Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 400 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Avi To mpg (dvd) cuts off image Albert 3 2003-11-26 22:27:36
Question TE25 Poor Quality Karma wht1986 1 2003-11-18 06:02:36
Question TE25 AVI xvid codec conversion to DVD bryan 1 2003-11-17 21:35:32
Question TDA1 gop too long when using main encoder ElAgula 3 2004-02-01 14:15:45
Question TE25 TMPEG Plus 2.5 read error and jerky playback errors LSTJ 4 2003-11-18 06:06:16
Question TDA1 No Audio sjhc1177 1 2003-11-18 08:30:55
Question TE25 KingJohn KingJohn 0 2003-11-16 10:41:43
Question TDA1 ac3 sound dani 2 2003-12-22 20:41:31
Question TE25 Sound delayed DigiDreamer 2 2003-11-16 10:46:25
Question TE25 Sakuya Audio Bitrate 7 2003-11-17 20:59:34
Question TE25 MPEG2 video doesn't play "smoothly" LucManc 9 2003-11-16 11:14:48
Question TE25 Pixel squares in divx movie. Source, conversion or other? Telsan 2 2003-11-16 10:51:32

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 400 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Avi To mpg (dvd) cuts off image No.39914
Albert  2003-11-17 19:29:21 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert it (from a 1024*768 avi to DVD PAL Mpeg2 720x576 25fps) and play the resulting movie afterwards, the image has been cut off. Is this normal for the free version??

Albert

Minion  2003-11-17 21:43:15 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it shouldn"t Cut it off But I have never Encoded files with such high resolution before with Tmpgenc...The settings that determine how the Image looks in the screen are the "Video Arrange method" and the "Clip Frame" settings, so generally speaking if you use the "Full screen (Keep aspect ratio)" setting your image should be displayed properly but if not just experiment untill it looks correct....Cheers

Albert  2003-11-22 03:01:11 ( ID:trqe0gsytpl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried all the Video Arrange Method settings, and it still keeps on cutting the image off.
Maybe a 1024x768 "master" can't be converted? :((

Albert  2003-11-26 22:27:36 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hmm, apparently it's an on-and-off thing : I've gotten the created dvd-compatible video to be played correctly, but now it's cutting it off again.

I installed Media Player 9 (Win98SE version) and then for about a day it played correctly. Then I messed with the File Types options in MP9 and those in a previous version of MP and it cut off the sides of the video again, very strange. Mind you, I couldn't play ANY mpg anymore without cutting off the image. Now I got it again at the point where all but the TmpgEnc dvd-video play correctly. Or make that : this one AND every dvd movie I play which also get cut off now. Grrrrrr. :|

Question - TE25 - Poor Quality Karma No.39912
wht1986  2003-11-17 16:16:52 ( ID:09ktbo3gxha )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, first off let me say that I love TMPEGEnc. Bang for the buck, you really can't beat it. But I recently purchased the plus version to convert my old home movies to DVD and am having huge mpg quality problems.

The original movie was done on Hi-8. I now have a sony Di-8 camera that can play back Hi-8 as well. So I captured via firewire and have a beautiful DV AVI file. I have been working with the AVI in TMPEGEnc for like 3 weeks now, trying all kinda of different settings and folowing all kinds of guides. Net result is a MPG file that seems very pixelated (is that a word?) and has a ghosting effect to movement. (I tried all the ghost reduction options and such)

But if I throw my AVI into Ulead trial software and burn the DVD, the result is a nice smooth video. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong? I paid for TMPEGEnc so I want to use it, but this is getting crazy.

Heck I will even take a clip and post it on my website if someone wants to take a shot at it and send me their settings.

Thanks in advance.

