Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 397 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Frame-Level Editing Collector 1 2003-12-01 02:58:14
Question TE25 I can't delete my avi's anymore pat 2 2003-12-03 20:12:31
Question TE25 ACM error when using Frameserver plugin CH 2 2003-12-01 01:20:35
Question TE25 Help! I need VFAPI SDK AAA 1 2003-12-02 09:05:54
Question TE25 Update: AAAGH! Fix 1 problem, now anudder! pzo 0 2003-11-26 21:33:51
Free talk TE25 No more true freeware ?????? George K 5 2003-12-03 19:50:10
Question TE25 AARGH! Fix 1 prob, now anudder! pzo 0 2003-11-26 18:25:06
Question TE25 PAL > PAL M Ian 1 2003-11-26 19:45:32
Question TE25 PAL>NTSC conversion for NEWBIE!!! Ian 2 2003-11-26 22:36:30
Question TE25 AARGH! Fix 1 prob, now anudder! pzo 1 2003-11-26 22:32:10
Question TE25 PAL>NTSC conversion for NEWBIE!!! Ian 0 2003-11-26 16:29:34
Question TE25 Anamorphic MPEG2 which plays with left and right side out of the TV border LucManc 3 2003-11-26 13:19:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 397 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Frame-Level Editing No.40008
Collector  2003-11-30 07:49:39 ( ID:myqtczwqof. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have inconsistent results with trying to clip the beginning and ending of my video files to the exact frame I want.

Sometimes the file is clipped on the exact frame I want, regardless of frame type (I,B,P).

Sometimes the file is clipped over 100 frames (many frame sets) from the frame selected. I can identify up to which frame it jumps back, with the next frame jumping forward.

The problem is greater at the beginning of files, but also happens while clipping the ending of files.

Mostly I am editing VRO (Video Recording Object) files. TMPGEnc is able to do this by accessing the CoDec that comes with CyberLink's PowerDVD program. At first I thought it could be related to the CoDec, but it also happens with MPEG files.

What is the cause of this? Is there a solution? Did I give enough information to answer these questions?

Thanks,
«Collector»

P.S. Also, if I don't take special care, the program often hangs (stops responding) while reviewing the video to select edit points. I can't be sure if this is related.

Minion  2003-12-01 02:58:14 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Tmpgenc"s Mpeg editor is not a Frame accurate editor, It is supposed to just do simple Splitting and Joining, Frame accurate mpeg editors are usually expensive because Mpeg files aren"t meant to be edited so if you don"t cut on an I frame at the end/Beginning of a Gop then it will automaticly go to the next I frame at the end/Beginning of a GOP..With Frame accurate Mpeg editors if you cut on a Frame that isn"t an I frame it re-encodes the Gop so that the Frame is a I Frame..One of the Best Frame accurate Mpeg editors is called "Womble Mpeg2VCR" it is very versitile and easy to use and it can even add transitions and Images to the mpeg file without re-encodeing the whole file, It might be something worth checking into....Cheers

Question - TE25 - I can't delete my avi's anymore No.40005
pat  2003-11-29 17:31:10 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since I've been using tmpgenc. I can't remove .Avi-files from my computer,
I always get the message " file is being used by another program..." I tried to shut down my computer, closed applications in the task manager and even tried to delete some of the avi-files in "safe-mode" wich worked for a few files, but not all of them... can somebody please help, cause my harddisk is overloaded

Video Guy  2003-12-03 19:38:53 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is not the fault of TMPGEnc.

There is known bug in Windows XP (wait ... its a feature).

When you click on an avi file, a preview of it is shown on the bottom left of the explorer window. When you try to delete it you can't because it is being used ..... by the preview window. There is a registry setting to turn this off or just switch to Windows classic mode which does not have the preview.

Video Guy

ashy  2003-12-03 20:12:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Or just try right clicking the file without left clicking first and then delete.

If not successful then try the following fix - your problem arises
because XP sometimes does not release the file after gathering the information from it that it displays when you right-click on a movie file and go to properties.

1. Open up regedit
2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTSystemFileAssociations.avishellexPropertyHandler
3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

Restart and try deleting file now, and you should be able to, but if you still have problems and you can't delete in safemode then you must have a corrupt system which would likely warrant a re-install.

In that case use the WINNT32 /unattend command to reinstall WindowsXP without changing your personal settings or touching your files.

Question - TE25 - ACM error when using Frameserver plugin No.40002
CH  2003-11-28 01:00:47 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been encoding my Ulead VS7-edited AVI Type1 DV files successfully in Tmpgenc. I then tried using the frameserver plugin, but when I start the frameserving, the same file causes TMPgenc to report an "error when ACM is inisitialised".

I mucked around and found that if I chose Video only this problem is avoided, and it looks as if my audio in the source is not the same spec as the template (but TMPG accepts the file for normal encoding so why shouldnt it accept it frameserving?) but I really dont need to go the extra step to split audio, encode audio elsewhere and remux, it's a waste of time for the jobs i'm doing as the audio encoding with TMPG is fine.

