Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 561 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 When did the wizard become available? Neo 2 2003-01-23 21:25:46
Question TE25 opening saved project Sterling 2 2003-01-23 11:09:57
Question TE25 Converting AVI to Mpeg VCD Rob 1 2003-01-22 13:29:50
Question TE25 Incorrect size of vcd file Bjorn 2 2003-01-22 14:52:26
Question TE25 Removing Overscans? Billy 8 2003-01-24 18:37:37
Question TE25 Win98 vs 2000 dcseuss 0 2003-01-22 00:21:28
Question TE25 no audio joemomma 1 2003-01-21 23:23:00
Question TE25 Hey Minion jim 1 2003-01-21 22:48:54
Bug report TE25 Bitrate Prob. Phantom88 1 2003-01-21 22:30:52
Question TE25 Combine Avi Files with TMPG Enc ? Videofreakazoid 1 2003-01-21 08:18:09
Question TE25 Error texmex 1 2003-01-21 07:06:26
Question TE25 Repeated Frames in DVD output Mark Goldberg 3 2003-01-25 07:21:36

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 561 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - When did the wizard become available? No.33842
Neo  2003-01-22 15:14:11 ( ID:r0949iyljkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can someone email me the answer at neo_born@hotmail.com please n thank you.

Minion  2003-01-22 21:19:36 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean????? the wizard has been there Forever!!

Ashy  2003-01-23 21:25:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The wizard option was introduced as of version 2.50

ASHY

Question - TE25 - opening saved project No.33839
Sterling  2003-01-22 13:45:22 ( ID:/nw.rgkce7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have saved a project that I was coverting to vcd. But when I go to open the project then I hit the start button to continue it says that the file already exists do I want to overwrite. No, I don't want to overwrite it took hours to get it to the point where I am at. How do I continue from where I left off?

Minion  2003-01-22 21:18:27 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What exactly do you mean by "How do I continue Were I left Off"???? if you started to encode a File and you stopped encodeing for some reason you have to start over again...Once you start a encodeing Project you can not stop it and start were you left off......

Sterling  2003-01-23 11:09:57 ( ID:/nw.rgkce7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That was exactly what I wondering.

Question - TE25 - Converting AVI to Mpeg VCD No.33837
Rob  2003-01-22 08:12:12 ( ID:jt.wajiwflr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a compressed AVI, When I tried to convert AVI into a VCD format (MPEG-1) the video was choppy and not fluid. I found that breaking it into both Video and Audio and converting those files into a VCD format (MPEG-1) works a little better than direct convertion. The problem I'm running into is the video is still not fluid... its choppy (not as bad as before). I'm still hacking my way through TMPGEN, does anyone out there have any ideas or tricks to correct this. Any help would be great. Thanks in Advance for any help.

ROB

lupy  2003-01-22 13:29:50 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

the frame rate of the output mpg must be the same as the avi (source)....

Question - TE25 - Incorrect size of vcd file No.33834
Bjorn  2003-01-22 05:42:59 ( ID:v551gawk1la )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a movie called "The Gift". It is 700mb and the video is Divx3 Low-Motion, and the sound is MPEG-1 Layer3. The movie is 112min long.

Problem 1 - TMPGEnc will not convert the sound. The picture converts to a vcd file fine, but no sound. No error, just no sound.

Problem 2 - I used VirtualDub to get a wav of the sound but when using TMPGEnc to combine the sound with the original avi file the sound was out of sync and I can't find an easy way to correct this.

Problem 3 - In Environmental Setting (VFAPI plug-in), the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is set to priority -1. If I make this any higher TMPGEnc will freeze immediately.

Problem 4 - I choose a bitrate of 750kbs so that I could fit the entire movie on one 80min CDR and TMPGEnc indicated the output file would be 790mb, however it came out over 1gig. I have tried samples with various bitrates and they all come out the same size no matter what bitrate I use (?). It's as though TMPGEnc ignores my choice of bitrate. I am using MPEG-1 Video-CD (non-standard) as the Stream type.