LSTJ  2003-11-18 06:02:36 ( ID:xib6.4mxz4k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, I have had kind of the same problem myself converting DV camcorder to SVCD, both PAL. The DV tape and avi file looked beautiful on the computer and in the camera if i sent it back to the camcorder and hooked it into my TV. I found that a 2 pass VBR with the highest (slowest) motion detection resulted in the best quality SVCD but it is still not exactly as good as the DV but close enough for me. I always thouhgt that when I bought a DVD writer and started putting my home videos on DVD instead of SVCD this problem would go away but since, to the best of my knowledge, DVD and SVCD uses the same MPEG2 encoding I think I am hoping in wane. Good luck-Lars

Question - TE25 - AVI xvid codec conversion to DVD No.39910
bryan  2003-11-17 13:51:05 ( ID:lz0tfptorsa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have some home movies that were taken off of my video cam. I turned them into AVI files and would like to convert them so I can burn to DVD. I do have tmpgenc plus. For some reason, this program cannot convert using the xvid codec, I end up getting errors with it. It works fine for the AVI/divx coded movies I've done, but so far, nothing with xvid. Can anyone offer some advice? I have found some programs that will convert it, but it also converts the aspect ratio and I want to leave that the same as the original file.
Thanks

Minion  2003-11-17 21:35:32 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes there is a problem with the XviD codec and Tmpgenc, They do not seem to get allong very well...One Possible solution is to delete the XviD codec and install the "FFDshow Decoder" and configure it to decode XviD files...FFDShow can be used to decode all Mpeg-4 codecs without the need for the actual codecs to be installed on the PC...Another Thing that I know does work is to use Virtual Dub to frameserve the Xvid file to Tmpgenc, and AVISynth also works for frameserveing to Tmpgenc.....Cheers

Question - TDA1 - gop too long when using main encoder No.48853
ElAgula  2003-11-16 23:04:08 ( ID:9u.wgynpzpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently upgraded to the new Main Encoder 1.4. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I use tmpgenc depending on the needs. I have been using the tmpgenc authoring program and really like it. Since I have upgraded to 1.4 of the main encoder every movie that I encode and try to author in tmpgenc dvd author, I get an error message about the gop being too long. I did some testing and the problem lies with the tmpgenc dvd author program. I can convert a movie and author it in spruceup or dvd moviefactory and I never get that error message. I can use the same converted movie and try it in tmpgenc dvd author and the error is there. It only occurs when converting with main encoder 1.4 and trying to author with tmpgenc dvd author. The tmpgenc authoring program is version 1.5.15.49. I have gone to the main encoder website and confirmed that there isn't a problems with others when they use a different authoring program.

B_Racer  2003-11-17 08:31:54 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc DVD Author is very strikt to the standards. For PAL, Max-GOP-Lenght is 15, for NTSC 18.
You have to set these GOP-Lenghts in the Encoder. Try using closed GOPs.

ElAguila  2003-11-30 23:16:17 ( ID:9u.wgynpzpo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I used the default settings for NTSC in the Main encoder. Tmpgenc dvdauthor is the only authoring program that gives that error. The max was set to 18 for my ntsc file. I created a dvd elementary stream that was NTSC. The default setting is 18 so I leave that alone but I get the error when using tmpgenc dvd authoring. I can read the exact same file into spruceup or dvd moviefactory and I don't get that error message. What is going on that is causing that message? It says that the dvd will be out of standard. The file I am converting is a divx 23.976 avi file.

ethab  2004-02-01 14:15:45 ( ID:eeylgaggea2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just ignore the error

Question - TE25 - TMPEG Plus 2.5 read error and jerky playback errors No.39905
LSTJ  2003-11-16 19:32:25 ( ID:xib6.4mxz4k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All, I posted a few days back because I kept getting read error messages when trying to encode a DivX source to SVCD. Someone told me to defrag my temp drive and make sure I had enough space there, I do (50+GB), and defragging it helped for 1 batch of 3 encodes. After that I got the same read error message saying "Read error occured at address 000B1CD2 of module 'TMPEGnc.exe' with 00000014". I checked my disk tools and according to them I do not need to defrag the drive again, I have tried to set the tempfile to 5,5 GB and also attempted to reinstall TMPEGnc and the program now encodes but the playback is very jerky. I'm encoding a PAL source to PAL SVCD so that should not be the problem. I have saved the audio in Virtual dub and also checked for bad frames with Vdub MP3. I have also tried to upgrade TMPEGnc Plus to the latest version but I am getting told that the serial I input is incorrect. I am at a loss here and would be very grateful for any help with this. Computer details: P4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB, XP Sp1, no overclocking and all the CPU options under environmental settings choosen and Direct Show Multimedia file reader has the highest priority. Best regards-Lars

