Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 418 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Using TMPGEnc to encode DivX file with AC3 audio - problems.. Thrash75 3 2003-10-03 21:52:06
Question TE25 Only get the first 38 minutes on my DVD! hanez 0 2003-10-03 18:17:38
Question TE25 Cut? Liyah 1 2003-10-03 21:47:26
Question TE25 ffdshow-20030927 with AC3 support yeppie 3 2003-10-04 13:40:12
Question TE25 TMPGE Close everytime i Try to browse for a file? Sharky 1 2003-10-10 21:14:44
Question TE25 Encoding time Gregmh 7 2003-10-04 15:22:49
Question TE25 vcd works fine until I play it on the DVD player Zodiac_Sign 1 2003-10-03 01:21:12
Question TE25 Time Sakuya 3 2003-10-02 08:44:33
Question TE25 video converts, sound doesnt carry over mhmcdonal 3 2003-10-09 00:40:31
Question TE25 "can't load P3Package.dll" error when trying to convert .wmv file to mpeg Manish 1 2003-10-01 21:56:45
Question TDA1 Headlines Solid 1 2003-10-02 14:31:07
Question TE25 VBR Audio paultherbert 2 2003-11-02 17:12:08

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 418 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Using TMPGEnc to encode DivX file with AC3 audio - problems.. No.39313
Thrash75  2003-10-03 18:36:40 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

The problem is on this PC. I have a freshly installed WinXP system on it. The file I need to convert to VCD, is a DivX file with AC3 audio. The only two codec thingies I have installed myself, is "AC3Filter v0.70b" for the audio, and "DivX Pro v5.1" for the video.

All right, the file PLAYS perfectly fine. Perfect video, and perfect audio. But it will not behave in TMPGEnc. If I try to encode it with TMPGEnc, the system hangs for some time (10-13 mins), while there is constant HD activity. After this, it starts to encode. The end result is a VCD mpg file with NO audio. If I choose NOT to encode audio with it, it starts to encode immediatly (no hanging).

I have had this problem for a couple of days, and asked for help in newsgroups. People say, that TMPGEnc is NOT able to handle compressed audio. This should be the reason why TMPGEnc behaves as it does. This sounds okay to me, BUT (here comes the weird part)..

..I have another (much slower) PC here next to me, with same OS and same version of TMPGEnc. If I try to encode this EXACT SAME file there, the end result is perfect, and WITH audio. The system does not hang either, it starts encoding immediatly. This does not make sense to me, If TMPGEnc should not be able to do it...

I tried to open this DivX file in GSpot v2.21, on both PC's to see the DirectShow audio render path. And they are much different:

PC with encoding problem (this PC):

"(S) -> AVI Splitter -> AC3Filter -> (R)"

PC where encoding works fine (other PC):

"(S) -> AVI Splitter -> AC3 from AVI XForm -> AC3 Prologic Decoder -> Morgan Stream Switcher -> (R)"

Seems like the audio is processed a lot more on the PC where it works. Do these DS render paths have something to do with this? Or is it something else?

What might I do to make it work on THIS PC? Anybody else experienced any of this?

Thank you so much in advance for help.

-Brian

ashy  2003-10-03 19:06:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That AC3 filter will NOT work with TMPG however this one will:
http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/

Thrash75  2003-10-03 20:38:50 ( ID:7vay9rphki6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks a lot. Yes, that works! Pure magic! However, the volume is extremely low now.. Any way to adjust that? This filter does not seem to have any settings.

And another thing. I managed to get the same render path on this PC now. I installed "ac3audio.ax" and "decaudio.ax" with the regsvr32 command. GSpot then shows the same directshow render path, as the other PC. I had high hopes, but the players crash with those filters, and so does TMPGEnc. It doesn't crash the other PC.. This is really strange.. Wish things were more logical.. I then un-registered these filters again..

But.. Any way to adjust volume? Or maybe boost the volume with some third-party program? Can't find any..

Thanks again. ;)

Minion  2003-10-03 21:52:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can boost the Volume in the Audio Settings of Tmpgenc you can also normalize and add fade in and fade outs....

Question - TE25 - Only get the first 38 minutes on my DVD! No.39312
hanez  2003-10-03 18:17:38 ( ID:yd.foao40jm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello I need help with tmpgENC.

I am authoring an mpeg to DVD. I use tmpgENC to do it and burn it, rather simple everything works fine. Then I play my DVD and only the first 38 minutes are in there, BUT THE REST OF THE MOVIE IS MISSING!

The whole movie is there in the mpg, its even there when I'm making the chapters in tmpgENC but when I play in and DVD player only 38 minutes...anyone know whats going on?

