Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 718 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 TMPG Auddio encoding with DVD2AVI spiderman 3 2002-09-11 21:55:52
Question TE25 AVI was supported...now is not?? Vangelus 1 2002-09-11 15:29:05
Question TE25 Barry Hercules Man 1 2002-09-11 08:05:41
Question TE25 Problems with buffer using mpeg tools Dominic Shine 2 2002-09-11 09:44:01
Question TE25 Sound Quality Dave Clarke 2 2002-09-11 07:55:37
Question TE25 Unsupported AVI marc_2020 2 2002-09-17 00:35:50
Question TE25 Bitrate size ???? lax player 1 2002-09-10 22:08:05
Question TE25 DVD with mutiple tracks in TMPGEnc Adonisxxx 3 2002-09-13 01:50:18
Question TE25 No Image In MPEG Kat 6 2002-09-11 07:52:41
Request TE25 Nero asks for re-encode after using MPEG Cut valera 5 2002-09-11 02:16:21
Question TE25 Faster settings DIVX 3 2002-09-14 16:56:52
Question TE25 I'll still be converting but probably less from now on ... Olli 1 2002-09-10 22:19:50

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 718 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - TMPG Auddio encoding with DVD2AVI No.27877
spiderman  2002-09-11 05:08:27 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In TMPG audio encoding there is channels mode there is dual channels does this give you Surround sound with Dolby Dolby or DTS 5.1? And what does Joint-Stereo mean? thanks

Minion  2002-09-11 08:11:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Can Not get Surround Sound useing Tmpgenc to encode the audio, Plus vcd/svcd"s don"t support Surround Sound Audio and MP2 doesn"t support Surround Sound, the only way you can get Surround Sound is to Extract the "AC3 Dolby Digital" Track from the DVD with DVD2AVI and Multiplex it with the SVCD Video file, but if you do this your DVD Player probably won"t play it unless you can select the audio format in the Settings on your DVD Player...

spiderman  2002-09-11 14:24:31 ( ID:qz/xyrfukyk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks but im encoding DVD's not SVCD's

Minion  2002-09-11 21:55:52 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well if you are doing DVD it is easy, just de-mux the audio track with DVD2AVI and mux it with your encoded movie....

Question - TE25 - AVI was supported...now is not?? No.27875
Vangelus  2002-09-11 03:49:02 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Recently I encoded AVIs of a cartoon series to MPG. It worked fine.

Today I tried to do another batch, but now it says the files are unsupported. I tried loading the files I had already encoded once, and they too are unsupported now. I changed VFPPlugin priorities, and still nothing works.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Richdette  2002-09-11 15:29:05 ( ID:rfcknofb4jh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My answer to that is you've deleted a codec file. Try downloading Angel Potion codec. I had that proplem before and that fixed it.

Question - TE25 - Barry No.27873
Hercules Man  2002-09-11 01:51:21 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anyone having probs converting dvd to svcd for playback in wharfedale 750s. i am unable to set a bitrate of more than about 1200 for video. if i set video bitrate to above this to say 2300, then i have all sorts of problems in the wharfedale 750s, like audio cutting out and video jerking. however, i play the higher coverted video file in a h+b dvd player, and no probs, anyone help please, thx

Baz lad

Minion  2002-09-11 08:05:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It seems like you Need a Differant DVD Player...Have you tried Mpeg2/SVCD Files from a Different Encoder???You should try that and see if it handles High bitrates from a Different encoder...

Question - TE25 - Problems with buffer using mpeg tools No.27870
Dominic Shine  2002-09-11 00:18:28 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi

Am using MPEG tools to put a VCD header on SVCD file to fool my DVD player to recognise it. Sort of works but getting buffer error message with several thousand packets at end. When playing back this shows up as dropout on the film. Any ideas on how to fix this please?

Minion  2002-09-11 07:59:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Only way I have found so you don"t get the "Buffer Underflow" errors is to NOT load the file into the Multipexor but load it into the "Merge & Cut" and put the Setting to "Video-CD Non-Standard" and choose the output directory and click "Run" then it will copy your file while putting the VCD Header on...You can also encode the SVCD File with a VCD header so you don"t need to do the "Header Trick", you do this by Locking the "System" setting to "Mpeg-1 VCD Non-Standard"....

