Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 554 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Newbie Question jamied 2 2003-01-29 22:52:40
Question TE25 Refine My Process fess 2 2003-01-29 20:57:44
Question TE25 problems luigi 1 2003-01-29 01:43:56
Question TE25 Message: CPU setting has been set to default... abeelandig 1 2003-01-29 01:41:42
Question TE25 Pls explain Anyone 1 2003-01-29 01:38:41
Free talk TE25 Workflow Goran 7 2003-02-04 17:39:25
Bug report TE25 Merge & Cut (again) loosing one audio track !! JMS 2 2003-01-29 11:35:53
Question TE25 Making it work without registry access Mcamino 2 2003-01-29 22:47:52
Question TE25 can't load p3package .dll ron_pool 0 2003-01-28 06:21:23
Question TE25 can't load p3package .dll ron_pool 1 2003-01-28 21:22:23
Question TE25 Please help me with encode time Simon 4 2003-01-29 17:37:44
Question TE25 virtual dub?????? smiles305 0 2003-01-28 01:59:07

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 554 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Newbie Question No.34081
jamied  2003-01-29 10:10:10 ( ID:sujuwxqf7t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've succesfully prodoced a .m2v file and I'm trying to burn it, I'm trying to use Nero to do this but it doesn't recongized the file extension of .m2v. Is there a another step I'm missing here to convert it to a MPEG format? If so, could someone walk me through this?

Thanks
J.

lupy  2003-01-29 11:57:00 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

are u making a vcd? try renaming the file to mpg. vcd mayb require a sound track (not sure)to play. If so u will have to mux one in even if its just silence...

Minion  2003-01-29 22:52:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

An M2V file is a Mpeg 2 Video file with NO Audio..So you have somehow Forgot to add an audio track or your Source file has to audio or you have the "Stream" setting is set to "Video Only"...

Question - TE25 - Refine My Process No.34078
fess  2003-01-29 00:31:28 ( ID:1kl8t4ktd1r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I am a bit confused about rez from DVD. I ripped "ace ventura" an it was 'letter boxed' at 720x480 (with black bars). This means the if I want to resize, I will have to stay within that 'aspect ratio' otherwise risk distortion?

I need to resize the frame in TMPGEnc to a suitable websize. Usually I go for 320x240 or 352x240. But after using clipping to remove the black bars, and resizing the picture it looks unnatural an distorted (squeezed). If I leave the black bars, it has that letter box look. So I end up with a clip (video size 480x240 after removing the black bars)

Am I constrained to this letter box 'aspect ratio' or is there a way to get the actual picture full screen without distortion.

I also ripped a 'mountain bike' DVD an it was 720x480 non letterbox. In TMPGEnc, I set the 'Aspect Ratio' to 1:1VGA, video size to 352x240-using PhotoShop to calculate (352x235) and made the height divisible by 16. It was great.

I concluded that if my DVD is 'letterboxed', I will end up with a rectangle for a clip minus the black bars, and if its full screen on the DVD, I am ok.

Can I refine what I have stated above. Does anyone see a problem with the process I have done an the conclusion because I have only just learned to since Fri. via thanks to 'ASHY's' valued advice...

Regards
Fess

Minion  2003-01-29 01:46:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Watching these Files on your DVD Player on TV then Maybe try the Correct aspect ratio for TV of 4:3, it is Difficult to make a Widescreen Movie Fullscreen without some Distortion....

fess  2003-01-29 20:57:44 ( ID:lpkgk9shi0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion...

Thanks, no the files are not for tv viewing. I was just using it to pratice 'rip' as I am only a few days knowledgable on ripping.

All the dvd rips I make will be for web purposes. I guess my best bet is to check the DVD out before purchasing.

Regards
Fess

Question - TE25 - problems No.34076
luigi  2003-01-28 23:44:18 ( ID:bt/kxztgm1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to load any video I get a message saying (can't load p3package .dll) can you tell me what to do

Minion  2003-01-29 01:43:56 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should have looked for an answer Cuz this answer is Posted everywere..It is Because you Don"t have ALL of the Tmpgenc files in the Same folder..All the Tmpgenc Files have to be extracted to the same folder and not sitting on your Desktop as a Shortcut or anything like that...

