Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 406 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Minion: How you made 2 48 mintues SVCDs xwyang 1 2003-10-31 09:24:20
Question TE25 ASHY: Please send some SVCD PAL templates of TMPG xwyang 3 2003-11-14 05:44:41
Question TE25 Interlace/Non and Fields with the Velocity jokillamofo 3 2003-10-31 18:29:10
Free talk TE25 ffdshow-20031028.exe Yeppie 0 2003-10-30 20:33:44
Question TE25 write error occured jza 1 2003-10-31 19:06:06
Question TE25 Interlace/Non and Field Orders - Episode II joekillamofo 4 2003-10-30 21:43:57
Question TDA1 no audio when i burn vob files wildbill 1 2003-11-05 07:57:28
Question TE25 Grayed-out Fields? Dirt Rider 1 2003-10-29 22:40:45
Request TDA1 split in two files richard 1 2003-10-29 21:09:47
Question TE25 Aspect Ratio Egims 0 2003-10-29 14:44:54
Question TE25 Merge & Cut Gaffer 1 2003-10-29 22:46:05
Question TE25 Merge & Cut Gaffer 3 2003-10-29 22:52:59

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 406 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Minion: How you made 2 48 mintues SVCDs No.39685
xwyang  2003-10-31 06:09:08 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the message you replied on 08/02 to the question "SVCD on 2 80 minutes CDs", you said:

"i did 2 48 minute svcd"s and they were each about 750mb and the quality was great.The settings were useing the CQ(Constant Quality)with a maximum bitrate of 4500kbs and a minimum bitrate of 750kbs and the quality at 85, with these settings you should be able to get 50 minutes of svcd on a cd-r and if you want to get more try putting the quality down to 80 then you might get close to 55-60minutes.and putting the audio bitrate down to 128kbs will give you more space for video without looseing noticeable audio quality.."

In the max and min bitrate you suggested, I encode the SVCD file, but the file size is much larger than 750mb. So could you please tell me how you did it.

Thanks, Xwyang

Minion  2003-10-31 09:24:20 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well with the CQ Method there is No telling How Big the file will be so you have got to play around with a Few different settings...If the File is too big then lower the Max bitrate a Little and lower the Quality setting, Maybe try with the Max Bitrate at 3000kbs and the Quality at 70%...The files size is so unpredictable because if your file has a Lot of action or a Lot of Movement the File will be a Lot bigger than a File with Less action...Good Luck

Question - TE25 - ASHY: Please send some SVCD PAL templates of TMPG No.39681
xwyang  2003-10-31 03:48:13 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

email: cccs88@sina.com

Thanks, xwyang

ashy  2003-10-31 17:32:48 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mailed.

xwyang  2003-11-01 01:05:50 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you so much.

Xwyang

Simonk83  2003-11-14 05:44:41 ( ID:pt1llzknppm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Any chance of sending me some too? That would be awesome :)

Thanks
Simon

Question - TE25 - Interlace/Non and Fields with the Velocity No.39677
jokillamofo  2003-10-30 22:39:01 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

FINALLY!

I solved this. And its a miracle.

Bascially I am gonna post this so that people will be able to pick it up and just have the solution by searching the forums.

This is my own experience, I am using a Velocity editing system to output all of our media (television, game cinematic and film based) to TGA sequences so that I can take those sequences and compress (getting a really nice quality I might add) them in TMPGEnc to prepare them for DVDLab 1.1, final output being a DVD with the utmost configuration possible and with the best possible video.

The problem I was having was that the video actually appeared to flicker in all the interlaced parts. Anything not interlaced was fine. We wound up opening a frame in photoshop and using the video/deinterlace filter saw that there was still a 'shadow' of the other field which we assumed was causing the flickering in playback.

Solution (this is only for velocity as far as I know), was that when we were outputting from the velocity we hadnt selected a field, there is a dropdown box that is defaulted to No Fields (I wasnt doing the outputting at the time), so basically I was encoding over and over and over again (drilling my head into the wall) to get what I thought was a interlacing/field problem on my end fixed. All we did was select A Fields in the drop down box and then in TMPGEnc I just selected A Field and Interlace source and then Interlaced output.

Something else that was messing me up, selecting interlaced output and then opening the file in Windows Media Player makes you think the interlacing is F'ed up, it looks fat and clumped, ITS _NOT_!!! ITS FINE!!! Screen capture and bring into Photoshop and you will see the interlacing is perfect, when it appears too fat in WMP... Damn WMP.

Thanks you guys on the forum here for the help and suggestions. The pain is over, now the easy part of just outputting everything can FINALLY start happening.

By the way I still cant believe the insane compression we get with this thing, 6GB Files compressed down to 200MB and they are clean even when paused... Damn.

