Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 564 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 How do I put subs on vcd ? Thrillseeker 1 2003-01-20 22:27:45
Question TE25 Error Acured when ACM was initialized Indian 0 2003-01-20 02:42:46
Question TE25 Why set a minimum bitrate to anything higher than 0? sndtek 3 2003-01-20 17:27:19
Question TE25 Why cant i convert my .avi to mpeg ffs !! Cracker_Jack 4 2003-01-20 21:13:03
Question TE25 No Sound Tony 1 2003-01-20 00:29:13
Question TE25 what's an easy way to batch encode several dozens of files? morcos 6 2003-01-22 03:37:48
Question TE25 Overall Length of Final Video Xtra Things 2 2003-01-21 00:57:06
Free talk TE25 TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155 rejects AVI-Files Reinhard 5 2003-01-20 00:21:25
Question TE25 Miscalculates File Size 0oVWOo0 3 2003-02-04 03:05:04
Question TE25 No Audio gritta 0 2003-01-19 17:41:54
Question TE25 No Audio gritta 2 2003-01-20 14:00:30
Question TE25 Splitting Mpeg files Stephen_g25 0 2003-01-19 16:37:59

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 564 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - How do I put subs on vcd ? No.33735
Thrillseeker  2003-01-20 07:06:36 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im about to encode an mpeg file to vcd but I would like to put the subs on there too. Is this possible and if so... how?

Minion  2003-01-20 22:27:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To do this you would have to use Virtual Dub and the Subtitle Plugin and frame serve the AVI file and the Subs to Tmpgenc...go to "http://www.virtualdub.org/

Question - TE25 - Error Acured when ACM was initialized No.33734
Indian  2003-01-20 02:42:46 ( ID:qx.hwij50cw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

if i want to convert a avi into mpeg and press start iam getting the following error message

"The Error Acured when ACM was initialized"

Anyone one know why this happened ?

Thx for the help

Question - TE25 - Why set a minimum bitrate to anything higher than 0? No.33730
sndtek  2003-01-20 02:09:13 ( ID:rajsqph3.yw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there an advantage to not using 0 as the minimum bitrate in CQ_VBR? Is this strictly a player issue or are there picture quality (encoding) issues?

Minion  2003-01-20 02:21:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there are a Bunch of reasons why you should not set the Minimun Bitrate to "0"...One reason is if the Bitrate goes to low your Player won"t be able to read it, and another reason you don"t want it to low is if the Bitrate all of a sudden Jumps from say 200kbs to say 1500kbs or 2000kbs your DVD Player won"t be able to spin the Disk fast enough to go from a Really slow speed at reading at 200kbs to a Fast speed at 1500kbs so the Image will look like slow motion for a couple seconds and the audio can go out of sync for a few seconds till the disk speeds up to the speed were it can read the data at the proper speed, and having to much space between the Minimum and Max bitrate will cause bitrate spikes that will cause an effect the same as I just described...

sndtek  2003-01-20 02:58:56 ( ID:rajsqph3.yw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks. I did not know that DVD players were variable speed.

ASHY  2003-01-20 17:27:19 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you set the bitrate to low and depending on the quality setting then the bitrate chosen by the encoder may not be enough for the data contained in the image.
This will lead to a blocky image. Setting it to a minimum such as 1800kb/s ensures that the minimum bitrate always yields a block free picture when the image detail drops below a certain threshhold.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Why cant i convert my .avi to mpeg ffs !! No.33725
Cracker_Jack  2003-01-20 01:20:55 ( ID:nsaxjv/ogca )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 2 avi's which i wanna convert to mpeg so i can burn to vcd and when i try to select the file to convert to mpeg. It shows this message

File "C:Program Files...................... ???.avi" can not open , or unsupported

?? whats the go ??

Lensman  2003-01-20 01:38:48 ( ID:zncah4e9xyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is the same message I am getting trying to encode some MPEGS as well. I am able to do this on one of my two machines. The other works flawlessly.

Minion  2003-01-20 02:10:31 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

For AVI Files you should go to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

juggalofolife84  2003-01-20 20:45:50 ( ID:3uzr28l/b2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i can't change the direct show priority minion? what should i do?

juggalofolife84  2003-01-20 21:13:03 ( ID:3uzr28l/b2w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am tring to change an .avi file to an mpeg so i can burn it to a cd and watch it on a dvd player. tell me the best way to do this please.

Question - TE25 - No Sound No.33723
Tony  2003-01-20 00:10:49 ( ID:mqe/us6mgvg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey,
I'm trying to encode/cut avi/mpeg files.
I used tmpeg enc. for a long time, but since the last week I didn't get any sound/audio on the encoded/finished file.
Therefore I didn't had any problems. Can someone help me pls?

Minion  2003-01-20 00:29:13 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you explain your problem a Bit better??? Is ther No sound in the Cut AVI files or is it in the Cuz Mpeg files or is it in the Encoded Mpeg files???? and tell us what format your AVI"s audio is and what exact Proscess you are going through to and were the Problem pops up....