Minion  2003-11-16 23:15:34 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Jerky Playback can be caused from a few things, Make sure that you know if your Source is Interlaced or Progressive and encode it accordingly, and if it is Interlaced make sure that you have the Field order set correctly...And if the Jumpy playback is on your DVD Player then try this disk on your PC and see if it is Jumpy on your PC also and if it plays fine on your PC but jumpy on your DVD/TV then it could be a Bitrate Spike Problem..Also remember to Burn your SVCD"s at the Lowest Speed Possible,4x speed would be Ideal.....Cheers

LSTJ  2003-11-17 07:25:11 ( ID:kamzlk/bqua )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Minion, Thanks for reply. The SVCD plays jerky on the PC as well, both if I play the disc and if I play the SVCD file that I burn. How do I see if the source is interlaced? Is there a program that I can run to check this as well as the field order? The thing is that the first half of the DivX encoded fine but then my 1,5 year old son got to the computer and stopped the encoding of the second half. When trying to restart the process is where my problems started so I guess some setting could be different from the first half encoding. Thanks again-Lars

Minion  2003-11-17 21:29:57 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you use the "Wizard" to load your file into Tmpgenc, it will then Analize the File to see if it is Interlaced or Progressive and if it is Interlaced it will set the Field order accordingly...Cheers

LSTJ  2003-11-18 06:06:16 ( ID:xib6.4mxz4k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello again, if that is the case it can't be the cause of my problem because I have loaded the file in the wizard many times and not touched the interlace or field order setting after that. Must be something else causing this. Since both the mpeg file and disc plays jerky on my computer I doubt if it is something wiht the burning either. I am at a loss :-( Thanks for your time & ideas anyway-Lars

Question - TDA1 - No Audio No.48851
sjhc1177  2003-11-16 15:29:39 ( ID:yyf9xwk7awf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I haven't made any movies in a few months. And when I try now using tmpgenc from Divx movies to tmpgencDVD the audio directory is blank. But tmpgenc had made the m2v and wav files. But when authored there's no audio?

Anyone know what to do. I've tried reinstalling and nothing helps.

HAHA  2003-11-18 08:30:55 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If your sound is AC3 format, it will not be supported by TMPGEnc at the moment.

Question - TE25 - KingJohn No.39904
KingJohn  Home )  2003-11-16 10:41:43 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, sorry I can see a few people have asked me questions, However I don't visit this forum often. If you need to get hold of me please visit my forum, which I will be happy to discuss TMPGEnc any any other problems.

TMPGEnc latest release works just fine, but remember that the source makes all the difference, crap in crap out :)

http://www.movieking.co.uk/forum/

Question - TDA1 - ac3 sound No.48848
dani  2003-11-15 09:44:37 ( ID:qjrsb4sjsgl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i got several vob files with ac3 sound which i want to burn as a dvdr...
but when i click add file and select the vob.. he tells me there is on audio? what should i do? :/

B_Racer  2003-11-17 08:34:01 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know where your VOBs are from, but some Programs do produce Streams with wronge Stream-Numbers for the Audio-Parts, especialy if the VOB was stripped from a DVD. Try to use TMPGENc to Demux the VOBs first.

hoppy  2003-12-22 20:41:31 ( ID:lss3786diyo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem, i used dvd2avi to rip the audio out. worked like a dream

Question - TE25 - Sound delayed No.39901
DigiDreamer  2003-11-15 02:42:13 ( ID:boqsw.liazl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am a newbie at this and I've been trying to convert my collection of avi episodes to mpeg. Only thing is that whenever I convert, the resulting mpeg's sound seems to be delayed by a few seconds, causing a lot of frustration. I've been running it under default settings, is there someting I have to change? Or is it something completely different?

