Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 713 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Help About Creating Batch Processing In TMPGEnc....! Siliconmachien 2 2002-09-16 16:14:56
Question TE25 mov to mpg Jerry 0 2002-09-15 15:52:12
Bug report TE25 VERY big problem with Xvid AVI jpsdr 2 2002-09-16 09:56:05
Question TE25 Shut Down? Beven 2 2002-09-15 16:46:39
Question TE25 TMPG Enc taking 54 hours cannonfodder 4 2002-09-16 01:41:16
Question TE25 Settings from tmpgenc to cce MannaZen1 2 2002-09-15 16:42:48
Question TE25 Reb Green White Dots bharat 3 2002-09-22 16:24:20
Question TE25 Pixelation LordSkoll 1 2002-09-14 22:20:14
Question TE25 No video when converting AVI to MPG wrightsp 1 2002-09-14 22:13:27
Question TE25 mpeg2 and wav interlace trew88 3 2002-09-15 17:05:00
Question TE25 Audi out of sync and yes I did extract to WAV first dominic s 5 2002-09-15 09:35:30
Question TE25 MR The Ego 1 2002-09-14 22:03:18

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 713 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Help About Creating Batch Processing In TMPGEnc....! No.28052
Siliconmachien  2002-09-15 16:00:20 ( ID:shhppc6w5wl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
i have been try to get some help about doing batch processing in TMPGEnc.i have just not been able to find any help on this.i want to do batch process of diffirent files in TMPGEnc.so that multiple files are processed even when i am away from the system.i will appritiate any help on this.thank you.

Minion  2002-09-15 21:26:15 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The way you set up the "Batch Encodeing" is to load in your file then do your settings then go to "File" to "Save Project" and make a project file then repeat as nescessary..The go to "file" to "batch encode" then load the project files into the "Batch encode" wondow, then click "run"...thats it...

B_Racer  2002-09-16 16:14:56 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why not using File -> Add current project to batch list ?

Question - TE25 - mov to mpg No.28051
Jerry  2002-09-15 15:52:12 ( ID:vjrjvzv9hym )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok here is my problem when i convert a mov file to an mpg i get no sound what am i doing wrong?

Bug report - TE25 - VERY big problem with Xvid AVI No.28048
jpsdr  2002-09-15 12:17:09 ( ID:sgkrtml3goo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello.
I'm under Win98SE, with TMPEGEncPlus 2.58.
Xvid codec : Koepit XviD-04092002-1 _ALPHA_ Release
I'm having very big problems with Xvid AVI file.
Here are the several thing.

- When i chose an AVI XVid file in video input, i made a patch MPEG file process,
after that, when i chose an other AVI file (not Xvid), when i want to make
the project "Add current project to batch -> MPEG file", the windows where
you select the destination file doesn't appeared, and the program is frozen.
When i do CTRL+ALT+DEL to kill the process, after a long time, i've a blue
screen with an error in VMM.VXD.

- I open TMPEG, i chose an AVI Xvid file in video input, i close TMPEG.
I re-open TMPEG, wich make the current AVI input file an Xvid file, i go
to "Batch encode", and then, i've the following error message :
"BatchEncodeForm.Icon.Data reading error : Read error occured at adress
BFF7A125 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 0078FF78"
If i want to chose an audio file, the program froze when i chose "Browse".
I've tried to kill the process by CTRL+ALT+DEL, but after doing that, the
PC have frozen, i've been obliged to do a reset.
It seems that with an AVI Xvid file in current input video file, after
a boot of the PC, you can call only once a function wich make apperead the
file selection windows. The second time, the program froze.

-I've been very hardly able to make my batch processes. When arrived at
the Xvid file, there has been the following error :
"Read error occured at adress 0048E326 of module TMPEGENC.EXE with FFFFFFFF".
Of course, all the following batch processes have failed.

Minion  2002-09-15 21:21:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been a few poeple complaining about haveing problems with the XVid format and Tmpgenc, I might be wrong but I don"t thing that Tmpgenc fully supports the XVid format...

