Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 727 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 Encode Twice homer simpson 4 2002-09-06 16:11:14
Question TE25 encoded file much bigger than specified in Wizard Henry 1 2002-09-02 05:02:29
Question TE25 Can I put subtitles to an mpeg with TMPGenc? Aqua-aciD 2 2002-09-02 13:19:16
Question TE25 Question bbboy98 2 2002-09-02 10:12:51
Bug report TE25 MPEG Audio Stream Error Shofb 3 2002-09-02 22:25:39
Question TE25 Is there,or is there no SVCD MPEG support? Bench23 2 2002-09-02 13:28:34
Question TE25 Divx Video AC3 or DVM Audio Kat 6 2002-09-02 14:11:26
Question TE25 Block Noise homer simpson 1 2002-09-02 10:19:01
Question TE25 My movies will stop 20 min into the film linkustogether 3 2002-09-02 01:20:41
Free talk TE25 dhr Sjoo 1 2002-09-01 22:14:55
Bug report TE25 TMPpgenc hangs every time Pippingp 4 2002-11-26 10:52:31
Question TE25 audio problem !!!! Samster 1 2002-09-01 17:02:10

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 727 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - Encode Twice No.27501
homer simpson  2002-09-02 15:52:06 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I just had an idea yesterday and i was wondering if it would work or not. Lets say i was making a video that would play at 1500kbps. I know the source file plays at 524kbps so the quality would be better at 1500kbps. I also know the source file affects the quality of the output file. To make the quality best maybe i could encode the video at 5000kbps to get out some of the blockiness. Then i could reencode it down to 1500kbps with the source file at 5000kbps. Since the source file would be the nice 5000kbps video instead of thge 524 one the the 1500kbps video would be nicer when made from the 5000kbps video in comparison to the 1500kbps made from the 524kbps video. Would this work or not? I want to make the same size file video with better quality by using this process. hope you understand what i am getting at cause its kind of hard to understand.

thanks for help

Minion  2002-09-02 21:55:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I understand what you are saying but it doesn"t work that way, no matter what bitrate you encode the movie at the mpeg will not have the same quality as the source file,so if you encode it once at a really high bitrate the mpeg will have less quality than the source file then if you encode that at a lower bitrate it will loose even more quality..If you just encode it right the first time you will get the best results...

homer simpson  2002-09-03 00:08:25 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Are you saying encoding actually messes up quality??????????

Minion  2002-09-03 00:36:13 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes It does, A encoded movie will allways have less Quality than the source, sometimes it Might not be noticeable to the Naked eye when useing enough bitrate..

ASHY  2002-09-06 16:11:14 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You cannot make Gold from iron. Simple as that and that is more or less what you are suggesting unless you are some kind of alchemist.

As minion says you can't simple improve the quality by increasing the bitrate of the original. All you will end up with is the same crap looking movie, but encoded at a higher bitrate and larger file size. You cannot remove blocks once encoded into the movie, you may be able to reduce the effect with filters, but that is is.
If it was possible to do what you say then we could all encode our movies to a very low bitrate and thus smaller file size for archive purposes and then just re-encode to a higher bitrate when we need the movie to improve the quality.

Lower bitrate means less quality because of less data retained in the original movie. This data cannot be replaced and thus the original can't be improved by simply increasing the bitrate.

ASHY

Question - TE25 - encoded file much bigger than specified in Wizard No.27499
Henry  2002-09-02 03:47:12 ( ID:27f2rqfp3wk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

encoded a 95minute movie with CBR setting of 950kbps for videoa (from DVD2AVI project)and 244 kbps extracted Wav audio(used CLADVD to rip and frameserve)..TMPEGENC Wizard had preedicted 804MB disk...actual was 997MB!!! obviously won't fit on a VCD...
why is this off...

Minion  2002-09-02 05:02:29 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You are makeing a NON_Standard VCD so you have to change the "System Setting" to "Video-CD Non-Standard"...Go to "Settings" to "System" and change it to "VCD Non-Standard"...Tmpgenc will add padding to the file to keep it VCD Compliant unless you change the stream setting......At 950kbs the quality must be really bad, You would probably better off and happier about the result if you put it on 2 cd=r"s and raise the bitrate to 2125kbs, at least it will look good..

Question - TE25 - Can I put subtitles to an mpeg with TMPGenc? No.27496
Aqua-aciD  Home )  2002-09-02 03:47:04 ( ID:lilcnhjltvk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Can I put subtitles to the avi and then decode it to a mpeg?

