Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 408 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Can't start TMPGEnc Johnny 0 2003-10-28 10:07:55
Question TE25 Wizard cofused about settings...please help Newguy 1 2003-11-02 17:30:54
Question TE25 AVIU to MPEG shifted audio. Alex 1 2003-10-28 08:39:15
Question TE25 Audio Distorted on .MPG, but ok on .AVI Chris 0 2003-10-27 22:00:27
Question TE25 Audio Distorted on .MPG, but ok on .AVI Chris 1 2003-10-27 21:46:57
Question TE25 Picture Looks Squished Rash 3 2003-10-28 16:03:40
Question TE25 Reducing file size when converting avi to mpeg ranjan 1 2003-10-27 17:35:20
Question TE25 Determining first pass size Kempodragon 1 2003-10-27 08:53:16
Question TE25 No sound after converting .avi file to .mpeg Nandprasad Joshi 0 2003-10-26 18:18:58
Bug report TE25 No sound after convering Avi to Mpeg Nandprasad Joshi 7 2003-10-30 20:44:59
Question TE25 tmpgenc freezes niko 0 2003-10-26 12:19:24
Request TDA1 Loosing chapters after replacing input file Jaap 1 2003-10-27 08:56:55

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 408 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Can't start TMPGEnc No.39634
Johnny  2003-10-28 10:07:55 ( ID:tdszrdlno1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i'm starting TMPGEnc the following window appears:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read error occurred at address BFF7A115 of module 'KERNEL32.DLL' with 0092FFC4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? What shall i do ? I'm using Windows98. Later everything
was OK.

Question - TE25 - Wizard cofused about settings...please help No.39632
Newguy  2003-10-28 05:34:14 ( ID:x.ytzhkqpkl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am usung the wizard in tmpgenc to create a DVd for ntsc tv.
the movie files are divx which i have downloaded...
Is there a way to tell what the source video settings should be with out guessing. I think tmpgenc detects the wrong ones. I would like to know how to be able to tell what the original aspect ratio and frame settings are in the source file. Also, should the output file aspect ratio be the same as the source, in other wards if it is 19:6 can i make it 4:3...etc?
thanks

Me  Home )  2003-11-02 17:30:54 ( ID:4wr3qfkxg.n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Load into vdub, select file > file information

More
http://www.movieking.co.uk/

Question - TE25 - AVIU to MPEG shifted audio. No.39630
Alex  2003-10-27 23:06:40 ( ID:ui/5v08mc2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I re-encoded avi into mpeg and noticed that the audio get shifted substantially (2 sec) toward the beginning (sound before action).
The shift occured rigt from the very beginning (the sound starts earlier that in should).
This is really frustration, since there is no way to test this before the whole job is done.
Are there any ways to make sound-video sync less enigmatic and less problematic?

My second question is about the automatic source setting. The user below was advised not to trust TMPGEnc automatic settings in the source stream because it "usually get sit wrong". Isn't it outrageous? Is there a simple and detailes explanation of these options? Also Video movie or Film movie. Although explained in help, its still unclear. If I have an DivX avi with a 23.97 fps animation, is it "Video" or "Film"? When I say Film, TMPG perforem reverse telecine to convert it to NTSC. Why? Shouldn't it telecine it to convert from to the higher NTSC 30fps rate?

Alex.

B_Racer  2003-10-28 08:39:15 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

23.976 FpS is FILM-Source. TMPGEnc can handle this fine, but you have to do some preparations.
Settings -> Advanced -> Do not Frame rate conversion
This have to be activated.

Setting -> Video
Set Encode Mode to 3:2 pulldown when playback
Set Frame rate to 23.976 (internally 29.97 fps)

Question - TE25 - Audio Distorted on .MPG, but ok on .AVI No.39629
Chris  2003-10-27 22:00:27 ( ID:asjbjltgisc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a .avi file to .mpg, and halfway through the .mpg file the audio becomes distored. The audio is fine all the way through the .avi, so I don't understand why it is distorted in the .mpg. I tested this by playing both files in Windows Media Player. I have never had this problem with a file before.