Postman  2002-09-16 09:56:05 ( ID:nsbkh5almbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I had the same problem - "Read error occured at adress
BFF7A125 of module KERNEL32.DLL with 0078FF78"

I removed the Xvid codec and TmpgEnc works correctly again. That causes a problem, though, if you want to transcode from Xvid to Mpg, since you'll need the Xvid codec installed...

Here's my workaround
1) install the Xvid codec
2) recompress the avi using ANOTHER avi codec. For example Divx 3,4 or 5. I use VirtualDub for this. It seems to have no issues with XVid.
3) de-install the xvid codec (uninstaller included with the release that I have)
4) run TmpgEnc as normal to transcode the new avi to an mpg file.

Now... the avi has been transcoded twice, introducing the possibility of more encoding artefacts (blocky picture etc). To counter that, when transcoding from Xvid avi to Divx avi, choose an abnormally high bitrate - for example 3 Kbps or 5 Kbps. This will produce a large file - but hey, it's only a temporary file anyway, and choosing the high bitrate will minimise artefacts. Make sure you choose a CONSTANT BIT RATE codec, and NOT a variable one (e.g. NOT fast motion, or 2-pass) - you don't want the codec to try and do it's normal job of efficiently compressing - you want a FAT avi file.

Hope it works for you.

Regards, Postman
(and thanks to the authors for TmpgEnc - a SPARKLING program)

Question - TE25 - Shut Down? No.28045
Beven  2002-09-15 08:32:22 ( ID:s8v44.jj9dg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does the new version of tmpgenc have the ability to shut down the system after encoding? I was able to check a box in my previous version...

reester  2002-09-15 13:37:25 ( ID:xh3lqvfqeyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I believe if you use the Wizzard you get a 'shut down after encode' option box, but not if you make your choices through the regular menus.

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:46:39 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To enable the shutdown option you either have to use batch encoding or after setting TMPG up begin the encoding by clicking File>output to file>MPEG file and the box will appear.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - TMPG Enc taking 54 hours No.28040
cannonfodder  2002-09-15 04:08:26 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm converting Lord of the Rings with TMPG Enc by running Dvd2svcd. It in turn calls TMPG Enc. The estimated time to run is 54 hours. Is this normal? I have a 800 mhz Dell with 384 meg of memory and plenty of disk space. Running win2k and have plenty of virtual memory setup.

Minion  2002-09-15 04:36:06 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t know about useing DVD2SVCD but when useing DVD2AVI to Tmpgenc it only took about 7-9 hours, on my old 800mhz Intel Celeron with 512mb-ram...What version of Tmpgenc does DVD2SVCD Use??If it uses a old version then mabe try a newer one...Or you can do it the other way with DVD2AVI to Tmpgenc..I Think that DVD2SVCD uses AViSynth were DVD2AVI uses VFAPI to frame serve and Tmpgenc uses Vfapi so the other method should be faster, or you can use CCE 2.50 with dvd2svcd and I know that CCE is up to 5-8 times faster than Tmpgenc..

cannonfodder  2002-09-15 14:04:36 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm still a bit of a noob at this.. but its the latest version as I had to go get it rather than dvd2svcd providing it.. The commandline that dvd2svcd uses to launch TMPGenc is

"D:MediaTMPGEnc-2.58.44.152-FreeTMPGEnc.exe" "E:DVDTMPGEnc_Project_file.tpr" /Encode /Close

I did some messing around with converting to AVI, the issue was subtitling. I'm kinda deaf so I need the subtitles and all the software I used resulted in bad subtitling when I split the avi during encoding. So DVD2SVCD is an attempt to try something different since it encodes the subtitles directly (or rather TMPGEnc does). So I could use DVD2AVI to do the same time but throw in the VFAPI to speed the process? Will DVD2AVI do direct subtitle encoding while breaking the created file up so I can save each AVI on a CD?