Dominic Shine  2002-09-11 09:44:01 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks for the help. I'll try that. Just 2 more questions if I may

1. I am using v 2.5 - I take it your tips are OK on that version

2. Have tried to find where to lock the system setting but can only find it greyed out on system tab of mpeg setting dialog - do I need to change it somewhere else?

Thanks again

Question - TE25 - Sound Quality No.27867
Dave Clarke  2002-09-10 22:21:13 ( ID:ayfjj.q1jxk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have only recently started to use TMPGEnc. Works very well, and fast (relatively). The only concern I have relates to an apparent loss of sound quality between the AVI original and the encoded MPEG. The sound is very boomy and in some cases this makes it rather unintelligible. Is this to be expected or is there something I can do about it?

akira3  2002-09-10 23:57:53 ( ID:k6opp8cc1yl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When working with Avi audio, I have found that ripping the audio to wave format and encoding the mpeg with the new wav audio comes out much better. If you need help finding out how to do that, you can visit this Url. http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm#audio
I hope that helps.

Denniz  Home )  2002-09-11 07:55:37 ( ID:.uhbhxbi0ng )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It's allso much faster if you use Graphedit, it only taks about 2-3min to extract the mp3 or compressed audio in a divx file to a uncompressed wav file, the quality when encoding is much better and you get perfect sync with the output file. And you reduce the encoding time as well.

I allways use this method when re-encoding files or encoding, since I found that tmpgenc can lose the sync and other problems if you have video and audio from the same file.

Question - TE25 - Unsupported AVI No.27864
marc_2020  2002-09-10 21:55:44 ( ID:swwjzdpez2k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded an avi file and try to encode it but when i select it TMPGEnc claims it is unsported. anyone know a way around this? when i look in properties of the file windows it says it is an 'unknown format' yet it plays in windows media player. Help would be appreciated. cheers

Minion  2002-09-10 22:09:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show File Reader" to "2"...

thankgod  2002-09-17 00:35:50 ( ID:xvivcfkpgxr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

minion i hvae been havein the same problem for a while and have beed lookin everywhere for the answer and got notheing. YOU ARE THE MAN AND I thank you

Question - TE25 - Bitrate size ???? No.27862
lax player  2002-09-10 21:12:21 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can sumbody tell me a good bitrate size that will take the blocks some what go away and won't add to much time on. I changed it once and after being done coverting the data size was would not fit on a 80 min cd-r but when i did standard bit size or whatever it only took up like 60 min of my cd.

Minion  2002-09-10 22:08:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are doing a VCD then if you put the bitrate up to about 1650kbs this should get rid of most of the blocks and still get about an hour of VCD on a CD-R...

Question - TE25 - DVD with mutiple tracks in TMPGEnc No.27858
Adonisxxx  2002-09-10 19:48:19 ( ID:fxzhgqbxqwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hello everyone! I need your help! I have a DVD with multiple tracks on it, which I ripped in smart ripper. Then I opened it in Tmpgenc for processing and noticed that only the first track had showed up in Tmpgenc so I am assuming that smartripper needs to be adjusted to ripp all of the tracks on the DVD, can someone tell me how to adjust smart ripper to ripp all tracks for processing in Tmpgenc?

Thanks in advance guys!

Minion  2002-09-10 22:06:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How are you encodeing this Ripped DVD???I hope you arent loading the VOB files directly into Tmpgenc???This will not work properly cuz Tmpgenc can not seperate the different Audio and video streams...You need to use DVD2AVI to extract ALL the audio tracks and make a D2V file for the video and then encode the video and then you will need to encode each audio track seperately, then either join all the audio tracks in your DVD Authoring Program, or join them bu Multiplexing them all together...When you ripped the VOB files with SmartRipper it Made a Text file with a List of All the Audio tracks and in what order they are in, and in DVD2AVI you can choose one or all of the audio tracks, and if they will be DE-Muxed or decoded to Wav..

ASHY  2002-09-10 22:31:41 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Whoever told u to load VOB files into TMPG needs a whack.
Use DVD2AVI which is specifically made for the task and create a .d2v project file. DVD2AVI will allow you to select which track you require and then rip it to a wav while creating the project file at the same time, you then load both into TMPG.
There are many many many guides all over the internet how to do this. Try VCDhelp.com which has excellant step by step guides how to do it.

ASHY

Adonisxxx  2002-09-13 01:50:18 ( ID:hbxtautc7oh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks ashy and minion i forgot to mention that i did use dvd2avi then opened in tmpgenc, and there was only one track the first one that showed up in tmpgenc. Again thanks guys for your help!!!

