Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 726 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Bug report TE25 Size changes in Plus? Will Borden 4 2002-09-05 05:01:46
Question TE25 How to set up the interlace Matt C Dal 5 2002-09-07 19:55:21
Question TE25 avi looks like crap. drexxel 1 2002-09-03 10:06:14
Question TE25 Tmpeg crash on 99% encode process Rickmate 1 2002-09-06 11:29:11
Question TE25 HAs anyone actually gotten this program to work> Shofb 4 2002-09-04 22:49:23
Question TE25 Fle unsupported or can not open lax player 4 2002-09-03 05:07:45
Question TE25 divide and code rickki804 6 2002-09-03 10:01:36
Question TE25 AVI not supported? Benighted 2 2002-09-09 18:20:22
Question TE25 File too big for cd Joshua 4 2002-09-04 04:25:09
Question TE25 Can Not Seek After Encoding Randall Miller 0 2002-09-02 17:01:28
Question TE25 CQ-VBR Quality Setting Randall Miller 3 2002-09-03 10:10:12
Question TE25 MOV TO MPG Chris 1 2002-09-02 22:01:04

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 726 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Bug report - TE25 - Size changes in Plus? No.27548
Will Borden  Home )  2002-09-03 13:07:06 ( ID:t1mpptunhbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When encoding NTSC.aviDV to DVD .mpeg2 or .m2v the size changes to equivalent of PAL.. (it grows in height) This happens using the Wizard or setting at video only. Using VBR or CBR. Have tried different bitrates from 4900 t0 6500 average.. Have not tried .mpeg1 yet..

Will Borden  Home )  2002-09-03 23:50:12 ( ID:t1mpptunhbc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

As it turns out I do not think the problem is with TMPGEnc .. I made two other files encoded with Ligos and DVDitPE and they do the same thing.. This show up when burning to DVD and playing on aTV also.. My system must have a bug.. Has anyone else experienced this?

jajouka  2002-09-04 02:13:33 ( ID:2jy5nw6ruw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes.
I've used honestech also and the size problem is still there. its too tall and thin. I've tried all bitrates and other options but I can't find a way. I'm trying to make a svcd.

Minion  2002-09-04 04:22:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well the Bitrate or encodeing method will not affect the Aspect Ratio, I think you just need to set the "Video Arrange Method" to "FullScreen"Keep Aspect Ratio" This should display the movie in the frame as close to the same way as the source file is Displayed..You can also change the way the movie is displayed with the "Clip Frame" settings.....

Febre  2002-09-05 05:01:46 ( ID:mi.p8q6xq2o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I think it has to do with nero. I've been having this problem with TmpgEnc 2.57, but I originally assumed it had to do with the aspect ratio. When I finishing encoding a film and watch it off my hard drive in WinDVD 4, the aspect ratio is perfect. When I burn the film with Nero 5.5.9.0 and play the resulting disc, the aspect ratio is stretch vertically. I'm using the "full screen keep aspect ratio" setting too. I've also notice when I encode some movies in mpeg1 and my original source was a 16:9, I would get a 16:9 while watching the movie on my hard drive, but again when I burn to disc with nero, the resulting aspect ratio on the disc is displayed as a 4:3 (regardless if I preset WinDVD to display in 16:9 or keep aspect ratio)!? The last movie I had that did this was The Contender. Off hand I've had this problem happen about 3 or 4 times for mpeg1. Just started to mess around with mpeg2, but my time is limited on the use of mpeg2 to determine if this aspect ratio problem is going to persist. I just finished High Crimes in mpeg2 and same problem occured on disc playback

Question - TE25 - How to set up the interlace No.27542
Matt C Dal  2002-09-03 05:21:15 ( ID:hiyo4uav.uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Question for everyone. I have edited and prepared two .avi files using Premiere and a DV500. I know that an AVI file is a upper frame first, while the MPEG-2 format is a lower field first. It is my understanding that to properly encode the video for output on a TV with a DVD player, I need to set the MPEG-2 to a upper field first otherwise I will get jerky video. Question is where to do that. On one of the first pages of the wizard, you are prompted for the source's interlace - but I did not see where you select the output interlace method. Am I missing something or is there a place to set that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt

Minion  2002-09-03 10:16:20 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The field order for mpeg is not Pre determined, if you use the Plus" version the wiZard will scan the file for the Correct Field Order..you set the "Field Order" in the "Advanced" Settings, not in the Wizard...

Matt  2002-09-04 22:15:44 ( ID:2iw7oejz2fh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Here is my concern. The first time that I used my DV500 to export a file that I burned onto a CD rom, it flickered because the AVI file format and the MPEG file format are reversed as to whether it is the upper field first or the lower field first. I learned that if I forced the DV500 program to output to MPEG with the upper field first, this fixed my interlace problem and the DVD played properly on TV. Are you telling me that TMPENC fixes this problem automatically?

