Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 621 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 sound problem nasser 2 2002-12-09 13:18:08
Question TE25 DirectShow wrapper for tmpgenc available? gne 6 2002-12-07 17:46:05
Question TE25 Black & White edge to MPEGS Keith 0 2002-12-06 09:28:40
Question TE25 problem with audio edumuca 2 2002-12-06 12:04:45
Question TE25 WMV to MPEG capn65 1 2002-12-06 08:22:14
Question TE25 Asking again about the *.avi unsupported thingy Zechs Merquise 2 2002-12-06 12:26:08
Question TE25 Bug on Tmpg ? Fab47 1 2002-12-06 01:19:05
Question TE25 .ac3 FILE SUPPORT? Dan Wagner 2 2002-12-06 01:15:56
Bug report TE25 Non standart bitrate bug Dodo 1 2002-12-06 01:13:06
Question TE25 Mr. matz300 1 2002-12-05 22:47:33
Question TE25 Avi to DVD. Problem with dvd standalone playback monyong 13 2002-12-24 17:40:35
Question TE25 MPEG2 reading problem - Part 2.... Carrot007 1 2002-12-05 21:38:45

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 621 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - sound problem No.31592
nasser  2002-12-06 10:17:04 ( ID:pjldngw8akm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

first of all thanks for this remarkable encoder which is the best encoder I've ever used.I'm still new with it but am learning hard to know more about it.
My problem is that in some movies I've encoded the sound does not match with the picture,I mean gets delayed and I don't know what's the reason for that problem.
But this is not always with most of the movies I encoded.
Pls i want to watch the movie on a DVD player pls help me out with this problem
Thanks and keep it up.

donald  2002-12-06 18:06:59 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all i would like to say that this is the greatest program i have used. I am also having a problem with the sound on this particular movie. it is a divx version. it starts off great but all of a sudden the words dont match the movie. i am really excited to get this movie playing in dvd, please help me with this problem. also i used virtual dub to do the sound if that helps any. thanx again you guys are the greatest!

Dr.BlackJack  2002-12-09 13:18:08 ( ID:aeuzlevelnr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well...i had the same problem ...for about 1 year...and i had no answer, so...this year i had tried again..and i had discover the answer..well.. is very simple...like yours my DVD player read VCD, but the problem is that it can load audio and video perfctly at the same time, so what i do ,

make the audio to 96 k/sec, stereo etc...i hadnt tried get with 112k/sec ...but at least in 128 k/sec in my DVD player the audio dont match the video...

i do this and the audio never escape the video...well always match...happy encode.. (it wasnt that difficult..does it??)

Question - TE25 - DirectShow wrapper for tmpgenc available? No.31585
gne  2002-12-06 09:49:07 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I want to use an MPEG2 encoder in a directshow graph.
Is there a filter wrapper for tmpgenc so that I can
use tmpgenc as a normal filter in an MPEG2 encoding graph?

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:00:46 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No, but why. What is it you are attempting to do?
It seems you are trying to encode directly to MPEG2 from another format such as DVD using Graphedit.
If that is the case there are better ways of acheiving this than using Graphedit.

ASHY

gne  2002-12-07 09:57:44 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sure, if you want to convert your data to an MPEG2 file offline, then you
can use TMPGEnc directly.

But if you want to write your own video data manipulation program like
a DVR or video editing then you should use the MS directshow infrastructure.

Unfortunately this infrastructure does not provide any MPEG-2 encoder (also
know as MPEG-2 encoder filter). That's the reason why Intervideo has a close
collaboration with MS (XP Packs).

MS is offering a nice streaming buffer engine with XP ServicePack 1

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/directshow_sp1/htm/usingthestreambufferengine.asp?frame=true)

that allows you write a DVR application very easily. This engine only
accepts MPEG-2 and DV streams as input in the direct show graph.

To write an DirectShow filter wrapper for TMPGenc should not be so difficult,
but offers the tremendous advantage of using this brilliant MPEG-2 technology
in the MS framework.

DivX is doing the same! Their codec can be used in the directshow framework.

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-07 12:41:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why don't you just wait for the Server version of TMPG to come out. This should serve your needs.

