Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 390 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Request TE25 Jerky motion in Ripped Movie Using DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc Balan K 6 2003-12-29 04:54:30
Question TE25 Why the fuck can't it read mpeg2!? UserName 7 2004-01-05 20:32:21
Request TDA1 Popup help balloons Jaap 0 2003-12-21 13:23:22
Question TE25 Downloads not working Stuart Edwards 0 2003-12-21 11:58:15
Question TE25 unexplained error djzontheball 1 2003-12-24 06:26:01
Question TE25 Encoding ASF file slows down after 8% NeedingHelp 1 2004-01-02 06:06:29
Question TE25 Tmpeg stops at 64% munks 3 2003-12-29 03:44:54
Question TE25 No picture when encoding with TMPGEnc Plus lndtf 1 2003-12-22 21:51:35
Question TE25 Error with splitting a file longer than 1hr massedgadget 0 2003-12-19 19:45:07
Question TE25 Better description of my problem Sillyname 2 2003-12-19 19:07:37
Question TE25 Is this place only for free version? Sillyname 5 2003-12-19 23:05:00
Question TE25 Great DVD Author Program but the encoder... Sillyname 0 2003-12-19 14:48:04

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 390 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Request - TE25 - Jerky motion in Ripped Movie Using DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc No.40221
Balan K  2003-12-22 08:35:29 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using Smart Ripper, DVD2AVI and TMPGEnc for DVD Ripping. The rippeed movie plays fine in PC. When played in Standalone players a Small amount of jerky movement is seen. playback is not that much smooth. I have tried various programs Like Win On CD, VCD Easy, Nero, Easy CD Creator. I have tried with various movies also.

can any one help me?.

ashy  2003-12-22 17:18:53 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the DVD, PAL or NTSC? What format are you converting to? Which settings did you use in TMPG?

Do you have the ForcedFilm option checked in DVD2AVI?

Balan K  2003-12-22 22:39:51 ( ID:upvgwjftcng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The source movie is NTSC 4:3. I am using the VideoCD NTSC Template of TMPGEnc. Forced Film is not enabled in DVD2AVI.

Minion  2003-12-23 21:46:47 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Forced Film Should be enabled or you will get Interlace Artifacts which with Manifest it"s self as Jumpy/Choppy Playback in Motion scenes...When Forced Film is used it Frameserves the File in It"s Native Progressive film 23.976fps format with Not Interlaceing But you will need to use the "NTSC Film" template...You should allways use the Forced Film option when useing DVD2AVI with NTSC DVD"s that were shot in film which is Most NTSC DVD"s....Cheers

Balan K  2003-12-24 05:40:37 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I will try this option and give the feedback. But I have a basic doubt. I am living in INDIA where PAL is the standard. So if I want to create a PAL VCD what should I do. Because earlier I tried to create PAL VCD using VideoCD PAL template of TMPGEnc and hence I decided to goto NTSC thinking that there will not be any problem ( Source and destination both are 29.97 Hz ). Need advice.

ashy  2003-12-25 13:37:55 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your problem is happening because you are trying to play a an NTSC VCD on a PAL system.

All DVD players will play either NTSC or PAL, but there is a potential problem.

If you try to play an NTSC VCD on a PAL System you will encounter either jerky playback or a black and white picture.

I will explain why:

Because you are living in a country which uses the PAL system your TV will expect a PAL signal from your DVD player unless you have a multiformat TV.
Now, your problem is because your DVD player is automatically converting the NTSC VCD to a PAL output so your TV can display the signal correctly.

Unfortunately not many players do this conversion too well and the symptoms will be jerky playback, exactly the same as if you were to do a format conversion from NTSC to PAL in TMPG. This happens because of the differing frame rates.

If you want the playback to be smooth then you will have to set your player to output an NTSC signal instead of PAL, but the problem here is that if your TV is not multi-standard then you will get a black and white picture, but playback will be smooth.

If you do have a multi-standard TV then there will be a setting in your DVD players setup which will allow it to output an NTSC signal, sometimes this setting is labeled as 'Auto' which means it will automatically output whichever format the VCD is in.

If you don't have a Multiformat TV then you will have to do an NTSC to PAL conversion, but NOT with TMPG. There are various ways of doing this properly and you can find them by searching on this BBS.