Matt

Minion  2002-09-04 22:26:17 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, it does if you are useing the "Plus version" and you load the file in useing the "Wizard" it will take about 10 seconds to scan the file for the correct field order, a window will pop up saying "scanning for field order" then is will adjust it to the field order that it detects.....

Matt  2002-09-05 04:25:58 ( ID:hiyo4uav.uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Okay - is there not a way to do that in the non-plus version? I have not had a chance to upgrade yet and I am only going to be using this software to do a one-time project.

Matt

Matt  2002-09-07 19:55:21 ( ID:hiyo4uav.uk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Minion, did I lose you? Tell me do you know how long until ver 3 comes out?

Question - TE25 - avi looks like crap. No.27540
drexxel  2002-09-03 03:39:33 ( ID:o/h4imk1iwr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

i download an avi, it looks like crap: blurry movement, non sharp detail,and overall really choppy. I read about using the "load" settings under "unlock" but i don't know the ballpark figure for bitrate and what to do to clean this crappy avi intlo a crisp vcd or svcd picture?

Minion  2002-09-03 10:06:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encodeing the file to Mpeg is not going to Fix it, encodeing to mpeg will only make it worse not better, ever heard of "Garbage in garbage out" well that is what mpeg encodeing is like...

Question - TE25 - Tmpeg crash on 99% encode process No.27538
Rickmate  2002-09-03 03:15:58 ( ID:/z/zzjfjbxc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ive started to get these errors (after i reformatted my comp, didnt happen before) where when i am encoding i get an error box saying tmpeg crash on kernel or something, i got a different error box yesterday and i wouldnt mind it so much except for the fact if i want to do batch encoding.. the movies i was encoding were both divx's, converting to mpeg for vcd. it hasnt happened before and ive encoded quite a few times.. i would like to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and/or a solution, as i am wanting to convert some episodes and i need to use the batch encode, and if it crashes, its useless.. thanks for your time
cheers
Rick

Cleverbum  2002-09-06 11:29:11 ( ID:yjncczzqdg2 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,
I'm having this problem too, but like you it only happens some times. I havent yet managed to find a common factor in the occurrences... i was using it the day before yesterday and it worked fine and now today it doesnt, after having changed nothing, no doubt in a week or two it will be fine again.
had any luck solving your problem?

Question - TE25 - HAs anyone actually gotten this program to work> No.27533
Shofb  2002-09-03 02:24:52 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This program has been very buggy for me to say the least. I get all kinds of errors, mostly MPG Audio stream errors. I have posted about these on the BBS but to no avail. There is one file I am trying to encode. It worked one time but the aspect ratio was wrong. I can not encode it again. The original source file has not changed. The audio streaming errors occur at different places in the file, never at the same place. It is obviously not anything wrong with the file, the program has major problems. Any program given the same input data should produce the same results. This does not. There are major internal problems, probably memory leaks.

I even used Virtual dub to extract the audio to a wav file and then used that as input with the original video. Errored out after 2 hours of processing.

Does anyone know of another program that actually work?.

homer simpson  2002-09-03 02:50:04 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yeah its really annoying

frak  2002-09-03 09:18:20 ( ID:gf8zeznrb5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just got 2.57 and encoding a dvd rip to svcd crashed at 99%... talk about a PITA... it took 7 fcking hours too.. 2pass, high quality motion.

Dude  2002-09-03 11:39:51 ( ID:e4nlxjww0ig )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Ok i don't want to start some flame wars here.

Frist off this is considered (and rightfully so) one of the best if not the best software mpeg encoders period. It rivals and beats software encoders that cost in the thousands of dollars. I am heavily into video enocoding and have been using this program for over 2 years.

I restore video from analogue sources, These are captured with an mjpeg codec or RGB huffy lossless codec. Encoding them with tmpgenc has never (ever) given me a problem.

Regarding incorrect aspect ratios, make sure before encoding you load a template (vcd,svcd, vcdfilm) The last one, vcdfilm, is to be used if the source is 24 fps (23.976 to be exact) Play your current file in windows media player, right click and choose statistics and you'll see the current frame rate.

Regarding the crashing and you saying its obviously not the source file. Sigh, your source is probably a downloaded divx. There are 2 divx codecs. The original (3.11 alpha) is riddled with bugs. It can cause errors on encoding even if it will play back all the way through. Try this, go to www.virtualdub.org and download it. This btw is another great video program if you haven't heard of it. load your video file in it. Go through the file all the way with the slider, I'm betting you'll get to a point where virtualdub will report an error and crash. This will be your corrupt frame(s). It's a nightmare trying to fix a corrupt divx, but it can be done.

