Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 429 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 mpeg multiplex problems lweinmunson 4 2003-09-10 23:00:58
Bug report TDA1 Need to set speed in dvd writing tool deskgrunt 0 2003-09-08 07:19:51
Question TE25 TMPGEnc shutts down Diluka 3 2003-09-11 03:29:59
Question TE25 SVCD Help Shinosk 5 2003-09-08 09:48:54
Question TE25 Widescreen Problems and Subtitles Tung Twista 2 2003-09-09 01:56:41
Question TE25 SVCD Help Shinosk 1 2003-09-06 22:13:26
Question TE25 Is www.dvdrhelp.com still online? Jim 1 2003-09-06 20:09:15
Question TDA1 Possible bug with VRO files Omarh 1 2004-01-20 10:27:29
Question TE25 Problems converting mov to mpg BP 1 2003-09-06 03:28:53
Bug report TE25 Problem with sequence file mode JPSDR 1 2003-09-06 03:17:19
Question TE25 How to make file size fit for 80 min cd....100 % of Disc capacity? StevenGA 7 2003-09-13 00:09:36
Question TE25 MPEG-1 compressing Steve 5 2003-09-07 23:01:15

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 429 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - mpeg multiplex problems No.38965
lweinmunson  2003-09-08 16:16:43 ( ID:49y06f64bbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having problems with stuttering video and audio loosing sync when multiplexed with TMPGEnc. The video files are copied from a Dish network PVRand are encoded at 544x480 mpeg-2 and the audio is in mp2 format. Either file plays fine by itself, and it's possible to start the video playing in wmp and the audio in winamp and get it synced up OK. As soon as it gets multiplexed though, the audio and video begins to stutter and loose sync with each other. If it plays for a few minutes, the audio will sync back up for a while before it begins to stutter again. I've tried the simple multiplex, the normal multiplex, using both super-VCD and mpeg2-program (VBR) as well as setting it up as a project with system (audio+video) and changin the top field/bottom field first setting. The stutter shows up both on my PC (AMD Athlong XP 1800+ 512MB) and on a stand alone dvd player (apex). Is there anything else I can try to correct this problem? I'd rather not re-encode the files as that would entail some resolution loss and a lot of time since I'm trying to copy off ~40GB at a time.

Thanks,
Les

Minion  2003-09-08 21:56:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you Can"t Change the Field order in tmpgenc without Re-encodeing the File, so setting up a Project in Tmpgenc with the Field order reversed will do nothing unless you re-encode the file...You can Change the Field order without encodeing by useing a Program like Pulldown.exe or DoPulldown...But becides this i don"t really have a Clue why you are Getting a Jumpy effect..If you were Just getting this in you DVD player then I would say that Possible the Bitrate was too high for your DVD player but that would not matter on your PC...Well Good Luck....

ashy  2003-09-08 22:24:55 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It could have something to with TMPG using the wrong muxing rate.
Try multiplexing with BBMPEG instead, make sure the 'Forced Mux rate' is set at 0. This will make BBMPEG calculate the correct mux rate.

lweinmunson  2003-09-09 17:26:51 ( ID:49y06f64bbk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK, I tried a few more things, including using bbmpeg to mux the video. What I noticed with BBmpeg is that wehn I enter the audio offset and get everything sync'd up at the beginning, the audio begins to drift out of sync. In a 1 min test clip, the audio was about 3 secs behind the video at the end. Is it possible that this is what tmpgenc is trying to fix, by stuttering the audio and video at certain spots to keep it in sync?

B_Racer  2003-09-10 23:00:58 ( ID:dxp41zyyfu. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Search for the JAVA-Software Project X (formerly know as DS.JAR) and try this Program as a Muxer. After that, mux it again with TMPGEnc oder bbMPEG. If the Source-Streams are OK, this should help.

Bug report - TDA1 - Need to set speed in dvd writing tool No.48723
deskgrunt  2003-09-08 07:19:51 ( ID:4niysfrh8vw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, the new template editor is a nice improvement! :)

However, you really need to fix the speed setting in dvd writing tool! I want to burn 4x media at 2x speed for highest readability (unfortunately Princo's 4x media aint very reliable at 4x and i have 100 of them...).
I hope you can fix that asap.

