Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 675 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Color banding on new windows 2000 install immudium 1 2002-10-18 22:39:15
Question TE25 Ask about hardware PCI card for TMPG f0w1 1 2002-10-18 21:13:19
Question TE25 2 Gig Transfer Limit over Network jwburnum 2 2002-10-18 23:47:08
Question TE25 Choppy sound Mr_pils 1 2002-10-18 21:07:57
Question TE25 Does Anyone use IFOEdit with TMPEnc to backup up DVDs? chriscox 0 2002-10-18 12:24:59
Question TE25 tmpgenc converted ac3 to easy. quest 8 2002-10-20 23:35:54
Question TE25 Can't open DV AVI on Windows XP Yuvakaew 2 2002-10-18 11:14:37
Question TE25 Error# -537403781 99552 HELP ?? Jberyle 5 2002-10-24 19:50:47
Question TE25 Buffer underflow ????? Andrian 0 2002-10-18 00:55:51
Question TE25 Playing VCD dat files bob jemmett 1 2002-10-18 10:58:16
Question TE25 xvid subzero 1 2002-10-18 09:50:48
Question TE25 This is about DVD burning kpc180 1 2002-10-18 09:50:23

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 675 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Color banding on new windows 2000 install No.29558
immudium  2002-10-18 19:19:14 ( ID:zfogcfaiisc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been having terrible problems with color banding using TMPGEnc. Solid colors also look washed out and pixelated. So I decided to try a fresh install of Windows 2000, only installing the bare minimum, to eliminate any interference of other .dlls or codecs. What I am trying to do is convert a HDTV transport stream into SVCD or DVD format. I am using HDTV2MPEG2 to convert the transport stream file into mpeg2 (TMPGEnc doesn't have the ability to separate the subchannels AFAIK). Then I am using DVD2AVIT3 from trbarry to create a .d2v file and I write a .avs script with two lines:
LoadPlugin("mpeg2dec2.dll")
Mpeg2Source("video.d2v")

For my latest fresh install, I only had win2k, directx 8.1, windvd 4.0 divx 5.02 and avisynth 2.06 installed. I ran tmpgenc, increased the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader priority to "1" loaded my .avs file and STILL had the color banding and general problems with color. The steps I list above using .avs scripts have worked flawlessly before with the same version of tmpgenc, so I can't see what is different now. Can anybody else see what could be causing these color problems? The divx codec? WinDVD?

As a side note, I have an NVidia ti4600 using the 30.82 drivers which were the same drivers used when tmpgenc worked correctly. Also the source mpeg2 files I am using were successfully encoded into the NTSC dvd format available through the wizard without any color problems whatsoever. Now I am trying to reencode these exact same files again and the color problems persist in the preview windows and final encoding. Also any other mpeg file I import shows the color problem in the preview window and final encoding. Thanks for any help.

Immudium

ASHY  2002-10-18 22:39:15 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Try disabling the direct show filter.
AVIsynth files work better under VFW without directshow enabled.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Ask about hardware PCI card for TMPG No.29556
f0w1  2002-10-18 18:50:40 ( ID:pdf1tpc0mna )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Currently, I purely use my Athlon CPU + DDR RAM + Harddisk to covert MPEG4 AVI file to MPEG2 AVI files for DVD burnings. The encoding/converting time is too slow. 2x - 8x times I need (depends on quality)

I want ask if there is any hardware(PCI card, capture card) so that I can use TMPG as my software and that hardware card as my speed up coding card to finish the task?

Thanks

f0w1

Minion  2002-10-18 21:13:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well all that would really help is a Faster CPU, but what would be easier is to use a Faster encoder..The new Main Concept encoder 1.2 is a great Mpeg1/2 encoder with encodeing speed Close to that of CCE with Quality Close to CCE and it has Lots of Options...I can encode SVCD files at real time with it...

Question - TE25 - 2 Gig Transfer Limit over Network No.29553
jwburnum  2002-10-18 17:41:54 ( ID:4m4bf7he8dl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a 5 Gig DV file from Final Cut Pro on my Mac that I need to transfer to my PC to compress with Tmpgenc. I just realized the issue of the 2 Gig limit on transfers between computers. I would like to split the files and rejoin them on my pc but I haven't had any luck. I don't want to burn the files to transfers because I'll be doing more transfers in the future. I've looked at the application "hjsplit" but I can't seem to get the java version working on my mac. So if any one knows how to split files on a mac into smaller chunks and rejoin them on a pc as if it was the original DV that would be great. TIA

Jeremy

Squished Squirrel  2002-10-18 19:00:35 ( ID:gaq1ha9lar. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the OSX ftp server. What I do is crank up the FTP server is OSX (Sharing panel in Preferences), then log into the Mac from the PC. I use the command line FTP client on my NT box to suck the file over. (Make sure to issue a bin command to set it to binary mode.)

I regularly pull over 5-7GB files for compression with TMPEGenc.

What I am doing right this moment is compressing a DV clip that is sitting my My Mac Laptop by using OSX PC file sharing. My PC has my home folder on the Mac mapped as a drive letter by using Map a Drive and specifying "\macsIPaddressmyusername". Your username and passwords should match for both PC and OSX to avoid problems in some situations. That way, the source file can stay right on the Mac, and I can save the output there too. (The files have to be in your user directory.)

