a different folder, I can't update the project to point to the source files new location without loosing all the chapter information.

hustbaer  2004-01-14 21:00:06 ( ID:gbemr.lp.t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

good point, i second that!
should be easy to implement...

Request - TE25 - Athlon 64? No.40466
Mystiq  2004-01-07 22:38:58 ( ID:z0vw9ydvftf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to get support for the Athlon 64s in their native mode? I wonder what kind of performance benefit this might give.

Bug report - TE25 - Merge & Cut from the middle to the end cuts _behind_ I frame No.40459
Setsunaaa  2004-01-07 20:14:52 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use any (valid) mpeg1 video, like those you can create with tmpgenc.
If you use mpeg tools merge&cut and cut from the middle of a mpeg file to the end tmpgenc does the starting cut right behind the I frame, there is no way to prevent this. I hoped this Bug would "go away on it's own", but it is in there since v 2.2 what I started with.

The resulting mpg should include the I frame, not exclude.

Suggestion: Please add an option to set the frame number instead of the time to do cut & paste, show whether the start of the cut is I/B/P frame. A frame-numbered cut is better to handle than just hangin' round on the time scale.

regardsm

Joachim Otahal

Minion  2004-01-07 23:09:26 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Merge & Cut can Only Cut one way and that is on an I frame so no matter were you set the cut it will allways jump to the Closest I frame and it should Include that I frame ....

Setsunaaa  2004-01-08 19:08:29 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do it, cut an mpg from the middle to the end. Play it. You will see artifacts because tmpgenc does not cut it right. Load the file again in an editor (virtualdub will do it) and it will start with an B frame instead of an I frame.

Do it, and THEN tell me whether it is impossible or not.

Setsuna

ashy  2004-01-08 21:27:33 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sorry to disagree, but minion is correct. I have just done as you asked four times with four different files both MPEG1 and MPEG2 and every one begins with an I-frame in Virtualdub and no artifacts whatsoever.

You are either using a corrupt MPEG or you are not clicking the correct button before making the cut.

ashy  2004-01-08 22:14:02 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have just managed to produce the error you are talking about. When viewing in Virtualdub the MPEG starts from the 2 last B-frames of the previous GOP.

Upon further testing it seems it could be a Virtualdub bug or only Virtualdub which is able to produce it.
No player software shows the corruption caused by the 2 rogue B-frames only Virtualdub.

Also I have several programs which will allow me to see the frame the MPEG starts from and all start with an I-frame and show no corruption.

You can download a more accurate I-frame cutter from the link below.
It is a TMPG compatible MPEG2 codec which comes with it's own MPEG cutter called MME.exe
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

MME.exe also shows the starting frame as an I-frame, the 2 others I used which also confirm the first frame is an I-frame are ReMPEG and Bitrate viewer(full version)

Setsunaaa  2004-01-12 06:57:05 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, I (allways) use IBBBBPBBBBPBBBB as GOP pattern which makes that bug much more visible (I tried it with standard too like you did).
With that pattern even windows-mplayer (or WinDVD or active movie) shows that artifacts with cutted mpeg1 video. With uncut (or just merged) videos everything is right.

Thank you for the link to the other cutter !

Setsunaaa

Setsunaaa  2004-01-12 07:15:59 ( ID:jdmp7akwttc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

mm2.exe tested, it cuts it right (even with my IBBBBPBBBBPBBBB), tmpgenc cuts it wrong. In that case mplayer/active movie simply jumed over the for 3/5 second instead of showing the artifacts as it does on other times, virtualdubg shows the frames. But 0.666 seconds of a fast-moving musicvideo it a lot.

I would call this now "worksforme" state since the other cutter does it right, but I hope this bug will be solved someday.

Again, big thank you for showing me the other cutter.

Setsunaaa

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.