Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 685 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 encoding an ffdshow encoded movie Ian Royal 0 2002-10-09 21:18:43
Bug report TE25 Have to specify end frame Chip Zero 0 2002-10-09 19:15:05
Question TE25 commandline? floatingpoint 0 2002-10-09 18:55:55
Question TE25 Message: PAL.dll not found Steve 0 2002-10-09 17:19:54
Question TE25 Crash with No Message JFord 0 2002-10-09 17:03:49
Question TE25 TEMPEnc Suddenly running 10 times slower Tedoz 0 2002-10-09 13:46:50
Question TE25 VCD Causing Fatal Exception Error DavidB 1 2002-10-09 09:09:22
Question TE25 DV Format Mauro 5 2002-10-10 19:30:51
Question TE25 need help- weird encoding problem jason3361 0 2002-10-09 06:00:42
Question TE25 no video ktulu 1 2002-10-09 08:52:30
Question TE25 Reverse incode jin 1 2002-10-08 20:59:58
Question TE25 audio out of sync resolved Tomo 4 2002-10-10 11:10:56

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 685 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - encoding an ffdshow encoded movie No.29153
Ian Royal  2002-10-09 21:18:43 ( ID:6omlo7bcvag )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi, i was wondering what steps are needed to be able to convert an avi, which graphedit shows to use the ffdshow mpeg-4 filter. under filter properties, it says it is:
"ffdshow is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DIVX movies.
It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression,
postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate
movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is
GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder."

i tried converting with tmpgenc, but the audio worked, how do get around this?
i'm sure i'd have to do something in graphedit, but the only thing i currently know how to do is export the audio with 'wave dest' & 'file writer'. i'm sure there is a similar step for extracting video, which can then be encoded with tmpgenc. any help or suggestions appreciated.

tia,
*ian*

Bug report - TE25 - Have to specify end frame No.29152
Chip Zero  Home )  2002-10-09 19:15:05 ( ID:azd5yqbktco )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The program works great, but only if i explicitly set the source range. I have to set the end frame by dragging the slider to the end, or otherwise it completely screws up. Every frame takes minutes to encode then, and it seems to think the film is a lot longer than it actually is. Anyway, all this is fixed by setting a source range.

Question - TE25 - commandline? No.29151
floatingpoint  2002-10-09 18:55:55 ( ID:p4bakfomxpk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is a commandline in tmpgenc???

Question - TE25 - Message: PAL.dll not found No.29150
Steve  2002-10-09 17:19:54 ( ID:vofie9ar0t6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I converted a whole set of .mov's to .mpg using the "Wizard", except one which would not convert. Settings were for NTSC VCD and defaults all the way. All worked fine except one.

On that one, on the page of the dialog where the file to be converted is loaded, error message popped up "PAL.dll not found in ..." and it listed a set of directories including the TMPGEnc folder, Windows folder etc.. After I clicked OK to that, another very similar message dialog pops up, with different list of folders I think.

I searched Google for PAL.dll and TMPGEnc, & other combinations, & nada. ALso checked some VCD sites which are usually good source for this kind of info. Is this PAL.dll a sort of plugin that would be needed to decode files that were PAL in the first place, before the format they're in now? Maybe the file is just corrupt?

All this is with TMPGEnc 2.57 or .58, Windows 2k Pro sp2, 1Ghz Athlon, 512MB RAM, & everything else is fine. Any help appreciated.

Question - TE25 - Crash with No Message No.29149
JFord  2002-10-09 17:03:49 ( ID:mcqxc95z/w2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I pulled some video off of my ReplayTV. The MPEGs need to be converted before they can be stuffed onto a VCD. I can play the files using some players, however, when I convert them using TMPGENC will convert about half the file and then crash completely. There is no error message the program just disappears.
It does this with almost all of my files (but not all).

Any ideas?

Question - TE25 - TEMPEnc Suddenly running 10 times slower No.29148
Tedoz  2002-10-09 13:46:50 ( ID:ppgdpojhpvl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Recently I installed Nortons Utility Integrator. I was also recently hit by the bugbear virus, but have since cleaned it from my system.
Although no other programs appear to be affected, I notice that encoding in Tempenc now takes 10 times longer. Whereas before a 42 min program would take 8-13 hrs, now it wants to take up to 150 hours!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Question - TE25 - VCD Causing Fatal Exception Error No.29146
DavidB  2002-10-09 09:04:55 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have a video encoded to VCD (downloaded from newsgroup) and when I try to open it in TMPGEnc to split it I get a fatal exception error. Any ideas as to why this is.

Many thanks

minion  2002-10-09 09:09:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is probably some sort of error in the Mpeg1 file..If you can"t get it loaded into the "Mpeg Tools,"Merge and cut" or "Multiplex or "de-multiplex" then There a a couple tools that are supposed to help fix corrupted Mpeg files like VCDGear which might help..

Question - TE25 - DV Format No.29140
Mauro  2002-10-09 08:01:56 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi!!
I have a problem.....can someone help me?!?
I have convert with TMPEG my Dv video captured from my camcorder in MPEG2 format....so the format isn't really MPEG2 but is owner DV format.....on my pc i can read this file with Windows Media Player but on other pc the video isn't read becouse Windows Media Player don't found the codec.....
Which codec i have to find/download to allow windows media player read this video?
Thanks for your help!!!

M@uro!!

minion  2002-10-09 09:05:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

So the problem is that you can"t play Mpeg2 files made by Tmpgenc in "Media Player"?? To play Mpeg 2 files with Media player you need a Mpeg2 codec like the "Elecard Mpeg2 codec" but the codec can cause sync problems in media player and it is a Over all Buggy Codec..You are better off getting a software DVD Player like "Power DVD" to watch Mpeg2 files with...