ASHY

gne  2002-12-07 17:20:02 ( ID:9ri9acbc5oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To me the "server version" is a encoding solution
similar to TMPGenc but optimised for servers.

Sorry, this is not what I asked for. Please correct me
if I am wrong.

best,

gne

ASHY  2002-12-07 17:33:30 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the server version is a command line program and is accessable through DOS. Therefore I should imagine could be incorporated into your program.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-07 17:46:05 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is clip from the feature list on the Pegasus site for TMPGenc Server:

'- Control through MS-DOS Prompt (Server)
For more professional use, we have been requested to implement some feature to work with other application seamlessly. TMPGEnc Server can be controlled through MS-DOS prompt, so TMPGEnc Server can be controlled from different User interface or other application all process can be automated.'

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_release02.html

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Black & White edge to MPEGS No.31584
Keith  2002-12-06 09:28:40 ( ID:f86ypmb8wb6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm using 2.59 to code MPEGS from Matrox AVI files. This is giving me a black & white image down the left hand side of the picture - the rest is fine. How do I correct this.

Question - TE25 - problem with audio No.31581
edumuca  2002-12-06 09:26:53 ( ID:pw/eestyzkw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a avi file into MPEG but could not get the sound. I only have one file avi for video and sound but TMPEG does not allow the avi file as sound file. Can anybody help ?

lupy  2002-12-06 10:55:12 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

load tha avi into virtual dub and sav wav . U can then use this wav with tmpeg for audio....make sure u have full processing mode set for audio in virtual dub and no compression set

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:04:45 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where did u get this file? Downloaded?
If so it is likely Ac3 audio.
Virtualdub won't handle this, but you can extract it to a wav using AVImux.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - WMV to MPEG No.31579
capn65  2002-12-06 06:56:16 ( ID:qipr.ahp6wm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having trouble converting WMV to MPEG. I learned about this program (TMPGENC) from VCDEasy help page. This is the program recommended for this process. Every time I try to set the end frame, TMPGEnc goes to "not responding". The file is a windows movie maker project that I created from a digital video camera file. Is there something I can do to remedy this?
PLEASE HELP!!
capn65

minion  2002-12-06 08:22:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc Doesn"t seem to Fully support WMV Files But you can usually get it to be encoded to Mpeg ..First Try raiseing the "Direct show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" and if that doesn"t work then Try "ASF Tools" to Fix any arrors in the WMV File then try to Load it in Tmpgenc..WMV Files are Quite notorius for Being Corrupted Cuz they are So Compressed so Fixing them with "ASF Tools" sometimes helps...But if all else fails you can allways try encodeing the WMV File to AVI with something like "Stoik Video converter" then encode the AVI File to Mpeg with Tmpgenc.."Stoik Video Converter" is a Freeware Program that Encodes any Direct show format to any other Direct show Format accept Mpeg....

Question - TE25 - Asking again about the *.avi unsupported thingy No.31576
Zechs Merquise  2002-12-06 01:33:39 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've tried many times to convert a *.avi file to *.mpg, but it doesn't work. I've already raised the directshow in the vfapi to 2, but that only works for avi files with 15fps, I'm trying to convert from 29.97fps, and no matter what I do to the settings at the lower right-hand corner, nothing works, same with the environmental settings, I've tried many different combos with both of them, and nothing works. I've tried changing the conversion rates, but it doesn't work. I meet all the minimum requirements for the program, hell, I exceed them, what am I doing wrong?

minion  2002-12-06 08:15:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Direct Show file reader Has Nothing at all to do with the Frame rate of the AVI file so if raiseing it only works on 15fps files then it is Just a Coincidance...OK..Do you have the Correct codec for the AVI File you are trying to encode???And If the File was Downloaded from The Net there is a Chance that the File is Corrupted and That is Why it is Not being loaded..Corrupted files will play fine in Media Player But that doesn"t mean That it will be read properly by a Mpeg encoder...If you can get the file to load into Virtual Dub then you can frameserve it with Virtual Dub, and If you can"t get the file to load in Virtual Dub then the Problem is Most definately with the AVI File or the Lack of the Correct Codecs...

