Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 684 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 PAL or NTSC DVD-R? Pwygant 1 2002-10-10 21:27:27
Request TE25 Freeze up jimbowlie 3 2002-10-25 21:09:57
Question TE25 2.58 and 2.57 seavixen 7 2002-10-10 21:54:17
Question TE25 Convert SVCD NTSC to VCD PAL Hiddendragon 3 2002-10-11 20:28:06
Question TE25 Convert .VOB files *directly*!!?? Do I miss something?? steve_d 4 2002-10-11 20:59:17
Question TE25 Problem with mpeg generation by TMPEG Mauro 2 2002-10-10 10:04:43
Question TE25 Can some help please! Adonisxx 1 2002-10-10 21:34:48
Question TE25 I upgraded to the new version, and now none of my files will load Lordaine 1 2002-10-10 21:49:08
Question TE25 how to convert rm files to vcd marc 1 2002-10-10 08:14:32
Question TE25 Tmpgenc won't run or open any file bign 2 2002-10-14 04:08:39
Question TE25 error message mr2speed 1 2002-10-10 19:16:42
Question TE25 Video Resize Homie C 1 2002-10-10 04:22:39

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 684 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - PAL or NTSC DVD-R? No.29191
Pwygant  2002-10-10 19:29:22 ( ID:v/fkcvkaosl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello,

I have a question which I can't get answered!

I live in the US. My family lives in Europe and take DV footage and edit and have always burned to SVCD for me here. Now, we have moved to DVD-R. Today when I received the new format I tried to play it in my Pioneer DV343 and it just rolled. The screen, menu, and everything just rolled.

Here is my question:

They use Pinnacle studio 8 to edit and then author the DVD-R. (We used to use TMPGE to encode to SVCD but now they just authored direct from Pinnacle. This might be the problem. Maybe we need to just produce the AVI as ususal and then encode tyhat AVI to DVD in TMPGE?)

Could the problem be Region problem? I didn't think it would since there shouldn't be a copyright issue? Could it be another video setting in which this sets the finisihed product not to play? All these questions were to me not a problem since the Stand alone DVD-player sets it to either NTSC or PAL, I thought.

Before, using SVCD my DVD player played and displayed perfectly PAL or an NTSC signal on my TV. I can't understand why this is not working now.

Details:

They edit in Pinnacle and produce make movie: they then burn in ULEAD DVD moviefactory with menu. Picture just rolls...

Any help or guidance would be appreciated...

P.S I tried this DVD-R at our large fancy electronics place in every Pioneer DVD player on a few different TV's. Same problem...

minion  2002-10-10 21:27:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well It could be a couple things..Like On My DVD player I can Play Pal VCD"s and SVCD"s but when it comes to Pal DVD"s it doesn"t play them at all..So it could be a Format problem, unless you have a TV that is a specificly designed to play Both Pal and Ntsc and a DVD Player that says it will play Pal DVD"s then that might be the problem..I don"t know why mine and yours will play Pal SVCD"s accept that maybe it could be the Increased Pal resolution..One way you can find out if it is your TV/DVD Player is to load the DVD into your Computer and see if your Computer will play it and if your computer can play it you can think about going through the Tedius task of converting the Pal to NTSc then re-encodeing it and burning it to a DVD...

Request - TE25 - Freeze up No.29187
jimbowlie  2002-10-10 18:40:07 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a problem.. Oh yeah and I am having trouble with tmpg. I am converting Divx to Mpeg2. I get 90% done.. around frame 62104 and blammo. It just freezes and does nothing. I have dual tualatin with 768 ddr ram... Resources are not the problem. The original Divx copy can be viewed flawlessly by player2 and shows up in the preview screen of tmpg as well. I thought clever me.. I would just copy the rest of the file from the stopped frame and just combine later.. It still freezes but 10 frames later on 62104. Any ideas?

seavixeb  2002-10-10 20:51:00 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can you try 2.57?
if that will give you no problem, as it was for me, chances are 2.58 is really buggy.

Minion  2002-10-11 21:03:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems that the header or some frames get corrupted near the end of the file, you can still play Corrupted files with media Player, you can try makeing a copy of the file with V-Dub which could correct the problem ,or you can try useing V-Dub to frame serve the file to Tmpgenc...

ripper25  2002-10-25 21:09:57 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had similar problems with a DBZ film, the avi played with no errors but the enc froze and again I tried to continue from the stop bit but it crashed again. I ran the file through Eo video and it managed with a slight audio corruption around the point of the previous problem. This led me to believe that the avi had originlly been encoded with some dodgy format ie(angel potion) and the audio was damaged.