The reason why it plays smooth on your PC is because the VCD will play in it's native format as your PC IS a multiformat system.

Balan K  2003-12-29 04:54:30 ( ID:8r0frmo1kbo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hope now you have understood my problem clearly.

Can you tell me, What should I do To convert a NTSC DVD to PAL VCD Step by Step. Please don't redirect to Guides in DOOM9.org, DVDRHELP.COM. Because I have already tried them.

Question - TE25 - Why the fuck can't it read mpeg2!? No.40213
UserName  2003-12-22 04:48:22 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It blocks directshow filters? Stupid program!

ashy  2003-12-22 17:20:50 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all cut the language or sod off. Secondly a bit more of a description of your problem wouldn't go amiss.
Then we will be able to sort you out.

UserName  2003-12-23 06:07:27 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So if you can't help, i'll be entitled to use the langauge of choice for a free man?

What the subject line says. Ligos3.5, installt, tmpgenc ignores it and say mpeg2 files can't be opened. As everybody else here says: Its hardcoded to ignore most filters (why the hell do they do that)

munks  2003-12-23 20:11:54 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

his langauge got his question noticed tho didnt it

unlike uthers on here wich seem to be ignored

oh well ey

Sillyname  2003-12-24 16:01:06 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I bought a copy and still haven't figured out why it is making jerky burns. The LSX encoder with Mediastudio works everytime. I should ask for my money back. Every helpful hint I get is completely different from the last. And any NTSC templates out there seem to be built by someone who's never laid eyes on anything but a SECAM broadcast.

ashy  2003-12-24 19:31:14 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Right Ok, first of all TMPG does not block any filters, but is designed to work with only certain ones for compatibility and if you would do your homework and check the features out in the TMPG download site you would have noticed the list of MPEG2 filters you can use, there are several.

Also if you want MPEG2 encoding ability aswell as MPEG2 decoding capability then if you purchase the TMPG plus version you will find it comes with it's own MPEG2 decoder.
However if you can't be assed to do either then try this codec which seems to be the best one to use with TMPG, now stop your bleeting:
http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

Username  2004-01-05 10:48:17 ( ID:tkn5khvwjnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Right Ok, first of all TMPG does not block any filters,

Yes it does. In old versions the directshow reader support what directshow can do - the new versions do not. Ie, they are blacklisting certain filters (perhaps you have to pay the programmers extra, eh?)

> but is designed to work with only certain ones for compatibility

ie, it blacklists filters.

> and if you would do your homework and check the features out in the TMPG
>download site you would have noticed the list of MPEG2 filters you can use, >there are several.

Hidden in some obscure part of the 'revision history' it claims that the only filters it doesn't block are sony, ligos and cyberlink - however this is not true since i have a ligos codecs installed and it is ignored by the program.

>Also if you want MPEG2 encoding ability aswell as MPEG2 decoding capability

I have MPEG2 decoding capability, just not in Tmpgenc.

>then if you purchase the TMPG plus version you will find it comes with it's >own MPEG2 decoder.

I don't want its crappy decoder. But i guess that explains why they sabotage other codecs (to tray and sell their own).

>However if you can't be assed to do either then try this codec which seems to be the best one to use with TMPG, now stop your bleeting:
>http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

I don't see why i should be forced to use some amateur stuff (*) simply because tmpgenc blacklists mpeg2 directshow filters. (* if its not some amateur stuff, sorry - but since the page is filled with unreadable characters its hard to tell, and hardly up to the ligos quality)

I say, stop blacklisting codecs and bring back the original functionality of the Directshow Multimedia filereader!

ashy  2004-01-05 20:32:21 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Amatuer it certainly isn't.
This is one of the best MPEG2 decoders for TMPG there is. The quality is very high, the speed is high and easily on par with the ligos codec if not better.

Anyway I'm tired of your critism so I'll leave you to it.

Request - TDA1 - Popup help balloons No.48896
Jaap  2003-12-21 13:23:22 ( ID:nbpc6d.5p6. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Option to turn off popup help balloons.
Those balloons are getting irritating.