Question - TE25 - Message: CPU setting has been set to default... No.34074
abeelandig  2003-01-28 22:50:36 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I am using TMPGEnc 2.57.41.146. Recently I upgraded my computer's procesor from a PII 450 MHz to a 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron. On opening up TMPGEnc, I got the message: "CPU Setting has been set to default because CPU might be different from last time, or new command has been supported".
Does anyone know what's going on? Will I have to make any changes to TMPGEnc's settings?
Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Minion  2003-01-29 01:41:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Probably Just means that the CPU settings in Tmpgenc have been changed to the Default so go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and Make sure that MMX and SSE and Maybe SSE-2 are checked Depending on the model of Celeron Processor....

Question - TE25 - Pls explain No.34072
Anyone  2003-01-28 22:29:44 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. Could pls anyone explain a cpl of things to me.
1) Why is it very often recomended, on an avi-file, to first separate the audio in for ex virtual dub, and convert the sound to WAW, and then mix the sound and the film together in virtual dub ? Can this action actually improve the final result and why?
2) Many people tells me to use the prog DVD2SVCD (with TMPGE as encoder) to convert DivX films to SVCD. Pls tell me why, and how that can improve the final result.
3) What is the absolut best settings for an Avi-film which I convert to SVCD ? The Avi-format is 23,97 FPS, audio is AC3, and the size is appr 1,5 Gb. I don´t want to recive a final film which is just ok, I want the best ever possible to make from an DivX to SVCD, no matter how much time my computer have to work. By the way, the film is 2 hours and 59 min, so I think it should fit on 4 cd:s.

/Anyone

Minion  2003-01-29 01:38:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

#1) you Sometimes extract the audio to a WAV file with Virtual Dub or AVI-MuX then use the WAV file as the audio source in Tmpgenc(You don"t join the audio to the video in Virtual dub)when the audio format in the AVI file is of a Format that Tmpgenc can not decode like "VBR MP3 and AC3 audio"..
#2)DVD2SVCD is a Automated method Of Ripping a DVD to SVCD useing Tmpgenc or CCE as the encoder, It isn"t meant to be used on DivX files Just DVD"s...
#3)You will Probably have Problems with that DivX file Because it has AC3 audio, you Might want to Use "AVI-MuX" to de-mux the AC3 audio and decompress it to a WAV file that you can encode in Tmpgenc, and the Biggest Factor for Good Quality is the Quality of the File you are encodeing and the Bitrate used to encode the file to Mpeg, the Higher the Bitrate the Closer to the Quality of the Source file but to High of a Bitrate and your DVD Player will have problems with Playing it....

Free talk - TE25 - Workflow No.34064
Goran  2003-01-28 14:08:44 ( ID:eq.rtixsnsh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

After a struggle with DVD2SVCD, CCE, LSX, VOBSUB, VirtualDub..., i continued to use the following workflow:

1. (optional) DVD rip with SmartRipper

2. DVDx 2.0: make a huffyuv compessed 253x288 (PAL) AVI with selected subtitles, PCM audio track (converted to 44.1kHz, dolby surround compatible, high quality conversion), no deinterlacing.

3. TMPGenc: encode to XVCD (2-pass VBR, bitrate: 500min, 2400max, average calculated using wizard for 80min VCD), sound 224 or lower for long movies, motion search p. highest quality, default matrix, no motion search for still pict... ON)

4. Nero: burn

I have no problem whatsoever converting to or playing my VCDs in my DVD player or comp. I understand that huffyuv is loseless codec so there is no quality loss when making AVI file. For sound, I'm using PCM, 44,1kHz, stereo, 172 kb/s and I don't know if this is OK or there is a better way, quality and surround concerned.
With DVD2SVCD i have trouble with mpg file sizes (they are ussualy too big for one CD), subs (wrong subs encoded sometimes) and it requires too much attention.
With VirtualDub I have too much trouble with subs...

Can I get a better quality VCD than what I'm getting now with not too much trouble?