Question - TE25 - 2.58 and 2.57 No.29179
seavixen  2002-10-10 10:58:15 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello
I recently switched to 2.58 and I noticed that 40-minutes Mpeg1-VCD compliant creation is now impossible. I either get "read errors" at unpredictable timing or the system locks.
This is annoying since my rather old system takes 3.5 hours to encode 40 minutes file and to get an error after 3 hours is not the best thing one can have.....

I use Win2k, the videos are captured with VDub and originally coded as HuffYUV, so nothing really exhotic, the OS is at the latest review/patch and the PC, and the PC, an AMD K6-2@500Mhz, is very stable.

Amazing thing is that using 2.57 all is working fine as before, so I have just downgraded and sorted it out.
I would infere a bug exists in 2.58, has anybody other suggestions?
Thanks/Regards

Chip Zero  Home )  2002-10-10 18:40:41 ( ID:azd5yqbktco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This might be the same thing as what I had here: http://www.tmpgenc.net/cgi-bin/ebbs/board.cgi?board=tmpgenc#topic14979

jimbowlie  2002-10-10 18:47:43 ( ID:kzy53zrd4ec )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That is almost identical to my problem... I get to about frame 62104 out of around 74000 (40 minutes of 45) And the system just hangs. The system is still humping along with my dualie processors, but nothing is being done! It just stops. The rest of my system seems unaffected by this and I can close the tmpg down but.... Then even if I try to start conversion at the stop point and encode to the end frame it still freezes only a few frames later..

seavixeb  2002-10-10 20:46:45 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Chip Zero, I have seen your report but it does not look the same. It appears your situation is different with longer times till you define the source range.
Mine is different, it takes exactly the same time as usual, and stops unpredictably, preferably towards the end; sometimes it locks the PC, sometimes not.
I've finished now a 44 minutes conversion with highest quality settings and 2.57. No problem at all, just slow, but I cannot pretend much from my PC. However 12 hours without problems means 2.57 is stable.
2.58 is definitely not.

At this time I have to say I am convinced 2.58 is buggy.
Likely 2.59 will have a cure.

minion  2002-10-10 21:18:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Useing the "Highest Quality" setting will not really improver the quality over "High Quality" but the encodeing time takes 2-3 Times longer..I"m sure if you didn"t use the Highers Quality setting the encodeing would be Quicker..

seavixeb  2002-10-10 21:43:30 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, yours is a good suggestion in general
but the 2.58 encoder in my system (and I see ....in the system of other people) is unstable anyway under low, normal, high or very high quality.

seavixeb  2002-10-10 21:49:56 ( ID:rawcgns3xq2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks Minion, yours is a good suggestion in general
but the 2.58 encoder in my system (and I see ....in the system of other people) is unstable anyway under low, normal, high or very high quality.

minion  2002-10-10 21:54:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess useing The 2.57 version or earlier would probably be the best thing to do if you don"t have problems with them..There have been a Few New encoders that have been released in the last few weeks that seem fairly good, the new Main concept one seems fairly good and I have been getting pretty awesome results with the new CCE 2.66....

Question - TE25 - Convert SVCD NTSC to VCD PAL No.29175
Hiddendragon  2002-10-10 10:53:49 ( ID:lpwgxokawr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi Guys,

I have the following problem.When i want to convert a SVCD with a framerate of 29.970 f/s ( NTSC ) to a VCD with a framerate of 25 f/s ( PAL ), the audio always gets out of sync.When the movie goes further and further the audio gets more and more out of sync , so i couldn't solve this by putting the audio forward.I think this problem is caused by the framerate's , that the audio is based on how fast the movie plays.I really have so much trouble trying to solve this and i am out of options.Do you guys have the same problem ???

I hope someone can help me with this.

thx in advance

mark

minion  2002-10-10 11:24:56 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well of cource it is going to be out of sync, you can"t use tmpgenc to convert NTSC to PAL and visa versa, you will allmost allways get stuttering playback and out of sync audio..There a very few programs that can do it properly, I hear that AVISynth does a good job of it and I know that Canopus ProCoder does it Quite well also, and there a couple others,Like Atlantis NTSC/Pal Converter....

