Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 416 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 partial convert PKD 1 2003-10-09 21:46:59
Question TE25 Seperate Audio and video file created neo2 2 2003-10-09 21:45:22
Question TE25 getting sound from an avi file with ac3 audio Horny Bull 2 2003-10-09 18:15:41
Question TE25 The problem with sound encoding imstl 2 2003-10-09 21:30:31
Question TE25 TMPGenc Plus doesn't open - at all!! xtreemkareem 3 2003-10-09 17:27:19
Question TE25 Mpeg to DVD BilCon32 1 2003-10-09 21:39:00
Question TDA1 encore dvd problem brad 2 2003-12-11 19:21:45
Free talk TE25 Scam Alert - CopiesAnything Video Guy 1 2003-10-08 20:44:32
Question TE25 reversing output field order Shamran 3 2003-10-09 11:28:01
Question TE25 Not smooth motion in SVCD xwyang 7 2003-10-20 09:21:59
Question TE25 TMPGENC Plus problem plz help Redline 0 2003-10-08 11:24:49
Question TE25 Shut Down Sakuya 1 2003-10-08 21:26:02

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 416 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - partial convert No.39384
PKD  2003-10-09 15:50:35 ( ID:hzhpkmnkcba )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can anyone tell me why only some of my video file is converted in tmpgenc.

I have a 10 minute clip which tmpgenc will only encode 30 second of.

It's something to do with the video format, not tmpgenc itself.

Thanks

PKD

Minion  2003-10-09 21:46:59 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well some Information on the File you are encodeing would be Nice as we can not read Minds....Sometimes if there is an error in the file you are encodeing Tmpgenc will stop encodeing when it hits the error....

Question - TE25 - Seperate Audio and video file created No.39381
neo2  2003-10-09 13:45:08 ( ID:2bnmlzqqoaj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Being new to the world of video editing and production;

Having encoded directly from premier using plug-in two files are created one audio and one video. How do i create a DVD with both files combined and playable on either a PC or DVD player?

ashy  2003-10-09 17:38:57 ( ID:ff/8b2repwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I take it you are creating a DVD?
If so you should just load both files into your DVD authoring program and let it do the rest if not then select 'CBR MPEG1 layer II' audio instead of 'CBR Linear PCM audio' in the first screen of the wizard.

Minion  2003-10-09 21:45:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a Real DVD Authoring Program then you can load Both Video and Audio files into it to Author to DVD, But Ashy is correct that you should have Chosen Mpeg 1 Layer 2 audio because Wav audio Just takes up too much Space on the DVD..What would be even better is if you had an AC3 encoder to encode the Wav to AC3 then use the AC3 audio in your DVD because AC3 is the Best Format for DVD Because of it"s Quality and Small file sizes...There is a Freeware AC3 encoder called "BeSweet" that you can find on Google if you wish to try it....Cheers

Question - TE25 - getting sound from an avi file with ac3 audio No.39378
Horny Bull  2003-10-09 13:34:35 ( ID:dos8lv3ak3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have used TMPGEnc to convert an video .avi file (downloaded from the net) to a mpeg file and the video has worked fine. So now I am trying to get sound onto the mpeg video file. the sound on the .avi file is ac3.

I have tried the following:

Putting the avi file into the audio source to convert it to a mp2 file with 44100Hz and 224 kbits/s using TMPGEnc, but the produced mp2 file has no sound.

Using virtualdub to create a .wav file and then multiplexing it with the mpeg video file using TMPGEnc but TMPGEnc gives the error 'illegal MPEG audio stream'. The .wav file plays ok in windows media player but not winamp.

Using db power amp to create a mp3 file but i can't get this to play on either winamp or windows media player and the mp3 file is too small which suggests it hasn't converted the file anyhow.

I have the program 'ac3 decoder' but I suppose you need to get the .ac3 audio file and then convert that to the correct settings. I don't know how to get the .ac3 audio file from the .avi file.

Any assitance would be extremely grateful, cos watch'in silent movies just aint my cup o' tea.

cheers

ashy  2003-10-09 17:22:48 ( ID:ff/8b2repwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, why are you trying to multiplex a wav file with an MPEG, surely you realise this won't work as wav is not a comatible audio source for MPEG.
What you should have done is used the wav to encode to MP2 with TMPG. Also Mp3 is not a compatible audio format if you intend to play this movie on a set top player.

What you really need to do is install an Ac3 codec which can decode the audio in TMPG. There is only one which can do this at the moment and it can be found here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

Horny Bull  2003-10-09 18:15:41 ( ID:dos8lv3ak3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Ashy...that has worked a treat.

Question - TE25 - The problem with sound encoding No.39375
imstl  2003-10-09 12:29:34 ( ID:191czrmd3do )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In "Audio sourse" I put the same name of file like in "Video sourse" (for example: "bla-bla.avi". I can't perform encoding because warning: "File "bla-bla.avi" can not open or unsuported". What I have to do?

