Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 596 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Dr MarcBosquet 1 2002-12-30 02:48:46
Question TE25 What is this? Mpeg Obsession 0 2002-12-29 12:50:37
Question TE25 cant open dv2 files ash 1 2002-12-29 12:31:30
Question TE25 no sound after splitting 800+ movie sueli 3 2002-12-30 02:45:14
Question TE25 2-hour DVD-rip? Billy 4 2002-12-30 05:55:03
Question TE25 How to restore defaults? Questar 2 2002-12-29 05:11:32
Question TE25 Can't load "P3Package.dll" error appears with DIVX avi's Johnny 3 2002-12-30 11:13:27
Question TE25 SVCD to VCD Header trick - underflow error Mick 4 2003-01-05 00:55:40
Free talk TE25 Ulead DVD Workshop Warning wcpaul 5 2002-12-30 04:35:10
Question TE25 need instructions/help L Miller 1 2002-12-28 23:51:20
Question TE25 Want more information Jim 0 2002-12-28 21:12:46
Question TE25 Lost TMPGenc redownloaded keep getting errors now Hiddendragon 2 2002-12-31 01:39:04

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 596 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Dr No.32539
MarcBosquet  2002-12-29 12:59:22 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Using the TMPGEnc Plus 2.59 in order to convert a AVI file to MPEG 1. I did convert the audio file first to a wave file. TMP project wizrad runs as it should but when starting the process of encoding an AVI file and the Wav file to a MPRG file i get the message "Write error occured at adress 77752109 of module 'stdll.dl ' with 000000

I went through the FAQ site but could not find an answer to the question.
I still have 22 GB left on the HDD so there must be sufficient place fot the temp folder.

Thanks

Marc Bosquet

Minion  2002-12-30 02:48:46 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know the Exact reason for this error But in Many Cases this error pops up when encodeing Downloaded movies which are usually corrupted in some way..Corrupted movies will usually play fine But encodeing them is Difficult, You might try Frameserveing the File to Tmpgenc with Virtual Dub...

Question - TE25 - What is this? No.32538
Mpeg Obsession  2002-12-29 12:50:37 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the Link page of the site they say:

"It is the development origin of the MPEG decoder of loading in TMPGEnc DVD Authoring Engine (the beta version)."

Anyone has any idea what this means?

Question - TE25 - cant open dv2 files No.32536
ash  2002-12-29 10:38:26 ( ID:5d11mhsrkxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i am having trouble opening dv2 files that i have made with dvd2avi
i heard that you have to download vfapi. i am running tmpgenc 2.59 where can i download vfapi from.
i checked the tmpgenc page but its not there
i look forward to hearing from someone that can help thankyou

lupy  2002-12-29 12:31:30 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

options/environmental settings/VFAPI plug ins.Is DVD2AVI project file reader in the list? If so is it checked? what priority is it? try setting a higher priority for it by right clicking it.The DVD2AVI.vfp file that u r asking about is what tmpgenc uses and should be listed in the list. The actual file is in your folder where your dvd2avi.exe is. Most file readers are built into tmpgenc but others can be added such as quicktime mov file reader, dvd2avi project file reader, etc...

Question - TE25 - no sound after splitting 800+ movie No.32532
sueli  2002-12-29 08:40:47 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi,

I used TMPG to split a 810MB mpeg, the 2 halfs begin OK, but somewhere in the middle the audio just disappears. the original is fine with audio to the end etc.,

it can't be the setting as there's audio at the beginning, wierd,how come it just disappears later??

appreciate any help:)

lupy  2002-12-29 09:49:44 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

heard that tmpgenc does this sometimes...but others will know more about that than me. Perhaps u can cut the audio ...which should be mp2...with a mp2 cutting program. If u can match the cuts in the audio and video then u can muliplex them together again.Use mp3trim to cut the mp2 after u demux it from the mpg using mpg tools in tmpgenc..then cut the video and try remuxing them together.....good luck lol. http://www.logiccell.com/~mp3trim/

sueli  2002-12-29 10:15:02 ( ID:x3/fon87r6f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

LOL

thanxs, lupy, if that's the case then i'll lip-read ;)
real shame about the audio, thought i could finally burn on CDs ;(

Minion  2002-12-30 02:45:14 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you cant get Tmpgenc to cut it properly then use something else to Cut the Mpeg file, I sometimes use BBMpeg "s Muxer to Cut the File while Multiplexing, you can set the Size of the File that you want and it will cut the file into pieces that big while Muxing..

