Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 583 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Problems with subtitles... SirCanealot 1 2003-01-07 03:21:35
Question TE25 xvid conflicts rickki804 1 2003-01-08 19:22:27
Question TE25 Basic Questions on Video Capture programs EveOnSea 3 2003-01-07 22:10:41
Question TE25 Audio did not work UKnowHowI 10 2003-01-07 01:19:36
Question TE25 Misses End of Large 5Gb+ AVI Files to MPeg 2 Michael Presneill 3 2003-01-09 21:31:07
Question TE25 Avi to mpeg1 Billye72 2 2003-01-19 10:25:49
Request TE25 Converting OpenDML AVI file TBentzen 4 2003-01-10 11:25:28
Question TE25 CQ and CQ_VBR settings SS 0 2003-01-06 20:42:23
Question TE25 How Can I convert .mov --> *.mpg Michael 1 2003-01-06 22:52:23
Question TE25 ERROR index of scan line is out of range(240) Joel_H 1 2003-01-06 22:51:41
Request TE25 HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? USER 1 2003-01-06 22:55:49
Request TE25 HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? USER 0 2003-01-06 20:13:20

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 583 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Problems with subtitles... No.33001
SirCanealot  2003-01-07 03:06:06 ( ID:momqdzyeghf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay heres my problem. Since I got a l33t new DVD player a while ago I thought I'd once again step into the realm of SVCD's and see how they play when encoded useing TMPGEnc. I was very happy with this at first, as I encoded some of my anime into SVCD fine. As I moved onto a series I loved to dump onto SVCD and started mucking around with it I noticed one little kink. The subtitles play half way off the screen... I had noticed this earlyer, but it wassent as the serve on the anime I was watching at the time (as the subtitles were set a little higher) but I cant really ignore it if half the sub is off the screen :/
I'm assumeing the video is playing useing the full length of the screen (includeing the inch or so which is under the plasic round the edge of the screen) so this is why subs are playing off screen. I've tried encodeing at all sort of resulutions... 16:9 Pal/Ntsc, 1:1 VGA ect ect (I'm useing a anime set in 16:9 already so thats the reason for the 16:9 stuff heh) but still this problem remains. The only way I can get it in the correct aspect ratio with the subs fully showing is to gointo other options, advanced and set Video Arange Methord to Center: Keep aspect ration. This of corse means that theres mass blackboarders round the image. I can zoom these out with my widescreen TV, but then the movie looks terrible...

What i'm looking for very basically: A way to get anime full screen on my TV, with no streching with the damn subs showing :)

Thanks for your advice all.

Minion  2003-01-07 03:21:35 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try experimenting with the "Clip Frame" settings and the Video arange method...

Question - TE25 - xvid conflicts No.32999
rickki804  2003-01-07 02:52:57 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First...Thanks to Rick for the heads up about Tsunami Filter. Encoded xvid film w/o it and go junk. Couldn't watch in MP at all. Downloaded Filter Pack and can watch before encoding.

I have Nimo Pack on my computer and want to also download ffcshow. Will I have any conflicts?. It it my understanding that it's hard to unistall Nimo.

Thanks

Rick  2003-01-08 19:22:27 ( ID:mgmbkusapw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I actually have both on my system. I didn't discover the difference until after I had Nimo installed.I'd leave it there and go ahead an install the Xvid stuff, you should be fine.

Rick

Question - TE25 - Basic Questions on Video Capture programs No.32995
EveOnSea  2003-01-07 02:41:34 ( ID:z484/74wjlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK..I have purchased TMPGEnc Plus!
Just one more question, though.
I take Video with my Canon GL1 as I said before.
Onto DV tape.

I have the Pyro firewire Kit, which came bundled with ULead Video

Studio and ULead Media Studio capture and editing software!

I take it, from what I read and my own working experience, that these

software programs are not the state of the art..and sometimes smaller

programs like TmpgEnc, DVD2AVI, Virtual Dub, various file splitters

and joiners are better tools.
Is this true in your own experience?

[So the question I have..Oh by the way, as to the 2 GB file restriction I

am running into..I use JAS file splitter and joiner (free) but it kicks out

if I ask it to make a file larger than 2 GB!
So I downloaded EZsplitter and EZjoiner which are a trial versions..and

the same thing happened..could not handle these large files!
I run Win 2000 Professional OS on the NTFS file system so I really did

not expect this restriction!
Any thoughts?]

But to get back to the main point above!
Since I take good Video, I would like to put (capture) the best digital file
onto my hard drive!
I use Video Studio for this!
Is there a better method or is this irrelevant at this basic stage of

capturing my DV digital video onto my hard drive via FireWire!
Of course I capture usually as an AVI file with DV Encoder-type 1.
USing ULead Direct Show Capture Plug-In!

