Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 567 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Can Two Copies of TMPGE Run on Same Computer? Rhombic 1 2003-01-17 22:52:00
Question TE25 audiop and video out of sync jennimata 1 2003-01-19 01:03:30
Bug report TE25 Sound hangs if source file is DivX - VBR encoded Helmut 1 2003-01-17 23:44:30
Question TE25 RealMedia file reader Darryl 2 2003-01-18 14:14:12
Question TE25 Problems w/ Mpeg-2 compatability Greg 3 2003-01-18 00:59:35
Question TE25 Video Freeze Waltsdog 3 2003-01-18 10:53:50
Question TE25 Convert WS Divx to WS VCD for WS TV? cid 4 2003-01-23 13:51:27
Question TE25 Buffer Underflow when multiplexing J.U. 1 2003-01-17 23:24:48
Question TE25 Problems with TMPGEnc and .divx files Dr. Jeckyll 3 2003-01-20 15:28:46
Question TE25 Screech in the VCD audio Sailingnumerobis 1 2003-01-17 22:00:06
Question TE25 PAL to NTSC Conversion Erich 3 2003-01-18 17:09:48
Bug report TE25 Slow Encoding and incorrect status reporting poohmanchu 0 2003-01-17 11:59:08

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 567 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Can Two Copies of TMPGE Run on Same Computer? No.33606
Rhombic  2003-01-17 22:22:14 ( ID:4/6vonm6cyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know if two copies (different versions) can run on a single computer?

ASHY  2003-01-17 22:52:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes of course, but why didn't you just try it first for yourself. You would have found it out for yourself.

Question - TE25 - audiop and video out of sync No.33604
jennimata  2003-01-17 21:22:25 ( ID:0uyhrwdsurr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i have a downloaded avi file that i converted to mpeg using virtualdub to exctract the audio. agter the conversion is done the audio is way out of sync with the video. how do i fix this?

exolstice  2003-01-19 01:03:30 ( ID:pgbad3d/awk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have the same problem! Please help?

Bug report - TE25 - Sound hangs if source file is DivX - VBR encoded No.33602
Helmut  Home )  2003-01-17 20:58:41 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc 2.58.44.152, Source file encoded in VirtualDub 1.4.8. with DivX 5.02, Options: 2-pass (variable bitrate), slow performance

The first problem occures when I load DivX files with the variable bitrate (Audio uncompressed) using the project wizard. TMPGEnc hangs with 'Judging field order' at 8% if the file is about 3 GByte. With a smaller file (50 Mbyte) 'Judging field order' stops just for a while and goes on with the next 10% and so on. As a result the source file is identified as 'Interlaced, Bottom Field First'. But that's wrong because the source file was already deinterlaced in VirtualDub. If the DivX source file is encoded as '1-pass' everything in TMPGEnc works fine.

Second problem:
After I tried it with the DVD (PAL) template instead of the wizard the sound stopped for a while and came back. But audio and video were playing 5 Minutes off. In this case I have tested the following custom settings: 352x576, 2-pass VBR and 1-pass CBR, Audio 192 kbps. If the DivX source file was encoded as '1-pass' everything in TMPGEnc worked fine.

Minion  2003-01-17 23:44:30 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPgenc Will not accept VBR audio....And useing the "De-Interlace" filter in Virtual Dub or anyware Does NOT Make a File NON-Interlaced..You can"t use a De-Interlace Filter to Make a File Non-Interlace/Progressive, all the De-Interlace filter does is Blend the Fields together so you Don"t notice any Interlace artifacts But does not Make it Non-Interlace/Progressive....

Question - TE25 - RealMedia file reader No.33599
Darryl  2003-01-17 18:21:12 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is there anybody out there who's either got or has made a plugin that can read RealMedia (.ram, .rm etc) files.

I have been very impressed with the Quicktime (.mov) file reader plugin. It works really well.

Thanks

Minion  2003-01-17 23:39:45 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is No Plugin so you can encode RM Files with Tmpgenc..You would have to convert the RM Files to AVI with something like "Tinra" or "EO-Video" then encode the AVI file to mpeg..

