Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 670 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TmpgEnc version comparison test Andi2911 2 2002-10-24 13:47:04
Question TE25 Dropped audio on multi-segment avi files Adam 2 2002-10-30 10:52:49
Question TE25 Cutting Mpegs in a batch ! Inferno 1 2002-10-23 16:57:56
Question TE25 Dropped audio on multi-segment avi files Adam 2 2002-10-23 20:35:02
Question TE25 TmpgEnc 2.58 "unknown media" dgbowen 0 2002-10-23 14:01:05
Question TE25 Tmpgenc 2-pass encoding-Motion Search/Opimisation John 1 2002-10-28 10:21:35
Question TE25 Mr PaulT 3 2002-10-24 09:20:19
Question TE25 Can you put chapters in an mpeg movie like dvd? lonewolf1 3 2002-10-24 19:01:14
Question TE25 sound quality jurtje 2 2002-10-24 03:01:27
Free talk TE25 avi-mpg conversion question + mov question Mark Dekker 4 2002-10-23 20:22:48
Question TE25 change from avi to mpeg ben 1 2002-10-23 07:56:08
Free talk TE25 VBR encoding ABS 0 2002-10-22 21:37:01

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 670 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TmpgEnc version comparison test No.29782
Andi2911  2002-10-23 17:12:32 ( ID:edy2s85aaw2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is the encoding quality in "highest quality" motion estimation search more worse than in "normal quality" Mode????

See the test report:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/tmpgenc_test.html

Regards,
Andi

ASHY  2002-10-23 17:46:18 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Not this again...
Don't believe a word of that crap. I have done the tests some time ago and cannot find any foundation for the claims.
Do some tests yourself and I'm sure you will agree with me.

ASHY

B_Racer  2002-10-24 13:47:04 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hehe, this idiot does not have any idea, what Motion Prediction IS (or how it works)!
If you are encoding DVD-Source to (S)VCD, the best Settings are Motion Estimate or High, but never Highest.
The only Thing, Highest can be used for, is to encode Interlaced Video.
Why the Hell are some people to dump to do a simple Test with CQ and different Motion-Search settings and having a lokk on the resulting Bitrates? They will say erverything!

Question - TE25 - Dropped audio on multi-segment avi files No.29779
Adam  2002-10-23 16:24:14 ( ID:0ue6vwhmujh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sure this is an old problem.

I have 11 .avi segments captured with virtualDub(50 minutes of video). I batch convert the avi files using the DVD-low template(system vid+aud). The first mpg file is fine, but subsequent mpg files have audio for only about the first 30seconds, then no more audio. Video is unaffected. I tried using an external audio compressor (toolame), but it didn't help, so I guess that TMPGencoder is blocking the audio.

I know it's possible to extract a wav file via virtual dub, compress it, then multiplex it back with the merged .mpgs in TMPGencoder, but I find I then get lip-sync problems.

Any reason why I should not be able to batch encode multi-segment avi's without lossing audio in the first place?

Many thanks.

ASHY  2002-10-23 16:55:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First of all why are you doing it this way? It's no wonder you are having problems. Merging that many MPEGs is not a good idea.

The way you should be doing it is to frameserve the files from Virtualdub to TMPG.
Because you have already created the segmented AVI's with Virtualdub the segments will have flags which tells Virtualdub to look for the next file in the sequence automatically and saves you having to merge them together after encoding.
Doing it this way the segments will be encoded by TMPG as one file and will probably solve your problem.

If you need info how to set up the frameserver have a look in the Virtualdub help files.

ASHY

Adam  2002-10-30 10:52:49 ( ID:0ue6vwhmujh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Works a treat with fileserving.

Many thanks.

Question - TE25 - Cutting Mpegs in a batch ! No.29777
Inferno  2002-10-23 16:10:05 ( ID:cfb2qzoieko )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

Is it posible to cut an mpeg file in small slises like 2 min eatch.

I have a mpeg file with is 20 mins long, and i want to cut it in to 2 mins slises, is it posible to do that in a bactch proses, or do i need to do it manualy ?

Thanks.
Morten

ASHY  2002-10-23 16:57:56 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are attempting to create chapters then the easier solution is to use VCDeasy which will allow you to put in the chapters yourself without all that hmessing about.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Dropped audio on multi-segment avi files No.29774
Adam  2002-10-23 16:03:59 ( ID:0ue6vwhmujh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm sure this is an old problem.

I have 11 .avi segments captured with virtualDub(50 minutes of video). I batch convert the avi files using the DVD-low template(system vid+aud). The first mpg file is fine, but subsequent mpg files have audio for only about the first 30seconds, then no more audio. Video is unaffected. I tried using an external audio compressor (toolame), but it didn't help, so I guess that TMPGencoder is blocking the audio.