No program is flawless though. Tmpgenc is a great encoder, but its filters are a little lacking. Also its demux/and remuxing can cause errors (last I tried, game up doing it in tmpgenc but will try again) Virtualdub has much better filtering/resizing methods. You can use virtualdub and frameserve the file on the fly to tmpgenc instead of having to resave the file and incur more loss. Even better is avisynth, a script base video filtering system(with the best ivtc period).

So please stop complaining and try to learn about the tools.

ASHY  2002-09-04 22:49:23 ( ID:4adzcnohuc. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I agree with you wholly on this. Like you said using crap, corrupt and dodgy files from the internet only creates problems for the encoder which is not the encoders fault because these corrupt files are presenting corrupt data to the encoder which it doesn't expect and won't be able to continue encoding until that particular frame is corrected.

Due to the instability of downloaded files I only convert DVD rips or AVI's I have created my self and NEVER have a problem with these.
I promise you if the source is good the output will be and will encoded without a problem.

So please stop blaming the tool for doing a bad job when it is the creater of the original file that is faulty.

Question - TE25 - Fle unsupported or can not open No.27528
lax player  2002-09-03 01:37:51 ( ID:alnij9bprzo )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I d/l a movie in the avi and started to encode to mpeg to make a vcd. I'm using tmpgnc version 2.57. Okay so I loaded it all up and it stated working but i was noticeing it keep having a purple tint so i looked up at the forums and foun out it was cuz i had that one codec thing that makes it purple so i deleted all that and uninstalled it all then tried to encode it again but know it says file can't open or unsupported. But the file just worked b4 so why won't it work now?

Minion  2002-09-03 02:16:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That codec you deleted was a Mpeg-4 codec called "Angel Potion" and maybe this was the only mpeg-4 Codec you had and the AVI file you have is probably mpeg-4, so you probably need to download a Mpeg 4 codec,You can probably use Microsoft Mpeg-4 codecs, or an old Divx codec..But if this doesn"t solve your problem then you probably just need to raise the Priority of the "Direct Show file reader" ,you do this by going to "Options" to "enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2" this should get it loaded, you should try this first then if that don"t work then you need the Mpeg-4 codec...

lax player  2002-09-03 21:28:21 ( ID:kqeswzcpkao )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>I d/l a movie in the avi and started to encode to mpeg to make a vcd. I'm using tmpgnc version 2.57. Okay so I loaded it all up and it stated working but i was noticeing it keep having a purple tint so i looked up at the forums and foun out it was cuz i had that one codec thing that makes it purple so i deleted all that and uninstalled it all then tried to encode it again but know it says file can't open or unsupported. But the file just worked b4 so why won't it work now?

---Can you suggest any good mpeg4 codec that wont turn tmpenc purle?

Minion  2002-09-03 22:13:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did, Microsoft Mpeg-4, or the old Divx 3x or divx4x.only the Angel potion will cause discoloration......

rickki804  2002-09-03 05:07:45 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did like you said and I do have a viewable picture that my DVD player reads. But......it is very glitchy. Clear, but glitchy

Question - TE25 - divide and code No.27521
rickki804  2002-09-02 22:43:31 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am trying to divide and encode a file that says under audio stream "unknown ( (tag 2000)
I have to divide the file without extracting the audio, otherwise I get a ACM error. I was able to convert it with TMPGEnc, and burn it with VCDeasy. However, when I put it in my DVD player, it says NO DISC. All of my other regular file can be read by my DVD player. Any suggestions on what to do?

Minion  2002-09-03 00:39:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you converted it, was there audio and video in the mpeg file before you burned it to Cd-R???

rickki804  2002-09-03 02:11:52 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yep. I am watching the file on media player right now. When the movie file started, the slider moved quickly to the end and I thought the movie would end, but even though the slider is at the end, the movie continued to play. I don't know if this means anything or not, but thought I would tell you.

Minion  2002-09-03 02:20:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like there is a header problem in the file, it could have happened in Tmpgenc or in VCDEasy cuz VCDEasy rewrites the header if you put in Chapters..You can try running the Mpeg file through the Merge & cut" to put a New header on the file and see if the file plays normally after that and if not you might need to re-encode the avi file....

rickki804  2002-09-03 02:26:01 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

yes there is sound and video on the converted mpeg file.

rickki804  2002-09-03 05:11:12 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I did the merge and cut per your instructions and reburned. My DVD player does read and play the movie, but it is very glittchy, very clear, but glittchy. I didn't get far enough into the file to see if the audio is in sync. Do you have any suggestion about the next step??

Minion  2002-09-03 10:01:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well there isn"t much you can do....You either cun re-encode the avi file and see if it turns out better next time or you can move on to something else...

