Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 714 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Convert NTSC to PAL Hans 4 2002-09-15 09:28:17
Question TE25 An Svcd Mpg Made in Tmpgenc... try to load in tmpgenc again and unsupported houseman 1 2002-09-14 07:26:45
Question TE25 TMPGEnc read error reester 0 2002-09-14 03:06:53
Question TE25 Why can't we upgrade without paying.... ovelayer 2 2002-09-14 04:40:20
Question TE25 Bad audio with large files and new version slower Michelle 5 2002-09-14 22:31:31
Question TE25 File Unsupported - Sorry...same old thing Kahuna 2 2002-09-13 21:53:15
Question TE25 Video Waveform not seen in Source Range RabC 0 2002-09-13 19:55:13
Question TE25 can't see any codecs msrmagnum 0 2002-09-13 18:38:07
Question TE25 tmpgenc rickki804 1 2002-09-13 21:43:36
Question TE25 Divx AVI to SVCD Hannes 2 2002-09-13 21:41:03
Question TE25 Will you support Apple MOV formated? Webber 2 2002-09-13 10:32:09
Question TE25 Figured out Floating Point Error with 2-pass MPEG2 Edward Chan 0 2002-09-13 07:42:23

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 714 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Convert NTSC to PAL No.28012
Hans  2002-09-14 09:48:13 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How do I convert NTSC to Pal with TMPGenc??
Thank you!
Hans

Minion  2002-09-14 09:58:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Converting Ntsc to pal or Pal to ntsc properly is job most programs can NOT do correctly ,and tmpgenc can NOT do it correctly, if you try to do it with Tmpgenc you will have jumpy playback and sync problems..The only program that I know of that CAN do this fairly good is "Canopus ProCoder"...

Olli  2002-09-14 11:30:51 ( ID:dazey0v8lbg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is what I do ....

NTSC to PAL conversion

0)If Virtualdub won't allow you to extract wav directly from avi decompress the avi 1st using avi2vcd's decompress utility

1) Extract the audio to wav using Virtual Dub
Go to the audio menu and set audio to full processing mode.
Then select File -> Save WAV to save the audio track as an uncompressed WAV file to your harddisk

Note* If the audio is ac3 format need to extract using Virtualdub direct stream copy, rename the .wav to .ac3 and convert to wav using heac3he utility

2) Then find out the 25 fps video length of the (decompressed) avi using avifrate - change fps to 25 then write down the new length of the film exactly (to 3dp) in seconds - You may want to back up the avi first !!

3) Use "avi frame rate changer" to change the frame rate header of the (decompressed) avi to 25fps and execute the change.
Note* You may want to backup the avi before changing the framerate so that uou dont permanently alter the original.

4) Use "cool edit" to stretch the audio to the exact length of the video file as found in (2)
When the program opens you will be presented with a box allowing you to choose 2 options. Choose options 1 and 3.

In the program click file>open and open the wav you created earlier.
Wait for it to finish then click 'Edit' and untick 'enable undo' then click 'select entire wave' next click 'Transform' and choose 'Time/pitch' from the drop down menu then click 'stretch'
In this box tick the following options:

Low precision (can use High precision if you have a fast CPU but there is not much difference between the two)
Time stretch (preserves pitch)
In the length box enter the exact length of the (decompressed) avi in seconds as found in (2)
Pitch and time settings - check choose appropriate default

When its finished (it spends a long time on 99% before completing) click 'file' then 'save as' and name and save your file as a wav.
This should give you a Wav file which will be the same length as the (decompressed) AVI.

5) Then encode to XVCD template in TMPGenc specifying the decompressed avi that was changed to 25fps using avifrate as video source and the stretched wav as audio source - Note this will still use toolame and ssrc if they are specified as external tools in TMPGenc

Minion  2002-09-14 22:01:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That method works but it isn"t a true Ntsc to pal conversion, and it doesn"t work with files that are 29.9fps..and isn"t to be tried by the in-experienced..