Any suggestions?

B_Racer  2003-01-22 09:00:39 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1. Yeah, that's nearly normal if you convert some AVIs with VBR encodet Sound.
Try a modified Version of VirtualDub to extract the Sound (VirtualDubMOD).

2. See 1

3. Maybe you have a conflict between some Codecs. If all is correct, TMPGEnc will not freeze.

4. That's a Problem with TMPGEnc 2.59. Use an older or newer Version for Multiplexing Non-Standard VCD.

> Any suggestions?

Yes! Read the Board! None of your Questions is new.

Bjorn  2003-01-22 14:52:26 ( ID:v551gawk1la )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Problem 2 solved. I extracted the wave from virtualdub in a different way than I had been and it now is in sync with the video when combined with it.

Problem 4 solved. I was using version 2.59 of TMPGEnc.

Never mind about Problem 1 & 3 because with the other two problems solved I can at least get the final result I'm looking for.

Thanks.

P.S. I read the board extensively before posting my questions but there are A LOT of posts to go through, 99.9999% of which are bs.

Question - TE25 - Removing Overscans? No.33825
Billy  2003-01-22 01:28:21 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My source files are subtitled and it goes below the TV screen. Is there a way to display the whole video on the TV without cropping anything?

Minion  2003-01-22 01:46:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try useing the "Clip Frame" and "Video Arrange method" settings in the "Advanced settings" ,You can add Boarders to the Top and bottom of the screen so the Frame doesn"t get Cut off By the TV Screen....

Billy  2003-01-22 02:42:09 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Isn't that sort of like widescreen? And doesn't the picture quality in the middle get squished and look weird?

Billy  2003-01-22 03:18:12 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually, when you clip the frame, the frame doesn't get clipped. How do I make it so I don't clip anything? Also, TMPGEnc is acting very strange. First, when I clicked on the AVI file for video/audio source, it says it was unsupported! It worked in the past and I can play the source files. When I tried again, it only worked for the video source while the audio source is blank and the output is a m1v file. Argh! When I finally get it to work after a few tries, TMPGEnc closes automatically, or it freezes or it just won't encode or, it encodes the first frame and the rest are black leaving only the audio!!!

Billy  2003-01-22 03:19:22 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I forgot to mention, I'm using version 2.5! But please help me on the overscan first! Thanks a lot Minion!

Minion  2003-01-22 21:11:15 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it seems that you are asking the Impossible ,You want to change the image so you can see the Subtitles But not change the image ,this Just can not be done you have to take the good with the bad...You can use the "Video arange Method" to add boarders without squishing the Image it just makes the image a little smaller with Boarders on the top and bottom..You can"t Move the subtitles so they are higher on the screen or anything like that, it just can not be done....as for the "Unsupported" message you can usually fix this By raiseing the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" to "2"...

Billy  2003-01-24 00:59:20 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, how do I add borders to the bottom (and maybe left and right)? I tried selecting "center" but then the characters in the video seemed squashed. Same with "center (keep aspect ratio)". I'm making an SVCD for my friend so it is 480x480. I hope it works on her player. Is making an SVCD/VCD for a friend allowed?

Ashy  2003-01-24 18:34:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You seem to be going about things wrongly here. Surely the subtitles can't have been added so far below the T.V screen area so that you can't actually see them. This would be a TV set problem with a severe overscan setting not a problem with the movie.

I take it this movie is full screen in the 4:3 ratio.
If so make sure you set the input aspect ratio to 4:3 525line(NTSC) and the output ratio to 4:3.
Select 'Full screen (keep aspect ratio)' as the 'Video arrange method'

If this still causes the subs to be below the Screen area of a known good working TV then shoot the guy that made this Movie cuz he obviously did not know what he was doing.

If this is the case then select 'center(custom size)' as the 'Video arrange method' using the 'Arrange setting' button in the 'Clip frame' filter and adjust the image as required.