Question - TE25 - 2-hour DVD-rip? No.32527
Billy  2002-12-29 03:58:33 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently downloaded a movie from Kazaa. The file name claims that it's a DVD-rip and that it's DivX and is in AVI format. Unfortunately, the movie is 2 hours long and there are 2 very big AVI files to the movie. What should I do? Is the quality good enough for me to make a VCD with a bitrate of 1150 at Constant Bitrate (meaning a standard VCD)? Would I have to make 4 CDRs?

Minion  2002-12-29 04:49:40 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think you Got your Math Wrong..A 2 hour movie will go on 2 80 minute 700MB CD-R"s with 60 minutes each CD-R at a Bitrate of 1596-kbs for Video and 224 for Audio..Useing these Bitrate settings Makeing a VCD you will get 60 minutes on a 700MB CD-R with each part filling up each CD, and the Quality will be Better than a Normal VCD...The Size of the AVI file has nothing to do with the Size of the Mpeg/VCD File, all that matters is the Length and the Bitrate used to encode it...Useing this Bitrate will make a Non-Standard VCD But all but the very pickiest of players will play it....

Billy  2002-12-29 08:41:29 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it 1596-kbs Constant Bitrate or some other?

Minion  2002-12-30 02:42:38 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes that would Be either the Constant bitrate or if you were useing the 2 pass method it would be the average bitrate....

Sakuya  2002-12-30 05:55:03 ( ID:ma8lfwhzhl2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I didn't want to open up a new subject so I'm posting this here. What if the encoded MPEG file was 600MB and it was 2 hours long? Would that fit on a 700MB 80MIN CDR?

Question - TE25 - How to restore defaults? No.32524
Questar  2002-12-29 03:11:51 ( ID:gruhvhryveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello Everyone,

In trying to encode a 16:9 DivX to something that would play in my DVD player, I pretty much have changed every setting in Tmpg. Is there a way to resore to the default encoder settings?

If not, can somebody tell me what the default source aspect ratio is?

Thanks in advance!

Minion  2002-12-29 04:40:06 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no default source aspect ratio the Source aspect ratio changes with every file you load in it so there isn"t a Default source aspect ratio..If your File is 16:9 then the source aspect Ratio will change to 16:9, this setting is basicly for the encoder to set, the only one you would change is the output aspect Ratio which would depend on your TV But usually 4:3..If you are haveing a Problem getting the Pictures aspect ratio to be displayed more like the original files aspect ratio then maybe try useing the "Clip Frame" and "Video Arange Method" settings to position the picture in the frame the way you want it...Or if you have changed so many settings that you just want to get them all back to the way they were before you started changeing everything then just load a Template and all the settings will go back to the standard settings for each format...

Questar  2002-12-29 05:11:32 ( ID:gruhvhryveh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, I'll use the load the template method.

Question - TE25 - Can't load "P3Package.dll" error appears with DIVX avi's No.32520
Johnny  2002-12-29 02:06:51 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi all,

A very new newbie to this sort of stuff so please bear with me if this is such a simple thing to fix.

Used TMPGEnc for first time today on an MPEG file that wasn't in correct format to burn to VCD. Worked a treat and I was very happy.

Then came to convert a DIVx coded .avi file and at the end of the wizard upon pressing start I get a 'Can't load "P3Package.dll" 'error appear and the program wont go any further.

I know the program runs as it worked on a previous MPEG file so have no idea why a .dll file should be missing.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

J

Johnny  2002-12-29 02:24:35 ( ID:ttaavyj7uof )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Folks, I'm sorted now. I had placed a shortcut to the main .exe on the desktop and thanks to searching through other posts have found that it isn't possible to do this for some reason (though I don't understand why - thought that just meant it told Win2k to activate an .exe from the specified folder!).