Question - TE25 - what's an easy way to batch encode several dozens of files? No.33716
morcos  2003-01-19 22:52:13 ( ID:9hf9ta5owzh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

what's an easy way to batch encode several dozens of files?
I want to use the batch mode but would rather not go through selecting each file one by one since I want to apply the same settings to all the files.
I can imagine that I can save a text .tbe file for one and duplicate it for all the rest of them using a text editor.
Is there a better way through TPMGenc? like selecting multiple files at one and converting all?

thanks.

Minion  2003-01-19 23:10:55 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well I guess you can make a Template with the settings that you will use for all the Files, then load in each file and load the template and save it..This way you won"t have to Do the settings Individually Cuz the settings will allready be done in the Template...There is a Little tool Called something like the "Tmpgenc Batch List Maker" you Might be able to get it here : http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_Batcher/TMPEG_List.asp/ ...

Reinhard  2003-01-19 23:44:46 ( ID:c9hdojk3n2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Morcos, the easiest way is using AVISynth. There are tons of informations in the Internet how to use and where to get. You only need a little command line, written in Notepad for example, and then you can link a dozen avi files and tmpgenc will encode it flawlessly. If you cannot find the package (freeware) let me know and I can send you the files by e-mail with some hints.
Reinhard

Minion  2003-01-20 00:19:07 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think AVISynth is what he is looking for, he Wants to Encode a Bunch of Seperate Files, there is allready a Feature in Tmpgenc that will Encode a Bunch of avi/Mpeg files into one file...

Avisynth  2003-01-20 13:52:15 ( ID:uvk5enwoijw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Avisynth (www.avisynth.org) is what I use to join multiple avi files together and encode with Tmpgenc plus. They work great together. It is not difficult to use.

ASHY  2003-01-20 17:31:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't think either of you guys are reading the posts correctly or listening to Minion.

It is quite obvious morcos requires to convert a bunch of files seperately not join them as one complete encoded stream.
AVIsynth is not the tool for this.

The tool that Minion has posted is, and will do exactly what morcos requires.

ASHY

morcos  2003-01-22 03:37:48 ( ID:9hf9ta5owzh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks all for the very useful information.
What minion suggested is what I'm looking for. I successfully downloaded the tool TmpegBatchList v3.0.exe which allowed me to create a Tmpgenc batch file for all the files that I wanted to convert from mov to mpg. It worked great.

I suppose tmpgenc can consider making it an option in the application itself for selecting multiple input files and converting all in one pass. But the tool above serves my need for now.

Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Overall Length of Final Video No.33713
Xtra Things  2003-01-19 21:33:25 ( ID:gurf/i6cuho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have noticed that when I switch my encode setting from CBR 2300 to CQ 75 that the end video ends up having a length of about twice the actual length of video within Windows Media Player. I was wondering if there is any way I could remedy this with my encode settings. Any help would be most appreciated.
Xtra Things

Minion  2003-01-19 22:53:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does Media Player Just say that it is Twice as Long But it actually doesn"t play twice as Long???? if this is the Problem then It doesn"t seem like a Big deal at all...But if the actuall length is twice as Long then what is in the Extra Video??? Maybe you can Just Cut the Extra Off with the Mpeg tools???

Xtra Things  2003-01-21 00:57:06 ( ID:gurf/i6cuho )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It just shows the extra time though it does not actually exist. I know it's not really a problem, it just kinda bugs me. Thanks for the help Minion.
Xtra Things

Free talk - TE25 - TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155 rejects AVI-Files No.33707
Reinhard  2003-01-19 20:19:14 ( ID:tq0ukb8.xgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had problems with my purchased copy of TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155. I could not change an AVI File into a mpg1 or mpg2 format. The source was coded with the codec which came with Fast AVMaster2000 board. I have to add, that TMPG runs on a WIN XP machine, while the AVMAster2000 runs on a WIN98 SE machine. As my XP machine is three times as fast as my old WIN98 computer I had in mind to use the faster one for encoding purposes, as I think everybody can understand.

But: The AVI file was rejected by TMPGEnc continuosly.
I tried two other mjpeg codecs of different well known companies - no way that I could TMPGEnc convince to accept the mjpg-video codec and start working and encoding my AVI file, which was produced on my WIN98-machine running the FAST program. Funny and mysterious was, that my old copy of beta 12 a TMPGEnc did the job of encoding flawlessly. Well, but I bought the latest version for better performance, so it was not a brilliant idea to run the old outdated version instead.

Please continue to read on my website http://www.rhpopp.de/tmpg.htm
You find there a very interesting view regarding my problems, which came
from the support line of ifekx.com, where I licensed my copy of TMPGEnc.
Reinhard

Oliver  2003-01-19 21:19:10 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A friend of mine has a Fast DV-Master and i'm not sure if this applies to the AVMaster, too.