ASHY

Ashy  2003-01-24 18:37:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way if you are making a SVCD. You will have to set the output frame size as 720x480 first so you can adjust the image without the aspect ratio distortion of SVCD.
Once you are happy with the image simply set it back to 480x480.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Win98 vs 2000 No.33824
dcseuss  2003-01-22 00:21:28 ( ID:ui2pyrpew6. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where can I find the diffrences or bug report for NT2000 and Win98. I have noticed that there are things that I can do in the 98 os that I can't do in 2000, when using TMPGenc. An example, when I Simple De-multiplex in 2000 I don't get the whole video however I get it in 98.

Question - TE25 - no audio No.33822
joemomma  2003-01-21 22:25:10 ( ID:71t7exfe.oj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hey i'm sort of new to this, but i'm learning fairly quickly. i have ran into one problem, however. after encoding an asf file to mpeg (for vcd)the sound only works about 30 min or so into the movie then stops completely. any help would be appreciated.

Minion  2003-01-21 23:23:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc sometimes has Problems with ASF/WMV audio, so you have to extract the audio to a WAV file then use the wav file as the audio source in tmpgenc..To do this you will need a Audio encoder that can extract ASF/WMV audio and decode it to WAV audio...one Good Program for this is called "DB Power AMP", you can download it for free at " http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ " you have to Download the Main Program and the WMA audio codecs,once the program is installed and the Codecs are properly installed you just have to right click on the ASF file and go to "Convert" then choose "Wav" from the conversion menu..this is a Very good audio encoder and there are many codecs that you can download to convert many different formats, just read the instructions carefully on how to install the WMA codecs....

Question - TE25 - Hey Minion No.33820
jim  2003-01-21 19:32:42 ( ID:x/cjovx6ecm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am newbie but have figured this stuff out pretty good so far I have 2 small questions and hope you are able to help since you know just about everything on this subject. What size do I want to make the picture for best tv viewing, and does increasing the bitrate sharpen the picture, or is there a way to sharpen picture? Also would you recommend i encode to vcd or dvd? I am capable of recording both formats but am not sure what program to use once i have encoded to mpeg, for dvd, in order to transfer to dvd. Thanks for any insight you may be able to share.

Minion  2003-01-21 22:48:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Resolution you use is Not really up to you it is Up to the Standard you are useing, Meaning if you want to make a VCD then you have to Use the VCD standard Resolution of 352+240 for NTSC and 352+288 for Pal, unless you want to make a XVCD which you get a Few More options like 352+480 or 704+480 NTSC, but there is No Gaurantee that it will play in your DVD Player, and you would have to use a Much higher bitrate when useing these higher resolutions and Bitrates your DVD Player Might not be able to handle them ...As to if you should choose to make a VCD or a DVD that is basicly up to your Source AVI File, If you have a Lower Quality AVI file then I would make a VCD and if you have a Low resolution AVI file then I would Make a VCD Cuz Up-sizeing the Resolution of an AVI file to DVD Resolutions will Greatly degrade the Quality of the resulting Mpeg file..But if you have a Really good Quality AVI file with a High Resolution then it would be suitable for DVD, But most AVI Files downloaded off the Net are not going to be suitabe for DVD Authoring Cuz of the Low resolutions and Quality ..as to how you would burn a DVD you would have to have a DVD Authoring Program, there are Many such Programs and they vary in Quality and Price..I use "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3" for Basic stuff and it runs about $250 But for More complex stuff I use "Sonic DVD producer 3.1.1" which runs about $4500, it can make DVD"s with all the features of Retail DVD"s that is Probably why it is so Expensive, there are ones that are more expensive like "Sonic Scenerest" which runs about $20,000....So I would stick with something easier like "Ulead DVD Workshop" which a 30 day trial can be downloaded off there site at " http://www.ulead.com "..........

Bug report - TE25 - Bitrate Prob. No.33818
Phantom88  2003-01-21 17:26:30 ( ID:it5nv72.zgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im having a strange problem when trying to convert an avi to MPG1. I set the bitrate to 128, and when the conversion is done, the file size is about 200 megs(video is about ~20 min.), and real1player says, that the bitrate is 1395Kbps?
Is this a bug in TMPGEnc, or am I missing something?