Darryl  2003-01-18 14:14:12 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much! It is a shame nobody has created a RealMedia plugin for TMPGEnc. It must be possible, after all it's been done for the two bits of software you mentioned.
Thanks, Darryl

Question - TE25 - Problems w/ Mpeg-2 compatability No.33595
Greg  2003-01-17 18:19:10 ( ID:5vci0ij4ha6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having some odd things happen with MPEG-2 files in 2.59. I will upgrade this weekend to see if the problem has been fixed.

I can no longer get MPEG-2 files that were created with earlier versions of TMPG to be recognized by 2.59. I have tried changing direct show priorities and turning off and on various sets of plug-ins to no avail. I cannot get 2.59 to recognize any mpeg-2 files.(program crashes after a number of of "not found .dll file" messages) In this case I would like to re-encode a file to a smaller size. Avi recognition works fine.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Minion  2003-01-17 23:37:50 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Forger Loading Mpeg2 files directly into Tmpgenc to encode, The best and Fastest way Is to Use DVD2AVI to de-mux the audio and frameserve the Video to TMPgenc..DVD2AVI is a Much faster decoder of Mpeg2 files than Tmpgenc...But to get Mpeg2 files loaded into tmpgenc you have to have certain Mpeg2 decoders installed on your Computer like the "Cyberlink Mpeg2 decodecs" and the "Ligos mpeg2 decoders"...

Greg  2003-01-17 23:56:37 ( ID:cjinyzoyfqf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I do have those encoders installed. I just upgraded to 5.10. I have also just gone from 98 SE to XP to get around the 4gb barrier. (Fat 32 to NTFS) The problem seems to be missing .dll's. The files are cpuinf.dll,mplvpx.dll,cpuinf.32.dll,and mplapx.dll.

After doing searches most of the info I find is in German. I don't speak German. I will next search Nimo and other codec sites.

Minion  2003-01-18 00:59:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I left a Link to were you Can find most if not All of those DLL files, they are supposed to be with your opperateing system...http://www.dll-files.com/index.shtml .....

Question - TE25 - Video Freeze No.33591
Waltsdog  2003-01-17 17:11:02 ( ID:anoz9rmzeel )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have an avi that I'm trying to convert. After Tmpgenc (plus 2.5) succesfully creates about 90% of the mpg, the video suddenly freezes, but the sound continues. Also, I don't receive any error messages, the program just continues to finish the conversion, but with the frozen video. I've tried it several times, but it always freezes at the same position. Why is this happening? Is there any way I can fix it?

Thanks,
Waltsdog

Minion  2003-01-17 23:33:33 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that your AVI file is Corrupted at that piont of the Movie, there are Probably a few Bad Frames that Tmpgenc is getting stuck on..you can try encodeing up to were the Glitch happens then use the Source Range to start encodeing a New file just after were the Glitch happens then Join the 2 files together with the "Merge & Cut"...You can also try Frame serveing the File to Tmpgenc with Virtual Dub or AVISynth, this sometimes helps...

ASHY  2003-01-18 10:51:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You should be able to fix this with Virtualdub or DiVx fix.
Here is a cut and paste fron VCDhelp.com

If you have DivX that won't play in Media Player try to use DivXFix . Run the divfix.exe in the win32 folder and just open the broken DivX and hit Rebuild Index and after the process it should work perfect.
Or try to use Virtualdub and when open you select File->Open and check Popup extended open options and open the broken DivX . A window appear check Rederive keyframe flags and hit OK.It will take some minutes. Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.
Or try to use Virtualdub 1.4.9 or later and open the broken DivX. Select File->Scan Video stream for errors.Select Video->DirectStreamCopy and Audio->DirectStreamCopy and last save the new DivX, File->Save as avi.

ASHY

ASHY  2003-01-18 10:53:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divfix.html

Question - TE25 - Convert WS Divx to WS VCD for WS TV? No.33586
cid  2003-01-17 17:04:29 ( ID:e44xl2smo8m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

I've been monitoring the board and have gotten tons of info and helpfull tips
from ASHY and minon (and others too). But now I have questions which I
could not find an answer.

I have a widescreen DIVX I wish to convert to a WS MPEG-1 to be burnt
on a VCD to be viewed on a WS TV.

By playing with the various input/output settings, I am able to produce

(1). 4x3 letterbox MPEG-1
(2). WS MPEG-1 with WS movie.