Minion  2002-09-02 04:57:01 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you want to put Subtitles into a AVI file then encode it to Mpeg ,you will need something like "Virtual Dub" with the "Subtitle Plugin" and Frame serve the AVI with the Subs to Tmpgenc....You can get Virtual Dub at "WWW.Virtualdub.Net"

starlight  2002-09-02 13:19:16 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you want to produce a svcd there is another option beside encoding the subtitles into the picture.
svcd allows for up to 4 subtitles that can be chosen by the player.
if that is what you want, you need bmp's an a subtitle scipt and mux the subtitles into the programstream.
tmpg cannot do that, but with maestro sbt and winsubmux you can do it, extensive guide on subtitles for svcd you can find on www.vcdhelp.com or www.doom9.org

Question - TE25 - Question No.27493
bbboy98  2002-09-02 03:26:13 ( ID:yp.sy/fflza )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am getting a floating decimal error when I start to encode an mpg2 file. What causes this and how can I fix it? I am using Win XP. Thanks

Minion  2002-09-02 04:53:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That error is usually caused by Corrupted frames in your source file, or you can get that error if you do anything with your computer besides encodeing, even haveing the screen saver come on has been known to give you this error..If you keep getting the error there is one way to fix it but it will make the encodeing take a lot longer...Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "CPU" and "UN-Check" the "SSE & SSE-2" Boxes, then go to "settings" to "Quantize Matrix" and "UN-Check" the Box next to "Use Floating Point DCT"..This will Turn off the "Floating Point" system but it also disables the SSE and SSE2 optimizeations which will slow down the encodeing....

Olli  2002-09-02 10:12:51 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

...or if you want to fix the bad frame and encode with all the optimizations you can use avidefreezer ...go to the utils section which also has a a guide

http://screw.wz.cz/test/downloads.htm

Bug report - TE25 - MPEG Audio Stream Error No.27489
Shofb  2002-09-02 02:55:33 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been trying to encode a DVD Rip. I did it once but screwed up the aspect ratio. Other than that it works fine. I have tried to do it again ( fixing the aspect ratio ) but now I get "MPEG Audio Stream errors" at random points. I have tried 3 times and have gotten this error at three different places. What gives? I know the source is OK since I encoded it before. The original also plays fine in Windows Media Player. The source has not changed so wht gives.

Also, this program really needs some work on the error handling and reporting. I have gotten alot of errors where an error box pops up with 2 numbers, none of which mean anything to me. There should be a switch to turn off these useless error boxes and log the errors instead.

Minion  2002-09-02 05:07:07 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What format is the Audio in???Have you tried the external audio encoders for Tmpgenc ,like Toolame, or SCMPX????or you can just use a totally different audio encoder and mux the audio and video together...You can even use "DB Power Amp" to encode the audio to Mp2, there are 3 differant mp2 codecs for it and it is Free....

Shofb  2002-09-02 07:44:29 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thats all fine but doesnt explain why the errors occur at different places and why did it encode without errors before? I just reied again and got the same error at yet a different place. There is a problem with this program.

Minion  2002-09-02 22:25:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can"t tell you why the error happens just how to get arround them..

Question - TE25 - Is there,or is there no SVCD MPEG support? No.27486
Bench23  2002-09-02 01:04:01 ( ID:q8psl0vgef. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

okay I have a SVCD compliant mpg file which I want to convert to a VCD mpg file, since my DVD player does not support SVCD files. The thing is when I click on the browse button next to video source on the main window - when I click ok after selecting my file - it gives me an error msg saying the file is not supported - surely a basic thing like this should be support, shouldn't it?

Minion  2002-09-02 01:36:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Encodeing Mpeg to Mpeg isn"t a basic thing ,Not many encoders support Encodeing Mpeg files to Mpeg files..But to your problem, you need to have a Mpeg2 decoder installed on your system to load Mpeg files into Tmpgenc, if you Have "Power DVD" installed on your system then you will have a Mpeg2 Decoder,Sometimes if you "De Multiplex" the Mpeg file you can load in the Mpeg Video file into Tmpgenc, and Just encode the video Cuz The Audio is allready in the Correct format, then after the encodeing is done you "Multiplex" the encoded mpeg with the "De-Multiplexed" audio..But if you still can"t get Tmpgenc to Load the Mpeg file use "DVD2AVI, you load the "MPV" file into "DVD2AVI and make a "D2V project File and use that as the video source in Tmpgenc, then encode it without the audio then after, multiplex the audio and video together.The DVD2AVI way works all the time...

