Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 562 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Sound, plz read, quick question Surenthar S. 7 2003-01-23 21:10:05
Question TE25 Dolby Digital or DTS? Billy 5 2003-01-22 01:53:16
Question TE25 50-min. Source File Billy 1 2003-01-21 02:24:38
Question TE25 error message lex_1967 1 2003-01-21 02:07:23
Question TE25 No sound. Danno 1 2003-01-21 02:00:38
Question TE25 Video freeze in MPG-VCD but AVI plays Flang 4 2003-01-23 16:56:31
Question TE25 Strange error code Helvete 0 2003-01-20 21:52:00
Question TE25 Mr. jrobich 1 2003-01-20 22:17:42
Question TE25 Why doesn't match Video and Audio after Cutting? Flo 2 2003-01-20 22:49:23
Question TE25 Illegal MPEG audio stream ROS 0 2003-01-20 19:56:03
Free talk TE25 bad encoding jor14 3 2003-01-21 02:13:24
Question TE25 video error starchannel 0 2003-01-20 19:04:52

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 562 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Sound, plz read, quick question No.33802
Surenthar S.  2003-01-21 05:22:50 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the latest version of tmpgenc and when i tried to enode an avi file into mpeg, the video is there but there is no sound. I know what the problem is, it's that there is no audio source. When i went to add the .avi file as the audio source, it wouldn't allow me to use that file as the audio because it was "not supported" by tmpgenc. This doesn't make any sense because I tried it once before, and yes, it did work, the sound and video both came out perfectly. I've tried to rip the sound off the avi file as a .wav and then use that as the source usin tmpgenc itself, and virtual nub as well, but that didnt work out as well. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Minion  2003-01-21 08:12:12 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean "It Didn"t work Out well"??? If the audio in the AVI File you are trying to encode is AC3 then tmpgenc will not encode it, so you would have to extract it to a WAV file, you can use Virtual Dub But Virtual Dub Just de-muxes the AC3 audio and Puts a WAV extention and a WAV header on the AC3 file so it really isn"t a WAV file it is an AC3 file with a Wav header and extention so what you have to do is re-name the WAV that was extracted by Virtual Dub Back to AC3 then use a Command Line Program called "AC3 Fix" it will Mave the AC3 file a Real AC3 file then after that you have to load the AC3 file into a Audio encoder that Supports AC3 audio Like "Headac3he" and encode the AC3 to either wav that you can encode in Tmpgenc or to MP2 that you can mux with the encoded Mpeg Video File...This is a Bit of a Bitch to do But that is what you get for Useing Files with AC3 audio ,That is if the audio format in your AVI file is AC3, if you load the AVI file into "Virtual Dub" then go to "File" to "File Information" and if it says that the audio format is "Unknown" then it is AC3.....

Surenthar S.  2003-01-21 23:34:58 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried opening the ac3fix file, but it opens the command line window, then closes it really quickly. How can i fix it? Im running WinXP Pro. Thanks again!.

Minion  2003-01-21 23:59:58 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Seeing as it is a Command line Program you need to open a Command prompt, then type in the Path to were the AC3Fix.exe file is, then it will give you instructions on How to open the AC3 file in it...I think?

Surenthar S.  2003-01-22 01:58:26 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried opening the ac3fix file, but it opens the command line window, then closes it really quickly. How can i fix it? Im running WinXP Pro. Thanks again!.

Surenthar S.  2003-01-22 02:08:50 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No such luck, i type in the path, and this is what appears...

E:/Documents and Settings/New>Desktop/ac3_fix03/ac3fix.exe
ac3fix V0 3

Removes bad frames from .AC3 files
Usage: ac3fix <infile> <outfile>
Error level returned:
0: No bad frames found
1: One or more bad frames found and removed
2: Error in execution

Then i tried entering the path of the .ac3 file, and it said that it could not open the file.