If I burn these onto a VCD, will either of them show up on my WS TV as WS VCD?
I suspect (2) will and (1) won't. (But I've read that they get re-formatted...true/false).

Also, I unlocked (under Video) the size and aspect ratio and changed them.
Yes, I actually changed the size settings to obtain a WS output.
Does this have any side effects? (i.e if the size is not 352X240, will
my dvd player recognize my disk as a VCD).

And lasty, if I have various movies in various WS aspect ratios
(1.85:1, 2.35:1, etc.) will they all show up on my WS TV with the
same aspect ratio as the original movie?

Thanks a bunch

Minion  2003-01-17 23:29:42 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to keep the exact aspect ratio of the source file then try setting the output aspect ratio to 1:1 then the Output will be the same as the Source..You can use Pretty Much any aspect ratio and your Player will probably play it But you generally have to keep the Output resolution as VCD compliant (352+240)..For widescreen Movies the Output resolution is usually 16:9....

cid  2003-01-22 16:13:44 ( ID:e44xl2smo8m )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

Thanks minion for the reply. But I'm still having trouble.
I'm new at this so please be patient. (I've read many guide but still have trouble...)

Let me try to explain my problem.

What I want:
------------
I have a 2.35:1 Divx
|___________________|

I want to have a VCD with 2:35 I can watch on my 16:9 TV in 2.35:1 (taking up as much of the creen as possible).

What I did so far:
------------------
I can play with the settings to encode the Divx to a 4:3 MPEG-1 with letterboxed picture. Something like this:

| |
| |
|___________________|
| |
|___________________|

(From what I understand, VCD *MUST* be 4:3, 352x240).

What I don't know:
------------------
Loading it into Windows Media Player, I see a 4:3 format screen with 2.35:1 picture (just like the drawing above). But how will this look on my 16:9 TV?

If I burn this onto a VCD, will it show up as 2.35:1 on my 16:9 or some weird format (such as chopping my 16:9 into a 4:3 with black bars on the left and right side. And then play a letterbox format within this 4:3)?

| | | |
| | | |
| |_________________| |
| | | |
| | | |
|_____|_________________|____ |

Or should I try to stretch everything vertically in a full screen 4:3 and have my DVD player stretch it out horizontally into a 16:9. (I doubt this is the best solution).

I might be totally off track. If so, please give me a step by step on how to obtain a 16:9 VCD from a 16:9 Divx. Don't hesitate to be explicit.

Thanks.

sndtek  2003-01-23 05:21:42 ( ID:rajsqph3.yw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's the rub with regards to a 16:9 TV display and MPEG creation.

First, a compliant VCD (NTSC) has a resolution of 352 x 240 as you stated. You can create a non-compliant size but there is no garrantee that any particular DVD player will correctly play it (either test it or refer to vcdhelp.com).

Next, since you have a 16:9 TV the DVD player must be told that.

Now, assuming the above (352x240; player set for 16:9) here are your encoding choices and there effects...

1) Set Video Output Aspect Ratio to 4:3; place the source video onto the output frame and adjust the video size (not the frame size) to yield the correct letter box aspect ratio. (I usually do this manually by calculation with CLIP FRAME/ARRANGE but others let TMPG do it via VIDEO ARRANGE METHOD). The resulting MPEG will play on your 16:9 TV as a 4:3 box surrounded on all sides by nothing (ie black); or,

2) Set Video Output Aspect Ratio to 16:9; place the source video onto the output frame and adjust the video size (not the frame size) to yield the correct, vertically stretched, letter box aspect ratio. (again, I usually do this manually by calculation with CLIP FRAME/ARRANGE but others let TMPG do it via VIDEO ARRANGE METHOD). The resulting MPEG will play on your 16:9 TV as a 16:9 movie. The one thing you should be aware of is that if the source video is 2.35:1 then you will still have some nothing (ie black) above and below the video.

sndtek  2003-01-23 13:51:27 ( ID:rajsqph3.yw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Possible correction to previous post...

I Haven't done VCD for a while so in re-reading my post I don't remember if TMPG will let you set 16:9 for a VCD. I am encoding right now so I can't check it myself. If it does then good. Otherwise you may want to try MPEG-2 encoding which will act as I originally posted.

