Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 593 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 NTDLL.DLL bug?? highroyds 5 2003-01-11 22:37:25
Question TE25 Quicktime movie to Video cd Bas 1 2003-01-01 01:49:05
Bug report TE25 Often getting Errors before finish Paul Dwyer 4 2003-01-02 02:39:22
Question TE25 stupid questions? (cont'd) BH 1 2003-01-01 01:47:59
Request TE25 tmpgenc won't open my avi files???????? freddy 5 2003-01-03 01:39:38
Bug report TE25 Bad De-multiplexing Mpeg Obsession 2 2002-12-31 05:22:08
Question TE25 Subtitling Help? Billy 9 2003-01-01 12:39:45
Question TE25 Lower Bitrate GWUK100 1 2002-12-31 04:58:29
Free talk TE25 Divx+Ac3 -> (S)VCD Rick 2 2003-01-08 19:18:24
Question TE25 out of sync regman 1 2002-12-30 23:42:29
Question TE25 Computer Problems johnnytropica1 0 2002-12-30 21:31:30
Question TE25 MPEG Merging and cutting Nanni chan 1 2002-12-30 23:37:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 593 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - NTDLL.DLL bug?? No.32639
highroyds  2002-12-31 13:53:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone else was having this problem??

When you try to either encode or do certain tasks in the program it comes up with a message error in the ntdll.dll file??

Cheers

Highroyds

Shaam  2002-12-31 15:57:16 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yep, I get the same. Even happens when I start the program

Shaam  2002-12-31 15:59:51 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW ... I am using

Windows XP SP1
AMD 2000XP
TMPGEnc 2.59.47.155

Shaam  2002-12-31 16:43:31 ( ID:/r/gsve4dkm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay ... fixed it.

This is what I did:

1) Went into instalation directory
2) Deleted CurrentCfg.tpr file
3) Restart TMPGEnc

Ensure your TEMP directory (Under Environment Variables in TMPGEnc) is pointing to a drive with enought space.

James  2003-01-01 08:45:13 ( ID:38dmuigotyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tried your tip and yet it's still giving me a write error with the ntdll.dll

Tried on two different systems (XP 2100 and Celeron) and 2 different OS's (XP and 2k)

Any more hints ?

cu  2003-01-11 22:37:25 ( ID:kcg4l5esyi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, had file encoded with xVid. Latest free TmpGENC. Could not get TmpGENC to recognize/play audio. Would get ntdll.dll msg, runtime 216, etc.

Then went into TmpGENC under Environmental settings and raised priority of DirectShow until TmpGENC played the audio stream (AC3?).

Also, make sure the TEMP directory under Environmental has enough space.

Works great and no more error messages!

Question - TE25 - Quicktime movie to Video cd No.32637
Bas  2002-12-31 12:18:22 ( ID:d6y0zcgmn9l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anybody know howto convert a quicktimemovie (trailers) to a (super)videocd?

Minion  2003-01-01 01:49:05 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need the "Quicktime Mov VFAPI Plugin" look for it on Google and you will find it....

Bug report - TE25 - Often getting Errors before finish No.32632
Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 05:51:41 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When converting AVIs to DVDs or VCDs I am often getting the error

"Illegal floating point decimal calculation Order."

DV AVIs from my movie camera are okay but AVI out put from Flask (using MS MP4) have the error a lot.

The same file does not error in the same place twice and often I can get through hundreds of megs before the error and sometime if I just geep trying I can get the whole file done. Considering that it takes about 4hrs to do these files, doing them 8 times is not fun.

Any work around for this?

Using win2k on a P4, tried XP and got the same error,

Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 07:50:31 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I saw some other articles about changing the codec priorities to put direct show first, I made this change and am still getting errors

Does anyone else have tmpgenc crash a lot half way through?

Paul Dwyer  2002-12-31 12:16:33 ( ID:ewgc4pv6cf2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just did a search of the forums and I see a lot of people have had this. Answers range though:

- Bad AVI Files (not in my case, happened with lots of types, many other people say the same thing)
- Disable some CPU options (helped some people and not others)
- Increase priority on Directshow (Helped some people and not others)
- Having another program install a plug in that needs to be disabled (many people didn't have that plug in
- Installing an older version of tMPGEnc (once again, helped some people and not others)

I think a propper FAQ entry needs to be added on this (first place I started looking) to show some of the possible solutions so far. Haven't fixed it here though but I never had the problem with the shareware version but that only allowed 30 (?) mpeg2 usages.

