Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 717 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 XVCD success - Some questions remain dagger 0 2002-09-11 17:53:59
Question TE25 Expected time for finished product keeps increasing Paul M 1 2002-09-12 16:01:50
Bug report TE25 WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9 Paul M 0 2002-09-11 16:16:42
Request TE25 Where can I download TMPGenc Plus 2.56? Edward Chan 2 2002-09-12 15:49:13
Question TE25 Newbie - Interlace settings DV for DVD phcahill 5 2002-09-12 21:38:39
Question TE25 Sound out of sync, but FPS is correct. Ivan 1 2002-09-12 12:44:46
Question TE25 Error messages XsCode 1 2002-09-11 21:24:12
Question TE25 Merging and Cutting SVCD files Lams 1 2002-09-11 15:32:03
Question TE25 Simple question ! geohei 0 2002-09-11 09:26:12
Question TE25 Is it worth encoding SVCD with Tmpgenc ? Denniz 3 2002-09-11 21:20:55
Question TE25 m2p and m2v suddenly unsupported Stone Chen 1 2002-09-11 08:16:07
Question TE25 Error @AVI2SVCD Error 345 C9owy 1 2002-09-11 08:13:25

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 717 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - XVCD success - Some questions remain No.27908
dagger  2002-09-11 17:53:59 ( ID:flgievzhr1l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

First - THANKYOU to minion for his support here - he provides alot of answers, as well as others more expert in this than us novices who provide guidance.

I took minion's advice a dumped Nero doing any encoding (others concur that Nero is inferior to TMPGEnc). Thanks. I decided to try my hand at an XVCD, and followed a guide published on vcdhelp.com's site. I captured a 1 hour DV tape with Ulead VideoStudio using their template = DV 720x480 NTSC 30fps AVI. This left a 13G .avi file on my PC. I then opened TMPGEnc, selected the VCD template, un-checked the use standard VCD encoding (?) option, under settings first loaded the 352x240 format, then loaded the unlock format. This allowed me to go to some advanced settings where I set the bitrate to 1450 kbps (rather than VCD's standard of 1150). I then Started the encoding. I also repeated the above, but tried the 2-pass VBR setting with average set to 1450 and max set to 2000 kbps (took twice as long to encode!). I then used Nero to burn the XVCD (one with un-checking of standard VCD, and the other left the check in standard VCD selection).

Resutls - both worked and the Panasonic RP82 played both!!! However, I have some observations with questions remaining:

1- Both XVCD's started playing when I hit the close DVD drawer button. My standard VCD's always start with a track menu, and I select (1) to start the movie. Is this because it sees a non-standard bit rate???

2- It appeared to me that the CBR looked slightly better than the 2-pass VBR. Theoretically the 2-pass VBR should be better. What happened??

3- Related to 2 above, should I have used different settings? Different frame rates better than different bit rate? Etc. (Note - my goal is to put a 1 hour DV onto a single 80 minute CDR).

4- Should I do anything different at the capturing step?

Many thanks again in advance,
dagger

Question - TE25 - Expected time for finished product keeps increasing No.27906
Paul M  2002-09-11 16:24:34 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi. I'm encoding what looks like a hand painted anime that runs for about 2 hours. I set the bit rate at 3000 and the quality level "high", Then I went to the gym for 2 hours. When I first set things up and pressed start the expected work time was 9 hours... (that was when TMPG was just reading the title pages I guess). Once it got a couple of minutes into the film it went up to 31 hours. Now as I sit here in dismay it claims it will need 37 hours before it is complete.
What I don't understand is this... the complexity of the picture has not increased as the anime has progressed, so why has the time need to process the thing increased?

B_Racer  2002-09-12 16:01:50 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ufff... what Kind of PC do you use? And what are your settings? 31 Hours is terrible slow. Even my old PIII 500 was a lot faster.
Animes haven't complex Pictures, but they often have complex Movement (from the point of view of TMPGEnc)

Bug report - TE25 - WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9 No.27905
Paul M  2002-09-11 16:16:42 ( ID:/1isfusp3aa )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/relnotes.asp#knownissue

there are Known and Unknown problems with this BETA release. Read the microsoft" known issues" board at above URL for SOME of the details.( As always for them, I believe that they are holding some hidden cards that benefit only themselves. Personally, I would NOT upgrade.