With the DVMaster the Audio is encoded in a proprietary codec, while the video is standard (mini-)DV format (and the audio codec beeing not supported on newer Windows-versions for a hardware that old). But there is a tool included to save the Audio as a WAV-file.

Try to convert the audio to a separate wav-file and save the video without audio (using Virtual-Dub?) on the Win98-machine, then feed it separted to your TMPGEnc on WinXP.

Reinhard  2003-01-19 22:05:10 ( ID:tq0ukb8.xgj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Oliver. Did you read the whole story on my website? I managed to install the mjpeg video codec of FAST finally on my XP computer, by using the install routine for Windows NT. That's all on my website - please use the link. Reinhard

Minion  2003-01-19 22:50:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you Have the Correct Codecs installed on your Computer to Decode your File then The Problem is Most likely that you Need to raise the VFAPI Plugin that Coresponds to that Particular Format...Meaning if the Codec is a "Direct Show" Codec then you would have to raise the "Direct Show File Reader", and if the Codec is of an "Open DML" Codec then you would have to raise the "OpenDML File reader" ...and if it is a "Video For Windows" Codec then you would have to raise the "AVI VFW File Reader" ECT... These Plugins are in tmpgenc at "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Plugin that coresponds to your Particular Codec....

Reinhard  2003-01-19 23:41:28 ( ID:c9hdojk3n2. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion for your comment. Did you read on my website (see the link in my posting) how I managed to solve the problem and what the support said?
Reinhard

Minion  2003-01-20 00:21:25 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read it And don"t think Support really knows what they are talking about when it comes to Tmpgenc But if you solution worked then that is Great...cheers

Question - TE25 - Miscalculates File Size No.33703
0oVWOo0  2003-01-19 19:07:47 ( ID:mnynxcojmyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I try to encode some movies, like Harry Potter 2, or Fast and The furious, very nice quality, I put it in tmpgenc and when i select the vcd or svcd original templates that came with tmpgenc. When I click next all is good but when I get to the file output size it says its 2 gigs. The .avi file I downloaded was only 670 mb. Any help would be nice. Thx.

Minion  2003-01-19 22:43:09 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t understand what the Problem is...The Size of the Source File has NOTHING to Do with the Size of the resulting Mpeg file, so it doesn"t matter that your Movie is only 670mb what Matters is How long the AVI movie is..I did a DVD Rip of Harry Potter a While Back and encoded it to SVCD and I had to put it on 3 CD-R"s..SVCD takes about 20mb per minute of AVI file so if you have an AVI file that is 2 hours long and you encoded it to a Standard SVCD the Size of the SVCD will Be 2.4GB, which you would Have to Cut into 3 pieces and Put on to 3 CD-R"s at 800MB per Part.(you can get 800mb on a 700mb CD-R in SVCD/VCD format)..Tou Can Cut the SVCD into Parts by going to "File" to "Mpeg Tools" to "Merge & Cut"...

stantheman750  2003-02-04 01:25:16 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had this same problem before and I'm having it again. I'm trying to enode LOTR and others and they're coming out to 2 gigs plus for just half of the movie. I recently had to reinstall WIN XP pro and that's when this problem started.

stantheman750  2003-02-04 03:05:04 ( ID:2fspdeukkjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I went back and checked another avi that i've previously encoded and something is definitely messed up. I've tried several different versions and I'm getting the same problem. A 50 min avi should not be 2 gb. I think it's something in my OS but have no idea where to even start looking.
Stan

Question - TE25 - No Audio No.33702
gritta  Home )  2003-01-19 17:41:54 ( ID:jtp/hhudocc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can never get any audio when making anything. I do not even see a green line! Is there any way to be able to make MPEGs with audio? I have found that if I increase the priority of "Direct Show" i can get a green line, but still no sound. Can someone please help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Question - TE25 - No Audio No.33699
gritta  Home )  2003-01-19 17:27:34 ( ID:jtp/hhudocc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can never get any audio when making anything. I do not even see a green line! Is there any way to be able to make MPEGs with audio? I have found that if I increase the priority of "Direct Show" i can get a green line, but still no sound. Can someone please help me solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Minion  2003-01-19 22:35:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In a Lot of cases you Have to Extract the audio from the Source file to a WAV audio file with something like "Virtual Dub" then use the WAV file as the audio source ...You either Din"t have the correct codecs or filters to decode the audio or the audio in the file is of a Format that is not supported By Tmpgenc....

Avisynth  2003-01-20 14:00:30 ( ID:uvk5enwoijw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a file which had no sound when input in Tmpgenc. I solved it by increasing
the priority of directshow (to 3) and the rest were set to 2 or less.

Question - TE25 - Splitting Mpeg files No.33698
Stephen_g25  2003-01-19 16:37:59 ( ID:vzh5giebfhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After splitting a recently coneverted Mpeg, I can play the first half of the vcd, but the when I attempt to play the second half, it appears that it is in fast worward, both audio and video. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong with the file...In dont think it is anything Iam doing wrong cause the first part plays fine.

Thanx.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.