Thanks for any ideas on how to correct this.

Question - TE25 - Audio Distorted on .MPG, but ok on .AVI No.39627
Chris  2003-10-27 21:41:22 ( ID:asjbjltgisc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a .avi file to .mpg, and halfway through the .mpg file the audio becomes distored. The audio is fine all the way through the .avi, so I don't understand why it is distorted in the .mpg. I tested this by playing both files in Windows Media Player. I have never had this problem with a file before.

Thanks for any ideas on how to correct this.

Minion  2003-10-27 21:46:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you go to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Audio engine" and at the Bottom under "Sample Rate converter" choose "High Quality" then this should Produce better Quality audio, But Idealy to get the best audio quality I would just do the audio encodeing useing a Totally seperate program cuz Tmpgenc"s audio encoder isn"t the best quality, you can also get external audio plugins for Tmpgenc....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Picture Looks Squished No.39623
Rash  2003-10-27 17:25:43 ( ID:azmdj./u23c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I made a movie to dvd using the wizard...but the movie looks squished on my screen. Does the wizard not automatically pick the right format size for the source, in this case it came up with VGA 1:1. Do i need to change anything or is there a way to tell what format the original is in?
Thanks Again

ashy  2003-10-27 17:54:54 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, don't rely on TMPG to pick the right source ratio as it usually gets it wrong. It is quite likely your source is 16:9, if it's obviously not then it will be 4:3.

Rash  2003-10-27 18:17:26 ( ID:azmdj./u23c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks...ill give it a try
One more thing..I also noticed sound was quite tinny...is that the source? I seperated the sound and vid with Virtual dub
thanks

ashy  2003-10-28 16:03:40 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to the audio tab in the Enviromental settings and set the sample rate converter to high quality.

Question - TE25 - Reducing file size when converting avi to mpeg No.39621
ranjan  2003-10-27 14:05:28 ( ID:wdeztcbr1kj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using latest version to convert from 5mb avi file to mpg, assuming mpg file will be smaller in size (correct me if I am wrong)

At default setting the mpg file is comming to be arounf 14 mb, where as I was expecting around 2 mb when converted to mpg.

What setting can reduce the file size, should the physical size on screen reduced to get smaller file size or any other compresion is there to get smalled file size yet keeping the quality to acceptable level.

Hope some one can shed some light on this.

ashy  2003-10-27 17:35:20 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In most cases MPEGs will be larger than AVI's of similar quality.
The size of the orginal has no bearing whatsoever on the output size, what does matter is the length of source and the bitrate chosen for the output.

If you want to reduce the size then you will have to reduce the bitrate, but without knowing the stats of your source I can't really give you much more help than that.

Question - TE25 - Determining first pass size No.39619
Kempodragon  2003-10-26 20:03:33 ( ID:p.nbr9qm5bj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was encoding a capture of Akira Kurosawa's "The Hidden Fortress" for a DVD, using 2 pass VBR. During the first pass, I noticed the cq factor was 49.64 and the bitrate was extremely low. I thought that 2 pass worked like it does while encoding in Xvid and Divx, namely the first pass uses min compression (cq=100?) and builds a file with necessary info and then scales it accordingly. TMPG seems to use a high quantizer factor while analyzing and then use less while encoding. The reason I'm wondering about this is because you can determine the first pass size from the stats file and thus determine the compression ratio of your final file size. I'd like to be able to do the same thing with TMPEG, namely compare the DVD file size with the first pass size. Can someone tell me how I can find out this info?

B_Racer  2003-10-27 08:53:16 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEncs 2pass-Mode works completly differnt from this DivX-Thing (like ANY MPEG-Encoder).

DivX works with trying different Bitrates, TMPGEnc trys different CQ-Factors.
There's no way to do what you want, and it makes imho no sense to do that.

Question - TE25 - No sound after converting .avi file to .mpeg No.39618
Nandprasad Joshi  2003-10-26 18:18:58 ( ID:lhxqjuvt3yj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear friends, Pl. see my previous mail so continue of this. I forget to say that after completion of conversion of .avi file to .mpeg lastly i got one message box saying "streamline error". I think some problem must be there.