Best regards,
Goran

Minion  2003-01-28 21:43:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the First thing you can do is Not make an AVI file ...Even though Huffyuv is Lossless there is still no Reason to make an AVI file..You Can Load the D2V file that SmartRipper Made directly into Tmpgenc without makeing a Big avi file.. Or use DVD2AVI to Make one and extract the audio and encode them in Tmpgenc, you will save a Lot of time and You Might notice a Small Quality improovement.You can also try makeing SVCD"s, they Do look a Lot better than VCD"s and you Can if you tweak it right get close to an Hour on a CD-r with good quality...

Goran  2003-01-29 10:33:11 ( ID:1vfc5ue1xmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First, I CANNOT load D2V file into TMPGenc (...or unsupported.). Raising Directshow to 2 doesn't help. Second, if I succeed, how can I encode with subtitles from D2V? From where is this quality loss between AVI and D2V coming? Is it noticable?
BTW, making an AVI is working in realtime (2 hours for 2 hour movie).
I'm avoiding DVD2AVI route because of the subtitles.
I'm not interrested in SVCD 'cause I don't want to swap disks while watching the movie.

So, other than time and small quality loss, there is no better way to go with VCD?

Best regards,
Goran

Minion  2003-01-29 22:49:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you Have to Have DVD2AVI installed and the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file from the DVD2AVI folder has to be Copied and Pasted into the Tmpgenc folder Before Tmpgenc will accept D2V files, you Can see if you Have the Correct plugin Installed by going to the "Vfapi Plugins" and looking for the "DVD2AVI.vfp Plugin".. I don"t Know how You manage to achieve Good Quality and still Fit a 2 hour Movie on 1 CD-r,Putting VCD/SVCD on 2 or More CD-R"s is Part of Makeing VCD/SVCD"s, it is impossible to Achieve exelent Quality with a whole 2 hour movie on 1 CD-r, unless your Idea of Quality and Mine are a Lot different..you can Still do Subtitles with D2V files there is Just a Couple Extra Steps and Pieces of software...

Goran  2003-02-03 10:55:32 ( ID:1vfc5ue1xmf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I copied dvd2avi.vfp from dvd2avi folder to tmpg folder and now I have 2 dvd2avi plugins listed in vfapi plugins list. Still cannot open .d2v file.

You're right that 2 hour movies cannot be put on 1 VCD with good quality but I really hate to change disks in the middle of the movie. Once the movie is trimmed (cut intro and end credits) there is not so many 2 hour movies. Quality is acceptable. VBR helps a lot. I know how to make it on 2 or more CD's.

> you can Still do Subtitles with D2V files there is Just a Couple Extra Steps
> and Pieces of software...

There lays the problem. If you stated that the quality si superior when doing things this way, I would try it. But for marginal difference there is no point.

Best regards,
Goran

Ashy  2003-02-03 17:15:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the DVD2AVI.vfp from DVD2AVI 1.76 for Smartripper d2v files. The latest version of DVD2AVI is incompatible.

ASHY

Bob  2003-02-04 02:49:10 ( ID:jtkeykdh.n. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whats wrong with the latest of dvd2avi, I also went back to 1.76 to try and solve my floating point errors.

Ashy  2003-02-04 17:39:25 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The structure of the d2v files has been changed (yet again) so the new version is no longer compatible with the d2v files smartripper creates.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Merge & Cut (again) loosing one audio track !! No.34061
JMS  2003-01-28 12:39:24 ( ID:hfngfdzqdtk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I observed that, after successfully multilexing one M2V video file with 2 MP2 audio files (could read the resulting MPG with media player and select each audio track), if I then cut the MPG to produce 2 MPGs (for SVCD burning), it simply drops one of my audio tracks !
One can see that 'Merge&Cut' produces a video stream and an audio stream before remultiplexing them again up the the cut mark. It simply forgets to produce the second audio stream though and obviously doesn't mux it with the others any more !!

Looks like a bug to me, or any of you has a better idea !?

JMS

Minion  2003-01-28 21:34:19 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"m not sure But it seems that Tmpgenc doesn"t support editing Mpeg files with more than 1 audio track..What I would sugest is to use the Muxer in BBMpeg to mux and edit at the same time, it can cut the file at the File size you specify while Muxing More than 1 audio track and it keeps Perfect Audio Sync were Tmpgenc doesn"t allways keep sync while editing the second part of a Video....