I am mostly a learn as you go person in all this! The manuals go only so far, and do not answer by deeper questions!
So I do not know the whole landscape, the options, the methods, and

of course I would like to get the best results..without uneccessarily

simply buying the biggest and best without knowing what they really

are.

So, my question is, can I still proceed along a highly artisitc level of

video capture and editing using these various programs such as

TMPGENC, Virtual Dub (which I have not actually used yet..I am still

using Video Studio).

Since most of you on these boards have quite some experience, I was

wondering what some of you might suggest.
I have heard of Pinnacle long ago, and now I hear it 'sucks' so I am very

glad I did not get on board with that, but instead went more slowly, trial

and error.

But now I feel some of you may have the goods and the experience as

to the best route to go to MAKE THE MOST of my Canon GL1.

Am I off here or on track?
Is there a Palette of tools I can use that will give me superior Capture,

encoding and editing..far better than I am getting thru the bundled

ULead software?
Tools I can download, and even purchase?

I also capture off Satellite using my ATI Multimedia file capture programs!
I understand this conflicts with Huffyuv!
So this is something I have to work out for myself!

Any clues and guides to get to where I want to go?

I would like to make high quality MPEG-2 files out of my Camcorder DV

video.(Oh, and capture a pure digital image from camcorder to hard drive --edit-and back to camera..and I assume I am OK with Video Studio, right?)

So TMPGENC comes in handy.
Do you see a better capture method for these DV tapes?
Or does it matter?
Are they all the same?
Is ULead Video Studio as good as any?
Do I even have a choice, given my FireWire card?

I appreciate your reading all this!

I am not asking for you to do all my homework.
Just some helpful tips and hints and the WAY to go..to spare myself

grief and to get on the road to Excellent/ GOOD video rendering,

editing, encoding, etc!!

Thanks!

Minion  2003-01-07 03:19:17 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When Dealing with Digital Video from your DV Cam the Quality of the Captures will be basicly the same no matter what program you use to capture with Cuz the Transfer is (Or should be) an exact Copy of what is on your DV Camera, and Video studio 6 is as Good as any for this, But the Mpeg features of Video studio 6 aren"t nearly as good as Tmpgenc..There is a Video Studio 6 update on the Ulead Web site that Greatly Improves the the Mpeg Quality and makes the Program use Much less CPU to Do it"s job.So if you haven"t allready Downloaded this Update then you should cuz it will Improove the Mpeg Capture and encodeing Quality, But still not as Good as Tmpgenc..And In a lot of Cases a Few Freeware Programs like DVD2AVI and Virtual dub are Better than the All in One software Programs Like Ulead and Pinnacle..But Useing Video studio for DV Capture is good Cuz Virtual Dub doesn"t Capture DV...If you are Captureing Analog Video and Can"t use HuffyUV the Next Best Codec Is probably "PicVideo Mjpeg" Codec ...if you have any specific Questions that don"t relate to Tmpgenc then you Can e-mail me directly if you want....Good Luck...

EveOnSea  2003-01-07 18:39:07 ( ID:z484/74wjlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion!
Very much!

EveOnSea  2003-01-07 22:10:41 ( ID:z484/74wjlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion!
Very much!

Question - TE25 - Audio did not work No.32984
UKnowHowI  2003-01-06 23:30:50 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded a .avi and the picture came out fine, but there is no audio. I checked off 'System (Audio + Video)', but there is no audio. Also, it added like 2 extra hours of complete darkness at the end of the movie. Someone please help.

Minion  2003-01-07 02:28:57 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Problem is that the audio format in the AVI file is Not being decoded By Tmpgenc,you should extract the audio to wav with Something Like "Virtual Dub" and use the WAV file as the audio source...You can use the Merge & Cut feature to edit off the Black part ....

UKnowHowI  2003-01-07 03:09:58 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

where can i download virtual dub? then also, how would i combine it with the mpeg?

Minion  2003-01-07 03:28:22 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

www.virtualdub.org ...after you have extracted the audio to Wav you load the WAV file in were the audio goes in and load the AVI file in were the Video goes and encode it like Normal...when you encode it this time Use the "Source Range" to set the Beginning and End points of the File so you will not get the extra 2 hours of Black Video....OR since you have allready encoded the Movie First Cut off the Extra at the end of the Movie the Load the WAV file you extracted with Virtual Dub in the Audio spot and set the stream type to "Audio Only" and encode it to Mpeg audio then go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "Multiplex" and Load the Mpeg file in for the Video and Load the mpeg audio file in for Audio then choose the Output Directory and click "RUN" and It will Mux the audio and Video together....