Question - TE25 - No Image In MPEG No.27851
Kat  2002-09-10 18:58:24 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is my second attempt to burn a downloaded DIVX to SVCD. I have successfully burned many other AVI's (some of which were DIVX) to VCD, using Virtual Dub for the audio and then TEMPGnc to encode & Nero to burn to CD-R.

Yesterday, I tried to burn the first one (see my post below) and the result was a HUGE file, with apparently no video.

I attempted a second one last night. I was able to convert the audio stream to WAV with Virtual Dub, because it wasn't AC3. I then used the project wizard in TEMPGenc to encode to SVCD (NTSC 704X480,) and went to bed (because TEMPGenc reported that the project would take about 4 hours.)

Here is the result:

The project aborted at 87% because I had neglected to empty my recycle bin, which had several gigs of stuff in it (and I have a lot of other stuff on my hard drive)

TEMPGenc had an error message that said "Stream read error." I got that error message on my first "imageless" project, too.

The file produced was 1,732,592 KB (original AVI was 717,480 and the audio was 810,121.)

This one also apparently has NO Image, as well! I have tried it in Windows Media Player, DIVX Player and VCD Cutter, with the same results. How is this happening? Is there any way to salvage this project?

Even if I can't salvage this project and have to start over, what am I doing wrong?

Also, should I be using SVCD on all of my projects, instead of VCD? I don't know what advantages SVCD has over VCD, because so far, I haven't been able to produce one.

Sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible.

Kat

Kat  2002-09-10 20:52:04 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I scanned the original AVI for errors, using Virtual Dub (because I saw another post where the person had done that.) It went all the way through, with no error messages. I thought that VDub would output a log or something, but apparently it doesn't.

Am I correct in assuming that since VDub didn't display any error messages during or after the scan, that there are no errors in the AVI?

Minion  2002-09-10 21:58:26 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If while you are encodeing there is no picture in the Tmpgenc window then there isn"t going to be a picture in the file, usually no picture can be solved by raiseing the priority of the "Direct Show File Reader", go to "options" to "enviromental settings" to "vfapi plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2"...

Kat  2002-09-10 23:02:50 ( ID:yenwmtetoqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I already did that, after I read a lot of posts telling people to do that, right after I got TEMPGenc. I could see the picture during the encoding, too. Any other ideas?

I used the default settings in the Project Wizard, although when I chose the avi stream & WAV, the "Expert Settings" said 1:1 VGA" (whatever that means) and I changed it to the NTSC 708X480 setting.... I always do that, and it has worked for everything else, until I tried to make SVCD's.

The settings at the bottom of TEMPGenc were:

Super Video-CD NTSC (MPEG-2 480x480 29.97fps CBR 2520kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 224kbps)

I just now tried it again, leaving the "Expert Settings" alone, and the results were the same. No picture.

Kat  2002-09-10 23:13:26 ( ID:yenwmtetoqn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am wondering if it would help to use the de-multiplexing tool to extract the video and then multiplex that with the WAV, before I encode it. I know that would take a LONG time, but do you know if that would work?

I just looked at those tools and there is a "Simple De-Multiplex and a "De-Multiplex. What is the difference between the two, and which one should I use?

The only tool I have used so far has been the merge & cut tool.

Hercules Man  2002-09-11 02:08:22 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are seeing a blank screen in Tmpgenc while converting, then it is not necesserily the case that the picture will be blank in the outputted file. reason for this could be a 2 pass vbr encode. when Tmpgenc does a 2 pass, it reaches 50% of converting to analize allocation of bitrate, then you would see a picture, the 1st 50% being the 1st pass, and the remaining 50% actually encoding.

Baz lad

Minion  2002-09-11 07:52:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can not use the "Multiplex" tool on avi files or Wav files, so that wouldn"t work..And I know you aren"t useing the 2-Pass method so i Don"t know what could be wrong...What Type of AVI file is it?, like what codec was it encoded to avi with?

Request - TE25 - Nero asks for re-encode after using MPEG Cut No.27845
valera  2002-09-10 18:07:45 ( ID:b2eevd6.rpj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Please help!
When I use TMPGEnc Plus to encode the movie and then burn it with Nero, everything works fine. If, though, I cut the MPEG in half to fit it onto a CD, then Nero invariably needs to reencode files, which takes huge amounts of time. What am I doing wrong? What should I change or set to avoid this lengthy reencoding?