JMS  2003-01-29 11:35:53 ( ID:hfngfdzqdtk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for this reply.
I've tried with bbmpeg but the produced mux seemed difficult to read back in a player. Maybe I selected some wrong options!? I tried both 'svcd' and 'mpeg2' configuration presets but WinMP could not produce any sound out of this 'mpg' file, and WinDVD (which accepts any type of VOBs and MPGs to be dropped on its window) couldn't switch between audio tracks !! I didn't try to burn them on CD yet, though !

Anyway after one or two more trials, bbmpeg crashed for some reason schrinking my 'm2v' input file to 0 bytes !! (12 hours encoding lost in about half a second - I love it !). I wonder why it needs to open this file for R/W. Read only sould be enough for an input file !!?

Thanks anyway !

JMS

Question - TE25 - Making it work without registry access No.34058
Mcamino  2003-01-28 07:14:01 ( ID:egxftwr3fzh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to run this program on a brand new win xp computer. With 1gb of ramm and a athlon xp 2300 (i think) cpu. i am havin just one problem, since that computer i only have "user level privlages" (its a shared computer) i do not have access to write to the registry and everytimei run theprogram it says i need to be a administrator to have registry access.. i read earlier that i do not need registry access with the version changelog. so what is the work around to advoid this problem, i have a demo copy i download (the brand new version from 1-17) and a older version i bought back a few months ago. both are giving me the same problem. any suggestions or work arounds to get it to work without regisrty access?

Minion  2003-01-28 21:28:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There Has to Be registry Access Cuz it writes a Little bit in the registry so it can determine when the 30 days of the trial are over and to not let you install it again..There are ways of gaining access as the administrator without haveing a Password but who ever owns the computer will probably get Pissed...

Ashy  2003-01-29 22:47:52 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This doesn't sound right to me. If that's the case most programs you install aren't gonna run. Is this program being run on a work computer?

What's the operating system. Did you install the program under your 'User account'?

ASHY

Question - TE25 - can't load p3package .dll No.34057
ron_pool  2003-01-28 06:21:23 ( ID:9yywrz8pj0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to load any video I get a message saying (can't load p3package .dll) can you tell me what to do.

Thanks,
Ron_pool

Question - TE25 - can't load p3package .dll No.34055
ron_pool  2003-01-28 06:19:27 ( ID:9yywrz8pj0n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to load te video I get a message saying (can't load p3package .dll) can you tell me what to do.

Thanks,
Ron_pool

Minion  2003-01-28 21:22:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Because you don"t have all of the Tmpgenc files in the same folder..ALL of the Files that come with Tmpgenc have to be in a Folder and not sitting on the desktop or the EXE file on the desktop as a Shortcut...

Question - TE25 - Please help me with encode time No.34050
Simon  2003-01-28 06:03:53 ( ID:nolpi9uk6dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To all experts please help me!
I got a super fast computer and it still takes tmpgenc 4 days to encode a file!
My computer is a IBM pentium II 166mhz 16 megs ram windoze98 I dont see what I am doing wrong.
please help!

BlahBlahBlah  Home )  2003-01-28 15:44:39 ( ID:0mkvd61oock )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Your computer is not a fast computer. it takes me 5 hours to encode a full movie and i have a HP Pentium, 4 1.2 ghz, 128 megs of ram, and i run windows ME. It is still slow and takes long to make a MPEG file.

Minion  2003-01-28 21:19:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Simon, Get serius ,Your Computer is about as slow as they come ,You computer is Probably 8 years old ..My computer is Over 10 times as Fast as your Computer and Mine isn"t even a super fast one...I think it is time for an Upgrade...

slippybricks  2003-01-29 00:01:02 ( ID:u6c1ctca3km )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Simon..................................................If ..........................................your..................................computer......................................is....................................fast................................you..................................probably........................................cant..........................................read.....................................the................other.................answers.............................You....................................should............................be...................................able...............................to.........................read...................................this.....................................though...................................teh.....................answer...............................is..........................to...........................upgrade.

Ashy  2003-01-29 17:37:44 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nice one slippybricks!
Give a break eh?

Question - TE25 - virtual dub?????? No.34049
smiles305  2003-01-28 01:59:07 ( ID:ghvttwecibn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i try using wizard and get to the point of choosing video and then choosing audio(wav file from virtual dub) at which point it freezes.......what do i do?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.