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson - search the BBS first before posting!

Cheers,
J

taesikkim  2002-12-29 05:34:10 ( ID:d4hia8o5wdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I WOULD LIKE KNOW REASON "P3package dll"ERROR APEARS WHEN I PUSH START BUTTON.

REGARDS

person17b  2002-12-30 11:13:27 ( ID:dpprt6p3d2f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One known reason for this is if you did not put all your
extracted zip files from the tmpgnc download into the same folder.

This will cause this error message.

hope it helps,
dave

Question - TE25 - SVCD to VCD Header trick - underflow error No.32515
Mick  2002-12-29 01:10:56 ( ID:f8b7qd.dvdg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I tried to trick my DVD player (that doesn't support SVCD) by using the "VCD-Header Trick). It means, to change just the header of my MPEG2 file in TMPGEnc 2.59.
I go to MPEG Tools...Simple Multiplex, browse for my MPEG2 file and change the type to MPEG-1 Video-CD (non-standard). There is no difference if I selec standard.
I click on "Run" and at the end the message box tells me that "nnnn packets cause buffer underflow".(nnnn is a number of packets - depending on the files I use).
I tried to burn the files obtained by this method, but there is audio and no video at all.

I use my DV Handycam and Ulead Video studio. I produce the SVCD filed (video: 24 bits, 480x480, 29.970 frames/sec, VBR; audio: 44100Hz, 16bit, Stereo, Layer ), bit rate 224 kbps).

What can I do?

Minion  2002-12-29 04:28:12 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you attach a VCD Header This way with Tmpgenc You will usually get a "BufferUnderflow" Error Cuz the Muxing Rate and Data Packet size are different in a VCD File than a Mpeg2 file..The Way to attach the header without getting the error is to Load the File into the "Merge & Cut" and set the Dropdown menu to "Video-CD Non-Standard" and name your output file and Click "Run" then it will proscess the file and attach the VCD Header..I have Been doing this Quite a Lot lately Cuz I"ve been Makeing VCD"s useing Mpeg2 and Can"t get them to Burn Properly unless I change the Header to a VCD Header...

Mick  2003-01-03 23:34:36 ( ID:hetc73jn4tw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, the screen in the fooled VCD file is black. Audio is OK.
I use NTSC (Canada).
- Ulead Video Studio 6
- Produce avi file
- TMPGEnc - encode to SVCD (Load NTSC template)
- MPEG Tools...Merge & Cut... Select Input and output files, change type to VCD (non-standard) and run
- Already here, when playing with Windows Media Player, my screen is black
- Burn fooled MPEg with Nero (it set always lower resolution, I think 352x240, that I cannot change)
- When playing on my standalone Sony NS315 DVD player - screen is also black, even in Nero's menu

Is there any particular setting I should check?

Thanks,
Mick

ASHY  2003-01-04 16:13:59 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try this option on your player instead.

Rather than attach a VCD header to your SVCD just leave it as normal.

In Nero choose the SVCD option then under the 'Video CD' tab click the 'compatibility' button and change the 'Video directory' to 'MPEGAV'
Click 'Ok' then 'New'

Load your MPEG2 (make sure your MPEG2 file has an SVCD header or Nero will complain and the file won't play)
Burn as usual.

Let me know how it turns out.

ASHY

Mick  2003-01-05 00:55:40 ( ID:hetc73jn4tw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for this idea, but unfortunatelly, it didn't work. My DVD shows: "Cannot play" message.
I really have no idea if the problem is in the "fooled" file or in Nero.

Free talk - TE25 - Ulead DVD Workshop Warning No.32509
wcpaul  2002-12-28 23:42:10 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

DVD Workshop 1.3 has now stopped working for me altoghether. It crashes, hangs, or exits on even on the most simple project. This happens at critical steps and happens on projects recreated from scratch. No other software or hardware is causing me any such problems.

My experience and the experience of those on Ulead's web board shows that there is NO support for any real problems in their software.

DO NOT buy or even waste time trying this product!!!