Definately an issue for the next build to look into, this error is not being caught properly

Minion  2003-01-01 04:52:01 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a Definate Fix for this error..But it makes the encodeing take MUCH Longer..Like So much longer that it isn"t worth useing this Fix.But if you want to try it go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and UN-Check the SSE and SSE-2 Boxes...then go to the regular Settings to "Quantize Matrix" and UN-Check the "Use Floating point DTS" Box, this will Disable the Floating Point so you Can not get the error..But like I said the Encodeing will Take a Lot longer, you 4 hour Encode might turn into a 24 hour Encode..You can also Try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc with Virtual Dub or AVISynth, Or use a Different Encoder on the Files you Can"t get encoded, There are a Couple of High Quality Mpeg encoders out there that are as good or better than Tmpgenc ,But probably not with all of the features of Tmpgenc or the Cheap Price..

Zaggy  2003-01-02 02:39:22 ( ID:cytpq2yncgo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I too have had problems with encoding, BUT ONLY on my machine... A friend and i use the SAME version of TMPGEnc, and have used this same version on the same file. On my machine, i will get an exception error steming from the TMPGEnc exe file, but he doesnt.

He's running a Celeron 366, 128Mb RAM, TNT2, Win2K etc as his encoding machine, while im running TMPGEnc on an old AMD K6/2 300, 128Mb RAM, S3ViRGE, under Win2K. Any idea why i would be getting failures? Should there be a setting i need to enable or disable due to the fact im running an AMD Processor?

Thanks...

Question - TE25 - stupid questions? (cont'd) No.32630
BH  2002-12-31 05:41:19 ( ID:qowohxq9kyh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how do you burn the files on to a dvd after you've already encoded and the video file have been separated into mpg and wav files.

Minion  2003-01-01 01:47:59 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Don"t.....This is a Job for an Authoring program..An authoring program will Format the Mpeg file to a Video_TS Folder and Burn it to a DVD-R...

Request - TE25 - tmpgenc won't open my avi files???????? No.32624
freddy  2002-12-31 04:07:50 ( ID:pscmpocc58h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi there i need someone's help i used to have tmpgenc on my system for years but lately my system crashed by virus so i had to reformat the hard drive but when i redownloaded tmpgenc it doesn't work now all i get is " the avi file does not open or is not supported""" i get that in all avi files even the ones that used to work before so i don't know what's up it seems that i am missing something for it to work can anybody help plz???????

Jim  2002-12-31 04:25:36 ( ID:/vrfvpjulvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

- did you reload all your codecs as well? (DivX, Xvid,....etc.)

Minion  2002-12-31 05:05:34 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show File Reader".....It might have felt like it was years that you had it on your Computer But Tmpgenc has Been out that Long, I think the First Beta Version Came out about 20 months ago, and the First actuall release was about 11 months ago...

Omniart  2003-01-01 18:56:36 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

HI,

I am having the same problem. I converted several AVIs with TMPEGen. I installed a couple other programs and now TMPEG won't open the very same AVI files. I have no idea where the codecs reside, and how to check for versions. I didn't see anything in the TMPEG directories. There is no real install with TMPEG, you just place the files in a directory.
Where can I get some help on tracking down the problems with the, I assume, codecs?

Thanks to all!

Fred

DMan  2003-01-01 19:56:29 ( ID:xasyupiq0/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

i had the same problem after i installed Nimo Codec Pack Build 8. When i uninstallit everything goes fine...

:|

Omniart  2003-01-03 01:39:38 ( ID:jmbygkfeirf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks... I did install some other progs. Do the programs install the codecs? Is there a utility to manage codecs available? That would help us novices!

Thanks,

Fred

>hi,
>
>i had the same problem after i installed Nimo Codec Pack Build 8. When i uninstallit everything goes fine...
>
>:|

Bug report - TE25 - Bad De-multiplexing No.32621
Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-31 03:49:19 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If I multiplex audio and video, and then take the new file and de-multiplex it, while the source video and the demultiplexed video is the same, the demultiplexed audio file is shorter then the source one (eg. source is 112kb, while demuxed file is 104).

Anyone else also noticed it?

Minion  2002-12-31 05:02:37 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This could Just be Padding that gets added to the File while encodeing, if the audio file is still the same length then it is Just Padding that is Being removed Durring Multiplexing...

Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-31 05:22:08 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's no padding becasuse you can hear it ends too soon.

