Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 728 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 is there a simple way?? akira 1 2002-09-01 22:11:24
Question TE25 angel potion codec rickki804 4 2002-09-02 14:23:55
Question TE25 How can u encode clip after clip , instead of going to the computer after the next one is finish lee 1 2002-09-01 07:55:12
Question TE25 No Sound after encoding darksword 0 2002-09-01 01:12:24
Question TE25 Encoding problem Hwoarangtag 4 2002-09-03 20:56:02
Bug report TE25 mplapx.dll N25401 3 2002-09-05 10:14:32
Question TE25 No audio after encoding Mia 1 2002-09-01 01:10:33
Question TE25 Checking and reading headers? Starlight 4 2002-09-10 00:34:48
Question TE25 Numerous Errors Encoding Shofb 1 2002-08-31 19:45:09
Question TE25 i got video but no sound. Wramak 3 2002-09-01 22:06:16
Question TE25 VHS to SVCD question Jack 6 2002-09-01 03:24:23
Question TE25 Anybody know how to do this trick? TENCHI UNIVERSE 3 2002-09-01 19:57:00

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 728 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - is there a simple way?? No.27462
akira  2002-09-01 12:58:12 ( ID:8yfrh0k0y/a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After weeks of using the latest tmpgenc(with no succes by my pc keep locking up)
ive down graded to an older version of tmpgenc without the wizard with the nice feature that will encode to a certain % of cd space.
Is there a way of calculating how much mb the finished vcd or svcd file will be? and do options on tmpg like, sharpen edge/reduce gost and even motion shearch speed alter the amount of mb?. What im saying is is it possible to work out how big the ecoded file(s) will be before encoding?
many thanks

Minion  2002-09-01 22:11:24 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You can download a "Bitrate Calculator" to figure out what bitrate to use so you will be able to fit the movie on a CD-R..but if you are just doing Standard VCD"s then you can figure out the file size like this ,Each minute of Movie is 10MB of Mpeg file, for a Standard SVCD is 20MB per Minute...

Question - TE25 - angel potion codec No.27457
rickki804  2002-09-01 10:21:10 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have looked for the Angel Potion Codec. I don't see it. Is it in the Nemo Pack and if so, how is it listed?

ASHY  2002-09-01 15:05:57 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Why do you want it. This codec is notorious for causing problems. You should steer well clear of this piece of crap.

ASHY

rickki804  2002-09-01 20:54:07 ( ID:z8/b3bwft7r )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I don't want it. Minion said that it may be what is causing my color distortion. And since I have not downloaded any smr codecs. Only Divx 5, Nimo Pack, and the codec that come with Windows ME. I don't always have the distortion and wanted to know if it was possible that I got the codec in the Nimo Pack and if so how to identify it and Kill it. :-)

starlight  2002-09-02 14:19:58 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

And who says divx 5 isn't causing the problem?
Do i have to remind you that open divx is still in developement?
removing the codec isn't that hard.
it might removable with remove software (if it is in the list of installed software)
I should be in the list of installed codecs
in every windows version you can find it in the device manager>sound, video, game controllers>video codecs.
open the properties and you'll see what codecs are installed.
from within the properties you can remove codecs that cause problems.
What that does is remove the keys for that codec from the registry thus removing it from the OS, not from hd.
good luck

starlight  2002-09-02 14:23:55 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

BTW, early releases of windows ME have the wmv7 codec instead of wmv8 which is a mpeg4 codec and that will screw up any hacked divx codec.
The WMV 7 codec is part of the mplayer installation.
Later versions have the wmv8 codec that doesn't bother with any hacked codecs.

Question - TE25 - How can u encode clip after clip , instead of going to the computer after the next one is finish No.27455
lee  2002-09-01 05:43:16 ( ID:i5sescxfz3n )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

How can u encode clip after clip , instead of going to the computer after the next one is finish

Minion  2002-09-01 07:55:12 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes, It is called "Batch Encodeing" ..What you do is ,load in your file do the settings then go to "file" to "save project" and save the project file, then repeat for each file till they are all project files ,then go to "file" to "Batch encode" then load all the project file into the "Batch Encode" window" then click "run" and it will encode all the files in a row.

Question - TE25 - No Sound after encoding No.27454
darksword  2002-09-01 01:12:24 ( ID:vtiibvf2v72 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having some problems getting sound after encoding. If the source DVD is Dolby Digital 2 channel and I rip with Smartripper and DVD2AVI, the finished MPG created by TMPG looks and sounds fine. But if the source DVD is PCM, the resulting MPG looks good, but has no sound. I checked the wave file that DVD2AVI created, and it plays normally. Both DVD's were ripped to 48khz wav files. Any ideas?

