Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 541 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Conversion of DV-AVI, Quality bad NoPlayBack 6 2003-02-19 07:06:38
Question TE25 No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" ez 1 2003-02-16 15:51:42
Question TE25 No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" ez 0 2003-02-16 06:05:29
Question TE25 Audio 3 seconds ahead of Video Mark 2 2003-02-16 21:46:14
Question TE25 No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" ez 0 2003-02-15 22:38:24
Question TE25 TMPGenc Write Error nathan_higgins 0 2003-02-15 19:56:15
Question TE25 audio out of sync after merging AdonisXX 4 2003-02-16 16:07:52
Question TE25 Schneider 857 player not playing VCD's chewyshaun 3 2003-02-16 16:55:24
Question TE25 wav extractor program pakolainen 2 2003-02-16 15:04:01
Request TE25 extracting sound to wav format Pakolainen 1 2003-02-15 21:10:42
Question TE25 Problems w/MPEG2 encoding. Bad interlacing artifacts... nitelife 3 2003-02-17 08:12:58
Question TE25 no audio after i convert from avi files how do i fix this zackster111 2 2003-02-15 21:05:33

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 541 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Conversion of DV-AVI, Quality bad No.34542
NoPlayBack  2003-02-16 12:48:42 ( ID:4mndxgcw2oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Since months i have this problem: conversion from DV-AVI to MPEG results in bad quality.
I have tried several tricks (like reducing lines, applying filters...) but there is no improvement.
So i would like to ask again in this board, if anybody has suggestions to improve the quality.
I have no problems with other sources... it is really the DV-Source which is making the problems.
I did a search here... but i did only find other people having the same problem, but no suggestions.

Anybody?

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:25:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean by bad quality.
Is it low resolution? Is there blockiness? What?

ASHY

Rick  2003-02-17 22:20:46 ( ID:tgwez0zez9r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't forget the golden rule either...Garbage in Garbage out! How's the source's quality?

Rick

NoPlayBack  2003-02-18 06:43:48 ( ID:ytzsl1mvbdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Blockiness, blurry... where the source quality is excellent.
Seems like the source is much too detailed and has too much informations in, so the bitrate-limit is always reached.
I have already seen suggestions like using only half of the lines as input, in order to reduce the source-informations to give the encoder a chance.
I know many people having this problem... and i have also seen some message here in the board, but i still do not have the solution.
Ripping DVD and converting to VCD gives me excellent quality, but using DV as input and converting to SVCD has much less quality.
There are also some hints in magazines like using filters... all the hints have one common approach: Reducing quality and informations of the source in order to not overload the encoder.
If you would be able to grap a piece of DV-AVI and would try to encode, then you would immediatly see the difference.

Ashy  2003-02-18 18:12:40 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ever tried frame serving the file form something like Virtualdub or AVIsynth and reducing the resolution of the file prior to encoding.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-02-18 18:18:06 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you ever tried frame serving the file form something like Virtualdub or AVIsynth and reducing the resolution of the file prior to encoding.

ASHY

NoPlayBack  2003-02-19 07:06:38 ( ID:ytzsl1mvbdw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did use VirtualDub to extract only half of the lines (one suggestion from a magazin) or lowering the resolution. But i did not frameserve, i simply created a new file and used that as input to TMPGEnc.... what shouldn't be a difference.
I did not see a big difference to using TMPGEnc with build-in filters.
Using filters like noise reduction do have an effect... but they do definitly not heal the world. The more i apply this filter, the better i come around the blockiness-problem.... but then you start to see the effect of the filter, which also reduces quality then.
Because of the very big difference in quality (compared with DVD-source) i am still looking for a setting which helps much more...
And i definitly did not try all available filters and tricks... because this is a very time-consuming work...

Question - TE25 - No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" No.34540
ez  2003-02-16 06:53:23 ( ID:th4vkrazomj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't see my avi codecs in "Save as>avi>codecs" window.
I have DIVX 5.02 and other codecs installed, they show in my V-Dub, but not in TMPGEnc.
I couldn't find any other advice on this board, apart from reinstalling the program, but what's there to reinstall?
You simply unzip it into a folder, and run .exe, right?
I'm using Win 2000.
Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:51:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had this same problem in the past. Only way I could get around it was to use an earlier version of TMPG or do a fresh install of my system.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" No.34539
ez  2003-02-16 06:05:29 ( ID:th4vkrazomj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have DIVX 5.02 and other codecs installed, they show in my V-Dub, but not in TMPGEnc.
I couldn't find any other advice on this board, apart from reinstalling the program, but what's there to reinstall?
I'm using Win 2000.
Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Audio 3 seconds ahead of Video No.34536
Mark  2003-02-16 02:37:07 ( ID:272lf5lc0h2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am new to this process. I am using Clad DVD, DVD2AVI, and TMPGEnc for my process. Whenever I finish with TMPGenc the sound is not in sync with the Video. The most recent one I copied the sound was ahead of the video by 3 or 4 seconds. Some have even been off by more then 20 seconds.

I do not use the computer at all when I am doing this process so there should be plenty of power to do the work..

I need help???