Hiddendragon  2002-10-11 12:50:20 ( ID:lpwgxokawr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thx Minion for your advice , do you know where i can find these programs to download ??

thx again

mark

Minion  2002-10-11 20:28:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Procoder is Quite a expensive Program,it runs about $700 and Antlantis NTSC/Pal converter costs about $150 but you can get AVISynth for Free at http://www.videotools.net but it will take you Quite a While to learn how to use AVISynth cuz it isn"t really a program it is more of a Comand line application which involves writeing Scripts, it is Quite difficult to Totally master...

Question - TE25 - Convert .VOB files *directly*!!?? Do I miss something?? No.29170
steve_d  2002-10-10 10:16:56 ( ID:t.pdb7megpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Could please somebody explain to my why TMPGEnc does NOT accept .VOB files as input??!! I'm waiting for this darn fuction to be implemented for 2 years now. I'm sure like 70% of all user would like to have this! I mean, if you go to TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools->De-Multiplex .VOB files can perfectly be processed. So what is the problem with adding them directly as source, choose the desired audiotrack and off you go?? (I know, there's a way with external filters and all but it still doesn't work for me with 2.58...) I really don't understand why TMGEnc is lacking this super-important function, especially since TMPGEnc is said to be *THE* MPEG encoding tool...

Anybody?

minion  2002-10-10 11:38:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can encode VOB files with Tmpgenc but you can"t get any audio or can"t choose the audio track and and the Encodeing takes Forever, but Full Vob Support is A LOT Harder than It sounds, because VOB files Can have up to 99 audio tracks Subitile tracks and Other video tracks which would take Quite a Large Software overhaul to Implement support for all these options, There is a New Virtual Dub that has VOB support called Virtualdub-mpeg2, that lets you load Mpeg2/Vob files into Virtual Dub then frame serve them to Tmpgenc or CCE...You never know there might be some sort of VOB support on Version-3,..

gbagman37  2002-10-11 04:16:53 ( ID:gfs3fzybyzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just use DVD2AVI to create a D2v file to frameserve your vob files in TMPGEnc.

steve_d  2002-10-11 09:38:06 ( ID:ct9007utjxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for your answers. very interesting. i'm gonna check out that virtual dub version. about dvd2avi: that's what i wanted to avoid, because i think there are sometimes some audio issuses (some test movies were not 100% sync for me). ONE tool for the whole process would me much better (from a bug-free-functionality point of view)... well... guess we still have to wait for that.

Minion  2002-10-11 20:59:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You don"t have to use DVD2AVI to do the audio, you just choose "Demux" in the audio settings in DVD2AVI then it will de-mux the AC3 track then you can use something like Headac3e to encode the audio to mp2...I personally haven"t had Sync issues related to DVD2AVI but Tmpgenc does a good just of makeing out of sync Mpeg files sometimes...

Question - TE25 - Problem with mpeg generation by TMPEG No.29167
Mauro  2002-10-10 07:37:48 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi......
I have processed with TMPEG my Dv file captured from my Dv camcorder......Now, the problem is that I don't know what type of video (MPEG 2?!?!??) TPEG has generated......
Wich format TMPEG give? I need this becouse I want to see this video file on other pc but Windows Media Player don't found the correct codec for open the file....so, on my pc Windows Media Player open this correctly and I can see my video.....
How i can do?!?!?

(excuse me for my English.....)

Thank you minion form above help, I have reformulated my question.....

minion  2002-10-10 08:01:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are we supposed to know what format you encoded your file to??You encoded it??It"s probably mpeg2 cuZ media player will play most everything else includeing mpeg1.......

Mauro  2002-10-10 10:04:43 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have encode with TMPEG.....
bitrate 15000, format MPEG2, 25f/ps PAL......

Question - TE25 - Can some help please! No.29165
Adonisxx  2002-10-10 06:37:10 ( ID:lkcyiq0e6jo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know this has nothing to do with TMPGEnc,but i recently reformatted my harddrive and can't find my cd-key for microsoftword 2000. Do anyone out there have the 25 digit cd-key for microsoft word 2000???

Thanks in advance for your help!!

minion  2002-10-10 21:34:48 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are in the Wrong place....