Darksword

Question - TE25 - Encoding problem No.27449
Hwoarangtag  2002-09-01 01:09:22 ( ID:0vjpm7xrquf )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hi ppl,
i recently encoded couple of episodes of animes in order to put them into VCD, but suddenly, when i encoded one episode, the size of the mpeg file became twice bigger than the original and there is no sound.
I read a article that i have to use virtual dub to extract bla bla bla... Even after i do that, the audio is like lagging, and the audio is not synched with the video.

P.S. I have a strong computer, so i don't think the comp is a problem in that case!

Thank you

end2endburner  2002-09-01 15:27:44 ( ID:sqcfuydelu6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

funny, I´ve got the same prob with an anime in DivX 5.0

homer simpson  2002-09-01 23:57:43 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

To fix the sound try using external tools. Download scmpx (free)and then go to options, environmental settings, external tools, layer 2, browse, and then select scmpx. Im not sure but maybe you dont have the right codecs for the sound to play. Try to download a nimo codec pack and see if that helps. Let me now if this helps.

starlight  2002-09-02 13:56:09 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The problem with out of sync sound when reencoding avi's usualy appears when the audio codec that is used is mp3 or an obscure codec taht is derived from that.
Mp3 audio doesn't provide interleave with video it was designed to be a audio only codec and mowadays most people use vbr mp3 to make matters worse.
A trick is used to interleave mp3 audio + video in .avi files. I always have sync problems with mp3 audio in avi.
Try reencoding the sound to pcm wav first and use that file as input for tmpgenc when encoding to vcd, chances are that might solve the problem.

vondrack  2002-09-03 20:56:02 ( ID:xzv08zrsf.o )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well, this may look like the weirdest suggestion you've ever heard, but... I have encountered the very same problem (files getting twice as bigger as they should be). I have discovered that TMPGEnc has troubles encoding AVI files longer than 2 GB (most probably 2 GB... I haven't tested it that thoroughly, but 1.5 GB was okay, while 2.9 GB was not). What TMPGEnc actually does is that it doubles the framerate (!) of the file, making the MPEG file effectively twice as longer... and, as an extra "bonus", audio dies after a while... The only solution to this problem I was able to find was to break the AVI file into several smaller files (each one under 2 GB) and later plan to merge the resulting MPEG files. Everything works just fine with AVIs smaller than 2 GB. Does this help?

Bug report - TE25 - mplapx.dll No.27445
N25401  Home )  2002-09-01 00:25:22 ( ID:3m3cv90o9so )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When File/MPEG Tools/Merge&Cut/Add SVCD .mpg file/Edit, then an error occurs: "The DLL 'mplapx.dll' can not be loaded. OS Reports: The specified module cannot be found."
TMPGEnc Version: 2.57

Thanks.

Minion  2002-09-01 01:11:54 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Sounds like a bug in the copy you downloaded, try downloading another copy and see if that fixes it.

N25401  Home )  2002-09-04 21:55:02 ( ID:3m3cv90o9so )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That happens with all the versions of TMPGEnc installed in my computer. The DLL doesn't exist in a different computer where all the TMPGEnc versions work fine. Both running WXP Pro.

ffast  2002-09-05 10:14:32 ( ID:bziuu02jpsm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have never heard of such file "mplapx.dll" as a part of TMPGEnc.

It should be provided from different software or component.
It may be ligos decoder or something.

Question - TE25 - No audio after encoding No.27443
Mia  2002-08-31 23:35:18 ( ID:e3h4n1acaw6 )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

hello everybody!
i really do hope that someone can help me solving this particular problem.
i´ve been encoding an avi file to a mpeg file,everything went rather well,except the fact that the audio is missing...
do i need to change some settings before encoding, as the mentioned file is originally italian with english subtitles?
also,what settings do i have to change,to be able to watch an encoded file in 16:9 on the tv set,because i have, of course, changed the ratio but on tv it looks far too streched!
thanks very much in advance,mia.

Minion  2002-09-01 01:10:33 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The audio in the avi file is probably unsupported in Tmpgenc, what you need to do is extract the audio from the avi file to a wav file with "virtual Dub" and use that as the audio source when encodeing....You can change the aspect ratio to 16:9, and watch it widescreen, if you can use the settings in the "Clip frame" feature to arrange it the way you want.