Minion  2002-12-28 23:56:10 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because you are haveing problems with a product doesn"t mean every one else is doomed to the same outcome..I use DVD Workshop 1.3 on a Daily basis and it works Just fine for me without any problems at all..if you are haveing problems with 1.3 then go back to 1.2, you might find 1.2 more stable with Your particular system..But because you are haveing problems doesn"t mean that we should delete the program from our computers .....

jetty  2002-12-29 00:28:11 ( ID:cai47j4msd6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mr. WCPaul has over reacting. I have the same problem with DVDWS 1.3 and even downgroad to 1.2 doesn't work anymore. I have tried cleaning registry and whatever before reinstalling ... it just doesn't work after I applied patch 1.3.
I tried also their "new" 1.3 patch, but it's the same results there.
It worked for me earlier and trial 1.2 on another pc works still for me ...
Looks like I have to reformat HD one day to get it's version 1.2 functional again... Indeed, Ulead support were of any help ...
But nice to hear that there are many PC's where it's still up and running.

Bruce Cavender  2002-12-29 06:20:50 ( ID:6t0cbiyxnza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use the DVD PlugIn in ULEAD Media Studio Pro. I have a 1.7ghz xeon pentium system and I have noted a number of unfriendly behaviours when setting up/burning a DVD. Mainly trying to set chapters is ugly trying to use the slider to select. It bounces all over the place and at times just takes very significant delays to come up with a chapter scene. Sometimes when burning the DVD it tells me it is working on step 8...out of 7...LOL.

I would like to have Workshop...but I haven't purchased it because I figured that the product had a long way to go before it worked smoothly (extrapolating from my PlugIn experience.) And it isn't cheap...

MSP 6.5 is very stable for me, but as much as I have tried, I have never been able to get decent quality Mpeg2 DVD files from it. The only way I can get top quality is to output a large AVI Master, Encode it with (top notch) TMPGE and then burn that with the ULEAD DVD PlugIn in MSP6.5. (I wish TMPGE made an editor!)

I have found ULEAD software...basically OK...but in my candid opinion their DVD software (so far) is rushed and sloppy. The plugin will create an ISO file...but it doesn't have a button to click to go back and simply burn another disc (without going through the whole creation process again). Certainly a patch upgrade is waaaay overdue. Maybe Workshop added this "feature".

ULEAD needs to really get this fixed to keep their customers from moving up to editors that have an integrated work flow and stable environments.

Bruce

willyiam  2002-12-29 12:16:47 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have to agree with minion on this one.

I use the DVD Plugin with VideoStudio6 and also MovieFactory v1 and v2 with no problems whatsoever... I would respectfully suggest that you check your system for other programs or codecs that can cause this sort of problem.

wcpaul  2002-12-30 04:35:10 ( ID:7hktvp.ygm2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

(To those who feel this is OT: It is important that we have ways to get material we have so carefully encoded by TMPGEnc onto a DVD. Right now, DVD authoring software options are pitiful.)

DWS version 1.2 does not support attaching PCM audio to a title. This is the most important technical aspect of the music related material I am authoring.

That new audio feature may be the source of all the problems but any software which, when starting up the same project, hangs sometimes, crashes sometimes, and exits with no message sometimes is the result of a fundamentally flawed design process followed by no QA.

Media Studio Pro has NEVER failed on me and has a professional user interface. MSP also does not have the dozens of minor bugs that impede any attempt to get "clever" with DWS. Obviously two completely different groups at Ulead are behind these projects. One group has media professionals and the other just has hack, "spec" programmers.

The only reason I bought DWS was that is supported 16:9 MPEGs. I since learned how to use IFOEdit to change the 4:3 "video title set" from any authoring program to 16:9. A version of DVDit LE bundled with my DVD drive now produces 16:9 titles with PCM audio and MUCH better remote button control! So buying DWS was like sending $229 straight down the toilet.