Horny Bull  2003-10-09 13:41:14 ( ID:dos8lv3ak3a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a similar problem. Although I'm still bit of a novice at this I'll tell you what I did:

I used the program G-spot to find out what codecs were being used and then obtained the codecs. For the codecs I douwnloaded the ACE Mega codecs pack pro version and then, using the custom install command, just installed the codec I wanted.

Minion  2003-10-09 21:30:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depending on the Audio format in your AVI file you will either have to extract the audio from the avi to wav format with Virtual Dub or you will need to install a Decoder ...If the audio is VBR MP3 you will need to extract the audio to Wav if the Audio is AC3 then you will need to install the "AC3ACM Decoder" so Tmpgenc can decode the AC3 audio...You can get the AC3 ACM Decoder here : http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM ...Cheers

Question - TE25 - TMPGenc Plus doesn't open - at all!! No.39371
xtreemkareem  2003-10-09 09:19:27 ( ID:hz6rjbhkmfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Earlier today i was converting some DivX to VCd flwlessly. I then trie dopening up another avbi file and I kept getting error meesages about some memory error and some dll filw. I reinstalled Nimo Codec PAck and TMPGenc Plus a few times with no results. I come to restart my OS (Win2k SPK 4) and TMPGenc won't even start up!! I reinstalled my Service Pack, and TMPGenc still won't even startup! Please help! All I hear is an error sound when I come to startup TMPGenc, and I get no message. Please help!

xtreemkareem  2003-10-09 09:26:38 ( ID:hz6rjbhkmfo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry, here are my spelling corrections:

Earlier today i was converting some DivX to VCD flawlessly. I then tried opening up another avi file and I kept getting error meesages about some memory error and some dll file. I reinstalled Nimo Codec Pack and TMPGenc Plus a few times with no results. I come to restart my OS (Win2k SPK 4) and TMPGenc won't even start up!! I reinstalled my Service Pack, and TMPGenc still won't even startup! Please help! All I hear is an error sound when I come to startup TMPGenc, and I get no message. Please help!

B_Racer  2003-10-09 11:31:34 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Delete or Rename the AVI and try to start TMPGEnc. This should help.

Don't try to open the Video again in TMPGEnc, try to open it in VirtualDub. If this works, use the Frameserver of VirtualDub to serv the Video to TMPGEnc.

ashy  2003-10-09 17:27:19 ( ID:ff/8b2repwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had this problem on a number of occasions.
From the TMPG folder delete the TMPGEnc.ini and CurrentCfg.tpr then restart TMPG.

Question - TE25 - Mpeg to DVD No.39369
BilCon32  2003-10-09 03:59:01 ( ID:6t0cbiyxnza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a video off of edonkey & I'm wanted to put it to DVD & I don't know how to do this using TMpegEnc

Minion  2003-10-09 21:39:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well The way you would go about it would depend on the File that you downloaded, But since you did not leave any Information at all about the File you downloaded it will be Difficult to give you any Instruction .....Some Information on the Video & Audio Format and the Resolution and Frame rate of the File would help us determine The best way to go about Putting this File on DVD..But Basicly you Run Tmpgenc you load in your File and then you choose the Appropriate DVD Template and encode it to Mpeg2 ..The you will need a DVD authoring Program to format the Mpeg file so it can be Burned to DVD...There is a Lot of Information on this type of Stuff at : http://www.dvdrhelp.com/'

Cheers

Question - TDA1 - encore dvd problem No.48792
brad  2003-10-08 21:31:47 ( ID:xtheg2hue06 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using encore dvd, and i'm trying to make a movie, and i've tried importing every kind of video file i have on my computer and when it trys to import it i get an error message saying the file is corrupt of the type is not supported. I'm assuming its an unsupported file type, but in that case what kind of file does it have to be to import it? i'm using encore dvd 1.0, if anyone has used it before please help.

thanks
brad

Hwulex  Home )  2003-11-03 11:09:03 ( ID:jtp/hhudocc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problems with Adobe Encore DVD 1.0. I now import all my videos into Adobe Premiere Pro 7 first, export them using "Adobe Media Encoder" using my preferred coding setup, and it all works brilliantly.

NB: Don't multiplex the videos using the DVD setting, it seems to confuse Encore DVD and will often cut the video far short of the end.

rumer  2003-12-11 19:21:45 ( ID:d.bz3uyhxgn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you come across error 224 in adobe encore? Because I managed to import the avi movie file well but when I was 'building' the dvd a message would pop up saying error 224 just as it started writing. Anyone out there who could help me here?

Free talk - TE25 - Scam Alert - CopiesAnything No.39367
Video Guy  2003-10-08 20:17:24 ( ID:4yfrh0hqv72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a company selling a product called CopiesAnything. (copiesanything.com) for $50. They try to pass it off as a DVD backup program but it is actually a zip file containing freeware programs. Included programs include VirtalDub, DVD2AVI, and our beloved TMPGEnc free version. Derrow, the author of IfoEdit, which is also being sold illegally as part of this zip file, is trying to contact the company and get them shut down.