I haven't tried doing a 2GB+ file this way yet.

jwburnum  2002-10-18 23:47:08 ( ID:4m4bf7he8dl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have 9.2OS still on the Mac. I can't upgrade untill the Pro Tools software is available. I'm currently using Timbuktu to transfer between the computers and have Dave running on the Mac to share folder between the two computers. So the OSX will have to wait untill later this year. I love your idea and I actually tried that with my setup but TMPEGenc will not allow me to pull the source file off my mac. I believe it's because of the 2gig limit still. My Pc sees the file on the mac as a much smaller size than the 5 gigs. So I'm stuck with a large file that I can't transfer to my pc. Thanks Squirrel

Any other ideas?

Question - TE25 - Choppy sound No.29551
Mr_pils  2002-10-18 14:07:50 ( ID:5dc38tkcmkk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i use a VBR bitrate i get choppy sound when there's an action-scene. I have a DVD LG5083. I use VirtualDub and frameserve to TMPGenc. Video looks good but sound is messed up.

Minion  2002-10-18 21:07:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean when you are playing it on your DVD Player the audio Cuts out durring High Motion Scenes...This is cause from Bitrate spikes..If the bitrate spikes above the max for your DVD Player then the audio will cut out ,as I have experienced this on a Number of occations...You have to lower the Max bitrate in your settings...Tmpgenc has a Bad habbit of haveing Bitrate spikes that are Much higher than the bitrate you set, a bug they have never fixed...

Question - TE25 - Does Anyone use IFOEdit with TMPEnc to backup up DVDs? No.29550
chriscox  2002-10-18 12:24:59 ( ID:7mxbid.tyih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone use TMPEnc with IFOEdit to re-encode MPEG-2 files for backing up DVDs to DVD-R?

If so, has anyone found the problem of freezing when the streams are remuxed and have you managed to fix it?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc converted ac3 to easy. No.29541
quest  2002-10-18 11:16:36 ( ID:ku9bu782yyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

this might be a newby question but i have to ask.
i have 4 movies all divx ac3 sound (varified with vdub)
and as a test i put my video into tmpgenc and left the audio
at the defalt "xxxx.avi" converted it and it played perfectly in
my standalone player without the change to .wav or .mp2
now my question is what happened to the audio?
was it converted to something else?
was it left as .ac3?
i cant seem to find a program to veiw the properties of the
finished mpg file so this is why i'm asking.

ASHY  2002-10-18 22:27:28 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you encoded the AVI with TMPG and the result was a movie with sound then the audio is without doubt mp2 audio.
This must be due to the fact that somewhere you or a program has installed a compatible ac3 filter which TMPG is using to decode the audio.

ASHY

quest  2002-10-18 22:34:18 ( ID:ku9bu782yyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

all i had to do is install nemo's codec pack.
do you know of any program to check the properties of the mpeg it created?
winxp won't open it with a "summery" and vdub wont touch it.

ASHY  2002-10-18 22:44:53 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/mpeg_properties.cfm#download

ASHY

quest  2002-10-19 02:03:23 ( ID:ku9bu782yyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

tried it
it came up "error in audio packet header".
the same error i get with vdub.
thanks anyway

ASHY  2002-10-19 17:04:47 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You obviously have a problem with the audio in the file then which is causing the problem.
De-multiplex the audio from the MPEG and convert it to a wav file then re-encode the audio only using TMPG or another program such as dbpoweramp to an .mp2 and re-multiplex it with your video file.
You should then have no problems cutting the file.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-19 17:13:38 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think I have just realised what you are trying to do.
If the error you are recieving in Virtualdub is 'MPEG Import filter:Pack synchronization error' then the the reason why is because you are trying to open an MPEG2 file which is not supported by Virtualdub or MPEG properties.

If you want to see what streams the MPEG contains load the file into the de-multiplexer (not the simple de-multiplexer) in the MPEG tools and it will show you the type of streams the MPEG contains and should say mp2.

ASHY

quest  2002-10-19 21:33:19 ( ID:ku9bu782yyc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks ashy
it worked, it changed the ac3 to "mpeg-1 audio layer-2 44100hz 224kbps"
now for another question.
is there a way in the audio settings that i can keep the sound as is?
when i go to the audio tab the settings are blocked out.
i wouldent be bothering but i save at least 6 hours of extracting audio then putting into mp2 then multiplexing together.

ASHY  2002-10-20 23:35:54 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

6 hours of extracting audio??? From what.
I don't understand what you are trying to do.
You cannot multiplex and Ac3 file with an MPEG if you are creating VCD/SVCD. It simply will not work. Your player will not recognize the audio in the MPEG as it is not a supported format.
Ac3 can only be used with DVD when playing on your DVD player.

The easiest way to encode an AVI with Ac3 is to simply extract the audio from the file to a wav and load this into TMPG as the audio, but it seems this is unecessary for you as you have an Ac3 filter installed which is allowing TMPG to decode the Ac3 audio directly and encode it to Mp2.