I know it's possible to extract a wav file via virtual dub, compress it, then multiplex it back with the merged .mpgs in TMPGencoder, but I find I then get lip-sync problems.

Any reason why I should not be able to batch encode multi-segment avi's without lossing audio in the first place?

Many thanks.

Minion  2002-10-23 20:32:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This should only happen if the audio is of a Compressed format like MP3, and I have noticed the same problem with sync when useing V-Dub to extract the audio, so what seems to solve the problem is to Use "Sound Forge" to extract the audio to wav, it will allways extract the audio to the same length as your video file so there for there is not Sync issues........

Minion  2002-10-23 20:35:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

PS: Frameserveing might solve the problems...

Question - TE25 - TmpgEnc 2.58 "unknown media" No.29773
dgbowen  Home )  2002-10-23 14:01:05 ( ID:aitjvxtmffr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I notice that, right before starting to encode, 2.58 now says "unknown media type" in the drop down box that used to list different sized blank CDs. The sliding bar that allows one to adjust the bitrate to fit a particular type is greyed....why? How can I get this back on again?
-Don

Question - TE25 - Tmpgenc 2-pass encoding-Motion Search/Opimisation No.29771
John  2002-10-23 11:58:46 ( ID:znjng4lnny2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone really know how Tmpgenc handles the 2nd pass for VBR-2pass.
Is only the bitrate optimised in the second pass or is the motion search also optimised in the second pass?? Please some details or a Link.

Please no guessing, only answer if you actually know 100%(would be great if someone involved in the development Tmpgenc could answer:))

John  2002-10-28 10:21:35 ( ID:znjng4lnny2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

No Ideas anyone?

Question - TE25 - Mr No.29767
PaulT  2002-10-23 10:07:08 ( ID:.sesfvngmah )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the TMPG SDK. Pegasys are saying they no longer sell it.

Thanks

Minion  2002-10-23 20:27:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What is Tmpgenc SDK?????

ASHY  2002-10-23 23:38:54 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Software Developer Kit.
As far as I'm aware an SDK is used to create software such as plugins and tools which will work with the particular program you have the SDK for.

ASHY

Perry  2002-10-24 09:20:19 ( ID:pk25sbtqxog )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Heck, I would like to get a hold of the SDK as well. It might just have the info I need in order to parse the TPR file correctly.

Question - TE25 - Can you put chapters in an mpeg movie like dvd? No.29763
lonewolf1  2002-10-23 03:24:54 ( ID:0t52nryd6ij )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This may be a stupid question and the answer right in front of me but!!!
Okay I convert an avi to mep to play on my dvd. But with my dvd if I try to fast forward it brings me back to the begining menu and I have to start watch ing from the begining again.
So can I insert chapters like on a dvd so say I waych a 1/4 of the movie and want to go to bed and watch where I left off tomorrow?
I know there must be away but I haven't hit the right combanation lol! Also any ideas why I can't fast forward or use other options on my dvd player with a burnt cd mpeg?

Minion  2002-10-23 08:27:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you can and a VCD/SVCD isn"t really worth watching without them I think(up yours NERO)But you need a VCD/SVCD authoring program, you can make Menu"s and chapters and Titles and inset animation and your own sound tracks in the menu"s and titles add buttons on the screen that corespond with buttons on your DVD Remote so you can easily navigate you VCD/SVCD movie..With SVCD"s you can even add subtitles and another audio track...There quite a Few program out there for doing this but not all are very good either because of a bad interface or just to complex for doing something that shouldn"t be...But a Good one is "Ulead DVD Workshop 1.2" you can download a Fully functional 30day trial version from there web site at : http://www.ulead.com/ it will take a Bit to learn cuz there is quite a Bit to it...good luck...

wcpaul  2002-10-23 21:59:11 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I also use Ulead because it supports complex designs (and 16:9) but Dazzle DVD Complete has the easiest chapter/thumbnail selection process. Motion thumbnails are no extra work and once chapters are selected, fully functional menus are automatically generated. It is also cheap.

NeWcS  2002-10-24 19:01:14 ( ID:jfkv6kzjqif )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.vcdeasy.org/

Question - TE25 - sound quality No.29760
jurtje  2002-10-23 02:39:57 ( ID:hqkny9pqgkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert an avi file into a video CD mpeg file, the sound gets very crappy, like metalic sounding. It usn't be like that. What could be the problem?