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:25:13 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is most likely the setting you have chosen for TMPG. If you have chosen the highest quality setting then this will seriously slow down the encoding and is no better than the high quality setting. Also make sure you don't have 2 pass enabled.

To be honest with you using DVD2SVCD is more complicated than just using Smartripper>DVD2AVI>TMPG as separate programs. All that messing about setting it up is a waste of time and using the programs individually will give you more control and is really quite simple.
You can find a tutorial how to to use these prgrams at VCDhelp.com

ASHY

cannonfodder  2002-09-16 01:41:16 ( ID:y6sfhr2iibk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'll mess around with it some more... I've actually done dvd -> avi with smartripper and vidomi. I got hung up trying to figure out how to split the subripped subtitles into 2 for 2 cd's. On to read that tutorial you mentioned :) Thanks for the help!

Question - TE25 - Settings from tmpgenc to cce No.28037
MannaZen1  Home )  2002-09-15 02:36:35 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using the tmpgenc to vfapi to cce 2.50 for encoding.

I am using in tmpgenc
CQ
Min = 750
Max = 2520
Q = 100

Of course, I am saving this as a project file and serving it to vfapi to cce 2.50

Yet when I get into CCE im only left with CBR, One and Multi Pass

Is there a way I can encode tmpgenc's CQ with cce 2.50

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 03:21:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The bitrate settings in Tmpgenc have nothing to do with the way your project file is read or the way CCE encodes the psudo avi file..So it does not mater what you set the bitrate in tmpgenc cuz Tmpgenc is not doing the Encodeing, it is just resizeing the resolution and applying any filters you might have used..The "One Pass VBR" method is the same(but better) sort of method as the "CQ" method in Tmpgenc accept the lower the "Q" level in CCE the better the Quality..If I were you i would use CCE 2.62 or 2.64 if you are useing the Vfapi method cuz those version give better quality than the 2.50 version, pluss if you are useing the 2.50 version you can use "AVISynth" or "Virtual Dub" to frame serve to it and it would be a bit Quicker than the VFAPI Method.

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:42:48 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why on earth would you want to use TMPG's CQ encoding settings for CCE. What would be the point as this would mean you would simply be using TMPG's engine to encode.
The whole point of frameserving to CCE is that you use it's superior MPEG2 encoding engine (forget MPEG1 it's crap) with that of another frameservers settings.
CCE uses the CQ method already for encoding so all you have to do is just use the same bitrate settings in CCE as TMPG except for the quality slider which as minion points out works in the opposite way. A setting of 60 should produce high quality movies.

As a note the bitrate settings you using are quite low. If you want high quality and your player can handle it a setting of Min- 1800 Max- 4000 Q- 60 will give superb reults and should fit a 100min movie on 2 80min cd's

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Reb Green White Dots No.28033
bharat  2002-09-14 19:28:20 ( ID:mnynxcojmyw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello friend!
I am having problem when i encode to vcd (mpeg1) from divX(avi) , I am getting almost continious small around 10-15 red blue and white small dots in out put video. which I found very annoying..
please help me someone what to do for removing that

Minion  2002-09-14 22:22:57 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like "Macro Blocks", this usually can be cured to some extent by raiseing the bitrate, but this will increase the File size..The bitrate for standard VCD"s is way to low to give optimal Quality...

ASHY  2002-09-15 16:48:24 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are these little square blocks?

ASHY

bharat  2002-09-22 16:24:20 ( ID:sbezb30us6n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yeah very small and some times it seems like raining of this three colors dots

Question - TE25 - Pixelation No.28031
LordSkoll  2002-09-14 19:21:27 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

no matter what i do this video is still pixelated as all hell..any ideas?

Minion  2002-09-14 22:20:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This can be caused by a few things, like if you are encodeing to a low resolution like "VCD" and you play it at Full screen you will get Pixelation, or just not haveing the bitrare high enough...The standard Bitrate for VCD is to low to get rid of the Macro Blocks, so the solution is to raise the bitrate..I usually encode VCD"s at 1650 to 2000kbs, and get anyware from 50-60 minutes on a CD-R and most of the Macroblocks are gone..another thing that can cause this is if you have a low resolution source file and you Increase the resolution, this will cause that effect also.and haveing the "Motion Precition" set at "High quality" can help but the encodeing will take a bit longer...

