Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 698 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Nero Burning DIVX 6 2002-09-29 18:20:00
Question TE25 ¿why the batch encoding only accept one project at time? gabriel 1 2002-09-26 16:38:33
Question TE25 MPEG1 plays sound but NO video (black screen).... Dee 2 2002-09-27 17:05:05
Question TE25 Invalid Page Fault Mark 0 2002-09-26 15:27:26
Question TE25 4 gig avi tv capture - video freezes after 10 minutes- why? Paul M 2 2002-09-27 21:36:05
Question TE25 neodivx 9.2 titiyo 0 2002-09-26 12:39:44
Request TE25 neodivx 9.2 et tmpgenc 2.58 titiyo 3 2002-09-27 16:33:46
Question TE25 Divx To DVD ??? Dididave 2 2002-09-27 11:11:51
Question TE25 Video resolution Imagine 1 2002-09-26 08:38:00
Question TE25 motion-search (fast) vs. slower settings Angel Setierra 3 2002-09-26 21:40:58
Question TE25 the "help" file- missing- where can I get it 2 install Angel Setierra 1 2002-09-26 08:34:30
Free talk TE25 bi0 MP3 use for audio 2 2002-09-26 21:19:31

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 698 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Nero Burning No.28657
DIVX  2002-09-26 16:55:55 ( ID:afpfwczoozl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read on here that using Nero to burn a cd should be done at the lowest speed. Can someone remind me why. I have a fast system p4 2.53 . Can I still use tmpgnec at the same time as buring a CD? Does it help to have the window in the forfront to make it get more memory? Can I use VCDEasy at the same time I'm using TMPGenc?

Thanks
Steven

Paul M  2002-09-26 20:07:43 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I use Nero 5.59 to burn VCDs made with TMPG encoded mpg files. The highest setting I have available to me for Nero burning is 8x - and I use that constantly with no problem. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4100, using Windows Me and running at 933mgz.
If I am encoding avi files with TMPG and am also burning disks with Nero everything takes a little longer. (System resources get stretched.) Maybe you would not have this problem.
I don't believe that the placement of a program's work screen - in front or behind a second running program - makes any difference as far as what resources are available.

ASHY  2002-09-26 21:12:08 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The reason for burning at low speeds and 4x is the recommended maximum because any higher and most if not all players will have problems with playback of the disk.
This is all because of the built in fault tolerance of MPEG files.
Usually data disks have around 100mb of space on the disk reserved purely for parity data or to give it another name error correction data.
This ensures that the stored data can be checked and corrected on the disk using the parity data.

With MPEG data these extra bits are not needed because MPEG data is error tolerant which is why you can store 800mb on an 80 min disk instead of 700mb.
Having said this, if you burn at high speed then to many errors are introduced out of the MPEG tolerance range which then causes playback problems, so keeping the speed at 4x ensures a good error free burn.

Some people may tell you that they have no problems with playback when burning at high speeds, but I guarantee this is because they have a tolerant player and another player which isn't as tolerant will have problems playing the disk.

My advice is to play it safe and stick to 4x or if you can get away it using good disks burn at 6x. Anymore and your taking a risk. Just search around most of the encoding forums the advice will usually be the same.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-26 21:43:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a Fast Burner Most burning programs will not allow you to burn at 4 speed,and the disks That I use will not allow you to burn at lower than 8 speed, which is the minimum speed I and most poeple with a 24 times speed or faster speed burner can burn...So if in your case and probably most poeples case can only burn at a minimum of 8 times then that shouldn"t be a problem.But in my experience if I burn at more than Half the max speed of my burner then I get some pretty be problems like jumpy playback and out of sync audio....

ASHY  2002-09-26 22:39:01 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm not sure about the minimum speed of 8x as I think it's usually only the cheaper models such as Lite-on which have this negative limitation or you are using high speed media which is specifically designed for high speed drives because of the fast reacting dyes which don't burn well at lower speeds and may have a minimum speed such as 8x, but wouldn't have thought this would be suitable for MPEG data because generally more speed means more errors regardless of disk type.

I have done a little research and found most drives do support 4x burning even 32x and 40x drives do and seeing as CDRW needs lower speeds and maybe lower than 8x for a good burn this only makes sense.

I agree that high speed drives may produce a good burn at 8x but this is going to depend on the media. Crap media won't cut it.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-27 07:33:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

true...My burner will only burn at 4 times if I burn CD-RW, and the disks I buy have a minimum burn speed of 8 times..Actually most of the name brand media in Canada are like this..But I guess it is because they are name brand..but It is hard to find cheap CD-R"s here at the regular Stores and they aren"t very cheap anymore here..about 60-75 cents each when bought by the 100...