Question - TE25 - Downloads not working No.40212
Stuart Edwards  2003-12-21 11:58:15 ( ID:rozsqg4/qcl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi the downloads arent working, someone please help

Question - TE25 - unexplained error No.40210
djzontheball  2003-12-21 02:12:52 ( ID:oycyzbxb0cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time i want to set the source range on a movie before i even open up the box it comes up with this error.

write error occurred at address 77f5215c of module 'ntdll.dll with 00000000

I have just downloaded this to try it out and it is giving me the shits.

I have encoded the audio for divex into wav and it still does it.

Does anybody have a solution for me

Thanx

S8tn  2003-12-24 06:26:01 ( ID:nhfxok3mrgn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No solution, but I get the same problem with certain files. Sometimes if I close down TMPGEnc and reopen again, it works. Or sometimes I use the Beta versions of TMPGEnc.

Question - TE25 - Encoding ASF file slows down after 8% No.40208
NeedingHelp  2003-12-20 20:29:10 ( ID:nfhioon8nmh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The original file is a WMV. I renmaed to ASF and started the encode process. it works fine until it hits 8%, then it really slows down. Time remaining goes way up. Says it needs 6 more hours. That's a lot for a 15 min file. Help!!!

juice  2004-01-02 06:06:29 ( ID:zqigxf3uunk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first, why r u converting a wmv file to asf, whats the point besides wasting ur time???

Question - TE25 - Tmpeg stops at 64% No.40204
munks  2003-12-20 18:21:32 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when converting a divx (avi) file , to mpeg ,ready to go to dvd every thing runs fine until it starts converting and runs ok till it gets to 64% and stops giving an error message (ill run it again to get error mess and post ) . it does it on every film at 64%

why is this ? can it be fixed

kind regards
munks

munks  2003-12-20 22:00:51 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

here is the message guys

index of scan line is out of range (230)

ashy  2003-12-24 19:36:11 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your error is because you have a corrupt AVI, most probably downloaded from the net.
Don't go expecting trouble free encoding with these crappy AVI's cuz they almost always give some sort of error and it is NOT a fault of TMPG.

You have 2 solutions. Either use Virtualdub to mask the bad frames which are causing the proble and then resave the AVI using the direct copy option or frame serve it to TMPG.

munks  2003-12-29 03:44:54 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes v dub did find bad frames , but not scanning it , playing it ,
delete these frames , save as new avi , converts ok

happy days
thnx for ya help
munks

Question - TE25 - No picture when encoding with TMPGEnc Plus No.40202
lndtf  2003-12-19 22:46:47 ( ID:6w9lsdbrduc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used to see picture running when encoding a Divx AVI file to m2v+wave with
TMPGEnc trial version. Now I have the Plus version but there's no picture
and the burnt DVD comes out with no video. What did I do wrong???

Minion  2003-12-22 21:51:35 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show MultiMedia File Reader" to "2"...and dont Burn a DVD untill you watch the Encoded Mpeg file to make sure it is OK....

Question - TE25 - Error with splitting a file longer than 1hr No.40201
massedgadget  2003-12-19 19:45:07 ( ID:ksbmsrz6oig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been reading all the questions and answers about splitting a file using merge&cut. The problem I have is that I select the first 47 minutes and run this and everything is fine. I then set it for the remainder of the file, about another 40 minutes but when I press run all it does is the next 10+ minutes and not the complete range.

Is this something know about or am I doing something wrong?

Shine On

massedgadget

Question - TE25 - Better description of my problem No.40198
Sillyname  2003-12-19 16:18:35 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The jerky playback on my DVD player I am experiencing (perfect on PC) is almost like frames are missing because when I fast forward, the video does not advance until you are going @ 4x normal playback speed. 1x and 2x hang.

I'm using NTSC DVD template for latest version of TMPGEnc PLUS. Authoring with TMPGEnc Author. Just bought both Monday. I use Mediastudio 7 for editing and made sure through Smart Check and convert that all avis imported into TMPGEnc are interlaced, field order A, DV Type-1 with seperate audio in 48kHz 16-bit PCM wav format.

It's almost as if my DVD player is only playing I-frames or something to that effect.

ashy  2003-12-19 17:57:14 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't take this the wrong way, but please read the terms and rules of this BBS.

DO NOT keep creating multiple posts on the same subject, it is very annoying and will NOT get your questions answered any quicker.