Hans  2002-09-15 09:28:17 ( ID:gispzp7xetl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the replies!! I have been looking at Canopus Procoder ...... that program is VERY expensive!! Too much for my budget!
Thanks anyway.
Hans

Question - TE25 - An Svcd Mpg Made in Tmpgenc... try to load in tmpgenc again and unsupported No.28010
houseman  Home )  2002-09-14 07:08:37 ( ID:yagkro17hy2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

heh. .just seems odd. . that i can make a vcd mpg using smartripper/dvd2avi/tmpgenc .. and then i can go back and merge/cut/edit in tmpgenc no problem..
but if i decide to make it an svcd mpg and want to go into it later and add an intro or merge the mpgs .. etc.. it wont even load up in tmpgenc..this makes 0 sense to me. . this file was created by tmpgenc .. . it was born of tmpgenc. .why is it now unsupported by tmpgenc.... is there a fix to this..
'worried ripper.

Minion  2002-09-14 07:26:45 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Because Tmpgenc can Encode to Mpeg2 doesn"t mean it will load Mpeg2 files to be encoded to a Different format....To Load Mpeg2 files into tmpgenc you have to have either the "Cyberlink" mpeg2 decoder installed on your system or the "Ligos" mpeg2 decoder installed.Or you can use the "Mpeg2-VFP" Plugin, but either way it needs a mpeg2 decoder to so it can decode the mpeg2 file..if you have "Power DVD" you will have the mpeg2 decoder...

Question - TE25 - TMPGEnc read error No.28009
reester  2002-09-14 03:06:53 ( ID:xh3lqvfqeyr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hope someone can help me. I am using TMPGEnc Version 2.57.41.146 (registered)to encode a 12.3GB DV Avi file. I encoded it with VCD and SVCD templates just fine but using the DVD template (tried several birates and rate control modes)I get the following "Read error occured at address 00481807 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 05C9AC20". Not sure if the address locations are the same every time, but I don't think so. It errors out like this after different percentages of completion even with the same settings. Never gotten past 62% tho. I'm running W2K on an Athlon XP with 512k ram. Tried V2.58 with same results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Question - TE25 - Why can't we upgrade without paying.... No.28006
ovelayer  2002-09-14 02:31:12 ( ID:dn6ahldavar )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey I just want to know one thing...when are ya'll gonna make it possible to upgrade to a newer version without haveing to purchase it...there are so many versions and that could end up costing too much and make your product not worth it...i would like to upgrade to 5.8 but I don't have the cash to keep dumping like that...anyways...thanks for your time...

Minion  2002-09-14 03:21:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can,If you purchased any of the 2.5 plus versions you can upgrade for free to the 2.58 version..If you are haveing a problem with upgradeing contact support at the Pegassus site.....

POP  2002-09-14 04:40:20 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

At :
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main3.html

It says
"Those who have purchased previous version of TMPGEnc Plus are free to upgrade to this version, 2.58! Just download this version and run the program please."

Why did you think "can't upgrade without paying...."?

Question - TE25 - Bad audio with large files and new version slower No.28000
Michelle  2002-09-14 01:05:55 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now that I have XP Pro, I decided to make 1 large (about 7.5GB) file of my caps rather than hassling with frameserving. I make two encodes: VCD and WMV. The WMVs from the large file turn out fine. The VCDs appear to encode fine (no errors), but when I play them, the audio is messed up. The audio starts out fine, but when I move the slider, I lose the audio, or I get the wrong audio. Not just out of synch, but like it took audio from one part of the show and put it in another.

I have been using version 2.52 and thought maybe upgrading would help. The problem is that if I use the same settings, 2.58 takes much longer. 4:10 instead of 2:50 for the one I tried. I haven't had a chance yet to let it run all the way through to see if it fixes my orginal problem, but even if I have to go back to frameserving, I'd like to use the latest version.

So my questions are:
1. Is there a problem with TMPGEnc 2.52 (or higher) with messed audio on large files?
2. Why is 2.58 so much slower than 2.52 and is there any way that can be fixed?