Question - TE25 - I upgraded to the new version, and now none of my files will load No.29163
Lordaine  2002-10-10 06:01:05 ( ID:ljf3pmddkzr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I was editing some MPEG-1 files captured with ATI-Video Capture stuff, and using the older version of TMPGEnc (I think 2.7), it ran fine, but now after upgrading to 2.8, it will not load any file saying Invalid Video Source

Please Help

minion  2002-10-10 21:49:08 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are sure they are Mpeg files and not the ATI format that is used with All the ATI capture cards???I don"t think that Tmpgenc encodes the ATI format..If they are Mpeg1 files you can try raiseing the Priority of the "Microsoft Mpeg1 file reader" in the "Vfapi plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "environental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise it to 1 or 2...if that doesnt work you can use the "Mpeg Tools" to De-mux the file and just encode the Video then mux the audio with the Video when you are finnished encodeing the video, the audio is allready in the correct format so you don"t need to re-encode it..and if none of that works you can maybe use VCDGear to fiX the mpeg stream..or you might be able to fix it by De-muxing it and then Re-muxing it back together...is there a reason why you just don"t burn the Captured Mpeg files to CD-R instead of re-encodeing it??Cuz if you are going to just re-encode it you should capture to AVI format and you will get Much better Quality Captures..I have a Cheapo ATI TV Wonder useing the BrookTree drivers not the crumby ATI Drivers, and I can capture Full resolution 720 by 480 to HuffyUV or Pic-Video-Mjpeg From VHS Tape with Surpriseingly Great Quality without Dropping frames well I drop about 1 frame in 2500, useing Virtual Dub and I get Much better quality than captureing to Mpeg..But if you still want to capture to Mpeg the best program I have used for this is "Intervideo WinDVR", it capture the best quality mpeg files that I have tried...Just a few tips...

Question - TE25 - how to convert rm files to vcd No.29161
marc  2002-10-10 04:49:16 ( ID:5ajssrkbvb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

how to convert RM files to VCD

minion  2002-10-10 08:14:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there arent really that many programs that do this, actually only One that I know of that might encode RM to mpeg and that is called EO Video..the other way is to use a Program called "Tinra" to convert the RM to AVI then use the avi in Tmpgenc..you can get Tinra at :http://www.geocities.com/tinra04/ ..

Question - TE25 - Tmpgenc won't run or open any file No.29158
bign  2002-10-09 23:36:08 ( ID:c9ddtvyjse6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here's a brain scratcher for you. I've been successfully using various versions of Tmpgenc for over a year on Win2k pro and upgraded to the plus version a while back. Never had any problems with any version of Tmpgenc. I recently upgraded my system from athhlon to pentium 4, new mobo, new HD, did clean install of Win2k pro, now tmpgenc won't open any file. The dialog box says "File ___ can not open, or unsupported". This is not the usual problem of an unsupported file type or a vfapi problem. The filename that is reported back in the error message box is garbled text random letters and characters (obviously not the file I tried to load). This happens whether I try to open any video (mpg, avi, asf), audio, project file (tpr) or template (mcf), AND ONLY when I use the browse button in Tmpgenc. If I drag and drop a file into the project wizard, the file loads. I've tried just about anything. Have no problems with ANY multimedia player or editor, both audio and video. Any ideas?
Thx

sigel  2002-10-10 20:59:58 ( ID:31vz9zvxyr. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

@bign
have not a solution for the problem, but want to say thank you for the
tip with drag & drop. Spent many hours in modify my mpg files cause of the
same error then yours. Now with your hink it work's.

greets
Sigel

bign  2002-10-14 04:08:39 ( ID:c9ddtvyjse6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't know what the problem was, but I reinstalled Win2k and everything works ok. I suspect it may have been some codec I installed. Anyone have any problems using Nomo Codec?

Question - TE25 - error message No.29156
mr2speed  2002-10-09 23:14:11 ( ID:nvi.6jmooyf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi i got this error message when i was converting an avi file to mepeg after i hit start button. error -53740378 165136 came up. does any one know why this comes up? Or what could i be doing wrong.

some suggestions and help would be gratly appriciate
thanks

Luc  2002-10-10 19:16:42 ( ID:ct9007utjxf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

I have got this kind of error too. But in my case the combination of numbers often change. This error only occurs with some DivX files. If anybody knows about this problem please reply.

Luc

Question - TE25 - Video Resize No.29154
Homie C  2002-10-09 22:40:05 ( ID:8pcgvrisuuf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does anyone know how to shrink the height of a video and encode into VCD in one step? I prob can encode the video to a smaller size, then encode again to vcd so it has the letterbox look, but is there a way i can do that in one encode?

minion  2002-10-10 04:22:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Use the "Video Arrange settings" and the "clip Frame" settings and you can adjust the way it looks in the frame......

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.