starlight  2002-09-02 13:28:34 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

there is a trick, to fool the dvdplayer, you can use the simple multiplex option in the mpeg tools of tmpgenc to make a mpeg2 that has vcd sequence headers. then burn a vcd with that file.
The player thinks it is a vcd, but it will choose the appropriate decoder when playing the AV. And since your dvdplayer has a mpeg2 decoder (dvd is mpeg2 too) this should work
However, this won't work on all player (although i only encountered 1 so far)
converting the headers doesn't take to long, because the videodata doesn't have to be reencoded, just new headers written. most people refer to this as the "header trick"

Question - TE25 - Divx Video AC3 or DVM Audio No.27479
Kat  2002-09-02 00:03:09 ( ID:x7xyqdvckcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I downloaded a video and used Virtual Dub to extract the audio to a WAV. Unfortunately, the resulting WAV file is jumpy enough to be totally unintelligible. I actually neglected to test it before encoding with TMPGenc, and the CD's (burned with Nero) were great visually, but unintelligible, sound-wise. Both of the original *.avi's played well on my computer, though.

I looked at some of the AC3 posts that a search of this site turned up, but I am too new to this video burning thing to really understand what I need to do, to correct this.

Codec Viewer (that I only found, thanks to a guru on this BB!) reports the following:

Video: Divx Mpeg-4 3 (Low Motion) Audio codec: DVM or AC3

[I don't understand this at all!]

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this onto vcd's? I need some SIMPLE TO USE audio decoders/converters, I guess.

Also, I don't understand what people are talking about when they say "mux or demux". What is that?

Kat

Minion  2002-09-02 01:28:27 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Mux is the same as "Multiplex" which is the joining of a Video and audio file, and "de-mux" is the same as "De-Multiplex" which is the seperateing of Video and audio streams..In the "Mpeg Tools" there are "Muxers" and "de-muxers"...It seems that the audio in your Divx file is "AC3" which is "Dolby Digital" you need to extract the audio and encode it to Wav...Look on a search engine for "AC3 Decode" and try to use that to get a wav file out of your Divx file...

Kat  2002-09-02 01:59:27 ( ID:x7xyqdvckcm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

THANKS Minion! I think you were the poster that led me to the Code Viewer. Can you point me to a REALLY SIMPLE AC3 decoder? I looked at the ones turned up in a Google search, and they seemed a bit complicated.

Also... will I still use TMPGenc to encode, after I extract the audio with the tool that you recommend?

Kat

Minion  2002-09-02 05:10:42 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes you would use Tmpgenc to encode, I haven"t been able to find an easy AC# decoder for you yet, AC3 is sort of hard to work with cuz there aren"t a lot of programs for encodeing and decodeing AC3...An Easyier one is "Soft encode" but it is hard to find and Expensive to Buy....

zenxeon  2002-09-02 09:20:38 ( ID:7jd2qlyfokm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

In response to the AC3 decoding process, I have found a really easy way to manipulate a few things to get it to work. First extract the audio from the avi file using virtualdub (just extract into a wav) then rename the extension to ac3. After all that is complete run you decoder, i use ac3decoder 1.0 really basic but it gets the job done, and access your extracted wave (ac3) file and decode.... GOOD LUCK!! zenxeon

Olli  2002-09-02 10:16:02 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

another very simple but good converter is headac3he

http://mitglied.lycos.de/darkav/svcdguide/svcd.html

starlight  2002-09-02 14:11:26 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

on doom9 you can find a good ac3 coder/decoder (that's where codec comes from) bbsweet.
it allows for decoding ac3,mp2, mp3, aif and god knows what into ac3, mp2, mp3, aif, 5.1 wav and god knows what.
there is a nice gui for the package as well, BeSweetGUI 0.6b51
doom9: www.doom9.org

Question - TE25 - Block Noise No.27477
homer simpson  2002-09-01 23:51:53 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I encoded some South Park and Simpsons episode but they have tons of block noise. No matter how much I increase the quality and bitrate the blockiness doesn't go away. Is it just because the movies are animated? How can I get rid of the blocks?

Olli  2002-09-02 10:19:01 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is the block noise there on the source file ?
If the source is blocky you can try using some of the filters to clean the output up, but ultimately you need a good source to produce really good output.

If the block noise is not present in your source file and is not present in the output when viewed through a software DVD player like Power DVD, it may be that you are burning at too high a speed, or that the media brand you are using is not fully compatible with your DVD player.