Anyone know how to fix this? THks

ch

ashy  2003-11-29 17:11:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems there that the ACM(Audio Compression Manager) is having trouble decoding your audio.

You don't need to split, re-encode and remux else where, but my advice is to demux the audio from your AVI to wav using Virtualdub or whatever then use that as the audio source along with your frame server file as the Video in TMPG and then encode.

CH  2003-12-01 01:20:35 ( ID:cg8ixnyikpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks very much for the sound advice! I will try it tonite.

Cheers
CH

Question - TE25 - Help! I need VFAPI SDK No.40000
AAA  2003-11-27 16:22:08 ( ID:7hl6j0oj6ok )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm now in great need of VFAPI SDK which seems unavailable at"http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_vfapi.html". Anyone who has a copy of it please send to: zhou_heng@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot!

HAHA  2003-12-02 09:05:54 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has been fixed
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_vfapi.html

Question - TE25 - Update: AAAGH! Fix 1 problem, now anudder! No.39999
pzo  2003-11-26 21:33:51 ( ID:obcnpqdlxla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Deleted TMPG, scrubbed the registry, re-installed. Seems to have taken care of the problem. I've run samples in MPEG1 and 2, CBR and VBR. Cool.

pzo

Free talk - TE25 - No more true freeware ?????? No.39993
George K  2003-11-26 18:58:30 ( ID:gxqux1fe1ml )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What happened to the freeware ???????

ashy  2003-11-26 19:43:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What are you talking about?
It's still available.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

fiddle it  2003-12-02 19:10:06 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it's a 30 day trial not freeware!

HAHA  2003-12-03 02:23:32 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It isn't Trial version, trial one is only for !4 days.
I think your meaning hear is MPEG 2 encode function, it is only 30 days for your try.

elyserva  2003-12-03 07:35:38 ( ID:l5iudigv3eh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

14 days trial period for TmpgencPlus

For Tmpgenc-free version, 30 days apply to mpeg2 encoding only. You can still use it for mpeg1 (VCD) encoding.

ashy  2003-12-03 19:50:10 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys.

No encoder can give you free MPEG2 encoding, not legally anyway due to MPEG2 licensing issues, but the MPEG1 encoding is NOT restricted in the free version of TMPG.

Got it now 'fiddle it'?

Question - TE25 - AARGH! Fix 1 prob, now anudder! No.39992
pzo  2003-11-26 18:25:06 ( ID:obcnpqdlxla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion got my "No video out, only audio" problem fixed, oh joy, run TMPGE for an hour only to find strange colors and shading of only a few bits (I think). I have a screenshot at http://www.paulv.net/image2.jpg I have tried this now on two AVI files (DV from Pinnacle Studio)on both VBR and CBR. Same thing, although I got smart and am now testing on a very short clip.

Here is what I'm trying to do, maybe you can make suggestions or corrections.

I have old 8mm analog tapes, which by all measure is the same quality as gold old VHS. According to the Pinnacle default for VHS quality to MPEG, it is 352x240 @ 2400 bits, can't recall what audio. Makes perfect sense to me. But if I record that quality, my standalone DVD player (Apex 1200) won't read it as a VCD. OK, I understand that VCD is supposed to be 1150, although I've read that one can use as high as 1775 and still have it be read as MPEG1.

Since my goal is to put these 8mm's onto DVD anyway, I thought I would encode to MPEG-2, same 352x240, but VBR. I also set TMPGE for MPEG Layer 2 audio as my goal is to save DVD space, and although the old camcorder was recording stereo, let's face it, it is effectively mono.

Perhaps I should go back to MPEG1 @ 2400 bits. Would a standalone DVD play that, or would it, too, see it as a non-standard VCD? Or could I just change the header in MPEG tools to fool any VCD or standalone DVD? (I would burn a test disk, except I'm about out and waiting for the UPS man to deliver more.)

Many, many thanks for wading through this,

pzo

Question - TE25 - PAL > PAL M No.39990
Ian  2003-11-26 18:06:41 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello again,

This is a follow up question really. I would also like to know how to transform a PAL file to PAL M (Mpeg-2 or VOB)

Thanx

ashy  2003-11-26 19:45:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean?
PAL M is a broadcast standard nothing to do with creating PAL MPEGs.

Question - TE25 - PAL>NTSC conversion for NEWBIE!!! No.39987
Ian  2003-11-26 17:59:32 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert a PAL MPEG1 or PAL MPEG-2 (which ever is easiest) into NTSC MPEG-2 or DVD (equivalent) VOB?

What is the easiest way of doing this? I really dont understand the frame rates issue and audio stretching! Is there some software out there which'll do all of this automatically? I mean if some VCRs and DVD player can easily reproduce these formats then why is it so hard to convert it on the PC?