Thanks,

Michelle

Minion  2002-09-14 01:29:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This seems like a problem with your configuration cuz no one has complained about the newer versions being slower, and what do you use to watch your mpeg files with ??If you are useing Media Player then don"t cuz it has problems sometimes playing mpeg files..You should use something like "Power DVD"..For me and probably most poeple the newer versions are faster at encodeing than Older versions..What OS did you upgrade from??Was it Windows ME or 98???Cuz there can be some big problems when upgradeing from Win Me or 98 to XP and XP Pro..When i upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro, I had so many problems that I had to totally erase my Hard drive and to a Full Install if XP Pro instead of an Upgrade, now it works fine...

Michelle  2002-09-14 01:49:29 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>This seems like a problem with your configuration cuz no one has complained about the newer versions being slower,

The computer configuration, or TMPGEnc? If the latter, I'm using the same configuration in both versions.

>and what do you use to watch your mpeg files with ??If you are useing Media Player then don"t cuz it has problems sometimes playing mpeg files..You should use something like "Power DVD"..

I use WMP, but that isn't the problem. The VCDs that were frameserved play just fine. Why would I use Power DVD for VCDs?

>For me and probably most poeple the newer versions are faster at encodeing than Older versions..

Well, for me, it'd definitely slower. Same AVI file, same config, almost 1.5 hours slower.

>What OS did you upgrade from??Was it Windows ME or 98???Cuz there can be some big problems when upgradeing from Win Me or 98 to XP and XP Pro..When i upgraded from Win Me to XP Pro, I had so many problems that I had to totally erase my Hard drive and to a Full Install if XP Pro instead of an Upgrade, now it works fine...

I didn't upgrade from anything. I just bought this computer and it came with XP Pro.

Thanks,

Michelle

Minion  2002-09-14 03:28:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You watch your VCD"s with power DVD Cuz VCD"s are in Mpeg format which is what DVD"s are..Windows media player Has a habbit of playing Mpeg files out of sync, so badly that the audio can be out of sync by 20 minutes...if you have the "Motion Precition" on Highest quality that will make the encodeing take twice as long..how can you have the same configuration on 2 different computers with differant Opperateing systems?...

Michelle  2002-09-14 14:52:36 ( ID:kigm2esmvsr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You watch your VCD"s with power DVD Cuz VCD"s are in Mpeg format which is what DVD"s are..Windows media player Has a habbit of playing Mpeg files out of sync, so badly that the audio can be out of sync by 20 minutes...

DVDs are MPG2. VCDs are MPG1. There is no reason to use a DVD player for VCD. They play just fine in WMP. Again, the player is _not_ the problem. The frameserved files play just fine.

>if you have the "Motion Precition" on Highest quality that will make the encodeing take twice as long..

I have it set to higher in both cases. I have been using TMPGenc for over 2 years. I'm not a newbie. Both versions are set up identically, but the large file AVIs take longer on the new version than the old version. I ran a test last night, and frameserved ones are unaffected.

>how can you have the same configuration on 2 different computers with differant Opperateing systems?...

Since I am only using one computer and one OS, I have no idea what the point of this question is.

At any rate, from my own testing, I have confirmed that using >2GB files is indeed the problem. Since no one else is answering and you don't appear to actually be reading my responses, I will just go back to frameserving.

Thanks,

Michelle

BTW: The moderator might want to check why my second post showed up again almost an hour later. I did not post it twice.

Minion  2002-09-14 22:31:31 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I read you responces, and i tried to give you some advice but you got this I"m smarter than you attitude,..Good luck and good riddens ..
PS: Tmpgenc has only been out for 1 year 7 months...

Question - TE25 - File Unsupported - Sorry...same old thing No.27997
Kahuna  2002-09-13 20:13:45 ( ID:k3lamlaailn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I hate to chime in with the same problem, but I haven't been able to solve this one and scanned through all the threads so far.

I'm trying to frameserve from Premier to TMPGEnc. I was able to do this many times last month without a problem. However, now I'm getting the dreaded "cannot open or file unsupported" message.

I've set my DirectShow MFR to 2.
I've uninstalled Win Media Player 7 and then reinstalled it w/all options.

Unfortunately I can't pinpoint what has changed between when this worked and when it stopped. I think I might have installed the Tsunami Filter pack in between. Other than that I can't be specific.

Is there anything else I can try. TMPGEnc was working great before.