Joe

Minion  2003-10-31 09:30:16 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Poeple Often think they are seeing Interlace artifacts when watching interlaced video on a PC Monitor because Monitors aren"t meant to display Interlaed material so you see every field and every artifact on the Monitor but not on a TV which is meant to disply Interlaced material, and software Players Like Media Player suck for watching Interlaced Mpeg files because it ignores the Aspect ratio and it doesn"t use any Deinterlace filters on Playback like software DVD Players Like WinDVD and PowerDVD Do...weel I"m glad you got it worked out...Cheers

ashy  2003-10-31 17:39:37 ( ID:szc3d9vwiqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>By the way I still cant believe the insane compression we get with this thing, 6GB Files compressed down to 200MB and they are clean even when paused... Damn.

Are you saying you are compressing to TGA at this compression.
I'd like to see a few frames of this to judge for myself, seems a bit unbelievable that a 6gig file can be compressed to 200mb without noticable artifacts unless this is some sort of high bitrate, high res source.

jokillamofo  2003-10-31 18:29:10 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am taking uncompressed TGAs straight into TMPGEnc and outing to a mv2 elementary stream.

There are artifacts but usually only in certain scenes and stuff that I could probably fix anyways playing with the I frames and whatnot but overall the compression is fantastic... We have a priority with another job at the moment going out to DVD and as today is my last day at this job it will be rather hard for me to get you a sample but I will probably be going in and out so I will see what I can do.

Joe

Free talk - TE25 - ffdshow-20031028.exe No.39676
Yeppie  2003-10-30 20:33:44 ( ID:r7zuyevigpn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes a new ffdshow codec :0)

I got it from www.tvfreak.cz

Cheers,

Hendrik

Question - TE25 - write error occured No.39674
jza  2003-10-30 17:54:29 ( ID:dm6g.wv62hc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to encode a divx to mpeg1 and im getting an error
'write error occured at address 77f83aed of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000'

what does this mean?

Video Guy  2003-10-31 19:06:06 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You get this error mainly from the Xvid codec. Try installing FFDShow and use it to decode the video.

Video Guy.

Question - TE25 - Interlace/Non and Field Orders - Episode II No.39669
joekillamofo  2003-10-30 02:15:15 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, so I have gone over and over and over this. And over this.

Encoded both ways and the problem persists the slight jitter in the interlaced stuff.

Here is the problem, also, I am using a source that I had previously used before with success, I have narrowed it down a bit more for you folks...

The entire frame doesnt jitter, when I reduce the resolution CBR 2500 or something, where it would normally be 8000, most of the frame is smooth, but I can see jitter where the interlacing in the frames are, so now that its extremely low res it becomes smoother but that jitter is still in the edges of things...

I cannot deinterlace, wont happen, boss would lose his everloving mind if this thing got 1 ounce of blur in it. With that, I have tried Fields/Interlaced and non up the wazoo, I have come to the assumtion this isnt that kinda problem, partially because we had that problem before and it got fixed...

I am thinking its in the checkboxes in the GOP settings and quantize matrix settings, but as I havent gotten very into learning the really gritty details of what those checkboxes mean, I am still in the dark as to what I am doing with them. If you guys could point me in the direction of some laymans explanations of those boxes it would be a help, I will search the forum for explanations in the meantime. (which I now am slapping myself for not doing already)

Joe

joekillamofo  2003-10-30 16:41:25 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, when I interlace it, it comes through on the other end double interlaced or something, basically it has fatter interlacing rather than the normal stuff, the lines are like double the thickness...

I was thinking that it might be my DVD burning software but as I am telling it not to de/remux it, then it should just leave the thing alone and use the file as is... Again I am confused because the noninterlaced stuff thats mixed in with the interlaced stuff is playing just fine!?!? And it all worked before?!?

Joe

joekillamofo  2003-10-30 20:25:56 ( ID:ruazgg1bomf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, when I interlace it, it comes through on the other end double interlaced or something, basically it has fatter interlacing rather than the normal stuff, the lines are like double the thickness...

I was thinking that it might be my DVD burning software but as I am telling it not to de/remux it, then it should just leave the thing alone and use the file as is... Again I am confused because the noninterlaced stuff thats mixed in with the interlaced stuff is playing just fine!?!? And it all worked before?!?

Joe

ashy  2003-10-30 21:05:51 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What frame rate is the source?
It seems like this material has some sort of telecine added to the interlaced stuff.
This mixing of interlaced and non interlaced is quite common to anime films which are hybrids just like your source and are notoriously difficult to encode.

This page may help ( click IVTC For NTSC and then scroll down to the part about ANIME and THE DREADED HYBRIDS):

http://www.doom9.org/ivtc-tut.htm

Minion  2003-10-30 21:43:57 ( ID:/d4nypdxsbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually when I get this Type of Problem I use an Adaptive de-interlacer that will Just de-interlace the Parts that need it and a sharpen Filter to overcome any Blurryness caused from De-interlaceing....Just a Thought....