Thanx

ashy  2003-11-26 19:47:32 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, but the simple answer if you want it doing right is that there is no simple way to do it correctly.

Minion  2003-11-26 22:36:30 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It actually isn"t very hard to stretch the audio and change the Frame rate and Ashy and I have explained several different methods on this Forum, but there is not special Program that will do it in the Click of a Button.....so Just Find one of the Posts were it is explained how to do it because re-explaining it would be a Little redundant.....

Question - TE25 - AARGH! Fix 1 prob, now anudder! No.39985
pzo  2003-11-26 17:45:04 ( ID:obcnpqdlxla )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion got my "No video out, only audio" problem fixed, oh joy, run TMPGE for an hour only to find strange colors and shading of only a few bits (I think). I have a screenshot at http://www.paulv.net/image2.jpg I have tried this now on two AVI files (DV from Pinnacle Studio)on both VBR and CBR. Same thing, although I got smart and am now testing on a very short clip.

Here is what I'm trying to do, maybe you can make suggestions or corrections.

I have old 8mm analog tapes, which by all measure is the same quality as gold old VHS. According to the Pinnacle default for VHS quality to MPEG, it is 352x240 @ 2400 bits, can't recall what audio. Makes perfect sense to me. But if I record that quality, my standalone DVD player (Apex 1200) won't read it as a VCD. OK, I understand that VCD is supposed to be 1150, although I've read that one can use as high as 1775 and still have it be read as MPEG1.

Since my goal is to put these 8mm's onto DVD anyway, I thought I would encode to MPEG-2, same 352x240, but VBR. I also set TMPGE for MPEG Layer 2 audio as my goal is to save DVD space, and although the old camcorder was recording stereo, let's face it, it is effectively mono.

Perhaps I should go back to MPEG1 @ 2400 bits. Would a standalone DVD play that, or would it, too, see it as a non-standard VCD? Or could I just change the header in MPEG tools to fool any VCD or standalone DVD? (I would burn a test disk, except I'm about out and waiting for the UPS man to deliver more.)

Many, many thanks for wading through this,

pzo

Minion  2003-11-26 22:32:10 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well The screen shot you left was Just a Blank Media Player screen so i can not help you there.....
If you are Trying to Make a DVD but have Low Resolution files then useing 352+240 is a Valid DVD resolution it is called the SIF Format which means you can Make a Valid DVD useing Mpeg1 or 2 (I prefer Mpeg2 for Quality) and 48000hz audio ,the standard actually calls for Mpeg1 at a Max of 1800kbs but Mpeg 2 Works Just as well or better and Most DVD authoring Programs should author this Format without a Problem....Cheers

Question - TE25 - PAL>NTSC conversion for NEWBIE!!! No.39984
Ian  2003-11-26 16:29:34 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to convert a PAL MPEG1 or PAL MPEG-2 (which ever is easiest) into NTSC MPEG-2 or DVD (equivalent) VOB?

What is the easiest way of doing this? I really dont understand the frame rates issue and audio stretching! Is there some software out there which'll do all of this automatically? I mean if some VCRs and DVD player can easily reproduce these formats then why is it so hard to convert it on the PC?

Thanx

Question - TE25 - Anamorphic MPEG2 which plays with left and right side out of the TV border No.39980
LucManc  2003-11-25 08:04:07 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
I've encoded an AVI file with 16:9 aspect ratio to an MPEG2 file with the same aspect ratio in order to make a SVCD.
When I play such SVCD on my 16:9 TV with the desktop DVD player set to 16:9 output, the aspect ratio is correct but the left and right sides of the video are out of the TV border just like the video wuold be cropped out on these borders.
The video arrange method which I've set is Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio 2).
Does anybody know why?

Many thanks for the help.

B_Racer  2003-11-25 10:31:30 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Most Players don't Play anamorphic SVCDs right.
My Afreey does it the same way zu descriped. But there is a little trick, maybe it works on your Player too: Put a DVD (a REAL DVD) into the Player, start the Movie. Stop the Player an insert the SVCD.
After that, my Afreey plays 16:9-Videos on SVCD with the right size.

LucManc  2003-11-26 13:15:49 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Most Players don't Play anamorphic SVCDs right.
>Put a DVD (a REAL DVD) into the Player, start the Movie. Stop the Player an insert the SVCD.
>After that, my Afreey plays 16:9-Videos on SVCD with the right size.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I've tried that but, unfortunatly, it doesn't work on my DVD player.
Just one more question: does it depend only on the desktop player, considering that a software one (ie. PowerDVD) works well?

Many thanks, again.

ashy  2003-11-26 13:19:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just create your SVCD's with a res of 720x480 instead of 480x480.

I create all my SVCD's with this resolution and not had any problems on any players.
Your player should have no problem playing it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.