Hanes

Question - TE25 - Cut? No.39310
Liyah  Home )  2003-10-03 16:39:00 ( ID:lctjdxsp7aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can i cut a mpg file into pieces? I tried the merge & cut tool but i don't know how to use it..

thanx
Liyah

Minion  2003-10-03 21:47:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know why you can"t figure out the merge & Cut because it is Extremely simple and it basicly explains it"s self....You load the File that you want to Cut into the "Merge & Cut" then Highlight your File in the Window By Clicking your File name, Now Click "Edit" and a new window will pop up, now you use the Slider under the window to navigate the File and you use the " { } " buttons to choose the Beginning and end of the File that you want to save, after chooseing the Part of the file you want to save then you just click "Ok" then "Run" and it will Save that Part of the File ....it is Extremely simple to understand if you just play with it for a while...

Question - TE25 - ffdshow-20030927 with AC3 support No.39306
yeppie  2003-10-03 15:57:52 ( ID:ih0d2stpmwc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But the AC3 sound support it's still very alpha. Looks promissing thoug.

Minion  2003-10-03 21:41:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Looking for AC3 support in tmpgenc ,Meaning Useing tmpgenc to encode AVI files with AC3 audio then there is a Simple AC3 filter that allows this ,It is called the AC3 ACM Decompressor and if you do a Little Search you should be able to find it here in the Forum or if you get stuck and can"t find it then e-mail me and I"ll send it to you....

Yeppie  2003-10-03 23:44:59 ( ID:aaot8/jjgr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion,

This is a 16 bit codec. So it will work with VirtualDub also.
Now I can frameserve the AC3 avi's and let virtualdub do the rescaling and filtering.

Hendrik

ashy  2003-10-04 13:40:12 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Virtualdub will work with Ac3 anyway if you use Virtualdubmod or Virtualdub_ac3.

Question - TE25 - TMPGE Close everytime i Try to browse for a file? No.39304
Sharky  2003-10-03 15:41:49 ( ID:szslqewii1n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time i hit browse to look for a file destination or look for a place to save my files, the program instatly closes itself has any one had this problem?

diluka  2003-10-10 21:14:44 ( ID:503vnkddlxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've had the same kind of problem for some time.Tmpgenc plus shutts down about 80% of the time after I have selected the source range,when encoding avi's.The encoding itself is good when it wants to work.Also,when I select"shutt down computer when finished encoding",very often it does not shutt down.I searched this forum,and even left a post but got no answers.Others seem to have this problem too...

Question - TE25 - Encoding time No.39296
Gregmh  2003-10-03 01:17:03 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,
I'm wondering how long it should take to encode a 700Mb movie. I'm using DVD2SVCD to make SVCD out of and AVI file, and chose TMPGEnc as the encoder. So far, it's been going for about 16 hours.

This is the first time I've done this, so bare with me.

So, just a question. TMPGEnc goes through the movie once, that takes about 30-40 minutes. Thne it closes and opens again, to go through it again. Another 30-40 minutes. It's been doing this since about 6:00pm last night. It's now 10:15am the next day.

Should it be doing this? Or should it only be going through once?

I'm running a PIII 550Mhz, 256mb Ram, 40Gb 7200rpm Seagate Barra'.

Is it going too slow or is this time normal?

Thanks
Regards,
Greg

Minion  2003-10-03 01:30:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well for the Speed of your PC you are doing pretty Good Time...Encodeing to Mpeg is an extremely High CPU Activity and is More geared towards a Faster PC..If you get a PC around 2.0ghz then you should be able to encode at pretty Close to Real time so Maybe it is Time for an upgrade, you can upgrade your PC to about 2ghz from about $125 US....
If Tmpgenc is going through your File Twice then it is Because you Chose the "2-Pass VBR" setting, You should NOT use this setting because the Gain in Quality is Minimal and the Encodeing time takes twice as Long as Normal...
And in the "Motion Search precition" you should Not use the "Highest Quality" setting just use the "High Quality" setting Cuz the Highest Quality setting doesn"t produce any better Quality than the "High Quality" setting But the Encodeing will Take Twice as long useing the "Highest Quality" setting....
You will Also Get a big Speed Increase if you Dump "DVD2SVCD" and Just encode your AVI file in tmpgenc without useing DVD2SVCD.....Cheers

Gregmh  2003-10-03 03:18:48 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply.

As for the 2pass VBR setting, I chose CQ, not 2-pass. Besides, it has not only gone through twice, it has gone through heaps of times, all through the night after each pass. Each pass completes after around 30-40 minutes, and then TMPGEnc starts again for another 3-40 minutes.