If you just load the AVI as is into TMPG it should encode it without a problem without all this unecessary extracting and multiplexing you are talking about.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Can't open DV AVI on Windows XP No.29538
Yuvakaew  2002-10-18 09:14:34 ( ID:ebrkm.fuvgk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have problem of opening Microsoft DV AVI file (captured from camcorder by using Premiere 6.0 on Windows ME) on Windows XP Home Edition. It also has problem in most of softwares except Premiere 6.0.

Regards.

Yuvakaew

ASHY  2002-10-18 11:10:22 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you installed the relevant codec required to open the file?

ASHY

ASHY  2002-10-18 11:14:37 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have a look here for info.
http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/tech/stream/vidcap/dvavi.asp

Question - TE25 - Error# -537403781 99552 HELP ?? No.29532
Jberyle  2002-10-18 01:34:09 ( ID:qy3ptyzvxlh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error comes up multiple times when trying to encode my mpeg from a divx avi. Any thought? where do I find out what this error means?

Thanks!

tobyni  2002-10-18 05:09:49 ( ID:qualsxlqpwn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Same here, I get the same errors every few frames, but only with Divx files...

tRe  2002-10-18 08:09:34 ( ID:pceu7mobsi. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Likewise with me. I go to convert the avi and when it starts I get continual errors popping up. eg 'ERROR: 537403781 589824' I'm not sure if its the same problem or not but can someone help?

ABS  2002-10-18 08:35:07 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had a problem of "Illeagal floating point" that wouldn't go away until I deleted Tmpgenc.ini, don't know if it could help you though... But in any case you have to remember that when doing so, all the Q-Matrixes that you made yourself and saved are lost...

ASHY  2002-10-19 17:24:20 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This error usually pops up when the AVI is corrupted in some way such as corrupt frames.
At a guess, the first part of the error, which is always the same, is an error code (don't ask me what) and the second could be the packet number or the frame number in the file that has the problem.

Either way it is likely due to a corrupt file and one which you have probably downloaded.
You may be able to get around the problem by frame serving from virtualdub or if you prefer just use Virtualdub to try and 'fix' the AVI by creating another AVI using the direct stream copy option.

ASHY

eric  2002-10-24 19:50:47 ( ID:m3zfu.cq9kn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got the same message
BUT
when i changed adio from stereo to dual channel it went away
but know i've got an erro -195993832214400
any answers

Question - TE25 - Buffer underflow ????? No.29531
Andrian  2002-10-18 00:55:51 ( ID:oycyzbxb0cc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Experts, help...!!!!!

I want to encode mpg2 stream to mpg2 stream, what i did are:
1. de-mux the mp2 file
2. encode the video file to mpg1
3. mux the audio to the resulting video ==> my system is now mpg1

But when it finished, it gave me message : " 49673 s packets cause buffer underflow, the mpeg file might cause eoor when it played "

When I tried to played the file, it is in mpg1 mode, but no video/picture/blank...can open the media screen, but it is blank,...the audio is just fine.....

Anyone can helppp........??????? Thank heaps........

Question - TE25 - Playing VCD dat files No.29529
bob jemmett  2002-10-17 23:32:55 ( ID:zsvsj8s7lrk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help.

I have a phillips DVD player and Hollywood real magic decoder, but I can not play VCD movies. I have tried a number of different players (WIN DCD, Power DVD. TMPG). I have MOrgan Multimedia codec installed and Windows Media player (Latest version) and whenever I try and play a VCD I always get an unsupported file format message. Any suggestion to help me would be appreciated.

Thanks

ASHY  2002-10-18 10:58:16 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are clicking directly on the .dat file itself? Try dragging the .dat file directly on to the WinDVD shortcut.
If that doesn't work then there is something wrong with your MPEG file and seems to be invalid.

Are these VCD's standard VCD's and where did you get them?

Try running the .dat file through the simple multiplexer in TMPG and choose 'MPEG1 VCD' as the stream type then play with WinDVD.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - xvid No.29527
subzero  2002-10-17 23:04:25 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

will tmpg encode xvids?

Minion  2002-10-18 09:50:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes....

Question - TE25 - This is about DVD burning No.29525
kpc180  2002-10-17 22:12:25 ( ID:kppgrhps1oc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok I'm not down with all this computer lingo that most of these sites just jump into then they explain stuff. However, I'm not sure if my questions even pertains to this site but here goes, I am trying to get some things I donwloaded from KAZAA onto my DVD that I am trying to burn, but it keeps telling me to switch from PAL to NTSC and when I do they show up with their little menus so I take it that it worked but when I go to create DVD it says unknown device error check device and it brings up a little bar that show some progress of something but doesn't tell what and then when the progress bar is finished it says DVD timeout and it gives me an option to retry or cancel, when i retry it does the same thing again. There it is if someone can help it will be greatly appreciated and if they use simple steps even more so haha. Thanks

Minion  2002-10-18 09:50:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK...What is telling you to switch from Pal to NTSC??A "Unknown Device Error" is a Hardware problem...can you explain a little more clearly what you are talking ABOUT...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.