Request - TE25 - Where can I download TMPGenc Plus 2.56? No.27902
Edward Chan  2002-09-11 16:00:49 ( ID:anwajj2k46c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hey all. I'm tired of floating point calculation errors with TMPGEnc. I paid for it, and was wondering if anyone knows of a place to download 2.56 Plus version? I never had those issues with that version. NOTE that I am NOT asking for the free version. Thanks.

Ed

Minion  2002-09-11 21:29:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

"Floating Point errors" are caused By BAD AVI files..Usually some sort of Corrupted sectors in the file and a different version probably won"t help,These errors pop up all the time with Files downloaded off the net...

Edward Chan  2002-09-12 15:49:13 ( ID:anwajj2k46c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Nope... it ain't a bad AVI... Virtualdub detected no errors in the AVI. Anyways, does anyone know where I can get an older version?

Question - TE25 - Newbie - Interlace settings DV for DVD No.27896
phcahill  2002-09-11 13:04:48 ( ID:jlkg6k6e0/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My camera is not progressive scan. I am capturing from a DV cam to an interlaced DV avi file. I am then encoding for burning to DVD-R.

Firstly should I be bothering to worry about de-interlacing the AVI file when creating the Mpeg2 DVD file.

If so what is the difference between the Video tab "Encode Mode" drop down (Interlace/Non-Interlace etc) and the deinterlace filter. Currently I am using the Encode mode drop down set to non-interlace and the de-interlace filter setting it to "Double".

If you are feeling generous, a real newbie question. What rate control mode should I be using for good quality DVD output of DV cam home movie material.
ie 2 pass VBR, CQ or CQ_VBR.

spiderman  2002-09-11 14:35:35 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I would use 2-pass I like CCE better then TMPG but I still use TMPG to set the setting with the wizard

wcpaul  2002-09-11 17:55:05 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you will watch the DVD on a TV, leave the material interlaced. I believe DV is "bottom field" dominant. It is absolutely critical that the setting in the source page match the input material.

Since computer viewing is also common, home video type material with high motion content could be put on the DVD in two versions. Interlaced, for TV viewing, and de-interlaced, for computer viewing. This is especially true if you need to step frame by frame on the computer.

IMHO, Virtualdub has much better deinterlace options than TMPGEnc. The Smart Deinterlace plugin with a very low motion threshold is great at interpolating a single frame from two fields. No double images.

If you author deinterlaced only, set the output format to "non-interlace". Otherwise some standalone DVD players will not properly step frame by frame.

phcahill  2002-09-12 11:58:12 ( ID:jlkg6k6e0/l )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks guys.
So the bottom line is. Create two DVD's one for TV the other for computer.

I guess that only leaves the question, is there any downside in de-interlacing for TV and only creating the one DVD for both display types.

wcpaul  2002-09-12 18:35:22 ( ID:q7gr550x3gw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, creating two DVDs really would be for the exceptional case of extreme motion and the desire for optimum frame by frame viewing of interpolated deinterlaced frames. Interpolated frames on a TV in full motion would look strobey (no motion blur).

Blended deinterlacing would retain the motion blur effect and looks good on both TV and computer in full motion. Try this first since it is MUCH less work. The tradeoff is poor frame by frame appearance.

Interlaced looks great on a TV in full motion and frame by frame but most computer DVD software show interlace artifacts in full motion and frame by frame.

phcahill  2002-09-12 21:38:39 ( ID:cgx3nbhwwxm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is "Blended" what I am doing when I choose "Both" in the Tmpg de-interlace filter. I had a good look at my output today. On high motion I can see two images of a fast moving object. I guess that is to be expected by puting two fields together.

To be honest having gone from VCD to DVD this week (New A04) I am so pleased with the quality. The only real bug bear I have is that blacks are not resolved very well with tmpg. But lets face it this is all great stuff.

I had a look at the smart de-int filter from donald graft and it blew my mind. You know I thought my jobs of bio-chem and programming was techie! Any chance of some hints.

Need any SQL-Server or RDBMS help. I'm your man. Thanks so much.

Question - TE25 - Sound out of sync, but FPS is correct. No.27894
Ivan  2002-09-11 11:43:59 ( ID:tt4iiicacvm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My audio is out of sync with my video. It gradually becomes more out of sync. I encoded at 29.97 FPS, and the properties (right click on the file) says that that's the correct FPS. My video also seems very jerky; like it's stuttering. I will sometimes see distorted blocks on the video when it stutters.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Adolf  2002-09-12 12:44:46 ( ID:3clht98lmgw )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

use the virtualDub and extract the audiofile uncomrpessed to the Harddisk.After load the tempgc and load the videofile and this audiofile.Sorry for my english.