Question - TE25 - Buffer Underflow when multiplexing No.33584
J.U.  2003-01-17 16:47:57 ( ID:1pgbvelk.hm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After multiplexing, I get an error saying "71042 s packets cause buffer underflow. The MPEG file might cause error when it played.". My created MPEG file cannot be played. How can I solve this problem?

Minion  2003-01-17 23:24:48 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This Sometimes happens when Trying to Multiplex a plain Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 file as a VCD or SVCD file or Visa Versa..If you are trying to Mux it as a VCD or SVCD then try Muxing it as a Plain Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 file, then to Put the Proper Header on the File to make it VCD or SVCD Compliant Use the "Merge & Cut" with the VCD or SVCD setting and Just run the File through it...This is a Long way to Mux but it stops the error from Popping up....

Question - TE25 - Problems with TMPGEnc and .divx files No.33580
Dr. Jeckyll  2003-01-17 16:47:41 ( ID:efjyglrlju6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello. I'm Spanish, so excuse me if my English is not very good, I'm sorry.
I wanna make a question. TMPGEnc is causing me a lot of problems with .divx files, and I don't know why. Can you help me? Thank you very much to all.

Minion  2003-01-17 23:20:04 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

We Do Not Read Minds.....What is the Problem????

Dr. Jeckyll  2003-01-18 19:00:18 ( ID:efjyglrlju6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

TMPGEnc don't recognise the video image. It recognise the sound, but not the video, I don't know if I've explained it very well, I'm sorry.
Thanks to all.

Dr. Jeckyll  2003-01-20 15:28:46 ( ID:efjyglrlju6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My problem is only with .divx files, not with .avi files. Thanks again for your attention.

Question - TE25 - Screech in the VCD audio No.33578
Sailingnumerobis  2003-01-17 16:21:20 ( ID:yiygtmzzs.j )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dear All,

TMPGEnc is a great product!

The audio of VCDs is very good but sometimes a loud screech or beep ruins the atmosphere of the movie...

Any suggestion about how to get rid of these audio compression glitches?

Greetings to All.

ASHY  2003-01-17 22:00:06 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem is your disks or your burn speed.

Cheap disks cause read errors which will manifest as blocks or squeals when the disk is played.

Also burning at too high speed will also have the same effect.

Lower you speed. If you can 4x is best if not the lowest your burner will allow above 4x.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - PAL to NTSC Conversion No.33574
Erich  2003-01-17 13:25:28 ( ID:zik6fgfpebr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help!

I have edited a programm in premiere 6.0 in PAL 16:9 widescreen. I want to make a VCD in NTSC widescreen and burn it with Nero. What are the settings in TMPGEnc? And do I have to activate US TV in Nero burning software?

Thanks a lot!
Eric

Minion  2003-01-17 23:18:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can"t...Tmpgenc Does Not Do Proper Pal to NTSC conversions, you have to either use another piece of software to do the "Pal to NTSC" conversion like "Advanced NTSC/Pal Converter" or "ProCoder" or you can use AVISynth to Do the Conversion, ...

Uris  2003-01-18 15:13:23 ( ID:gnafo7mrrkn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1.You need ajust standard 25fps(PAL) to 23.97(NTSCfilm) with VirtualDub(MPEG2) (for example) and saved direct video stream. No any conversion !!! Than you need convert you audio stream to another length with audio editor (timepitch in CoolEditor).
2.Open videostream with 23.97fps as NTSCfilm and open your new audiostream.
3.Clich checkbox in TMPGEnc as 3:2 pulldown.
4.Convert this project as you wants with other parameters.

And member, it was right only for progressive sources and not for interlaced!

ASHY  2003-01-18 17:09:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>2.Open videostream with 23.97fps as NTSCfilm and open your new audiostream.
>3.Click checkbox in TMPGEnc as 3:2 pulldown.

No, this is no good. There will be awful interlacing artifacts.

AVisynth is the best solution and gives very good results and is free.

ASHY

Bug report - TE25 - Slow Encoding and incorrect status reporting No.33573
poohmanchu  2003-01-17 11:59:08 ( ID:tpgvmuehfh6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well first of all, I've noticed that encoding has become really slow now that I've installed XP on our system, but anyways, my concern is that while encoding, the source postition indicator and file size seem to be in sync with the preview picture shown, but the percent done and reported frame don't seem to be in sync. Anyone else come across that problem?

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.