Stewart  2002-09-29 18:20:00 ( ID:u1s8of2ek6c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have always wondered why there are recomendations about slower burning speed. I use both NERO and VCDEASY (I prefer NERO) and both burn my SVCD disks at 24X. I have never had a problem reading these disks in my dvd player for TV or using my computer CD reader. Of course, I don't know whether other DVD players might have a problem - but I don't in my equipment. My computer is P4 2.0 with 512K and it has a LITE ON writer.

I am now wondering if I should slow down my CD writing.

Question - TE25 - ¿why the batch encoding only accept one project at time? No.28655
gabriel  2002-09-26 16:17:02 ( ID:i7.gcxrvnlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is a way to add multiple project at the same time?, not putting each one and setting them again and again....I have lot of .avi to encode with the same settings and resolutions, and i lost a lot of time adding one by one to the batch encoding...
Thanks!

gabriel  2002-09-26 16:38:33 ( ID:i7.gcxrvnlw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I got the answer!!! thank to everyone!!!!
http://www.innsys.com.au/doylie/cat_Development/TMPEG_batcher/TMPEG_List.htm

Question - TE25 - MPEG1 plays sound but NO video (black screen).... No.28652
Dee  2002-09-26 16:10:54 ( ID:x/itphwxn7f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When creating MPEG1 from "pinacle DV500" .avi the resulting MPG file has sound BUT no video.

This has only started occuring since the upgraded DV500 was installed.I have played with the VFAPI - Direct Show setting etc but no Luck.. I'm guessing the DivX is the culprit but I am a total amateur and am lost as to what to do. Please help kind regards

Minion  2002-09-26 21:35:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Isn"t this a "Pinnacle" Problem..if it isn"t please be more clear..

Dee  2002-09-27 17:05:05 ( ID:x/itphwxn7f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sorry - I am using TMPGEnc to create a MPEG1 file from a pinnacle produced avi. This worked with no problems up until I upgraded my pinnacle system. This is why I assumed it was a DivX problem. Is this clearer? I'm Lost - can you help please?

Question - TE25 - Invalid Page Fault No.28651
Mark  2002-09-26 15:27:26 ( ID:r2udwevczpl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Really need some help
I'm getting an Invalid Page Fault in Module QUARTZ.dll at 015f:35507919

Everything has been working really well since first install.

Now the program won't load at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have tries re-installing Direct X as I think the QUARTZ.dll is part of it (I Could Be Wrong).
Thanks for any help.

Regards
Mark

Question - TE25 - 4 gig avi tv capture - video freezes after 10 minutes- why? No.28648
Paul M  2002-09-26 13:59:23 ( ID:cdwx28qz11c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I scred up somewhere but don't exactly know how... I used the ATI All in wonder TV capture card to record Smallville. Not being familar with the settings my 1hr movie took up 4 gigabytes. That is ok... except that when I tried to play it back with 2 different players it froze after 10 minutes into the movie. Where does the problem lay... in my capture, or is it that there is a size limitation as to video playback? Oh, the audio track was fine...even after the picture "paused" the audio kept on going.
Another question... TMPG and Virtual Dub... is it true that they both can handle only files that are 2 gigs or smaller? Anything longer than 2 gigs cannot be processed?
Thanks for your help...

Minion  2002-09-26 21:33:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well The problem could be anywere, but mostlikely you are going to have to Throw away the file you recorded cuz something odviously went wrong..What Program did you use to capture with?? and what Format did you Capture too..If you captured to uncompressed avi then 4GB is only about 10-12 minutes..If you are useing Win XP and have a NTSF partition then you can have unlimited File size and Virtual dub can load any sized file but only captures to 2gb files and Tmpgenc can handle any sized files....

Paul M  2002-09-27 21:36:05 ( ID:lf8bomhf4rj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, I'm using Windows Me. I guess if I want to continue in my folly I'll need to take advantage of commercial breaks and create several files for the same show.

Question - TE25 - neodivx 9.2 No.28647
titiyo  2002-09-26 12:39:44 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

with dvd to avi i used neoddivx 9.2 and after that i use tmpgenc 2.58 it began to transform my avi and after 9 sec stopped

Could you tell me why ?

sorry for my english and come from Belgium

Request - TE25 - neodivx 9.2 et tmpgenc 2.58 No.28643
titiyo  2002-09-26 10:45:15 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

with dvd to avi i used neoddivx 9.2 and after that i use tmpgenc 2.58 it began to transform my avi and after 9 sec stopped

Could you tell me why ?

sorry for my english and come from Belgium

lupy  2002-09-26 14:25:09 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

why use avi? load your vob into the program called dvd2avi and 'save project'...then load the d2v and wav file that is made directly in tmpgenc

ASHY  2002-09-26 21:14:50 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Don't waste time and quality creating intermediate AVI's. Do as Lupy suggests and use DVD2AVI. Visit VCDhelp.com for advice and info how to use the program.