UKnowHowI  2003-01-07 04:05:31 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok, i extracted the wav audio.

where's the source range option? would that be faster than encoding it all again?
is option #2 (OR since you have allready encoded the Movie First Cut off the Extra at the end of the Movie the Load the WAV file you extracted with Virtual Dub in the Audio spot and set the stream type to "Audio Only" and encode it to Mpeg audio then go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "Multiplex" and Load the Mpeg file in for the Video and Load the mpeg audio file in for Audio then choose the Output Directory and click "RUN" and It will Mux the audio and Video together....) faster?

UKnowHowI  2003-01-07 04:18:03 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also, the wav audio from virtualdub is 92:05 minutes long and the mpeg movie is 1 (hour):08 minutes long. what's up with that?

Minion  2003-01-07 04:51:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that you have a BAD AVI file...The header in the File seems Extremely corrupted and is sending all the wrong information to the Software(V-Dub & Tmpgenc)...I have experienced this Before with Files that were Downloaded off the Net(The worst way to get files) and I usually would Just delete the File and Try something else..If the Video and the Audio are different lengths then the audio will be totally out of Sync with the Video...Sory I can"t help you with this one, You should get a DVD-Rom and Ripp DVD"s instead of Downloading Movies cuz they have a Bad habbit of being corrupted and Ripping DVD"s produces the Best Quality and are generally trouble free..Sory there isn"t much I can help you with here.....

UKnowHowI  2003-01-07 05:19:06 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

also, the wav audio from virtualdub is 92:05 minutes long and the mpeg movie is 1 (hour):08 minutes long. what's up with that?

UKnowHowI  2003-01-07 05:20:23 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hmm alright. well thanks for your help anyways.

UKnowHowI  2003-01-08 02:53:31 ( ID:o9ozablkq1f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well i encoded the audio and video together and it worked. only problem now is the mpeg is 896 MB and won't fit on my 700 MB cd-r's. is there a way i can compress the file size? or do i have to cut it in half? what's a good program to do it?

Christina  2003-01-07 01:19:36 ( ID:2cwiy4k1k.k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read another note and found that it's to "right click". It's working fine now. Thanks.

Christina.

Question - TE25 - Misses End of Large 5Gb+ AVI Files to MPeg 2 No.32980
Michael Presneill  2003-01-06 22:47:33 ( ID:xyu/largcr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using TMPGEnc Plus (latest version) to convert very large standard 5.5Gb AVI to an MPeg-2 format DVD PAL 720 x 576 25fps.

Everything goes well apart from TMPGEnc Plus will only convert the first 7407 frames of the AVI Movie!!! I have tried several other LARGE AVI files 8Gb, 13Gb in size but TMPGEnc Plus will only do the first 7407 frames.

I tried reseting things using Advanced Source Range but with no affect.

Please can someone give me some ideas on what I can do to make TMPGEnd Plus convert ALL of the frames within my LARGE AVI camcorder movies.

Many thanks

Mike P

ASHY  2003-01-06 23:19:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the output filesize stopping at 4gb?

ASHY

Mike Presneill  2003-01-08 09:00:49 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The Mpeg 2 output file is very small only 150Mb. However, it could be possibly that TMPGEnc Plus is only grabbing and converting the first 4Gb of the AVI file and leaving the remaining part of the movie to convert!

Is it the 4Gb limit the problem, can I convert my large 5Gb + AVI files to another format which TMPGEnc will like!

Thanks

ASHY  2003-01-09 21:31:07 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is a possibilty because it has happened before and I can't give you a reason, but maybe a solution. You can frame serve the files from Virtualdub or AVIsynth to TMPG.

AVIsynth is preferable as it is faster and usually gives least problems, but is a bit harder to use than Virtualdub.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Avi to mpeg1 No.32977
Billye72  2003-01-06 22:34:44 ( ID:j9jttqhuydr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!
I'm completely ignorant on compression and I have a great problem; I created project under after effects and obtain an avi file with the following format : 440*280.
Now I would like to convert this avi into a mpeg1 file but a little bit larger; Do I have to respect a special ratio?
Isn't it possible to have a compressed file larger than the original one?
Are there some fixed sizes that we have to respect to create MPEG1???
Please hellllppp... I'm really stuck with this problem... and TMPGenc is still a great "unknown" for me... ;-)
Many thanks in advance
Cheers
Billye

Minion  2003-01-06 22:57:19 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Resolution of Mpeg files have to be divisible by 16, but if you are trying to make a Mpeg1/VCD file then you have to use the VCD Standard resolution, and Yes you Up-size the Resolution But you will loose a Bit of Quality depending on How much you up-size it..To keep the original aspect ratio set the "Video Arange Method" to "Fullscreen Keep aspect ratio"...

julie  2003-01-19 10:25:49 ( ID:h3m1d0h84v2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there all i`m tryin to convert avi to mpeg but its not letting me do i need any another progs to use ..i can watch the movie on window media but cant see it in tmpge so can anyone help me plz
thanks from julie all just email me on partyanimal_au@yahoo.com