But now (this time it is going through) it says it's going to take 24 hours.

Minion  2003-10-03 21:38:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you chose CQ and it is Doing Passes or something that looks Like it is doing Passes then there is something wrong...But I don"t know what it could be, Maybe if you explain this behavior in a Bit more detail and post the specs of the file you are encodeing like is"t Codec, resolution, Frame rate and audio format Maybe I can give you more help.....Cheers

Gregmh  2003-10-04 02:07:47 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Nah, Won't be nessesary. I ditched DVD2SVCD and just used bbMPEG and TMPGEnc, with Virtual Dub. It's worked great, except the audio is a little out of synce, but I can live with that seeing as it's a first go.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Regards
Greg

ashy  2003-10-04 13:42:31 ( ID:yjsxxtyiiih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I ditched DVD2SVCD and just used bbMPEG and TMPGEnc, with Virtual Dub. It's worked great, except the audio is a little out of synce, but I can live with that seeing as it's a first go.

Why are you using all three of these programs when you only need to use TMPG?

Gregmh  2003-10-04 14:56:15 ( ID:/c1icwoo4hn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just following the guide I was reading.

I used Vdub to get the audio, tmpgenc to encode, and bbmpg to split it to onto cds. The audio had something to with NSTC to PAL conversion.

??? Dunno ???

If TMPGEnc can do that, then I'll have to look it up.

ashy  2003-10-04 15:22:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So, are you saying you have an NTSC AVI which you want to convert to a PAL MPEG or the other way around?
Either way you would have to use more than just Virtualdub to convert the audio in the AVI to NTSC or PAL format assuming you are attempting to alter it's length to sync it with the video.

NTSC to PAL or PAL to NTSC conversion is a tricky process to get right and requires some sort of audio editor with the ability to stretch or shrink audio with pitch control, Virtualdub isn't really required for this.

If you don't need to cross convert formats then TMPG should be able to do the job by itself. Nevertheless I actually do use BBMPEG for muxing and splitting MPEGs to 2 cd's, so it seems you are creating elementry streams with TMPG for muxing in BBMPEG.

It seems you are using some quite advanced methods for someone who admits that they are new to the process.

Question - TE25 - vcd works fine until I play it on the DVD player No.39294
Zodiac_Sign  2003-10-02 22:49:59 ( ID:iu65xgctdyl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Roxio VCD creator to create vcds. For a long time this works fine but lately all of my vcds have turned out to be choppy and incoherent. What is more likely to be at fault here? My DVD player? my digital camera? My CD burner or the cds themselves? Plz help so I can take the appropriate action.

Minion  2003-10-03 01:21:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Choppy Playback can be caused By a few Things Like Burning your VCD"s at too high of a speed, The Slower the Better 4X speed is ideal..Low Quality Media Can cause Problems with Playback But it usually manifests its self as the Picture Breaking up and Lots of Random Pixelation..If you use too high of a Bitrate in your VCD"s it will cause Choppy Playback, And another thing could be the Problem which is Tmpgenc has really bad Bitrate controll so sometimes the Bitrate in the VCD File will Spike and when it spikes the DVD player can not spin the Disk Fast enough to ready the sudden jump in Bitrate and you get Choppy Playback...So if you are Useing VBR Encodeing you might want to try CBR encodeing, and if you are useing a Higher than Standard Bitrate in your VCD"s then Lower the Bitrate and finally if none of this works then either use a Different Mpeg encoder that has better Bitrate controll Like MainConcept Encoder or get a DVD Player that can handle Higher Bitrates....

PS: You might also Try a Different Program for Burning your VCD"s as "RoXio" Sucks ...Try something like VCDEasy or Nero even to Burn your VCD"s....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Time No.39290
Sakuya  2003-10-02 03:14:49 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi again. I am encoding a normal 30-minute AVI file. In the past, I have encoded 25-minute AVI files in 2-3 hours (yes, I have a slow computer). But, this 30-minute clip is unusually long. It now says it takes 10 hours! Is it because I have my Internet Explorer on? But this is ridiculous. I am worried that the conversion will go well into the night. Is there an option in TMPGEnc to shut down the computer automatically when its done?

Sakuya  2003-10-02 03:27:13 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Half hour later: Ok, the remaining time in TMPGEnc has dropped all the way to 6 hours and 47 minutes. But that's still too long. Time is an issue for me. How long does it normally take on a fast computer? I have 294,436KB of RAM. Is that considered fast?