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:26:08 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Where is this AVI from? Like Minion says the framerate has no bearing whatsoever on whether it can be decoded. This is either a corrupe file or lack of correct codecs.
You need to find out the FourCC code of this AVI which will tell you which codec you need to decode it.
The FourCC code is a four Character code which is used to identify which codec it uses.

Download this program to find out the FourCC code:
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Look to the top right corner under 'Video Format' It should also tell you the codec it requires and whether the 'Directshow renderer' can decode the file at the bottom.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Bug on Tmpg ? No.31574
Fab47  2002-12-05 23:45:24 ( ID:uculvhpqcsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I try to make a mpeg file with an Avi and Wav file. Unfortunately the TMPG program always say: "Write error occured at address 77F436F7 of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000".

It's happen only on few Avi file not all, why ? I don' t know.
If somebody can help me, I'll appreciate.

Regards

minion  2002-12-06 01:19:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If this error happens only on Certain files then the problem is Most likely with the File you are encodeing..If it is a Downloaded file then the problem could be that the AVI file is Corrupted...

Question - TE25 - .ac3 FILE SUPPORT? No.31571
Dan Wagner  2002-12-05 23:40:07 ( ID:caf78aw50al )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does TMPG support an AC3 output? I need to have the audio portion of an AVI file encoded as .ac3... the video half worked great!

Dan

monyong  2002-12-05 23:49:36 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It does not support ac3 but you can use TMPGenc MPEGTool to mux a m2v and ac3 file.

minion  2002-12-06 01:15:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will need to Get an AC3 encoder to encode the audio to ac3 then you can use AVI-Mux to mux the ac3 to the avi file...AC3 encoders are Expensive and quite slow compared to other audio encoders...

Bug report - TE25 - Non standart bitrate bug No.31569
Dodo  2002-12-05 23:01:12 ( ID:5y4j2ipfpal )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In the latest versions, changing the bitrate for audio or video doesn't change the resulting file's size ! I want to be able to be able to reduce the size of my file, can I ?

Or is it because the software players would not read standart compliant bitrate settings in mpeg1 ?

I hope this bug will be resolved.

minion  2002-12-06 01:13:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is Bug in the Latest version If you run the file through the Multiplexor of a Different version of Tmpgenc it should shrink the file by removeing the excess Padding..The bug should be removed in the next version...

Question - TE25 - Mr. No.31567
matz300  2002-12-05 22:18:17 ( ID:0uhfloklg3f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi folks i have a problem
in FAQ i could read about "streaming writing error" and they say that maybe there isn't enough HDD space on the temp and target HDD so my TMPGEnc progi tells me i need approxi. 4,300 gig HDD space. i have over 6 gig free HDD space and still get the message "streaming writing error"!

can somebody help me pls ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

thx in advanced

matz300

minion  2002-12-05 22:47:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Might need More that 6gb if you are doing a Long movie...Tmpgenc Caches Information collected while encodeing In a Temp file and that temp file can get up to and over 5gb Plus the size of the file you are encodeing could take you well over 6 gb.....

Question - TE25 - Avi to DVD. Problem with dvd standalone playback No.31553
monyong  2002-12-05 21:54:36 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I've been using TMPGenc to do my DVD encode using the NTSC movie/film template with 2.58 Plus trial using 2 pass VBR setting. My source is 23.87fps. I didn;t change the Template default setting of 23.97fps(internally 29.97fps) and 3:2 pulldown on playback. After encoding i author it using Ulead DVD workshop and it burn ok. But when i tried it on PS2 and and APex 1201, Picture will skip and freeze. But DVD work fine on Sony and Toshiba Standalone just not on PS2 and Apex. I thought it was ulead problem, so i author with DVDit PE and get same results. Its not a media problem since i'm using Pioneer DVD-RW and Verbatim DVD-RW. Problems was solve when i let ulead workshop encode for me instead and disc play fine on all dvd player. But encoding with ulead doesn't give much control over the end product size and quality and sometimes ulead encoding lead to audio sync but picture are not jumpy or freezing.