Request - TE25 - Converting OpenDML AVI file No.32972
TBentzen  2003-01-06 22:04:06 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to open a .avi file but have been unable to at this point.
I am able to play the file in Real player or Windows Media Player.
I am able to open other .avi files and convert them without issue with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 version 2.59.47.155. The machineI am using is a Win XP pro machine with 40gb of harddrive space and 256 mb of Ram.
How can i get TMPGEnc to open this file listed below for conversion

I used G-spot program to take a look at the file structure is as follows;
size =696 MB
Stream type = OpenDML AVI
I/L = 1 frame (40 ms), p=496
IMRR = 1.00
Video Format
codec
4cc = div3
name = DivX 3 Low-Motion
apsect = 576 x 336 (1.714 : 1)
bitrate = 934 kb/s
frame rate = 25.000 FPS
Duration = 01h 31m 02s

Audio Format
Codec
Name = 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
bitrate = 128 kb/s (64/ch x 2 ch) CBR
Fs = 44100 Hz
All proper codecs are confirmed installed by G-Spot

Help please...Tom

TBentzen  2003-01-06 22:09:16 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have tried the solution of going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" raise "Direct show" to "2"... This did not work and i have searched for other help without luck..
Thx....
Tom

Minion  2003-01-06 22:54:08 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried to Raise the Priority of the "OpenDML File reader" in the Vfapi Plugins...???

TBentzen  2003-01-07 12:57:19 ( ID:wtq5mz4prrw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes I did try that, but to no avail. get the same error message about not being able to open it or unsupported. I have also tried adjusting the other settings varing who has top priority, with no success. Any other ideas i have gotten many other AVI files to open and convert without issue this seems to be the only one. The file was probably made in Japan as it is a print(Off Divx i think) of the Japanese version of the Ring, could it have anything to do with regions or how it was created. Is their any other details I can shed lightupon that might help?
Hopefully you have something else in mind would love to get this converted.
Tom

TBentzen  2003-01-10 11:25:28 ( ID:i0xom9h11y2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx for trying to help minion. I think the file was a corrupt or something. I used VirtualDub to resave the avi file, and found that it had issues with the audio track which it seemed to fix afterwards. Iwas then able to use tmpg to convert to mpeg..now i have a new problem with file size, but I will post that as a new problem thx again.
Tom

Question - TE25 - CQ and CQ_VBR settings No.32971
SS  2003-01-06 20:42:23 ( ID:qretswk.fwj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could somebody explain CQ and CQ_VBR settings in detail. Is there any article which discusses these two settings.

In CQ I want to know the relationsip between CQ and bit rate setting. Is there any calculator which can calculate depending on the movie length and minimum and maximum bit rates what should I use for CQ setting.
For CQ_VBR I want to know how is it different than CQ.

Question - TE25 - How Can I convert .mov --> *.mpg No.32969
Michael  2003-01-06 20:40:25 ( ID:7a892ymlnjn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, please help me I need convert a movie .mov to .mpg, how Can I do it qith TMPG Enc
Thanks

Minion  2003-01-06 22:52:23 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the Quicktime MOV Plugin...Look for it on Google...

Question - TE25 - ERROR index of scan line is out of range(240) No.32967
Joel_H  2003-01-06 20:29:33 ( ID:8wboed5ypwh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I get an error while trying to convert an .avi file to .mpg as pal. After 41%, an error prompt comes up saying ERROR: index of scan line is out of range(240). I've done it three times ending up with the error message exactly at the same time. How do I solve this?

Minion  2003-01-06 22:51:41 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe This is an error in the File you are encodeing, this error often Pops up with Files that are downloed off the Net...

Request - TE25 - HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? No.32965
USER  2003-01-06 20:15:39 ( ID:3eyiejy9fwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD?

the mux rate that your encoder uses is not standard, so, mpeg2/DVD files it makes cannot be used to burn to .VOB/DVD. All these files have to then unecesarally be re-made with another encoder to make it standard!

thankyou

ASHY  2003-01-06 22:55:49 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Surely you are aware that you shouldn't be using TMPG to output a Muxed file for DVD authoring.
TMPG is used to simply create the MPEG with the correct characteristics. Your authoring program should do the rest.

There is a particular setting in TMPG for outputing seperate Video and Audio streams which are suitable for use in DVD authoring. Your DVD program will then do the correct muxing.

ASHY

Request - TE25 - HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD? No.32964
USER  2003-01-06 20:13:20 ( ID:3eyiejy9fwg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HAY! Hiroyuki, could you change video mux rate to standard DVD?

the mux rate that your encoder uses is not standard, so, mpeg2/DVD files it makes cannot be used to burn to .VOB/DVD. All these files have to then unecesarally be re-made with another encoder to make it standard!

thankyou

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.