I am posting this because I am hoping TMPGEnc will take legal action and sue CopiesAnything. As a software developer it really disgusts me when someone steals someone's work and tries to pass it off as there own and profit from it.

For more information about this refer to the IfoEdit forums at doom9.org

ashy  2003-10-08 20:44:32 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree these poachers are just total a......s for trying to make money off other peoples hardwork especially when the software is given free by the original authors anyway and hope they get everthing that's coming to them.

I just hate scammers and these tossers are a damn nuisance to good hearted programers who develop good software then let us have it for free, then these gits come along and try and take the credit for it.
I just hope they get what they deserve and all the other DVD copying software which is just the same and uses free programs that can be downloaded quite easily.

If they wanted to make money from it the least they could have done is asked the authors permission to use the program and give them some of the profits.

Question - TE25 - reversing output field order No.39363
Shamran  2003-10-08 17:00:17 ( ID:ffddj0w9//k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do you change the out put feild ... I know my source (DV PAL) is lower field..But to get the best result regarding compatibility with the stand alone player it is best that the target MPEG is upper !! Programs like procoder can do this but HOW on earth do I do it with TMPGEnc ????

ashy  2003-10-08 19:42:42 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>But to get the best result regarding compatibility with the stand alone player it is best that the target MPEG is upper
Who the hell told you that?

You should encode using the same field order as the original otherwise you will get motion vector problems.
Also it doesn't matter which field order you start with either upper or lower, it won't make a difference to your player or the TV just as long as it is the same as the original.

You will find the 'Field order' setting under the 'Advanced' tab, but I strongly don't advise swapping the field order.

Shamran  2003-10-09 05:46:49 ( ID:ffddj0w9//k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know that I should not shift the field order on my source that would make no sense ! as for how I got the information...the programmers of Procoder and the maker of videotools and my old Denon dvd player !

B_Racer  2003-10-09 11:28:01 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can't change the Field Order of a Movie with TMPGEnc. All you get is jerky Motion.

(BTW: All DVD-Player should be able to play interlaced Videos with both Field Orders.)

If you really want to change the Field Order, use a Tool like AVISynth. It will work perfectly:

AVISource("myvideo.avi")
DoubleWeave().SelectOdd()
AssumeTFF()

This changes the Field Order from Bottom Field First into Top Field First.

Question - TE25 - Not smooth motion in SVCD No.39355
xwyang  2003-10-08 16:38:51 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Tmpgenc standard PAL-SVCD format to product mpeg2 file. When playing SVCD, the motion scene and object, especially with fast horizontal movement, is not very smooth. But the still scene is very good.

The source file is PAL 704 X 576 AVI file.

Could you pls tell me the reason. Thanks

Xwyang

Shamran  2003-10-08 17:04:53 ( ID:ffddj0w9//k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try changing the field order

ashy  2003-10-08 20:47:04 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What frame rate is the source, is it the same as the output? Is the motion jerky like regular little pauses every second or so?

xwyang  2003-10-09 03:29:35 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for quick response.

Framerate of source file is 25, the same as PAL SVCD, and field order is right.

The jerky motion looks like cartoon film. Actually I cannot describe it in details. For your reference, I've uploaded the clip to the followed website.

http://hk.geocities.com/xwyang98/svcdtest.mpg

Xwyang

xwyang  2003-10-09 04:56:41 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for quick response.

Framerate of source file is 25, the same as PAL SVCD, and field order is right.

The jerky motion looks like cartoon film. Actually I cannot describe it in details. For your reference, I've uploaded the clip to the followed website.

http://hk.geocities.com/xwyang98/svcdtest.mpg

Xwyang

Shamran  2003-10-09 05:44:13 ( ID:ffddj0w9//k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try changing the field order

ashy  2003-10-09 23:21:46 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Has this footage been captured with an interlaced camera?
Does the original AVI not have the same effect and have you actually played the SVCD on your set top player.

The reason why I ask, is because this looks like interlaced footage from an interlaced camera which will NOT look right when played on a progressive display such as a monitor, but should look ok on your TV.

xwyang  2003-10-20 09:21:59 ( ID:y8bdnkxmh1. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This footage is from SONY IP220. It doesn't look smooth on TV

Question - TE25 - TMPGENC Plus problem plz help No.39354
Redline  2003-10-08 11:24:49 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI, Im using the latest version of tmpgenc plus, im trying to encode divx/xvid to svcd. The program starts fime, and ive used an older version b4 with worked 100%, but this time the encoding hangs i different places. Ive always used the nemo codec package, and i think i had the latest xvid codec installed, i just can understand why it freezes up. What environmental setting should i have, ive set direct draw to 2 and the rest to 0. Pleaase help

Mike

Question - TE25 - Shut Down No.39352
Sakuya  2003-10-08 08:46:11 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there an option in TMPGEnc to shut down the computer after the conversion is finished? I can't seem to find it.

ashy  2003-10-08 21:26:02 ( ID:n2grn9uovqo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, File>Output to file>MPEG
The option will then appear.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.