ASHY

titiyo  2002-09-27 16:33:46 ( ID:whrqtudrlcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thank you i am going to try

Question - TE25 - Divx To DVD ??? No.28640
Dididave  2002-09-26 09:43:42 ( ID:doblop9nneo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help!
i'v been using tmpg for vcd for the last 3 month no probloms.
Now having bought a dvd 104 writer i wih to mke dvd's.
i have had some work but now none of the files i convert will play in my dvd player?
they will play fine on the pc using power dvd xp?
to make mattters worse they will play in my mates sony dvd player.
and before anyone says my player wont play dvd-r/dvd-rw's i can copy dvd's and use ifo edit to backup all my dvd collection?
has anyone got any ideas where i'm going wrong.

ps please help on the vfapi settings please.
many thanks
dididave

bitltd@btconnect.com

ASHY  2002-09-26 21:16:32 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What program are you using to author the DVD to disk.

ASHY

Dididave  2002-09-27 11:11:51 ( ID:doblop9nneo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>What program are you using to author the DVD to disk.
>
>ASHY

i'm using ulead dvd fatory and ulead dvd workshop.

many thanks

dididave

Question - TE25 - Video resolution No.28638
Imagine  2002-09-26 05:28:14 ( ID:yaaqqcve0fc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What happens if I don't change the resolution to 320 x 240 (say the original was 200 x 180), and just attach a VCD heading to it and burn it? When I play it in a DVD player, will it come out as a small screen on the TV screen (since it wasn't the proper resolution), or will it stretch to fit the whole TV screen? I don't know if I make sense, so sorry if I don't. It's hard to explain.

ASHY  2002-09-26 08:38:00 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You will most likely have problems playing it back on your player and it will look distorted on your T.V.

That's a terrible resolution anyway and is going to look bad no matter what you do with it and can imagine it being barely watchable.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - motion-search (fast) vs. slower settings No.28634
Angel Setierra  2002-09-26 03:09:08 ( ID:npfrkbyu4zr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Under quality settings it offers "motion search estimate (fast), and then choices of quality- higher quality=slower encoding time. When I use motion search estimate I dont see any difference from the highest quality setting (very slow)- what is the difference?

ASHY  2002-09-26 08:33:48 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The difference is mostly in high motion scenes, so you need to compare with a movie which has a lot of fast moving scenes as this is what the setting looks for.
It is the transition between no or slow motion to a high motion scene which can cause macroblocks. The better the Motion search precision the better the encoder can compensate for the change between scenes.
Having said this the difference between High quality and Highest quality is very little if any at all and for the extra time it takes to encode using the Highest setting it isn't really worth it.

The motion estimate setting predicts the motion and will work quite well with some movies and others it will not. It will mainly work with movies that have a constant type of motion instead of continually changing from low to high motion scenes which this type of setting cannot predict and will therefore yield worse results than the High quality setting.

ASHY

Minion  2002-09-26 21:22:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As to your Question about why "Motion estimate search" takes the same amount of time to encode as "Highest Quality" well the answer is You must be mistaken cuz in most computers the amount of encodeing time is probably more than double for "Highest Quality" compared to "Motion Estimate Search"...

ASHY  2002-09-26 21:40:58 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Actually minion I think he is referring to the quality and not the speed bud.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - the "help" file- missing- where can I get it 2 install No.28632
Angel Setierra  2002-09-26 03:05:46 ( ID:npfrkbyu4zr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After installing "Tmpeg- under "Help" I cannot choose "Contents" and "search"- they are light grey/not available- how can I get the files that are suppose to go there and install them so they will be there for me to open? Thank you anyone who canhelp- A.S.

ASHY  2002-09-26 08:34:30 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You need to download the Plus version.

ASHY

Free talk - TE25 - bi0 No.28629
MP3 use for audio  Home )  2002-09-26 03:04:45 ( ID:9lr9f8mz3yr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is said that TMPGEnc cannot decode/encode mp3s for the source, but it is wrong. I have been doing it myself since i have first used TMPGEnc and it has worked fine. To select an MP3 for the audio you must select browse, there will be a drop down menu at the bottom, choose (All Files *.*) and select the mp3.

Minion  2002-09-26 09:14:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Can do it dut it doesn"t like it..the chances of errors is greater and sync problems and cutting out..these problems are more relateing the the MP3 codec used to decode the file than Tmpgenc..But with wave file there is no codec used so there are no compression problems...

ASHY  2002-09-26 21:19:31 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with Minion. It all depends on the codec. I have never had any problems decoding MP3 files or any other compressed format with TMPG or creating them for that matter when I have the correct codec installed, but like Minion says it's easier to convert to wav to prevent any problems.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.