Sincerely,
dimicelli@comcast.net

Minion  2003-11-15 23:30:30 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sync Problems are somethimes caused from encodeing to a frame rate different than the Source Frame rate, That means that if your AVI file has a Frame rate of 25fps you have to encode it to a Mpeg file that has 25fps or you can experience Sync problems...so allways make sure you are encodeing to the same Frame rate as the source file, But not knowing anything about your Files I can not tell you if this is your Problem...Cheers

KingJohn  Home )  2003-11-16 10:46:25 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If the original AVI has been scanned for junk frames, and any found removed, try saving out the audio using Vdub, save it uncompressed. The use that in TMPGEnc.

Vdub

Audeo > full prosessing mode
SAVE WAV

http://www.movieking.co.uk/guides/aviaudio.html

Want more
http://www.movieking.co.uk/forum/

Question - TE25 - Sakuya No.39893
Audio Bitrate  2003-11-15 01:56:36 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to make an XVCD with an audio bitrate of 384 kbits/sec instead of the usual 224? Would the MPEG come out larger? And will it take the conversion process longer?

Minion  2003-11-15 02:30:04 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I suppose you could and it would make the File Bigger, But I don"t really see much Point in it because any audio quality gain wouldn"t be noticeable and it is Bitrate that would be better used for Video Quality....

ashy  2003-11-15 16:01:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion, it's a complete waste of time and space encoding to any higher than standard. Even 192 kb/s is plenty and is the recommended setting for Prologic tracks, so 224 should be more than enough.

Remeber MPEG audio is only two channel, but AC3 tracks have 5 channels and thus require more bitrate to encode these channels.

ashy  2003-11-15 16:03:21 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually before anybody comes along and corrects me, Ac3 has 5.1 channels where the .1 is the LFE.

KingJohn  Home )  2003-11-16 10:48:52 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

XVCD, XSVCD, some players wont play the disks, unless the audio bitrate is higher, else there are skips and jumps. You need to know whats best for you, not whats best for everyone else.

Minion  2003-11-16 23:07:54 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That doesn"t make any Sence....The VCD standard calls for 224kbs so why wouldn"t that play in some Players.....Skips and Jumps on your DVD Player is Caused more from too high of a Bitrate as opposed to too low of a Bitrate...

Sakuya  2003-11-17 20:43:10 ( ID:yjvzugeaiog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, I just noticed I switched my name with the subject title. Anyway, thanks for the insight. Was just wondering!

ashy  2003-11-17 20:59:34 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree, saying that if the audio bitrate isn't high enough it won't play doesn't make sense to me either.

If a player is able to play XVCD or XSVCD in the first place then it means the player is quite tolerant to out of standard tracks which means it should have no problem with slightly higher or lower bitrates.

Some really picky players may not like disks with any more than the standard VCD or SVCD bitrate, but it is very rare for a player to reject the disk just because it has a different audio bitrate.

Question - TE25 - MPEG2 video doesn't play "smoothly" No.39883
LucManc  2003-11-14 08:10:15 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello!
I've converted a DivX video into MPEG2 in order to make a SVCD with TMPGEnc: the sound is ok but the video doesn't play "smoothly", it seems that skips same frames during play.
Not so bad to make the video un-seeingable but the source DivX plays good, nobody knows why? Does that depend on the DivX codec?
The video is encoded with DivX v3 ;-) codec.
For MPEG2 encoding I've used CQ 85, max bitrate 2450, min 300 and system set to MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR).
Thanks for the help.

B_Racer  2003-11-14 10:22:36 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What was the Source- and what the Target-Framerate?

LucManc  2003-11-14 13:10:57 ( ID:glc4fulnv7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What was the Source- and what the Target-Framerate?