Question - TE25 - Subtitling Help? No.32611
Billy  2002-12-31 03:47:53 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't know if this is affiliated with TMPGEnc but I was downloading a DVD-rip (it was in my last post too) and I found out it has no subtitles! The description in Kazaa said it does but I cannot find it. Anyway, is there an easy way to add subtitles and then burn the movie into VCD? I downloaded another version of the movie (but it is in very bad quality) with subtitles so I know what their saying. Or maybe I should just burn the non-subbed movie?

Billy  2002-12-31 04:02:05 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Also, there's something weird with the AVI file! When I play it with my DivX Player there is no sound. When I play it with the Windows Media Player (the old "mplayer2.exe"), the sound is great! I tried encoding it with TMPGEnc; when I selected the video source, the audio source tab is blank. Here are the filters in use for the source file:

Default DirectSound Device
ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Renderer

This file is 682MB so I might have to split it to 2 CDRs after all...:(

ASHY  2002-12-31 18:23:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First I'll answer ur audio prob. This is likely happening because windows mediaplayer is using the WinDVD audio decoder to decode the Ac3 audio in the AVI. Your Divx player obviously cannot handle Ac3.

TMPG cannot handle Ac3, so u will have to extract the Ac3 from the AVI to a wav with AVImux.

If u can't work out how to do this search this BBS for AVImux.

You can add subs with Virtualdub. You will need to find a subs site (of which there are plenty) and download the right subs then use the Virtualdub subtitler filter to add your subs.
The subs need to be in 'Substation Alpha' format (.ssa) so you will need to convert any subs to this format with 'Subadjust'
Any sync probs can also be corrected with 'Subadjust'

When you have it the way you want just frameserve to TMPG. here is some more help: http://www.vcdhelp.com/subsvirtual.htm

ASHY

Billy  2002-12-31 18:53:49 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What if I can't find the right subs for my movie? The movie is kind of new...

Billy  2002-12-31 19:30:19 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I tried your AVImux but I don't get it. You said it extracts the audio to a WAV right? When I played the extracted WAV, it includes the video as well! Also, the source AVI file is kind of weird. It used to have a short opening credits but when I play it now, the first part of the credits is black. It might be because I have Kazaa open and is downloading but still...

Billy  2002-12-31 19:40:17 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Argh...another post. I hope I'm not flooding...the subs I downloaded were in a RAR archive. I have winRAR so I opened it. But I can't extract the subs within. A message box appears and in it says:

!E:sasubs.rar: Unknown method in Spirited Away - Part 1 [DVD, jap, ext eng sub].sub
!E:sasubs.rar: Unknown method in Spirited Away - Part 2 [DVD, jap, ext eng sub].sub
!E:sasubs.rar: No files to extract

After the E:, it's supposed to have a slash. You know, the opposite of /. \n

Billy  2002-12-31 20:46:30 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry for another post. -_-" I managed to download another set of subtitles that works! And I successfully transferred it to SSA format. I am currently at the frameserving mode. How long does that take? It doesn't move... The Non-A/V Requests is at 10 while the # of Frames Served is at 1. THe Audio Segment delivered is still at 0...

Minion  2003-01-01 04:54:00 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Number of Frames on the Frameserver should Change as tmpgenc encodes them so you are haveing some sort of problem....

ASHY  2003-01-01 12:37:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you have started the frameserver there will be a file with a .vdr extension which you have created somewhere. Load this into TMPG and start encoding.

As for AVImux.
Load the AVI into avimux. Highlight the audio then right click it. Choose 'Select compression' from the menu and select PCM. In the next box choose the default which should be 44.100khz, 16bit, stereo.

Click 'Output AVI' and name your output with a wav extension then click 'Go'

If you have audio problems such as the sound breaking up in the extracted wav set the 'Pre-roll' and 'Interleave' settings to 100ms.

ASHY

ASHY  2003-01-01 12:39:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

P.S. Remember, to extract the audio only, you need to uncheck the Video this is why you have both.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Lower Bitrate No.32609
GWUK100  2002-12-31 02:18:48 ( ID:exmt1m8rfer )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am currently running version 2.59.47.155
I have been using Tmpgenc for quite some time now for produciong standard VCD's @ 1150kbps. I have tried altering the bitrate (lower) to fit a 100min film onto one 80min cd. Ive looked at many websites through Google and have followed their recommended instructions. As encoding progresses the settings at the bottom of the window indicate that the resulting mpeg should be at 900kbps. Once encoding is finished information about the final mpeg show it to have a constant bit rate of the standard VCD! Does anyone know of any bugs in the above version? if so which version can you recommend that will do the job i want?
please email: gregwilliams100@hotmail.com
THANKS

Minion  2002-12-31 04:58:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The 2.59 version have a Bug in it that won"t let the Bitrate go below the VCD Standard, it adds Padding to make the File a Standard VCD, you Can remove the Padding By Running the File through the Mpeg tools in an Earlier version of Tmpgenc or Use and earlier version to encode.Going lower than standard greatly reduces the Quality, actually anything below about 1600kbs is is unwatchable to me, But to each his own...