Mark

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:56:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are using DVD2AVI to create a wav file for your audio try VOB2AUDIO instead. It's faster and more accurate and very rarely gives sync problems.

If you still encounter problems then encode the Wav to MP2 with another encoder and then multiplex it with the Video.

MPEGDJencoder is a very fast Mp2 encoder (about 3 mins for a 2 hour movie compared to 25 mins for TMPG) and has never given me any problems with sync.

ASHY

Minion  2003-02-16 21:46:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And Make sure that the audio files and the Video information are the Same length....

Question - TE25 - No AVI codecs showing in "save as>avi>codecs" No.34535
ez  2003-02-15 22:38:24 ( ID:th4vkrazomj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using Win 2000.
Thanks.

Question - TE25 - TMPGenc Write Error No.34534
nathan_higgins  2003-02-15 19:56:15 ( ID:wlkuwbq5i1o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

anyone have any idea what would cause the write error: http://nathan.link9.net/screenshots/tmpgenc-error.jpg

it happens when creating the temporary wave file, i am using tooLame as mpeg2 encoder, TMPGenc v2.510

thanks

Question - TE25 - audio out of sync after merging No.34529
AdonisXX  2003-02-15 17:34:31 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

why is it that on some mepeg files as long as they are separate the audio is fine but when you merge them the audio gets out of sink? is there away to merge these type of mepeg files and keep the audio in sync?

Thanks Guys!

Minion  2003-02-15 21:23:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that the Merge & Cut has a Problem with Audio sync when mergeing and editing, I would sugest useing something like "Mpeg2VCR" to edit and Merge files or encode the files in one part instead of mergeing after encodeing..

Stormbringer  2003-02-16 02:04:30 ( ID:06ax9hyh2o2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will need to use virtualdub to extract the audio to a wav file.
When you come to encode your video, select your original movie file for video and your wav file for audio. This will re-synch your a/v. You can find more info at www.dvdrhelp.com under conversions =o)

>why is it that on some mepeg files as long as they are separate the audio is fine but when you merge them the audio gets out of sink? is there away to merge these type of mepeg files and keep the audio in sync?
>
>Thanks Guys!

AdonisXX  2003-02-16 06:22:22 ( ID:voxmtbrx6gm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion & Stormbringer very good information THanks guys!

Ashy  2003-02-16 16:07:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You will need to use virtualdub to extract the audio to a wav file.
When you come to encode your video, select your original movie file for video and your wav file for audio. This will re-synch your a/v. You can find more info at www.dvdrhelp.com under conversions =o)

What?

He doesn't want to re-encode the file, he simply wants to merge it. Theres no point in extracting the audio to wav and re-encoding . It will still remain out of sync.
Try this http://www.doeasier.org/joiner/

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Schneider 857 player not playing VCD's No.34525
chewyshaun  2003-02-15 15:35:53 ( ID:hdy/pgzln0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I have been using smartripper, dvd2avi and TMPGenc and burning VCD's with Nero. I have made many VCD's in the past all working fine on my SAMSUNG 709. I bought a Schneider 857 and a new laptop to make XVCD's but it wont even play normal VCD's properly. My VCD's that I made (before I got the laptop) on Vivastar media works fine on the Schneider. Any new VCD's I make on the laptop with the same media will work on the Schneider for about 40 mins and then gets heavily distorted. I have to burn with Ulead Video 6 on the laptop as Nero wont recognise my drive, I have also tried burning with Recordnow DX. I have tried different media and the best was datasafe blue which gets distorted after about 55mins of the film, can anyone help? Is it my laptop or what?

Minion  2003-02-15 21:19:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

From the reviews I have read this Player is supposed to be Fairly good and Can Play VCD"s and SVCD"s ...So all that I can think of is Because your Problems seem to be near the end of the Disk is that you are Burning your VCD"s at to high of a Speed so when you get close to the end of the Disk many errors are happening...You should Never Burn your VCD"s at High speed Cuz VCD"s have No error correction, I never Burn at a Speed faster than 8 speed on my 24 speed Burner...and Cheap disks can also be part of the Problem...

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:01:17 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion, as long as you are authoring the files correctly and using half decent media this player should play anything.

I owned one of these players for a while until just recently and it played everything I threw at it.

I also own a Toshiba Sd210e which plays everything except if I burn the disk higher than 4x even at 6x the disk would start to jerk and distort half way through the movie, at 4x it plays perfect.

So lower your burn speed. I always burn at 4x because I know from experience the disk will have problems in certain players if burned any higher.

One way to tell whether it is your burn speed or not is to play the disk on the PC. Usually these disks will play fine on the PC but not on your Set top player.

If it plays ok on the PC then it is likely your burn speed that's causing the problem.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-02-16 16:55:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using th 32x Data safe Silver premium disks made by Ritek. and also the Whitelabel brand by Princo.

Download this program http://www.gum.de/cdrid/ and check the dye type and manufacturer of your disk.
Below is the info returned from the disks I use:

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

ATIP: 97m 32s 19f
Disc Manufacturer: Prodisc Technology Inc.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

As you will notice the Dye technology is the same for both disks.