Source framerate: 23.976 fps
Target framerate: 25 fps

I play the SVCD on a desktop DVD player connected to a PAL TV: for this reason I've set 25,00.
If this is the problem, how could I do?

Thanks.

B_Racer  2003-11-14 13:17:40 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do a Propper PAL-SpeedUp, this prevents any jerky Motion.

Setting -> Advanced -> Do not frame rate conversion

All other Settings set to PAL.

Minion  2003-11-14 22:45:11 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can do that But if you do the Audio will be out of Sync by about 4%...
So what I would do is first Extract the audio from the Source file to Wav format, The encode the Video to a Pal Mpeg video file But with the "Do Not Frame rate Convertion" checked in the "Advanced settings"...After encodeing the Video you should find out the exact length of the Video File and write it down...You will Notice that the Video is shorter than the Audio by about 4%, to Fix this you use an audio editor like "Goldwave" and go to "Effects" to "Time Warp" and Type in the exact length of the mpeg Video file and then save as a New Wav audio file...Now you just encode the new wav audio file to Mpeg audio and Multiplex the audio to the Video and they should then be in Perfect sync..I have done 3 movies from Pal 25fps to NTSC 23.97fps in the Last week and they all turned out perfect.....

B_Racer  2003-11-14 23:49:23 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I never tried GoldWave, because i own WaveLab. Does GoldWave over a way to pitch the Sound too? Or does it only a slow down or speed up?

Minion  2003-11-15 02:27:54 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It has a couple Time Stretch options ,the most accurate is the Slow down speed up method ,But it also has a time streth method that does not Change the Pitch, it does it by adding or subtracting audio samples to change the Length but I find this method doesn"t sound as good..Sound forge and Vegas Video also have the same features and it works just as well but I found Goldwave easier to use and easier to explain how to use....Cheers

ashy  2003-11-15 16:13:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually Goldwave does alter the Pitch. It never used to in earlier versions, but it does in the new versions and works perfect.
Just select 'Rate' as the 'Algorithm' method.

Minion  2003-11-15 23:25:55 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes...Goldwave has 3 Different methods, the Slow Down Speed up method is the one that also alters the Pitch...The other 2 Methods Do not alter the Pitch but they don"t seem to sound as good or are as accurate....Cheers

B_Racer  2003-11-16 11:14:48 ( ID:jrnhxvjhlek )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ProSonic TimeFactory does an extrem good pitching, but that tool is VERY slow. So i use WaveLab 3. It isn't that perfact than TimeFactory, but much faster, and on good Audio-Sources, you can't notice bad effects after the Pitching.

Question - TE25 - Pixel squares in divx movie. Source, conversion or other? No.39880
Telsan  Home )  2003-11-14 02:35:24 ( ID:cvmyytummra )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to encode an original divx file into a svcd file and I am having an odd problem. If you go here:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~telsan/noise.html

You will find a snapshot of what is happening.

This boxiness only happens on a few frames, but it is noticable. It does NOT appear when I play the original divx file with either divx player or mplayer (with ffdshow) decoder. It appears when I *open* the file in MPEGenc to encode it into a SVCD and in the subsequent svcd file.

I have three such files. The first one converted from divx to svcd without a hitch. The other two exhibit this symptom. So where is this problem comming from? The original? The conversion?

It's very annoying to have those corrupted frames in those files. Is it a conversion problem? Can it be fixed?

Any imput would be very helpful.

Thanks

Minion  2003-11-14 22:51:36 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is Most Likely because there is Corruption in the AVI files and only shows up after being decoded by Tmpgenc ...I get this quite often with Downloaded DivX/XviD movies and there isn"t anything you can really do about it accept maybe edit out the Bad Parts ....

KingJohn  Home )  2003-11-16 10:51:32 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Artefacts are sometimes the cause of downloading errors, capture problems and a whole lot more. All AVI's should be scanned for junk frames before any encoding is done

http://www.movieking.co.uk/guides/badframes.html

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.