Mauro  2002-10-09 09:57:31 ( ID:y8ugcoklj0. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks!!!!
But i see my video in Dv Mpeg2 normally on my pc!!!But i don't found which codec i have installed with TMPEG or another program......
You know how i get this information??!?
If i found the correct code that i have on my pc, i can share my dv video on other pc.....

Bye,
Mauro!!

minion  2002-10-09 20:45:47 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is no such thing as DV Mpeg2 ,It is either a DV/Avi file or it is a Mpeg2 file not somewere in between...

ledryno  2002-10-10 10:48:00 ( ID:yaaqqcve0fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You didn't mention which Windows OS you use; however, you might try looking in Control Panel for an icon that reads "Multimedia." Click on the "Devices" tab and open up "Video Compression codecs." Chances are you'll find the codec/s you want to add to your other system to successfully play the file.

I have no experience copying or manually installing a video codec into an OS; you'll have to find out how to do that.

Pwygant  2002-10-10 19:30:51 ( ID:v/fkcvkaosl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just install a trial version of DVD moviefactory and all the correct codecs will install so you can watch it in media player:-)

Question - TE25 - need help- weird encoding problem No.29139
jason3361  2002-10-09 06:00:42 ( ID:8a7jctpfnoo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

im trying to encode some video into mpeg-2 for DVD and almost everytime no matter what program i use, i get these occasional green flashes that only last one frame. the weird thing is, none of these errors are in the original AVI file. ive tried TMPGENC 1.2, LSX version 3.5, LSX 1.2 plugin for premiere and they all do it. i even tried changing the bitrate around and it still does it. does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this or better yet, how to solve it?

thanks a million for any and all help

Question - TE25 - no video No.29137
ktulu  2002-10-09 05:00:13 ( ID:nrkxwuukfi2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I convert a file to mpg, the video does not show up when I try to play the file after it is complete. I am nto sure if I am missing something or what. Please help

minion  2002-10-09 08:52:30 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Usually if there is a Picture in the Tmpgenc window while encodeing then there will be a picture in the file but if there is no picture in the window then there won"t be a Picture in the file, you can probably correct this by going to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Question - TE25 - Reverse incode No.29135
jin  2002-10-08 18:04:55 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I trying to turn a vcd into a dvd.I ripped the vce using VCDgear v3.07b15 and it gave me and mpg file that my dvd athoring programs can't understand. I don't want to encode it again cause I will loose quality is there another way to change it and keep the quality? If not what tmpge properties should I use to keep the quality in mpge-1 formate and mpge-2?

minion  2002-10-08 20:59:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why would you want to make a DVD out of a VCD, the Quality won"t be any better than the VCD..but if you have your heart set on itthen, here are a few tips that might help..For somereason a lot of Mpeg files that VCDGEar rips seem to have some sort of problem with them..Try ripping it as a DAT file then load then renam the dat as Mpeg and load it into the "De-Multiplex" and seperate the audio and the video, you will need to Re-sample the audio to 48,000HZ for it to be DVD Compliant.after re-sampleing the audio use the multiplexor the mux the video and audio back together.I guess you will be makeing a Mpeg1 DVD with 352+240 resolution so you have to be sure that the authoring program you are useing will burn Mpeg1 DVD"S, not all will but most of the upper scale ones will....I hope this helps a bit...

Question - TE25 - audio out of sync resolved No.29130
Tomo  2002-10-08 17:47:22 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

regarding this message i posted a few days ago..........

im just wondering if anyone else out there has the same problem as me...for ages now ive been unable to convert from avi to mpeg with tmpg without the sound being out of sync.The avi plays in sync with "power DVD" ...but when the wav is extracted with virtuadub and inserted into tmpg ..then encoded its always out of sync...no matter how much i retard or advance the audio (done in source range).
Its as if the audio has been stretched or shrunk in size but the video and audio are same length ???
This never happened before so ive done summit wrong :(
Ive even encoded the same film which was ok before i had this trouble and even that is now of out of sync ???
I dont want to do a full system wipe just to get it back to normal

first of all..many thanks to minion for answering my question..(nice site) ....but i tried that program and it wouldnt open my avi's

second....after all the headaches / trials an errors and searching the net....i have found wot was throwing the audio out of sync on avis

thirdly virtualdub tells you wot to do when u insert the video and the sound is corrupt

fourth..i followed it and it worked...lol...doh

if anyone else has the same problem i had, ill gladly give a step by step guide

keep up the good work Minion an Ashy...we will always need peeps like u

Nedburt  2002-10-08 21:13:35 ( ID:85zmvh5v4kl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes Tomo, i'm interested in how you did it ! i am having the same problem.. I am trying to edit my mpg's into different sizes (like removing commercials from shows etc..).. so any help is appreciated..

Kid  2002-10-09 04:36:26 ( ID:gfjhjhsn1sn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having the same problem. Please give me your step by step guide.

Tomo  2002-10-09 09:40:10 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok...this how to get your avi movies audio in sync when converting with tmpg.

first of all you need to open virtualdub
then insert the avi movie and an error box will come up telling you the audio is an improper encoding and there will be a audio skew of 45204 milliseconds or wotever the number is.

then we need to extract and ucompress the audio from the movie.
click audio in virtualdub and then pick full processing mode.
then click file and save wav as usual.

result: one uncompressed audio file but with a larger size than usual (about 1.1 gig for 1 hour 45 mins of movie.

then insert ur movie in tmpg along with the extracted audio file an encode as normal

the resulting vcd file ends up the same size as usual but with perfectly synced up audio.

Kid  2002-10-10 11:10:56 ( ID:gfjhjhsn1sn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks, I'll try it.

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.