Minion  2003-01-22 02:31:54 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried to get it to work also and Didn"t have any luck either..I don"t work with AC3 audio much cuz Of these Problems, It is easy to do if the AC3 is in VOB files from DVD"s But in AVI files it is Much more difficult..The Only other thing that I can think of is supposedly if you Install the the "Tsunami Filter Pack" then you can encode AC3 files with Tmpgenc But I have tried it and it did not work, another thing is to try to demux the audio with "VirtualDub_Mod" they say it can handle AC3 audio But It still didn"t work for me, and another thing that is supposed to work is to Demux the audio from the avi with a Program called "AVI-Mux" it is supposed to be able to demux and decompress the ac3 in an AVI file to a WAV file But I haven"t been able to get it to work..Then I guess you can use an Dolby Digital Encoder/Decoder like "Digigram" But it is Hard to find , But if you e-mail me I"ll send it to you, I don"t know if it will work on the AC3 file that you extracted with Virtual Dub But it might..Sory that it is so Difficult But AC3 is just a Hard format to work with and I hate it with a Passion and One of the Many Reasons why I don"t use files downloaded off the net.....

Ashy  2003-01-23 21:10:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

AVImux can easily handle this as long as you use it correctly. Why someone should have a problem getting it to work I don't know because it is so easy to use. Search this BBS for 'AVImux' for info how to use it.

If that doesn't work then you can download Goldwave and load the AVI file into that then extract to a wav file. You will need to install this Ac3 filter first.
http://pkmovie.com/jsboard/data/tip/files/20020605104138/AC3filters.exe

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Dolby Digital or DTS? No.33796
Billy  2003-01-21 02:43:04 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know too much about Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 or DTS enhanced...hehe...it's all mixed up. Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible in TMPGEnc that you make a VCD/SVCD with Dolby DIgital or DTS...surround sound?

mpeg obsession  2003-01-21 02:58:24 ( ID:0v38fp4fqco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc can multiplex MPEG with Dolby AC3 strem, but not with DTS, and also it can't encode Dolby or DTS.

Further more, (S)VCD should have mpeg audio or it's non standard...

Billy  2003-01-21 03:12:20 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if my source file has AC3/Dolby/DTS/MPEG Audio (what's the difference?!)... So you mean that if my source file doesn't have one of the above, then you can't have those audio? My source file has 480000Hz Stereo...what does that mean???

Minion  2003-01-21 08:03:55 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

48000hz is the Frequency of the audio, it has nothing to do with the Format, your Source File can Have any audio format But Tmpgenc will Not Encode the audio if the audio is Dolby Digital AC3 or DTS, you have to use a Seperate audio encoder to encode the audio to a Format that Tmpgenc Can encode...SVCD"s and VCD"s have to have Mpeg1-Layer1/2 audio or they won"t play on your DVD Player, tmpgenc will encode the audio to Mpeg1 layer1/2 audio But the audio you load into Tmpgenc has to be of a Format that Tmpgenc can decode and Dolby Digital and DTS are not one of those formats....

Billy  2003-01-22 01:26:29 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So how do I make an SVCD or a VCD have Dolby or DTS?

Minion  2003-01-22 01:53:16 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I allready said in my last post that You Can"t...Well you Can But your DVD Player will Not Play it with audio...The VCD and SVCD specification Calls for Mpeg1 Layer 1 or 2 audio and any Deviation from this will Make the File Non Compliant and will Not play the audio..You can try it But I gaurantee you that it will Not work, Very very Very Few Players will Play SVCD"s with Dolby digital Audio and No Players will Play SVCD"s with DTS...If you want to Have Dolby AC3 or DTS audio you will Have to Make a DVD.....

Question - TE25 - 50-min. Source File No.33794
Billy  2003-01-21 02:17:10 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a 50-minute AVI file and it's in great quality! I want to fit it onto 1 CD-R that is 700MB/80MIN. What bitrate settings (as well as other important settings) should I use? Also, does it make any difference if you make VCDs on CD-Rs or CD-RWs? My DVD Player can play both and I happen to know that CD-RWs are erasable...