Please help.
Thanks
Kahuna

Minion  2002-09-13 21:47:51 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Maybe try Disableing the Direct show filter, this has been known to help ocationally with frameserveing....

Kahuna  2002-09-13 21:53:15 ( ID:k3lamlaailn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

solved my problem by reinstalling the VideoFrameServer (determined the codec was missing)

thanks anyhow

kahunaa

Question - TE25 - Video Waveform not seen in Source Range No.27996
RabC  2002-09-13 19:55:13 ( ID:tegodoq9emw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Help
I am new to dvd ripping. Using tmpgenc wizard - at the source range section, I have to attempt to align the audio to the video as it seems to be out by around 7 seconds. The audio waveform displayed below the video show no modulation of audio sound, just a flat line.
Using ver 2.5 on Athlon pc.
Please advise how to rectify
Thanks

Question - TE25 - can't see any codecs No.27995
msrmagnum  2002-09-13 18:38:07 ( ID:lgsywbtibb2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i've installed divx 5.02. virtualdub shows me the codec and i can use it. It works fine. But when i'am using tmpgenc v2.58 Free, i can't see any mpeg4 codecs

file-> Output to file -> avi -> video setting -> codec?

what's wrong...do i need some plugins?

gruss
magnum

Question - TE25 - tmpgenc No.27993
rickki804  2002-09-13 12:26:04 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am receiving an error about a third of the way in when encoding a file. "Tmpgenc has caused an error in DIVXDEC,AX Tmpgenc will now close.
Got any ideas what this is all about???
Thanks

Minion  2002-09-13 21:43:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Seems that for some reason there is an error in Decodeing your divX file, there is probably an error in you File that is causeing it...you can try to start encodeing a few frames after you get the error then join the 2 mpeg"s together in the "Merge & Cut"...

Question - TE25 - Divx AVI to SVCD No.27990
Hannes  2002-09-13 11:04:09 ( ID:dcp3cik6wac )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi, I just wanted to make a SVCD from a divx avi-file, but when I want to specify this avi-file as audio-source, I get an error that this file can not be opened, or nut supported. The video source functions the way it has to (can be encoded, but without audio)
What am I doing wrong?

3RAb  2002-09-13 19:09:54 ( ID:my2xkjwzvdj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

u may need to extract the audio first from the DivX file.

download VirtualDub from www.virtualdub.com , extract & install as usual. open DivX file with VirtualDub,
1. choose from menu Audio, select Full processing mode;
2. choose Audio from menu again, select Compression, highlight "No compression (PCM)"; then OK
3. choose Audio from menu once more time, select Conversion, change Sampling rate to 44100Hz for VCD or SVCD MPEGs, leave others alone, click OK
4. from menu, choose File, Save WAV, type a name for this WAV file.

5. in TMPGEnc, use this WAV as Audio Source.

good luck

Minion  2002-09-13 21:41:03 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Probably need to raise the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins".. go to "Options" to "enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct show" to "2" this usually get avi file loaded when you get that error..

Question - TE25 - Will you support Apple MOV formated? No.27987
Webber  2002-09-13 07:42:25 ( ID:29ad19frvzk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Will you support Apple MOV formated?

ffast  2002-09-13 07:45:59 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It is unofficially supported with "Quick time plug-in".
You can search the plug-in at google.com or somewhere.

ABS  2002-09-13 10:32:09 ( ID:tmdsptwfkem )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The plugin sometimes doesn't work though, so if you can't import mov files after using it, try installing Quicktime 5 or later, that worked for me.

Question - TE25 - Figured out Floating Point Error with 2-pass MPEG2 No.27986
Edward Chan  2002-09-13 07:42:23 ( ID:anwajj2k46c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all. Thought I might share something I figured out tonight. After upgrading to 2.57 and 2.58, I started getting frequent floating point calculation errors when converting AVIs to 2-pass MPEG2 on frame 15 of the second pass. Well, I figured out that if you change the 2-pass type to "2 pass (old type)" it runs fine invariably. Perhaps Hiroyuki-san can look into this problem for a bug fix. Thanks. BTW, this was system-independent, and was reproduceable on a Pentium 4, Athlon XP, and VIA C3 processor, with floating point enabled and disabled.

Ed

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.