Save the audiofile as wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question - TE25 - Error messages No.27892
XsCode  2002-09-11 11:39:09 ( ID:tsa5v7h1bgm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to encode a DivX to an SVCD, but i keep getting errors of different values. I've split the audio with VDub but i still get errors. Can anyone help?

Minion  2002-09-11 21:24:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it a Divx file you downloaded off the Net???If It Is it"s probably a bad avi File, more often than not files downloaded off the net will have problems like this..You can try to make a copy of it with Virtual Dub and encode that but there is no Gaurantee it will work....

Question - TE25 - Merging and Cutting SVCD files No.27890
Lams  2002-09-11 11:28:27 ( ID:zqm.aqp95k. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When I use Tmpgenc to encode a file from DVD2AVI using .d2v project I can not use merge/cut to split MPG2 (SVCD file), it hang when I try to move the slide, It happen only with SVCD files because the VCD files created with Tmpgenc work fine. Any suggestion?

spiderman  2002-09-11 15:32:03 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi had the same problem in wondow's 98 most people get this problem with windows 95 98 and ME when I installed windows 2000 I had no problem's moving the slider. Some time's it will work in 98 but only for a while before some file's go bad or some thing. You can use MPEG2VCR that's a great MPEG2 editter it does some thing better then TMPG and TMPG does other thing better. Its better if you edit in windows98 me or 95 TMPG is better if you need to edit a file larger then 4 gig's

Question - TE25 - Simple question ! No.27889
geohei  2002-09-11 09:26:12 ( ID:s2jtz1ncbs. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why is TMPGEnc showing 30 fps in the "Source range" window (and other filters) when the VFAPI "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" is set to a priority >= 1?

TIA

Question - TE25 - Is it worth encoding SVCD with Tmpgenc ? No.27885
Denniz  Home )  2002-09-11 08:00:25 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi.

I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth encoding SVCD movies if you can't frameserve to CCE ? People have said that the quality in CCE is much better and I don't need to encode the stuff that bad anyway ? anyone ?

Minion  2002-09-11 08:19:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc is great for encodeing SVCD and I believe it to be as good as CCE 2.50, but the 2.62 and 2.64 versions are better...And one of the best ways to use CCE is to use Tmpgenc and the Vfapi Converter to Frame serve to CCE, this works for all versions of CCE..But Tmpgenc will Do a great Job Encodeing SVCD"S and it doesn"t cost $2000 like CCE....

spiderman  2002-09-11 14:28:36 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Im sorry to say but TMPG does a bad go at SVCD very blocky CCE is alot better and alot faster only use TMPG if your on a P2 that how I made my SVCD before I upgraded to make SVCD use DVD2SVCD as it will rip the DVD and encode with CCE you only need to hit one button and walk away

Minion  2002-09-11 21:20:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you odviously don"t know how to use Tmpgenc properly...It"s all in the Settings...

Question - TE25 - m2p and m2v suddenly unsupported No.27883
Stone Chen  2002-09-11 06:10:27 ( ID:mnbqfosglll )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Just installed WM9 beta, and now m2p and m2v files are suddenly unsupported (or can not open) under TMPGEnc (both free and Plus versions). Anyone know why?

Minion  2002-09-11 08:16:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There have been a few poeple complaining in the last few days about not being able to encode certain file types after installing Media Player 9, all I can sudgest is to install your Old Media Player, or use your system restore to go back before you installed the media player 9......

Question - TE25 - Error @AVI2SVCD Error 345 No.27881
C9owy  2002-09-11 06:02:55 ( ID:pnf1lzalrhl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

I need Help

I would like to encode an AVI 2 SVCD File
while i am trying to decode it and klick on the start Button
immedatelty after that i get following error "Index of Scan Line is Out of Range (345)" and the encoding immedately Stops !!!

PLZ Help me

My Config:
Duron 800
Asus A7V-M
384MB RAM
30 GB HD (5GB FREE)
Win2k+SP2
Tmpgenc 2.53.35.130

plz email to me the solution

thx in advance

C9owy

Minion  2002-09-11 08:13:25 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That error seems to pop up a lot with AVI Files that are downloaded off the Net off places Like Kazaa...It probably meant that your AVI file has some errors in it, you might be able to fix it by makeing a copy of it with "Virtual Dub"...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.