Minion  2003-01-21 02:24:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are Makeing a VCD and want to Get the Best Possible Quality then you will need to make a Non-Standard VCD and raise the Bitrate to about 1850kbs, this should give you a Mpeg File about 750mb-800mb,(you can fit 800mb on a 700mb 80min CD-R in VCD Format)as to useing CD-R"s or CD-RW"s that is up to you, a CD-R generally will have more space on it 700mb as opposed to 650mb and are Cheaper, But if something goes wrong then a CD-RW would be best, so what you can do is Burn it to a CD-RW and if it works fine then You can burn it on a CD-R and save the CD-RW for next time...

Question - TE25 - error message No.33792
lex_1967  2003-01-21 00:07:04 ( ID:3wccftysfnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i go to add video source i get a message tmpgenc12 has caused an error in kernel32.dll and will now close . what do i need to do now to fix that problem
then it says d2v file isnt supported

Minion  2003-01-21 02:07:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First You should update to a Newer version..The reason you are getting an error when loading the D2V file could be a Few different reasons, First you have to Make sure you have the DVD2AVI VFapi Plugin Properly installed...you should go to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and see if there is a "DVD2AVI.vfp" Plugin Listed there, and if there isn"t one listed then go into your DVD2AVI Folder and copy and Paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file into the "Tmpgenc" Folder..Now the Plugin Should be Installed..and you have to remember that you can not Delete or Moove or Re-Name the "Vob/Mpg" files that you made the D2V file from untill after you have finnished encodeing..and if all else Fails Try Makeing a New D2V file..

Question - TE25 - No sound. No.33790
Danno  2003-01-21 00:02:02 ( ID:el3ocq/iwh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When decoding from AVI to mpeg1 the video is fine but the sound is missing. I downloaded the latest version but still no luck.The system (sound + video) box is checked.Should it possibly be the se(sound + video).Don't want to pay for this until I know it will do what I need.

Minion  2003-01-21 02:00:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Certain Audio Formats are Difficult to Decode unless you have certain Codecs and/or Filters installed and even then it doesn"t allways work..So what you have to do is Extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something Like "Virtual Dub" then use the WAV file as the audio source in Tmpgenc...

Question - TE25 - Video freeze in MPG-VCD but AVI plays No.33785
Flang  2003-01-20 22:16:26 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I looked through all the messages but have not seen my problem.
When encoding from AVI-DivX to MPG-1 VCD the video freezes, audio continues with no error messages. The AVI plays just fine though the point that it freezes during the encode process. If the AVI were corrupt at the freeze point, wouldn't it stop playing ? Is there any easy way around the problem ?

Thanks -

Sorry for the almost same post as another user.

Minion  2003-01-20 22:52:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Little Tool called DivX-FiX that is supposed to fix Frozen Frames in a DivX file, Maybe that would help you ..Look for it on a Search engine...

don2050  2003-01-21 02:40:38 ( ID:n/mtiz1mmon )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just had this same issue. this guide explains how to correct Divx/Xvid avi's with bad frames in them so you can load them into TMPGenc and encode properly

http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/userguides/135552.php

Goodluck

Flang  2003-01-22 16:19:01 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your help. I'll look for Divx fix and let you know what happens.
Thanks again.

Flang  2003-01-23 16:56:31 ( ID:lkpdzmtqwoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DivX-FiX worked great ! It was simple, easy to use and fast. Thanks again for your help !

Question - TE25 - Strange error code No.33784
Helvete  2003-01-20 21:52:00 ( ID:gdoi5fzrbsw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.
I got a error message.
What does it mean?
What happens?