Anyone having any success with TMPgenc using templates? or do we have to change settings? What kind of settings do i have to use so that DVD compatiable with PS2 or Apex?

minion  2002-12-05 22:45:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You know the answer to your Problem cuz you Posted it in your Question...You said you DIDn"t set the Frame rate to 23.9/29.9fps Internally..A NTSC DVD Has to have a Frame rate of 29.9fps, there is No Standard in DVD that lets you use 23.9FPS so ALL NTSC DVD Frame rates Have to be 29.97fps..You should have used the "23.9/29.9 Internally" setting if you have a 23.9FPS source, But if you are ripping a DVD Then you Shouldn"t use the Forced Film option in DVD2AVI Cuz 23.9fps is not DVD Compliant....

monyong  2002-12-05 23:10:54 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I mean i did use the 23.97fps(internally 29.97fps) and 3:2 pulldown on Playback. What i was meaning to say in the previous message is i didn't change anything in the NTSC DVD Film standard template.

wcpaul  2002-12-06 01:09:57 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it works fine to use forced film with DVD2AVI and then use "3:2 pulldown when playback" during encoding. That way you get flawless 29.97 to 23.976 conversion in DVD2AVI without having to do an adaptive inverse telecine. And you get progressive 29.97 encoding (via repeat field flags) in TMPG instead of interlaced.

The only problem I have is that time display on a DVD player in progressive mode runs slow. It increments the counter every 30 frames even though the display rate is 24fps. Don't know whether this is an MPEG file issue or an authoring issues.

monyong  2002-12-06 02:01:17 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think Force Film in DVD2aVi just remove the flags from MPEG with 3:2 flags that was ripped from dvd. It cant open avi anyway. I also use bitrate viewer to view the difference between files converted from TMPGenc and ulead. I found the only difference is the scan type. Ulead clip have scan type of Alternate while TMPgEnc have scan type of Zigzag. No sure if it makes a difference. But anyone know how to make TMPGEnc encode with scan type of alternate?

minion  2002-12-06 08:30:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encodeing With 23.9/29.9 internally Doesn"t give you a 29.9fps Progressive File..It turns 23.9fps into 29.9fps Interlaced...It does the Exact opposite of what the "Forced Film" does in DVD2AVI so Doing "Forced Film" is a Redundant Proscess. If you are useing Forced film to Make it 23.9fps then useing Tmpgenc to turn it back to 29.9fps,then you are getting the same file as if you Didn"t use Forced film at all, so useing the Forced film is a Redundant proscess ..

B_Racer  2002-12-06 10:37:47 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

> It turns 23.9fps into 29.9fps Interlaced...

That's absolutly wrong!

You HAVE to use Forced Film (if the Source if Film-Source!).
On most NTSC-DVDs, the Videos are stored with 23.97 FpS (progressive). The 3:2 Pulldown on Playback-Flag has to be set, so the Player repeats some Fields to produce 29.96 FpS while Playback.
So, a correct authored NTSC-DVD with Film-Source NEVER includes interlaced Video with 29.96 FpS.
If you are not using Forced Film in DVD2AVI, you will get a wrong interlaced Video with 29.96 FpS which includes blendet Frames (bad quality). If you use this Option, you will get a smooth and clear Frame-based Video without Blendings an with 23.97 FpS. That's what DVD-Standard say's about NTSC!

ASHY  2002-12-06 12:42:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

B_Racer is right Minion. You should always use the ForcedFilm option in DVD2AVI to return FILM sources back to their original 23.976 fps progressive state.

Due to the way 3:2 pulldown works, this causes problems with blended frames and interlacing artifacts when attempting to encode it. The best way to encode 3:2 pulldown sources is to remove the extra fields using IVTC or the better way is using DVD2AVI.
You will then have a very clean source which should not need any de-interlacing and have no problems encoding.

Using the '3:2 pulldown when playback' option will telecine this Movie to make it compatible for NTSC playback and also saves on file size because there are no actual extra frames in the file just flags. The extra frames are created by the player.
This means that a 23.976 MPEG encoded with pulldown will take up less space than a real 29.97 fps MPEG.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-06 13:06:16 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I think it works fine to use forced film with DVD2AVI and then use "3:2 pulldown when playback" during encoding. That way you get flawless 29.97 to 23.976 conversion in DVD2AVI without having to do an adaptive inverse telecine. And you get progressive 29.97 encoding (via repeat field flags) in TMPG instead of interlaced.