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc shutts down No.38961
Diluka  2003-09-06 22:52:21 ( ID:503vnkddlxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually,tmpgenc shutts down after I load my second avi(from my dv camcorder)to batch encode,wheather I use the wizard or not.I already have encoded about 100 vcd's,and its a bummer not to be able to use batch encoding.I have TMPGenc plus
2.520,and a Toshiba tecra 700mhz with winxp home.Anybody's got an idea on what I could do to fix my problem???

samora  2003-09-10 10:41:09 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i think i am also facing the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

diluka  2003-09-10 11:44:48 ( ID:503vnkddlxj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I browsed this forum and others but I still havent found what I'm looking for.Tmpgenc is shutting down sometimes even before I have a chance to add my project to the batch list.

samora  2003-09-11 03:29:59 ( ID:erf0.muwo/h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Pls let me know(can mail me too) of any findings. Thanks

Question - TE25 - SVCD Help No.38955
Shinosk  Home )  2003-09-06 21:02:19 ( ID:qngs94us8zc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert an avi to svcd then burn using nero I get a HUGE sound delay. Anyone know why? I am using the project wizard and I am converting it to NTSC

Lips move

5 mins later

"Hey"

ashy  2003-09-07 16:12:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your saying that there is 5 mins difference in the sync or are you just exaggerating?
Dis you split this file before burning it?

ashy  2003-09-07 16:12:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your saying that there is 5 mins difference in the sync or are you just exaggerating?
Did you split this file before burning it?

Shinosk  Home )  2003-09-08 00:10:44 ( ID:qngs94us8zc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm exaggerating....and I mean sync(I think...the mouth moves and then sound comes later)

Minion  2003-09-08 02:34:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this sync Problem Present before you burn the file with nero???Are you burning the Disks at a High speed?? Have you tried Burning with other Burning programs??? Has this Problem happened before when burning files with nero???

ashy  2003-09-08 09:48:54 ( ID:gjdv7zn9oyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And did you split the MPEG before burning?

Question - TE25 - Widescreen Problems and Subtitles No.38952
Tung Twista  2003-09-06 20:57:15 ( ID:4via.gmydia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I'm having problems trying to convert widescreen .avi into widescreen MPEG-1 VCD. Everytime i try to change the aspect ratio in the project wizard it still turns out looking like a vertically squeezed picture. Another question that I have is about adding subtitle files to VCDs. Is it even possible to permamently place subtitles onto a .avi or MPEG-1 and view it on a stand-alone player without viewing through a computer with a subtitle program like submax?

Minion  2003-09-06 22:18:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you choose "FullScreen Keep aspect ratio" in the "Video Arange Method" this will usually give you an image that looks as close to the source as Possible, But if it still doesn"t look right you can adjust the settings under "Clip Frame" to change the way the image looks in the screen..And yes you can add permanent Subtitles to your VCD, you can do this By Useing "Virtual Dub" and the Subtitle Plugin to frame serve the Movie and the Subtitles to Tmpgenc to encode to what ever format you choose....

Tung Twista  2003-09-09 01:56:41 ( ID:4via.gmydia )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey thanks man... that helped a lot. I've found a little easier way for me to add subtitles on to my movies too on an afterdawn guide.

Question - TE25 - SVCD Help No.38950
Shinosk  Home )  2003-09-06 20:11:41 ( ID:qngs94us8zc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert an avi to svcd then burn using nero I get a HUGE sound delay. Anyone know why? I am using the project wizard and I am converting it to NTSC

Lips move

5 mins later

"Hey"

Minion  2003-09-06 22:13:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well is the File in Sync before you Burn it with Nero??? If you don"t know you should allways check that the file is OK before you burn it to CD-R...There could be a Whole bunch of different reasons why you could be haveing sync problems depending on What type of File you are encodeing to Mpeg and what settings you used in tmpgenc...So why Don"t you Post the Specs of your Source file Like what"Format,Codec,Frame Rate,Audio format, and were you got the file from" and any extra settings you used in Tmpgenc becides the ones chosen by the Template, If you post back with this Info then maybe we can tell you what went wrong and how to fix it....Cheers

Question - TE25 - Is www.dvdrhelp.com still online? No.38948
Jim  2003-09-06 16:27:59 ( ID:vn1aa4z8jhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is www.dvdrhelp.com still online? Their site has been down for several days now. Anyone know whats going on with them?

Shinosk  Home )  2003-09-06 20:09:15 ( ID:qngs94us8zc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes...its just have server problems

Question - TDA1 - Possible bug with VRO files No.48721
Omarh  2003-09-06 16:16:07 ( ID:hho0xhqfbwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I imported a VRO file from my Sharp DVD Recorder. It seemed to work fine, I edited out some scenes and created a final movie.
But I think there's a bug in the way it imports VRO files. First, its missing scenes!!! The total clip is only 47 minutes but I recorded 2 hours on that disk. 2nd, for the same timecode it shows different clips in the thumbnail window depending on if you get there using fast forward, or get there using play.

rick  2004-01-20 10:27:29 ( ID:erjs09svgr6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed this too. If there is only one clip on the VRO file, TDA works as expected - very well. But if there is more than clip recorded TDA goes berserk. It will show the length of the clip as only part of the total, and it will mix up the order of the clips, taking little bits from here and there.
This is a bug - not a possible bug! I am using a Pioneer DVR 7000 recorder.