ASHY

ASHY

Question - TE25 - wav extractor program No.34522
pakolainen  2003-02-15 11:54:02 ( ID:cubcje4p0ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can anyone name a good freeware program for extracting avi audio to wav. format?????

YamYam  2003-02-15 12:16:41 ( ID:v7ftpjfzipj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

Virtualdub, very good avi editor will extract avi audio into wave format.

Ashy  2003-02-16 15:04:01 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVImux is better as it can extract any format directly to Wav.
Virtualdub cannot handle Ac3 correctly whereas AVImux can and many more besides.

ASHY

Request - TE25 - extracting sound to wav format No.34520
Pakolainen  2003-02-15 08:53:06 ( ID:cubcje4p0ln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am a newcomer to this ecoding system but have already managed to encode 2 movies and a coupleof tv programmes into vcd format, - they were a sucess, just tried a 3rd movie to find that after encoding the sound is missing, read articles here that state to extract the audio to wav format and then use that as the source audio file, but how do i extract the audio to wav format. Thanx in advance

Minion  2003-02-15 21:10:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Depending on what the audio format is would determine how you would do it, Virtual Dub can do most Audio formats accept it has problems with AC3 audio..You can use "AVI-Mux" with all audio formats to extract and Uncompress the audio to WAV...

Question - TE25 - Problems w/MPEG2 encoding. Bad interlacing artifacts... No.34516
nitelife  2003-02-15 06:19:42 ( ID:hyel.x..372 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have an AVI source file from my Sony Digital 8 Cam (which looks great) that I'm trying to eventually burn to DVD. Whenever I use TMPGEnc I end with bad interlacing lines in the video, ESPECIALLY when something moves fast on screen.
Ive tried interlace encoding, non-int, even de-interlace, all different quality levels, with no success. These lines (visible distortion lines both horizontal and vertical when at full screen) are not in my source file, so there must be a setting I have wrong w/the encoders. any suggestions? This effect almost looks like you are viewing parts of the picture thru a screen.

Any help? Thanks ;) Gordon

Minion  2003-02-15 08:11:39 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Interlaceing is an Inherant part of the Video ,if there were no interlaceing then there wouldn"t be an image to watch..This shows up on your Monitor Cuz Monitors Display Progressive images and aren"t meant to disply Interlaced images so In thoery the Lines shouldn"t show up on your Interlaced TV set, that is if you have the Correct Field order set...But if they Really bug you a Lot then Tmpgenc has 16 differant De-Interlace Filters to choose from but it seems that either the Even field or odd field filters work the best, but make sure you have the correct field order set correctly..If you use the "Wizard" to load in your File it will analize your file for the Correct field order(Usually bottom field first for DV sources) and set it to the correct setting automaticly...And do not use Media Player to watch your Encoded files Cuz Media Player is not good for watching interlaced images, actually in my opinion it isn"t good for Watching anything, use a Software DVD Player like Power DVD....

Ashy  2003-02-15 09:59:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>These lines (visible distortion lines both horizontal and vertical when at full screen) are not in my source file

Hmm theres something wrong here.
There is no such thing as vertical interlacing lines as this is impossible because interlacing lines are drawn fro left to right on your screnn not up and down.

I guess these are interlacing lines, but you also have your field order set incorrectly.

As for Media player, actually Media player is good for checking you have coerrectly de-interlaced your movie as no de-interlacing filters are used which could fool you into thinking there where no artifacts in the movie whereas DVD software players use de-interlacing filters to remove any interlacing artifacts.

In most cases de-interlacing is not required as you shouldn't see the effect on your TV set as Minion says. It's only because Monitors use progressive scan techniques whereas TV's use alternate scan techniques that you can see the effect.

You should really use a software DVD player such as WinDVD to view your MPEG on your monitor this will remove the artifacts.

Having said all this and you are still not happy then using the Even or Odd de-interlacing filter in TMPG should solve your problem. Remeber though this affects the clarity of the image because you are throwing away half of the lines, but the result is still quite good and aceptable.

The best de-interlace filter there is has got to be AVIsynth's 'BOB' filter. Unfortunately AVIsynth takes quite a bit of getting used to as it's a scripting program, but becomes quite easy to use when you know how.

ASHY

wcpaul  2003-02-17 08:12:58 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is my experience:

Interlaced display (TV) + Interlaced Mpeg file + proper bitrate =

Result indistinguishable from playing the original tape

Interlace artifacts mean the field order was set wrong. Other artifacts mean bitrate has not been managed properly.

Deinterlaced video will never look as good as interlaced on a TV but can look better on some software players.

Several freeware programs can correct field order flags after encoding. (PULLDOWN.EXE is a little cumbersome but works.)

Question - TE25 - no audio after i convert from avi files how do i fix this No.34513
zackster111  2003-02-15 05:41:30 ( ID:ezsjicibmwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx a lot!!!

Sam  2003-02-15 05:56:10 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use a microphone the next time!

Minion  2003-02-15 21:05:33 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Audio Needs to Be Extracted to a WAV file with something like "AVI-MUX" then loaded into Tmpgenc as the audio source...the audio in your AVI file was Probably AC3...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.