It sais : -537403781 197008

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.33782
jrobich  2003-01-20 21:21:23 ( ID:njbstgxtfwl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Before the completion of converting an avi file I was forced to stop the process and save the file which was about 1/2 completed. I cannot reload the file and continue the process. Will I have to start the process over again or is there a way to load the saved file?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

ASHY  2003-01-20 22:17:42 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Find out what the last frame was that was encoded then use the source range feature to begin encoding from the next frame after that.
After completion join the 2 parts with the merge&cut tool in the MPEGtools.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Why doesn't match Video and Audio after Cutting? No.33779
Flo  2003-01-20 20:30:48 ( ID:fzvlab1ptwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I'm trying do cut my video with 'Source Range' in the Project Wizard (cutting out commercials)the audio track seems not to be cut and video and audio doesn't match any more. Can anybody help???
I'm using TMPEGEnc Ver. 2.510.49.157

Brian  2003-01-20 21:14:16 ( ID:gfo3sfpr5rm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm guessing your using the mpeg tools section. I've had the same problem when set to mpeg1-auto. My projects were vcd format, so I had to set to the type to mpeg1-vcd and all was good. Hope it helps.

Minion  2003-01-20 22:49:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried to Use the "Cut Editing" feature in the "Source Range" to Edit out Comercials and the audio allways allways went out of sync, this is Probably Because AVI files have to be edited on a KeyFrame or the audio will go out of sync ..I don"t think there is Much you can do in Tmpgenc to fix this, What I end up doing Takes Up a lot of time and is a Hassle But it works, what I do is Just actually edit out the Comercials with Virtual Dub then Use the Edited File in Tmpgenc...

Question - TE25 - Illegal MPEG audio stream No.33778
ROS  2003-01-20 19:56:03 ( ID:yoy/6hbp7sf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is it that when I go to Multiplex it will only allow certain MP3's to work?

Free talk - TE25 - bad encoding No.33774
jor14  2003-01-20 19:21:34 ( ID:hyi1f2fyung )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 problems, please help me.

Problem (1); each time y try to encode an avi file to mpeg1 or mpeg 2 the result is not good. The final file shows horizontal lines distorsioning the image. it is like the image wolud be interlacing or something like that.

Problem (2); After installing tmpegenc Plus, media player does not work correctly.I can not play all the avi files that i colud before. I cant play any mpeg1 file, while i hadnt this problem before. Why?

Thank you.

Minion  2003-01-20 22:43:24 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Those Horizontal Lines ARE interlace Lines, they are a Fundamental Part of the Video and not some sort of aberation..These Lines show up on your Monitor Cuz you monitor Displays a progressive Image so the Lines will Be much more Visible, they Should not Show up on a NTSC TV Set...But if you really want to get rid of them then try one of the Deinterlace Filters that will get rid of the Lines But you will loose a Bit of the Sharpness of the Image...

jor14  2003-01-20 23:13:50 ( ID:fglzfyzke72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thank you very much, Minion.

I think that that the first problem is solved. I have realized that the horizontal lines that i refered only appeared on the preview window but not in the final file.

The second problem is still. I have reinstalled media player (version 9). But its imposible to play mpeg1, vcd, or dvd. When i play that kind of files only sound is played while screen is on black. I hadnt that problem before installing TMPGENCPLUS.
Have you any solution for this problem. Thank you again.

Minion  2003-01-21 02:13:24 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t use Tmpgenc and Media Player 9 together on the same Machine at least with Most Poeple...it isn"t a Tmpgenc Problem But a Media Player 9 Problem seeing as Tmpgenc came out Way Before Media Player 9 came out..MP9 also Causes Many Problems with Other programs Cuz it seems to interfere with Certain programs when trying to Connect to certain Codecs...This is a Well Known problem and the Only way I know of to fix it is to do a "System Restore" to an earlier Point before you Installed MP9...

Question - TE25 - video error No.33773
starchannel  2003-01-20 19:04:52 ( ID:phqtkaej84c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get an audio only output file (wave sound file),with no video when setting the trial version of TMPGEnc to DVD-NTSC. I need an output file that has sound and video (DVD-NTSC), do I need to use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5?, or pay for the full version? (US $50)

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.