Question - TE25 - My movies will stop 20 min into the film No.27473
linkustogether  2002-09-01 20:42:12 ( ID:..zgkedr9bf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am using tmpge 2.57 and everything seems to go fine with turnning avi to mpeg, i go to load and selet video cd (ntsc) and then select the movies i want to transfer and then i use easy cd creator 5 vcd program and i have an apex dvd player that plays anything, it plays perfect for about 20 to 25 minutes and then slowly gets choppy and then stops. Does anyone have any advice for me, i would much appreciate it.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-01 22:16:43 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well Is the Mpeg file like This??Is it just like this on your DVD player Or did it look good after encodeing??

linkustogether  2002-09-02 00:27:17 ( ID:..zgkedr9bf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Its not the dvd player, it does it when i play the recorded cd in windows media player to. I gave a copy to a friend and it did the same thing playing on his computer when he played it, it would play fine up until about 20 to 25 minutes and I have recorded other movies and it does the same thing. Does that help you any.

Thanks,
Jerry

Minion  2002-09-02 01:20:41 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

All I can think of is to re-encode the file and see if it looks better this time but if it does the same thing at the same time then it is probably a problem with the avi file..

Free talk - TE25 - dhr No.27471
Sjoo  2002-09-01 19:42:44 ( ID:knimds8taw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Does tempgenc works under win xp,i cant load any mpeg file tempgenc hangs every time please help.

the system is a p4 1,8 ghz with win xp instald

Minion  2002-09-01 22:14:55 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

It Sure does work on XP, If you are loading Mpeg files into Tmpgenc you have to make sure that you have the proper Mpeg Decoder installed on your system..You need either the "Ligos" mpeg Decoder, or you need the "Cyberlink" Mpeg Decoder, if you have "Power DVD" then you should have the Cyberlink Decoder, sometimes De-Multiplexing the Mpeg file will get it to load in to Tmpgenc.......

Bug report - TE25 - TMPpgenc hangs every time No.27466
Pippingp  2002-09-01 13:50:06 ( ID:p8sohzh2q7h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Every time I try to encode I get error -272762914 859034592 and then the program hangs. Can you help????

Olli  2002-09-02 10:20:27 ( ID:k24fqlswccn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Have you tried uninstalling TMPGEnc, downloading it again and re-installing ?
Failing that, make sure you don't have other applications running in the background and that you do not have screensavers or power management active

POP  2002-09-02 12:56:26 ( ID:d4a5wuxiwpr )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That kind of error could be because of

1. Bad source or codec
There may be error in the source movie or codec may be something wrong

2. Hardware error if you have different RAMs in your PC, or if your
system is unstable, the error may occure. Overclocking may cause it.
Even if you do not have any problem with other application, MPEG encoding
is one of most stressful work for PC, such error occures.

3. both 1 and 2.

dsprague  2002-09-06 22:51:14 ( ID:dcexyb8qsrm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having a similar problem. No offense, but this is a completely useless error message. It doesn't even indicate what program it is associated with; it just says ERROR. Since this is a free version and has been running well for me so far, I can't really complain too much, but if this ever came through my QA, it wouldn't have made it out without at least an indication of what application it's associated with, and that's the bare minimum. Anyway, asside from my design frustration, my error has a different number: -537403781 98304. It reoccurrs every few seconds when trying to encode a VCD mpeg from a DiVX source file. The source file runs perfectly fine in Media Player, I don't have any problems when running it through virtual dub, and I have re-downloaded and installed TMPGEnc (TMPGEnc-2.57.41.146-Free.zip) and still have the same problem. My machine is well maintained and I've never encountered a BSOD or any other stability problems, I shut down all other applications, and no powersave or screensaver is currently activated. All hardware in the machine is of the same make. I've run through this same scenario with similarly encoded source files, and this is the first out of 5 that I've run into an problem with, so I seriously doubt it's a problem with my machine, or configuration. The encode continues to run after I click OK on the message, but it the error just keeps coming up approximately every second of the source file. It's always the same error number. I'm assuming it's a problem with the source file, but so far have not been able to come up with any information or solutions, which makes me so frustrated with the vague error message. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Darktyl  2002-11-26 10:52:31 ( ID:byurryacw5r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

just so you don't try this... :)

I actually stay awake all night and clik through all the pop up error... guess what?

the result is a completely useless file, it got no video or audio, just a blank screen with the same length as the source, imagine how frustrate i am now...

i also try shut it down and restart, it still pop up that same error, except it got the second number differently

Question - TE25 - audio problem !!!! No.27464
Samster  2002-09-01 13:19:56 ( ID:0drilpzuovj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After encoding my avi video is corect but there is not sound ! Can you help me please?

lupy  2002-09-01 17:02:10 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

extract sound from avi using virtual dub....save wave as...and load the sound seperatley into tmpgenc

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.