Question - TE25 - Problems converting mov to mpg No.38946
BP  2003-09-06 02:22:10 ( ID:ydx82p8osy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to convert a .mov file to a .mpg file in its original size (480x360). I had installed the QT Reader plugin and set the QT Movie Reader priority to 2 in Options|Environmental Setting. The resulting mpg file was poor in quality 9dropouts). When I converted the file to mpg using a 320x240 size,the conversion appeared to work well. Why is this? Can't I convert to a larger (ie. original) size using TMPGEnc?

Minion  2003-09-06 03:28:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can"t tell you whay you are haveing the specific Problem that you are But I Can tell you that the TQ Reader Plugin for Tmpgenc isn"t really Usefull anymore as it doesn"t properly support Files Made with Quicktime 6, But you say that you have gotten it to work But the File was of Low Quality?? Well a Low Quality Mpeg File is usually due to a Low Quality source file or not a High enough Bitrate which I think is what your Problem is as you said that it looked OK when you Lowered the Resolution..For a File that is going to be encoded to a 480+360 Mpeg2 file you will need to use a Bitrate of at the very Least 2000-2500kbs to achieve any sort of Acceptable Quality and this is if the source file is of Very high Quality...What are you Planning to Do with a 480+360 Mpeg file?? cuz 480+360 does not conform to any standard for Video Resolution, the Closest it comes to is NTSC SVCD resolution which is 480+480..Good Luck

Bug report - TE25 - Problem with sequence file mode No.38944
JPSDR  2003-09-06 00:07:52 ( ID:t13j..cafxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.

There is a problem with the "Open sequence files as a movie" option in the
general settings.

I've named my files from Files-0001.avi to Files-0042.avi, but TMPEG
open only the first 20 files. It's seems that there is a bug in the program
which prevent TMPEG to get the 22 remaning files, making me unable to make
my encoding.

Minion  2003-09-06 03:17:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Not a Bug.This is a Limitation of the Feature..You can only Load 20 Files as a Sequence in tmpgenc, You can Load Multiple Files useing AVISynth or V-Dub and Frameserve the Files to Tmpgenc....

Question - TE25 - How to make file size fit for 80 min cd....100 % of Disc capacity? No.38936
StevenGA  2003-09-05 18:39:46 ( ID:vn1aa4z8jhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I set the file size to "100% of disc capacity. I can't get it unlocked in the wizard and I cant find it without using the wizard. I just want to burn my movies on 1 cd and not split them up and burn them on 2 cd's. Thanks....Steve

Minion  2003-09-05 20:03:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you want to Make a Standard VCD then you Can"t...VCD has a Set Bitrate Standard so that Bitrate Has to be the Same if you want to Make a Standard Compliant VCD..Useing a Lower Than Standard Bitrate for VCD will Give you Really Low Quality VCD"s, VCD is allready Low Quality and Lowering the Bitrate will only make it worse But if you want to make Really Low Quality One CD VCD"s then you Have to Load the "Unlock.mfc" Template from the "Extra" folder, this will unlock all of the settings so you can lower the Bitrate, and you will have to change the "System" setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard" or the File size will not get smaller but the Quality will get lower....Well Good Luck But I would advise against lowering the Bitrate just so you can fit a Few extra Minutes ona CD-R....

ashy  2003-09-05 22:54:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The question that you're really asking is 'How can I make a crap quality MPEG which looks awful just for the sake of saving a cheap disk?'

The embarassment factor alone of showing these awful image quality disks to anyone else is enough to prevent me from putting it all on one disk.

StevenGA  2003-09-06 16:41:19 ( ID:vn1aa4z8jhr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, thanks for the info. I understand your point about the quality but still have the need to burn certain vcds's on to just one disc. I can unlock it as you said from the main screen. But I cant get the bitrate to unlock in the wizard so that I can use the slide bar to set it to exactly 100%. I would prefer to do it that way to maximize the bitrate and still get it onto one disc. How do I get the bitrate unlocked in the wizard? Thanks Again..Steve

Minion  2003-09-07 22:58:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t Unlock the Bitrate from the WiZard, But you can make a VCD template without the Wizard that has a Really high/Low bitrate then you can then choose this template in the Wizard you should be able to Lower/Raise it, But your Best bet is just to get a Bitrate calculator then you don"t need the Wizard to tell you what bitrate you should use....Cheers

Holster  2003-09-09 09:25:33 ( ID:tr3vduyzj26 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It can be done. I encode 120min movies on to one 80min cd at a low bitrate between 600/800kbps without any quality difference if i was to encode with a 1150kpbs standard bitrate. You need to encode as a non-standard vcd and also use the Constant Quality setting. You will have to play around with the minimun and maximum bitrates a bit untill you get the final enocde size right.