Free talk - TE25 - Divx+Ac3 -> (S)VCD No.32606
Rick  2002-12-31 01:42:54 ( ID:5mr9jq63jc2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This board seems to be filled with sound problems when converting from Avi to (S)VCD. I posted my solution a few days back and people responded with posts stating that it did not work. Well I just finished the entire Band Of Brothers which was posted on Alt.binaries.movies.dvix. It worked just fine and has Ac3 audio. Now I'm not doing this to trash anyone just trying to help since there seems to be some misconceptions about this process and I can remember pulling my hair out when I started to do this kind of stuff. Here again is my required software and setting foe TMPGEnc.

1. install Dvix Pro 5.02
2. Install Tsunami Filter pack (Nimo will not work)
3. Install ffcshow and Xvid codecs (incase they are using Xvid codecs)
4. set the eviromental settings for VFAPI-plugin as follows

DirectShow Multimedia File Reader-----Priority 3
AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader-------------Priority 1
Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder--------------Priority 0
Wave File Reader----------------------Priority 0
AVI VFW Compatability Reader----------Priority 0
BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader-----------Priority -2
TMPGEnc Project File Reader 2.59------Priority -2

I'm currently using TMPGEnc 2.59 plus. If anyone would like to try this and has problems reply to this post and I'll try to help you out. I've set up 3 systems now all running XP one a P4, one a PIII and one a Celeron, all intels.

Rick

Geddeth  Home )  2003-01-06 23:12:59 ( ID:as4qxzcqqln )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds good.

What's ffcshow, though? And which XviD codec would you recommend for Windows encoding (if any)?

Best regards.
/geddeth

Rick  2003-01-08 19:18:24 ( ID:mgmbkusapw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to install both the Xvid codec and ffcshow to work with the video in TMPGEnc. Just get the latest versions available that should be fine.

Rick

Question - TE25 - out of sync No.32604
regman  2002-12-30 22:29:02 ( ID:jmiymllqlvf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a problem with a movie I'm trying to encode.....it's ok during playing of the movie until about the middle of the movie....then it goes WACKO OUT OF SYNC!! I've even re-encoded the movie in AVI format with virtual dub, THEN encoded it with TMPGEnc and it STILL goes out of sync at that particular spot. How can I fix this problem? I really want to have this movie so I can put it on DVD disk to play on my DVD player. By the way, I'm encoding it from AVI to MPEG-2 (for DVD format).I thought about frame serving, but I dunno whether that'll do the trick. Somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Minion  2002-12-30 23:42:29 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the AVI out of sync???? If so then you should Fix the AVI sync before you encode it...If you can find the exact spot were it goes out of sync you can Cut the file at the exact spot it goes "Wacky" then use Virtual Dub(if it is AVI) to Sync up the bad part of the movie then join the 2 parts together after fixing it..But It is Really Hard to fix Files that suddenly go out of sync at a Sertain spot ....

Question - TE25 - Computer Problems No.32603
johnnytropica1  2002-12-30 21:31:30 ( ID:tfbuuajrpro )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a pentium Celeron @700mhz and runny a crappy windows ME. When i try to convert a file to VCD format, it works good for about 6 min of the video, but after that it slows down almost to a stop. Is there anything i can do fix that? or is it just cuz i have a crappy computer?

Question - TE25 - MPEG Merging and cutting No.32601
Nanni chan  2002-12-30 21:12:04 ( ID:edzpf6wzkbj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello! I am trying to copy my Jrock (Japanese rock) DVDs into VCDs. So far I ahve done ok, but when I want to merge and cut the MPEG1 file with TMPGE when it starts with audio it says illegal video something and it won't let me do it>.< I was wondering if anyone an help. Any help at all would be greatly apprecaited! thanks! arigatou gozaimasu!

Minion  2002-12-30 23:37:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well it would help if you posted the actual error and not "Illegal Video something" ...When Joining Files each file has to have the exact same Specs, so this can be the Problem...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.