Minion  2002-10-23 08:18:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well when you encode your files with tmpgenc the audio has to have it"s sample rate converted then the format uncompressed then recompressed to a new format and it is a Fairly complicated job to without looseing Quality and the Ausio encoder in Tmpgenc isn"t very good so what you can do is get the External audio encoder and sample rate converter plugins for Tmpgenc, the audiop encoders are called "Toolame" and "SCMPX" and for Sample rate converters you can use SCMPX or SSRC, you install then by going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "external tools" then browse for the appropriate file..You can find these programs on Google or any other search engine...

jurtje  2002-10-24 03:01:27 ( ID:hqkny9pqgkh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the advice, I've tried it, and it seems to work perfectly.

Free talk - TE25 - avi-mpg conversion question + mov question No.29755
Mark Dekker  Home )  2002-10-23 00:27:55 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay i've got 3 questions:

1. when i convert a divx movie to videocd mpg, i can play it normally with windows, when i burn it with Nero, and play it in my DVD player, it also works, but after 10-30 minutes, the movie is gowing slower, the sound stays the same, then the movie plays faster to synchronize with the sound.
also i noticed conversion works better when i turn on inverse telecine, it stutters less.
Does this has anything to do with my dvd player, it plays normal not converted videocd mpgs in good quality.
I mean, downloaded mpgs is no problem, why is it a problem if i try to convert divx movies to mpg.
Can anyone please help me ?

2. When i convert it to mpg2, it seems to work better, the only problem is i only get 30 minutes of film on one cd, i can ofcourse reduce the size but i do not know if this will affect the quality.

3. Converting from mov to mpg doesn't work, only the movies are working but there is no sound.
Why is this ?

If anyone can help me, i will be grateful
greetz
Mark Dekker

Minion  2002-10-23 08:13:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know on my DVD Player when I get the video slowing down and the audio stays the same then the video speeds up to be in Sysc again it is sometimes called Jumpy Playback, Jumpy playback can be caused By Quite a few things..Like encodeing to a different frame rate as the source file..Encodeing to a bitrate that is too High, or sometimes you can get bitrate spikes caused by the encoder or by high motion scenes or complex scenes,which you player cant handle..Simular effects can be had by haveing the Incorrect "Field Order" set for interlaced film..If you are getting only 30 minutes of Mpeg2 on a CD-r then that is definately quite High and too high for most DVD Players, I can usually get 45-55 minutes of VBR Mpeg2/svcd on a CD-R with Great Quality...The reason the there is No audio with MOV files is probably because the audio format in MOV files is not supported, you get this with every type of file depending on the audio format..The audio needs to be extracted and encoded or De-Compressed to a format like WAV that tmpgenc can encode to MP2 audio..Inverse telicline only works with Files that have previously been teleclined and at 23.9/24FPS...

ABS  2002-10-23 16:02:13 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After I had installed Quicktime 5.5, TMPGEnc could open any MOV file I gave it without any problem, so I sugest you try that too...

ABS

Mark Dekker  Home )  2002-10-23 20:06:13 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But most of the DIVX movies are 30 frames, i convert them to 24, so they can be played on a PAL, if i use inverse telecine the movie becomes less shocking.
But i do not understand that mpg's that are downloaded that way are better quality then the movies that i convert, the divx movies i convert have those jumpy parts but the normal mpgs do not have that, and i just want to know how i can fix it.
Like i said, converting to mpg2 solves the problem, but it takes too long...
hmmm what can i do.
greetz
Mark Dekker

Minion  2002-10-23 20:22:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well that is your problem...If you telicline a 30FPS file to 24FPS it still isn"t Pal, 24Fps is NTSC Film..And if you telicline it to 24FPS then encode it to Pal that won"t work either Cuz Tmpgenc does not do NTSC to Pal conversions(not properly)..If you want to turn NTSC to Pal you need a NTSC/PAL converter like ProCoder,Advanced NTSC/Pal Converter or even AVISYnth has a Good NTSC/Pal converting Command but Tmpgenc will not do it correctly...

Question - TE25 - change from avi to mpeg No.29753
ben  2002-10-22 23:12:56 ( ID:82zqdopxre6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i try to encode an avi file to video cd(NTSCfilm) which was a match in frame rate the picture works but the sound is unsupported or unable to read. yet it played perfect on media player any help would be much app.ta

Minion  2002-10-23 07:56:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you need to Extract the audio from the AVI file to a WAV file with something like "Virtual Dub" then use that as the audio source but if the audio os AC3 you will need a AC3 Decoder ..

Free talk - TE25 - VBR encoding No.29752
ABS  2002-10-22 21:37:01 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have decided that my next article will be about VBR Encoding.
The article will start by giving General info about VBR and then will talk about TMPGEnc. Later I might add info on CCE, though first I need to find a water-mark-free version to work with...

While still collecting information, it would be usefull if you
could post here, or e-mail me, some VBR expirience you have had or opintions or whatever comes to your mind. All feedback is wellcomed!

www.geocities.com/mpegobsession/

ABS

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.