Kat  2002-09-10 19:12:09 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am certainly no expert, being a rank amateur and "newbie", but the same thing has happened to me, and I just hit the Nero "turn off standard settings" (or something... don't recall the exact language, but basically I told Nero to go ahead and burn the CD without reencoding.)

The result was fine every time I have done that. Now, my DVD player is definitely one of the less picky ones. I bought the cheap Apex at Circuit City, because it takes just about anything. Your DVD player may be pickier, but I would try that at least once, to see if it works for you.

That is, unless Ashy, Minion or one of the other experts here say otherwise, that is! LOL

Wyatt  2002-09-10 21:46:16 ( ID:w13jqryzekk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cutting the movie seems to mess up the VCD or SVCD type of the stream.
Use "Simple multiplex" to fix this on the two parts you cut from the original. Use video and audio part from the same mpg file and set the desired streamtype. Create a new file that has the correct VCD or SVCD Structure again (You may notice the new file differs in length a bit). Your burning Program should accept the new file ...

Hope that helps, at least that fixed my problems ...

Minion  2002-09-10 21:54:32 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You probably had the stream type set to the wrong setting when you cut the file, and if you burn it without the correct header the file won"t play properly, and the newer versions have a bug in them were they have a problem writeing the svcd header on the Mpeg2 file, so the best thing is to use an older version ,one before 2.57 and it should work for cutting correctly...

ASHY  2002-09-10 22:18:29 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This is most likely because u dis not change the stream type to the correct one to add the VCD headers when cutting as minion said.
The default stream is 'MPEG1 system (automatic)' this is incorrect for VCD and will give an error in your burning program just as Nero has done.
For VCD the stream needs to be 'MPEG1 VideoCD' or 'MPEG1 VideoCD (non standard)'
For SVCD the stream needs to be 'MPEG2 SuperVCD (VBR)'

Run your already split files through the simple multiplexer with these stream settings to add the headers.

ASHY

Hercules Man  2002-09-11 02:16:21 ( ID:yjugllmhu1w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are doing mpg2 svcd, then nero will not like 48,000 audio. some players will support 48,000 audio, but it is the in spec with svcd compliant files. turning off compliant svcd in nero could do the trick however, but on the other hand, if you are making mpg1, or cutting, then like the above post, make sure you use mpg1 vcd, and not mpg1 automatic.

Baz lad

Question - TE25 - Faster settings No.27841
DIVX  2002-09-10 18:01:15 ( ID:vot6hxxbffo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Wondering what setting I can use to improve the speed.

I use 480x480 @ CQ65 4000-1000 Rate. I want great quality, but need to get more speed.

I'm purchasing a new system what would give me the best boost for the money. Ram, HD, Speed....

Thanks
Steven

Minion  2002-09-10 21:50:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

A faster Processor is the biggest thing you can do to get faster speed, a big ram boost doesn"t seem to help a lot, it helps a bit but not much...

B_Racer  2002-09-12 16:04:39 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you have a P4 and Win2k or XP, you can increase the Speed by switching Mulziprozessing on (no Joke!).

Divx  2002-09-14 16:56:52 ( ID:r.o1gyof2bc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>If you have a P4 and Win2k or XP, you can increase the Speed by switching Mulziprozessing on (no Joke!).
>
>
Please explain. I have a p4 @2.4ghz with 512Ram, also a p4 2.0 with 256. What can be done to speed this up.

Steven

Question - TE25 - I'll still be converting but probably less from now on ... No.27839
Olli  2002-09-10 17:52:37 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me on this board - especially Ashy and Minion (you guys are a valuable asset to the community and a 'thank you' doesn't even begin to thank you for all the hard work you put in in answering all the replies you post in an informative and friendly manner). Over the past few months I have perfected the art of converting DIVX to XVCD and couldn't have done it without the help of people on this board

I have recently got a new laptop which has svideo out and will be watching most of my DIVX movies directly from my laptop on my TV, so I will be converting less and less.

The main reason is really because my player doesn't handle high bitrates too well and being a perfectionist I want the best quality output. Maybe I'll buy a cheapo player sometime soon that will handle high bitrates, but for now Im going to try the svideo connect.

thanks again and see you around

Olli

ASHY  2002-09-10 22:19:50 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Cu soon Olli.

ASHY

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.