Question - TE25 - No video when converting AVI to MPG No.28029
wrightsp  2002-09-14 16:27:51 ( ID:/nw.rgkce7n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I've tried to convert many AVI files to MPG but the end result is blank video, just audio. Tried every setting I could think of. The AVI plays just fine, but won't convert to MPG without losing the video.

What am I doing wrong? It's not just one bad file, it seems like this happens with every AVI that I try to convert to MPG. My goal is to take these AVI files and convert to MPG for use on VCD format.

Thanks!

Minion  2002-09-14 22:13:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably just need to raise the "Direct show file reader"..Go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "direct show" to "2"...

Question - TE25 - mpeg2 and wav interlace No.28025
trew88  2002-09-14 16:12:43 ( ID:mzg35rdguih )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok, I have ripped a couple of movies i want to interlace with the audio it ripped off one of my dvds. The movie is in mpeg2 format and audio is in .wav format how can i interlace them using this program they said i could but i still cant figure out how. I have tried using multiplex but its not letting me open the mpeg 2 movie in it and i dont see any other way any help would be greatly appiriciated. Thanks again for your time :)

Minion  2002-09-14 22:12:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not "Multiplex" Mpeg2 video with Wav audio with this program, you have to encode the audio to "mp2" then use the "multiplex", or some authoring programs allow for wav audio, like "Dazzle DVD Complete"...

ASHY  2002-09-15 17:04:10 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why didn't you encode the audio at the same time? You will have to encode the audio separately to mp2 and then multiplex.

ASHY

ASHY  2002-09-15 17:05:00 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

By the way I think the actual term you need is interleave not interlace.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - Audi out of sync and yes I did extract to WAV first No.28019
dominic s  2002-09-14 16:09:43 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I have used Tmpegenc twice now on 2 hour films in DIVX format. I extracted the audio to WAV without compression and then combined them using the standard DVD PAL settings. The audio goes out of sync in the 2nd hour on both films. This shows up on various software players and on my set top DVD player after burning.

Also on my set top box the video stops now and again in the 2nd hour then starts again.

Any suggestions as to what is causing this please.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-14 22:08:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is this a file you downloaded off the net???Many files downloaded off the net aren"t the exact frame rate that they say they are, meaning a file that says it is 23.9fps could actually be 23.8fps, so when you encode it at 23.9fps it gradually goes out of sync..I don"t know of an easy way to fix this type of de-sync..

dominic s  2002-09-14 22:58:44 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is and it's 25 fps PAL - any more suggestions?

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-15 01:18:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The only way I know that you might be able to fix this is to take the Wav Audio file that you extracted from the avi then find out Exactly how long it is, to the 1/100-second, then find out exactly how long the Mpeg Video is, the audio file should be a bit longer or Shorter than the mpeg video file, that amount longer or shorter should be the amount it is out of sync..So you load the Wav Audio into a good audio editing program like "Sound Forge 6" and use it to Stretch or shrink the audio file to the exact same length as the mpeg video file then you encode the wave to mp2 and multiplex it with the Video...I know it is a very tricky procedure and doesn"t allways work properly...

dominic s  2002-09-15 09:33:58 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is and it's 25 fps PAL - any more suggestions?

Thanks

dominic s  2002-09-15 09:35:30 ( ID:/ekw7eudfi6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

OK I will try and see if I can give that a go - don't know why the previous message reposted - thanks

Question - TE25 - MR No.28017
The Ego  2002-09-14 10:11:39 ( ID:ujv2ebjxawc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i try to encode an AVI file it comes up with unsupported type!, how can i overcome this? HELP!!

Minion  2002-09-14 22:03:18 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is the most Common Question asked Here, gp to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.