Minion  2003-01-21 22:30:52 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well a Bitrate of 128kbs is WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO LOW for a Mpeg file unless the Resolution is Really low like 36+24 and that is a Really small image...and if you are useing the 2.59 version there is a Bug in it that if you are encodeing to VCD then it will not let you lower the Bitrate lower than the VCD Standard of 1150kbs...and if you are useing a Different version and makeing a VCD then you have to set the "System" setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard" or it will pad the stream to make it VCD Compliant.....

Question - TE25 - Combine Avi Files with TMPG Enc ? No.33816
Videofreakazoid  2003-01-21 07:30:26 ( ID:fzvlab1ptwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i would like to combine two avi files. Wich program is the best for this ( because the video should be good quality).
Is it possible with tmpgenc ?
Thanks.
Greet¡­s
Videofreakazoid

Minion  2003-01-21 08:18:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you Just want to Take 2 AVI files and Turn them into 1 Big AVI file then this isn"t the Software you want..You need something like "Virtual Dub"....

Question - TE25 - Error No.33814
texmex  2003-01-21 06:31:29 ( ID:3cx7c7l611g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am getting error

File"c:Program FilesKazaaMy Shared Folder[tmd]empire.(eso).proper.ts.(1of2)real deal.avi" can not open, or unsupported.

but am able to watch movie. Every time I try to open an avi. file I get this error.

lupy  2003-01-21 07:06:26 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

search the forum......

Question - TE25 - Repeated Frames in DVD output No.33810
Mark Goldberg  2003-01-21 05:56:57 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using version 2.59 and encoding AVIs from kino 0.6 (linux) to DVD format.
The AVI seems to be fine, but the .m2v file and the multiplexed
.mpg files that result occasionally repeat a frame. The files seem
to have the same number of frames as the original, but the playback
is jerky when the frames repeat. Otherwise, the encoding is excellent.

Source DV camcorder NTSC 29.97 Video 8000 CBR, 48000 audio.

I have tried encoding with many different options, with both type 1 and 2
AVIs, on two different machines under Win98, Athlons one with sse, one not.

Also, it seems to not be able to read a sequence of files zzzz001.avi,
zzzz002.avi, ... that exceed 2 GB. It only sees the first 2 GB of files.

Does any one have any suggestions? I was about to purchase the package, but
these are problems. I can get around the 2 GB limit, but the repeating frames
seem to always happen, just at different times depending on the options.

Thanks.

Mark Goldberg  2003-01-23 05:41:55 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Further info:

If I select the .avi file and go into a filter window, say, sharpen image,
and use the scroll bar to get to the area where the frames seem to repeat,
it can get into a mode where clicking the right and left arrows at the end
of the scroll bar cause the frame number to change at the top of the screen,
but the same frame is displayed. This only happens for one frame. Clicking
the arrow twice changes the frame number twice and the frame only once.
Clicking again counts up frames and images correctly. This is using the
directshow multimedia file reader. It is the same in the latest version.
It also seem to think that there are two more frames in the file than
there are. If I uncheck the directshow file reader no other standard plugin can
read the file. Is there a better plugin to use?

Ashy  2003-01-24 18:10:47 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This sounds like a field order problem.
Reverse the field order to the one you have set.

ASHY

Mark Goldberg  2003-01-25 07:21:36 ( ID:jxpoerupuxl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The file is interlaced and I would easily see if the field order was wrong.
(I have made that mistake before!) It seems to have something to do with
the machine it is run on. It does work correctly on another machine that
has had directx updated for games. The problem is on a machine that runs
win98 under Linux using win4lin. It also works in wine, and, almost always,
wine is much worse than win4lin, as the latter runs real win98 in a virtual
machine with real Microsoft code. I have posted on a win4lin mailing list,
as someone has apparently gotten it to run there. I think it is not a bug
in Tmpgenc, but in the directshow support in win4lin.

Thanks for the reply.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.