PL. tell me soon what is the problem.

thanking you

nandu

Bug report - TE25 - No sound after convering Avi to Mpeg No.39610
Nandprasad Joshi  2003-10-26 18:15:39 ( ID:a/.vv8mwzyj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to TMPGEnc software which converts .avi to mpeg. Everything worked fine. Well it took one whole day to convert the full .avi movie to mpeg. but no sound is coming. Everything is dumb.

When i runned the .mpeg file (after converting it from .avi) I saw that the whole movie is running fine but no sound. Pl. help me out......

Why is this so..... it is little bit urgent pl. mail me ASAP.

Thanks

nandu

Minion  2003-10-26 21:27:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THIS IS NOT A BUG, SO DON"T MAKE A BUG REPORT!!!

This Problem is not caused by Tmpgenc But by your AVI file...Tmpgenc doesn"t support all Audio formats so if your AVI file has an unsupported audio format your Mpeg file will not have any audio.. as a General rule it is best to extract the audio from your AVI file to Wav format then use the Wav file as the audio source in tmpgenc..You can extract most formats to wav useing "Virtual Dub"......

Sam  2003-10-27 15:38:53 ( ID:82qdqm5bocl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have an AVI that I'm trying to convert to MPG. I used VirtualDub to create a WAV from the AVI. When I try to use the WAV as the audio source in TMPGEnc, I get an error that says "cannot open, or unsupported". However, I am able to listen to the WAV file without any problem. The original AVI has MP3 audio. Can someone offer advice?

ashy  2003-10-27 17:43:18 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you sure that the audio is infact a WAV file.
You may have thought you have extracted a wav file with Virtualdub, but unless you specifially chose PCM in the codec settings then all you will have done is simply extracted the audio as it is and just plonked a wav header on it.

Unless this Wav file is at least over a gig (for a regular movie that is) in size then you can be sure it's not a wav.
Another problem could be that audio is VBR mp3 which you need a special version of Virtualdub to extract.

Minion  2003-10-27 21:51:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually you can extract VBR MP3 to wav useing the Latest V-Dub version.....You have to set the Audio to "Full Proscessing mode" then under "Compression" choose "None" then go to "file to "Save as Wav" then it will extract the VBR Mp3 to WAV at the Proper Length so there will be no sync Problems(Usually)...Cheers

Sam  2003-10-27 22:11:45 ( ID:82qdqm5bocl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you, this has been very helpful. I believe ashy was correct and I had mp3 audio with a wav header. I used VirtualDub again, this time with PCM selected for output, and got a much larger wav that worked fine in TMPGEnc.

Nova  2003-10-30 18:58:22 ( ID:qz63c16liof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey tried to do what yal said with Virtual Dub.. but it says there is no audio decompresser to compress the audio source. Is there any way to fix this?

ashy  2003-10-30 20:44:59 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's probably Ac3.
You need Virtualdubmod or Virtualdub_ac3.

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc freezes No.39609
niko  2003-10-26 12:19:24 ( ID:5mpydoad3oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello, everytime that I try to encode any movie (avi to svcd) tmpgenc freezes the whole pc and I have to reboot my machine, at different % of encoding I checked the movies and they do not seem to have any errors, plus on top of everything it used to work perfectly before anyone can help out with this issue?
Even tryed to reinstall o/s but same thing occurs,
I am using
Asus a7v8x as motherboard and xp1200+ cpu and windows 2k sp4

Thanks.

Request - TDA1 - Loosing chapters after replacing input file No.48830
Jaap  2003-10-26 09:30:03 ( ID:nbpc6d.5p6. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had to edit the input file because the .m2v file was moved to another disk. After that all defined chapters were gone....

Would be nice if the chapters could be retained.

Jaap

B_Racer  2003-10-27 08:56:55 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That's normal, if you cange the Movie, you will loss all you Chapter-Infos.
Copy the Movie back to the old Location and load the old Project-File.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.