Question - TE25 - AVI not supported? No.27518
Benighted  2002-09-02 22:02:11 ( ID:v7vb8cgemy. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded some AVI files. TMPGEnc opens some for conversion and others it tells me they are not supported. They are all avi files and are rips of movies. What is the difference and how can I convert them to a usable format.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-02 22:23:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Just Need To raise TRhe Priority of The "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2".....

Muah_dib  2002-09-09 18:20:22 ( ID:/v5yds.m9jk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

>You Just Need To raise TRhe Priority of The "Direct Show File Reader" in the "Vfapi Plugins" you do this by going to "Options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the "Direct Show" to "2".....

I have done this and it works most of the time but not always.
For example I have a 519Mb avi file which has the following properties
audio - MPEG Layer-3,127 kBit/s, 44,100 Hz, Stereo (no problems)
video - 352 x 288, 181656 Frames, 25.000 Frames/Sec, 73 KB/Sec, Unknown Format "... can not open, or unsupported."

Any suggestions

regards
Muah_dib

Question - TE25 - File too big for cd No.27513
Joshua  2002-09-02 20:54:24 ( ID:wbzi9s8mfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm trying to convert some movies that I downloaded (avi's I think) into mpegs so I can burn them as vcds. When I got to convert the movie, it says that it will be too big to put on a single disk. Is there a way to make it split up the file so I can put it on two disks or more? Do I need to split up the file before conversion, or can I convert it and then split up the file? When I split up the file, where will i know to split it at, so I get the best quality and most out of the movie. Thanks!!

Minion  2002-09-02 22:20:19 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After you are done encodeing the long movie you can use the "Mpeg Tools" to split it into parts, they are located under "File"...Or you can use the "Source Range" in the "Advanced Settings" to encode the movie in parts...But if you decide to split the movie after encodeing you might need to use a Dufferent Mpeg editor Cuz the "Mpeg Tools" seem to have A few bugs in them that seem to turn up more often than Not...

Joshua  2002-09-04 00:17:15 ( ID:wbzi9s8mfzl )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanks for the help! any suggestions on a different mpeg editor?

Minion  2002-09-04 02:20:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are a few mpeg editors that are good but not many of them are free..i don"t use any mpeg editors cuz I haven"t been able to get any of them to work properly,so i just split them with the source range or cut them before hand...

Minion  2002-09-04 04:25:09 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

M2-Edit Pro or Mpeg2VCR are fairly good Mpeg editors....

Question - TE25 - Can Not Seek After Encoding No.27512
Randall Miller  2002-09-02 17:01:28 ( ID:daas392zyur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57.41.146
Core 1.90.138

Encoded DIVXMPG4 V3 AVI to Mpeg1. Result plays fine, as long as it is played from the very beginning. When fast forwarded/reversed, the audio is lost. Sometimes the video also freezes.

Question - TE25 - CQ-VBR Quality Setting No.27508
Randall Miller  2002-09-02 16:51:50 ( ID:daas392zyur )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Version 2.57.41.146
Core 1.90.138

How does the CQ-VBR Quality Setting relate to the encoding process?

What is actually being changed?

Is there a method to determine the maximum bit rate, beyond which the video quality will not increase??? (assuming you know the max/min/avg data rate and frame rate of the source)?

Minion  2002-09-02 22:13:00 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you trying to find out a Way to figure out what the file size is going to be???If you are it is pretty hard to figure out....All the Quality slider seems to do is allocate more bits to the encodeing proscess so the higher the slider goes the More bits get allocated and the bigger the file size and the better the quality....

Randall Miller  2002-09-03 02:28:22 ( ID:eptogrq9ejh )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am looking to optimize the quality of the encoded video, without wasting disk space. In the VBR-CQ mode we have already specified the minimum and maximum data rates. If the required video rate falls with the min/max, what does the Quality slider adjust? Pixels/frame? Spaitial frequency limit? Motion threshold?

I am happy to use multiple disks, I just don't want them filled with zeroes.

Minion  2002-09-03 10:10:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Quality slider affects "Quality", with in turn affects File size...It seems that if you move the slider higher the average bitrate gets higher...

Question - TE25 - MOV TO MPG No.27506
Chris  2002-09-02 16:46:55 ( ID:1pgbvelk.hm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Hi,

i have downloaded the TMPEG Enc. 2.57 but i can't convert any .mov-File of the Quick Time Player to MPG. I already downloaded the "QTReader.vfp" but when i converted the file to MPG the quality of the file is very bad.
what can i do?

Minion  2002-09-02 22:01:04 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don"t think there is much you Can do ,if the QT Reader isn"t produceing good Quality that is the only remedy that Tmpgenc has for encodeing Mov files...You can encode it to AVI then to Mpeg, or you can use CinemaCraft, it supports Mov files, but the mpeg1 quality isn"t as good as tmpgenc but the Mpeg2 quality is better.....

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.