In fact you will likely get ignored by those that can really help as they and myself don't want to be chasing all your posts around this BBS trying to figure out which one to answer as it can get confusing.

Just stick to ONE thread unless you have a completly different question.

Sillyname  2003-12-19 19:07:37 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry. I just didn't want my brainstorms to look like someone was answering my question already by showing up as a reply out to the right of it. I really did buy the program and am looking for support on it as it hasn't quite worked just yet. I RRRrrreally don't mean to deflect your excellent answers by appearing to be uncouth, just frustrated as hell. Almost to the point of maniacal laughter. I'll keep it down to one post from now on.

Do you work for Pegasys?

Question - TE25 - Is this place only for free version? No.40192
Sillyname  2003-12-19 14:57:18 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Almost all the posts that I go to to try to find an answer to my problem, I find someone trying to make a VCD (You know, what the free version allows.)

Are there any struggling DVD creators out there? I need your help. Still getting jerky playback on my DVD player. Okay on PC. Yes I used the default NTSC DVD template. Tried it on 3 types of media both DVD-R and DVD-RW but it's not my DVD having difficulty with reading recordable media because I compress in ULEAD and it plays flawlessly on my DVD player. (Looks like crap, though.)

Using the NTSC DVD template as a reference; what setting would be causing this stop and go playback I am encountering? And no it's not FIELD ORDER.

ashy  2003-12-19 17:42:23 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, if you want help then you will have to give us some info. Just telling us you have jerky playback isn't enough, lets have some details.
What bitrates you are using? What is the source format and your output format?
Have you messed with the default GOP settings? What is the media you are using? What speed are you burning at?
Anything else you think is relevant.

Also as a test try changing the VBV buffer setting to 40 and let us know the results.

ashy  2003-12-19 17:45:01 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also what software are you using to build the VOBS and what do you use to burn it?
Have you tried a different program to build the VOBS?

Sillyname  2003-12-19 19:36:42 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

bitrates: started with 2-pass vbr, then 6000kbps CBR, finally started using DVD NTSC template provided by TMPGEnc. (It defaults to CQ)

source format: Field Order A/DV Type-1, converted all clips to FO B/DV Type-2 to no avail. Now I am back to Field Order A/DV Type-1, which is what my ieee1394 card originally captures in

output format: See source format. Kinda mixed it in. :)

Messed with GOP settings: At 1st yes. Right now using DVD NTSC template.

Media using: MAXELL DVD-Rs and a no name DVD-RW. Both exhibit same problem except when encoder is ULEAD's, then okay but oogly.

Burn speed: 1x for DVD-RW and 2x for DVD-R

The VOB creation tool is TMPGEnc DVD Author. But again DVDs play without skipping on my DVD settop if encoded via ULEAD's Mediastudio 7 MPEG encoder. Ones encoded in TMPGEnc play perfectly on PC but skip on settop DVD.

Sillyname  2003-12-19 19:41:28 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Oh and I've tried both interleaved audio and wavs seperated from video in 48kHz 16-bit PCM format. Both the audio and the video skip in unison. I say this because I've seen posts where people say the video skips but audio plays.

Again all trouble is experienced on settop DVD player, not WinDVD(didn't mention b4.) Trouble is not there using ULEAD's encoder...

ashy  2003-12-19 23:05:00 ( ID:hywsrqzufqm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, does your AVI use any sort of pulldown?
I.E. is it 23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown added or is it a true 29.970 fps source?

Maybe you should try creating a test MPEG using IVTC then add 3:2 pulldown after with Pulldown.exe to see the results.

Question - TE25 - Great DVD Author Program but the encoder... No.40191
Sillyname  2003-12-19 14:48:04 ( ID:lson5c//lnw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The encoder works perfectly for PC video but even with its NTSC DVD template I get hanging audio and video. Plays for 1 sec and then hangs for 1 sec. Like Ralph Machio trying to drive a standard.

Who built the NTSC DVD template for TMPGEnc and why? I had to use ULEAD's encoder on a sample I sent into a video distribution house.

Oh and by the way everybody, strobe lights are the hardest things to compress because many times they exist only within the space of one frame. TMPGEnc was a wiz at getting rid of artifacts experienced during compressing strobes but there's something keeping me from being able to play it properly on my settop DVD player (SAMSUNG N501).

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.