Minion  2003-09-10 21:35:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yea Maybe no Quality differance in the Untrained eye, But anyone with any real experience in this area can Definately notice the differance between a File encoded at 1150kbs and at 700kbs that is about a 40% drop in Bitrate which meanse a 40% drop in Quality and if a Person can"t notice that then they need glasses..I can barely watch a Standard VCD much less a Below Standard VCD....Cheers

Neat  2003-09-13 00:09:36 ( ID:czoujyssbl. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What if i wanna do opposite of what StevenGA is saying? can i make the quality of the VCD really really good by unlocking the settings? Would it still be recognized as a vcd in my dvd player?

The reason im asking is that when i convert a movie into a vcd its always around the 1gb mark and since im going to have to use 2 cd's any way i wont mind making the file size over 1.4gb

BTW my input source is usually a DVD rip or something thats why i want to make the vcd good quality.

Question - TE25 - MPEG-1 compressing No.38930
Steve  2003-09-05 11:27:42 ( ID:k4icn2exzqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi'm there,

I'm doing some work for a friend of mind (putting title's on his movies for him) which are compressed in mpeg-1 format, 352x240 size, 29.97 FPS, 88.79KB per second Average Data Rate(Properties form Premier)

One of the original Mpeg-1's that I have is 8 seconds and is about 900k in file size, and I took that MPG and I had to use Adobe Premier to add a Title, and I saved it as MPG with Cleaner 5 in Premier and the file size was about 1.5 megs.. I tried to put it through TMPGEnc to compress it more, and it came out with the same file size, and I tried saving the new movie with the title as an AVI in Premier, and using TMPGEnc to convert that AVI to mpeg-1 and it was stille 1.5 megs :(

How can I fix it so it's 900k? When I look at the properties of the new mpeg-1 with the title, the only thing different is the average data rate is 175.68kb per second, rather than the 89.79KB in the 900k original mpeg-1.

I tried to click the mpeg settings tab in TMPGEnc to change the bit rate to less (is this the same as the average data rate?) which is at 1150 - but it's greyed out and won't let me edit anything excpet Motion Search precision.

Arg... I'm a newbie as you can tell and I'm lost :(

PS: Can you add Title's(copyright/watermarks) in TMPGEnc ?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks everyone

Minion  2003-09-05 19:55:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Should not recompress Mpeg files, every time to Compress it you will loose a LOT of Quality, What you should do is save the Title in premier as a Uncompressed AVI file then Encode it to Mpeg1 in Tmpgenc..With Mpeg the Files size has to do with the Bitrate and the Length of the file, so you have to set the Bitrate low enough to get a Small file But you have to make sure that you are encodeing a Mpeg1 file and Not a VCD file cuz there is a Differance, so you go to the "System" setting in tmpgenc ans set it to "Mpeg1" and Not "Video-CD" then the File size will go smaller than a standard VCD file...

Steve  2003-09-06 13:15:28 ( ID:k4icn2exzqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion - Thanks for the response!

I originally tried to do this, and I just tried again and i'm having some trouble. I have the AVI file imported through TMGPEnc, and then i go to the systems tab like you say, it's Greyed out and won't let me change the Stream type. It's on "MPEG-1 Video-CD", and everything on the Video Tab (including bitrate, which I want to get at) is greyed out too... I have the trial version, could this be why?

I hope i'm not doing anything retarded here... Let me know what you think when you get the chance

Minion  2003-09-06 22:07:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To Unlock the settings you have to load the "Unlock.mfc" Template from the "Extra folder" or Just go to "Settings" under "Video" and click on "Bitrate" and Choose "Unlock" and this will unlock the Bitrate setting...

Steve  2003-09-07 12:14:03 ( ID:k4icn2exzqa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You got it !! thanks man that's just what i needed, works perfect now :)

Now I just gotta figure out how to Edit/Cut .WMV files without killing compression, my next tasks that i can't figure out.. lol

Minion  2003-09-07 23:01:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a Few Programs that edit WMV files, I think "ASF-Fix" does WMV/ASF Editing but not sure....Cheers

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.