Minion  2003-10-02 06:44:37 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some Things that Effect the encodeing Speed are, your Files Codec as some decoders are slower/Faster than others, and the Resolution of the File will affect the encodeing speed, the Higher the resolution the Longer it will take...and of cource haveing a Fast PC Helps...You just stated the Amount of Ram you have it Tells us nothing about the Speed of your PC, The Speed of your PC is determined by your Proscessor, it is Usually rated in MHZ or GHZ...I have a 2.53ghz Pentium 4 and I can encode to VCD at close to twice Real time and to SVCD in Real Time and to DVD at about 75% Real time so that means that encodeing to VCD your 30 minute Clip would encode in about 15 minutes and to SVCD it would take about 30 minutes and to DVD it would take about 40 minutes..
You could probably upgrade your PC to a Fairly Fast PC for about $125 US if you do it yourself.....Cheers

Sakuya  2003-10-02 08:44:33 ( ID:6y4cusar5hr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

15 minutes!?!??! Wow!!!!!! I should upgrade sometime then! Imagine how fast it would take to encode a movie to VCD and DVD too! Usually, it takes me around 6-10 hours for a 1 hour movie. Oh, my conversion just finished. It took me 5 hours and 11 minutes. It's in pretty high quality video.

Question - TE25 - video converts, sound doesnt carry over No.39286
mhmcdonal  2003-10-02 02:28:32 ( ID:uyvlnsvstpn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I convert AVI files to mpeg, but if the AVI file uses Windows Media Audio V2 sound format, the sound wouln't carry over to the newly converted mpeg. The video converts fine, just doesn't have any sound. Anybody have any remedies?

Minion  2003-10-02 06:34:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well then I guess you are encodeing ASF or WMV files?? You will Probably have to extract the audio from the WMV/ASF file to Wav format and then use the Wav file as the audio source in Tmpgenc...I think you can extract the audio to Wav useing "DB Power AMP"..It is a Freeware Audio encoder that you can download at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ but make sure that you also download the Windows media codec for DB Power Amp....

btywoo  2003-10-04 17:14:13 ( ID:qewzhwxtnvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem!

Blackstone  2003-10-09 00:40:31 ( ID:di39x..fj4c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
1st, I find that when tmpge works it works really well. I like it.
But I'm not sure if it's the codecs or what with this issue I'm getting.
1. installed tmpge and tried to convert Divx to SVCD.
did not read the AVI file, for video or sound.
2. install ffshow and a 3 codecs that came with it. (don't remember what it was)
Now Tmpge can read the AVI file for video but not able to read it for the audio.
3. installed AVS avi to svcd encoder program
Then Tmpge works and works well. So it was missing the needed codecs.
4. latter on after encoding a movie or 2 Tmpge started to not encode audio, no errors, no (unable to open file or does not recognise) errors, just no sound.
5. later on it started to loose the ability to keep aspect ratio.
Nice, I like to see streched elongated faces on the screen.
Odd that it was working fine then started to fall apart, I had not installed or uninstalled anything.
Even when I go back and encode a old avi file that Tmpge successfuly encoded before but does not encode properly now.
I am assuming damaged codecs, somthing is very touchy, hold your breath and lift you left leg up before pressing the start button.

Question - TE25 - "can't load P3Package.dll" error when trying to convert .wmv file to mpeg No.39284
Manish  2003-10-01 18:38:50 ( ID:tfuu892xtch )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to convert a windows media file to mpeg. I get an error that states ""can't load P3Package.dll" . Does anyone have any ideas on why I get this problem and also on any possible solutions to convert .wmv

Minion  2003-10-01 21:56:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error is Not From trying to convert WMV to Mpeg, This error is because you do not have all of the Tmpgenc files in the same Folder..All of the Files that come with Tmpgenc have to be in the same Folder and the Main EXE can not be sitting on your Desktop as a Shortcut.....

Question - TDA1 - Headlines No.48787
Solid  2003-10-01 15:07:16 ( ID:1hkss7/5ob6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do i put headlines on my movies with this program???

B_Racer  2003-10-02 14:31:07 ( ID:0jd4rmr3tyn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Headlines into the Movie?
What's the Idea to doing this?

Oh, and you can't do such things with TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Question - TE25 - VBR Audio No.39281
paultherbert  2003-10-01 14:51:24 ( ID:ad8/qkszgcg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

cant encode avi or divx files which have VBR audio. Any suggestions, thanks Paul from London

Minion  2003-10-01 21:54:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to extract the audio from the AVI file to WAV format then use the Wav file as the audio source in tmpgenc...You can extract the audio with Virtual Dub....

Ryoko  2003-11-02 17:12:08 ( ID:bypd1reey0a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there's a nice little program called "decompress.exe"
you can decompress any VBR audio stream so that tmpgenc can work with it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.