Question - TE25 - need instructions/help No.32507
L Miller  2002-12-28 21:38:34 ( ID:uk43fykmibw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are there instructions on how to use this program that are written for a non-nerd? Everyone in the BBS seems to know a lot more about this process than I do and I hope someone out there will be willing to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to get a good quality edited video out of the computer and back onto a VHS video tape. I started with a Dazzle USB program and it produced a very pixilated and jittery MPG 1 video. After almost a year of emails and phone calls to them, they told me about this site and that all I had to do was to run the edited video through this program and it would be fixed. In the meantime, while waiting for their last response, I started working with ULEAD Video Studio 6 and discovered it promised to produce an edited movie in MPG 2. A test of this program produced a movie that has what looks like a fine grain texture moving over the entire video image. I would prefer to use the MPG 2 because of the better image resolution in the finished product. The step I am missing is how to process the edited video to clean up the image ready to output to tape and I'm not sure if this program will even do it.

My computer is a no-name, P4 with I GB RAM on a SOYO SY-P4ISR motherboard and running Windows XP Home. The video card is an ATI All In Wonder RADEON 7500.

The video sources are from a Sony Hi8 camcorder and a standard VHS tape.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/suggestions offered.

L Miller

Minion  2002-12-28 23:51:20 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are outputting the Video back to Video tape then there is No need to use Mpeg at all..Encodeing your movies to mpeg will only degrade the quality of the resulting file...You should capture to AVI and edit then record beck to VHS tape in AVI, Outputting the finnished product to mpeg1/2 will just Ruin the quality Cuz Mpeg is a Lossy Format and you can keep AVI in a Lossless format which means that you don"t loose quality if you keep it in AVI preferably Uncompressed or DV/AVI..Mpeg is only usefull if you are putting the finnished Product on a VCD/SVCD/DVD,and there will allways be Quality degradation encodeing to Mpeg so if there is no need to encode to mpeg then don"t cuz the quality will allways be better in the source AVI then in the encoded mpeg....

Question - TE25 - Want more information No.32506
Jim  2002-12-28 21:12:46 ( ID:/vrfvpjulvo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials or sites out there which describe video formats and encoding in depth. I'm not really new to all this stuff (always been able to hack my way around encoding problems), but I want to know more about stuff like "gop structures, i-frames,.....etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-jim

Question - TE25 - Lost TMPGenc redownloaded keep getting errors now No.32503
Hiddendragon  2002-12-28 20:07:06 ( ID:lpwgxokawr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Guys,

I really need some help this time , because its driving me nuts.
I lost all my data and needed to reinstall everything but now when i reinstall tmpg enc again i keep getting the following errors.

nr.1 Exception EAccessViolation in module ntdll.dll at 0004B9AE
Write error occurred at address 77FCB9AE of module ntdll.dll with

And then the program shuts down and it says :
Runtime Error 216 at 00053944

Tried it with TMPG enc 2.02 and 2.57 and 2.59 and i keep getting these errors.

I also get some error with ACM or something sometimes

Plz let me know , because i can't work without this program , without TMPGenc why do i need a computer ??

Grtz Mark

Minion  2002-12-28 23:40:30 ( ID:a6p1jd3ovjw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You said that this happens with every version you try,So the Problem is one of 2 things,If you used the same file with the different versions of Tmpgenc then it could be the file, but if this error comes up with every file then the problem can be with your System..You can allways Try a Different encoder,and see if they have problems with your file, There are encoders that are just as good as Tmpgenc in the Quality department,and if they have a problem then you will know there is a problem with the file..The other error you are getting with the "ACM" is a error with the "Audio Compression Manager" so there can be a Problem with the audio in the file that is giveing you the problems...

biohazrd  2002-12-31 01:39:04 ( ID:zho/umk31bn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are probably trying to convert an avi with an XVID codec. I downloaded the Nimo codec pack and it still didn't help. Download this codec it works better.

http://nic.dnsalias.com/XviD_Install.exe

I would love to take credit for that bit of advise but I got it from someelse one this board in an earlier thread. (Thanks Ell-Ess-Dee you saved me alot of headache.)

I also noticed that if you restart TMPG it sometimes saves the old file info in it. This seems to cause the error as well. If you still get the error after installing the new codec, make sure to click file new and then click yes when it asks you if you want to reset the project.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.