Once 3:2 pulldown is applied to a source, the movie is no longer using progressive frames, so you can't have a 29.97 fps progressive movie.
The movie will indeed be interlaced as is required by the DVD standard for NTSC playback. The standards state NTSC DVD must playback at at a rate of 29.97 fps and be interlaced.

Interlacing is a process of using one frame and splitting it into 2 fields. Without these fields 3:2 pulldown just wouldn't be able to work.
3:2 Pulldown is a process of overlaying 1 frame on to three fields therefore all NTSC DVDs are actually Interlaced Video, but stored as FILM.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-12-06 13:32:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I think it works fine to use forced film with DVD2AVI and then use "3:2 pulldown when playback" during encoding. That way you get flawless 29.97 to 23.976 conversion in DVD2AVI without having to do an adaptive inverse telecine. And you get progressive 29.97 encoding (via repeat field flags) in TMPG instead of interlaced.

Once 3:2 pulldown is applied to a source, the movie is no longer using progressive frames, so you can't have a 29.97 fps progressive movie.
The movie will indeed be interlaced as is required by the DVD standard for NTSC playback. The standards state NTSC DVD must playback at at a rate of 29.97 fps and be interlaced.

Interlacing is a process of using one frame and splitting it into 2 fields. Without these fields 3:2 pulldown just wouldn't be able to work.
3:2 Pulldown is a process of overlaying 1 frame on to three fields therefore all NTSC DVDs are actually Interlaced Video, but stored as FILM.

ASHY

minion  2002-12-06 21:29:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So I was Right Partly,There is no such thing as 29.9fps Progressive DVD"s...

monyong  2002-12-06 23:27:52 ( ID:csi6o2zwy6r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Dont know what im doing wrong. My avi source is 23.976 fps. I use 3:2 pulldown on playback and 23.976fps(internally 29.976fps) . It play fine on PC and some standalone but is jerky and freezing on some Standalone. Anyone have a template for TMPGenc 2.59 that works for converting avi 23.976fps to DVD NTSC standard?

ASHY  2002-12-07 12:45:43 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You may not be doing anything wrong except using crap disks.
Just because a disk plays fine in one player, it doesn't mean it will play in the next. Some machines are less tolerant to cheap disks. If your disk plays fine in one player then it's obvious there is nothing wrong with your encoding.

ASHY

BubbaLeRoy  2002-12-24 17:40:35 ( ID:7rkyoga0jww )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>Dont know what im doing wrong. My avi source is 23.976 fps. I use 3:2 pulldown on playback and 23.976fps(internally 29.976fps) . It play fine on PC and some standalone but is jerky and freezing on some Standalone. Anyone have a template for TMPGenc 2.59 that works for converting avi 23.976fps to DVD NTSC standard?

I had the same jerkeyness problem. Until...
What I do is DVD2AVI (Forced Film) then load the project in TMPGEnc.Input progressive. Output interlaced. Works great on my settop players.

I do have a template I use. Also working on a HowTo with:
NTSC Films with DD AC3
Smartripper
DVD2AVI
IFOEdit
TMPGEnc
Nero
Start to finish backups of movie only working well.
Minority Report is churning away as we speek on another PC.

Question - TE25 - MPEG2 reading problem - Part 2.... No.31551
Carrot007  2002-12-05 20:44:16 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok. Thanks for the reply, and a few more bits.....

A. Ligos has seemed to start working overnight! Didn't do anything, not even a restart! Cyberlink is still doing its half height thing though!

B. RE: DVD2AVI
So making a .d2v file will make for a better conversion? Any setting to configure, What about the sound? (can it be got from the .d2v or do i need to take it from the source mpeg?) I'll go have a play but advice here would be appreciated.

minion  2002-12-05 21:38:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When Useing DVD2AVi on Mpeg2 files it will Demux the Audio and Make a D2V file ,you just encode the D2V file and that is all you need to encode ,then after the D2V file is Finnished being encoded you take the audio that DVD2AVI de-Muxed from the original Mpeg and Mux it with the Newly encoded Mpeg file..The is No need to re-encode the audio Cuz it is allready in the Correct Format for Mpeg Video....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.