Question - TDA1 - no audio when i burn vob files No.48837
wildbill  2003-10-29 21:04:12 ( ID:rqghnp3u6ul )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

help! i have been encoding movies on to dvd for a couple of months now but all of a sudden i`am having trouble. when i encode my movie everything is fine and dandy:) then i load my file into tmpgenc dvd author thats ok i preview my movie thats fine it has sound good picture all is well. when i output the file to a series of vob files and burn to dvd there is no audio why?

i have done this loads of times before and there has been no problem i acnt understand it.

software i use is: cce,aviscript or gocce,tmpgenc dvd author, and i have all the latest codecs

HAHA  2003-11-05 07:57:28 ( ID:uexq2jhhhql )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please read
http://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbscgi/search/docs/en/tda/box00/tda_post_209.html

Question - TE25 - Grayed-out Fields? No.39667
Dirt Rider  2003-10-29 19:06:32 ( ID:pmrd0vcj1.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using the plug-in from videotools.net to integrate tmpgenc with Premiere, to encode web .mpg directly from the edit window.

I am trying to get the file size down, but the main TMPGEnc panel is all "grayed" out and I can't adjust bitrate and other parameters?

ashy  2003-10-29 22:40:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load the unlock.mcf template.

Request - TDA1 - split in two files No.48835
richard  2003-10-29 14:45:16 ( ID:pn/gdq3thyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how can i convert avi to svcd and split it in multiple files to write on multiple 80 mins cds ? i cannot find an option for this.
tnx.

caesarkent  2003-10-29 21:09:47 ( ID:.6b7aobq/x2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Author doesn't create SVCDs. You want to use something like
DVDx (you can find pointers to it on www.dvdrhelp.com) to create
your SVCD files. (I've never tried to go from a .AVI to SVCD; you
might need to convert the AVI to DVD (using TMPGEnc and DVD Author)
and then use DVD2SVCD or DVDx to convert it to a multi-disk SVCD.

Question - TE25 - Aspect Ratio No.39666
Egims  2003-10-29 14:44:54 ( ID:g8bsnd73m.h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this question has been beaten to death, but would appreciate some guidance.

I am attempting to record some home videos onto Video CD's. Is this the correct way to do it and have them display correctly on a typical 4x3 ratio TV.

1) Record the video digitally at 320x240, 30fps, NTSC format.
2) Using TMPGEnc, select MPEG-1 (which is 352x240) and as a "Source Aspect Ratio" select 4:3 525 line (NTSC), and for "Video Arrange Method" select Full Screen (keep aspect ratio)

Because I did this, and the result seems correctly perportioned and nice, but on computer it appears like the 320x240 movie is contained in the center of a 352x240 box with black borders on the right and left, and narrow black borders on the top and bottom. What I am wondering is if...when I play the video CD in my DVD player, on my 4:3 TV screen, it will attempt to display the movie as 352x240, which will either create a black border at the top and bottom of my TV screen, or will it squish the 352x240 to full screen and distort the 320x240 movie it contains, OR will it just display the 320x240 movie full screen on my TV to perfection!

Thanks

Question - TE25 - Merge & Cut No.39664
Gaffer  2003-10-29 12:05:44 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1.3G file that I am trying to cut to fit on two 80 minute CDs. I used edit in MPEG tools and managed to set the start as 0 and the end as 1 hour 18 minutes for the first one. But it will not let me set the start as 1 hour 18 minutes and the end as last. I also notice in the scroll bar at the bottom of the edit screen is blank. Are there any options that I need to turn on/off in order to make this bit work. I always seem to have trouble with this part in the edit screen. If I press the play button the movie plays OK, but I can not use the scroll bar to move to the frame I want to. As soon as I click on the scroll bar the movie stops and the marker doesn't move with the mouse.

Minion  2003-10-29 22:46:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Tmpgenc Editor can be buggy at times...Download this: "http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.42.lzh" it has a Simple Mpeg editor that you can use to Cut Mpeg files, hopefully this will work better than the Tmpgenc editor...Cheers

Question - TE25 - Merge & Cut No.39660
Gaffer  2003-10-29 11:53:56 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 1.3G file that I am trying to cut to fit on two 80 minute CDs. I used edit in MPEG tools and managed to set the start as 0 and the end as 1 hour 18 minutes for the first one. But it will not let me set the start as 1 hour 18 minutes and the end as last. I also notice in the scroll bar at the bottom of the edit screen is blank. Are there any options that I need to turn on/off in order to make this bit work. I always seem to have trouble with this part in the edit screen. If I press the play button the movie plays OK, but I can not use the scroll bar to move to the frame I want to. As soon as I click on the scroll bar the movie stops and the marker doesn't move with the mouse.

ashy  2003-10-29 12:03:15 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it MPEG2?

gaffer  2003-10-29 12:23:01 ( ID:jbf9z1zvmic )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ashy, Yes it is mpeg2.

ashy  2003-10-29 22:52:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This problem can be related to the MPEG2 codec that TMPG is using to decode the file.
Do you know which ones you have installed in Windows?

Uninstall any others and try this one here: http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/

If that doesn't work then try this one:
http://www.kehuelga.org/video/dvd/app/freedvd.zip

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.