Question - TE25 - Checking and reading headers? No.27438
Starlight  2002-08-31 20:21:46 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

More a question for advanced users
does anyone know of a program that will allow me to check the headers of a vcd or svcd compliant mpeg?
for things like aspect ratio
Even let me change for instance aspect ratio without the need to reencode the whole thing?
Or add a comment to the header.
Up to now i've only done straight forward encoding, need to get in a bit deeper into the mpeg matter.

Minion  2002-09-01 01:07:05 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

This might be what you are looking for ,there is a program called "Mpeged" that analizes the mpeg for aspect raitio and is supposed to be able to change certain aspect ratio"s, and gives lits of information on The mpeg"s properties.It is freeware and you can get it here: http://wessweb.tripod.com/mpeged/.

Minion  2002-09-02 05:17:50 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is another cool tool called "DVD Patcher" it will let you patch in different header information on Mpeg files, like if you have a mpeg2/svcd file but the bitrate is to high to be svcd compliant so you can change the header so it says that the bitrate is say 2500kbs so your authoring program will accept it.You can change the aspect ratio bitrate and resolution Headers..It comes in handt for authoring programs that will only accept Totally compliant files..

starlight  2002-09-02 13:46:31 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

thanx minion, much obliged.
mpeged works ok.
couldn't find DVD Patcher yet.
But mpeged should suffice for my immediate needs.

Walks  2002-09-10 00:34:48 ( ID:mmsg2gdhd6. )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm a newbie to video capturing and have a question about headers. I have a demo of DVDIt Pro and every time I try to write to a disk I get an error: "Each GOP header must be preceded by a sequence header." Basically, my encoder must set the header but I can't firgure out how with TMPGEnc. I have gone into the GOP settings and messed around, but no luck.

If anyone could point me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Paul

Question - TE25 - Numerous Errors Encoding No.27436
Shofb  2002-08-31 08:31:46 ( ID:4cmgxicgqow )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have had numerous errors trying to encode files. I have several movie4s that were ripped from DVD's. These are in "letter box" format. I cannot set the input aspect ratio to anything other than 1:1 or I get all kinds of erros. The last one was a error box saying "-562303043 625056". This is of course usless. What do I do?

Starlight  2002-08-31 19:45:09 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

1:1 ratio is fine if the source is 4:3 it only means that you use the source as is.
if the ripped video is letterboxed 4:3, then use full screen without keeping aspect ratio
Then you set the output to 4:3 ratio and you should get a letterboxed 4:3 as output again.
but there might be something wrong with the source, if that is the case then forget it.

Question - TE25 - i got video but no sound. No.27432
Wramak  2002-08-31 08:24:09 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I recently downloaded blade2 2002 cd1 (cd2 is ready in e few hours from now)
and i'm very impressed by the very good quality, but i have no sound.
what do i have to download to get my sound??

Minion  2002-09-01 00:56:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Do you mean that after downloading the file the file has no sound or after encodeing it to mpeg the mpeg file has no sound?If the downloaded movie has no sound you probably just need a codec , but if the audio is gone after encodeing to mpeg then it is probably because the audio format in the avi file isn"t supported by tmpgenc, you need to extract the audio to a wav file with Virtual Dub and use that for the audio source.

Wramak  2002-09-01 12:01:08 ( ID:qnyjh09.atm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I know i need a codec, but wich one. i already have divx and all the codecs of Windows Xp PRo.

Minion  2002-09-01 22:06:16 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You might need an AC3 filter if the audio is AC3, then you will need an AC3 decoder to encode the audio to wav because Tmpgenc does not support AC3...

Question - TE25 - VHS to SVCD question No.27425
Jack  2002-08-31 02:48:09 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have been using the "header trick" for making svcd's working on unsupported DVD players and now I am moving home movies from vhs to svcd and when I use the "header trick", it seems it does not want to work as it does with dvd's. I am using Pinnacle Studio to collect the vhs and create a mpeg1 file and then convert it to mpeg2 with TMPGEnc then try to rewrite the header. So far I have been unsuccessful in changing the header.

Thanks,
Jack

Minion  2002-08-31 07:09:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Un-successfull how???are you getting an error is the program crashing ,and how are you changeing the header???(there are a couple ways).......

Jack  2002-08-31 13:14:10 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The svcd will not play on an unsupported player. I am converting the mpeg-1 file created by Pinnacle Studio to mpeg-2, using TMPGEnc. Then I use mpeg-tools to create or change the header through Merge&Cut, output as MPEG-1 Video CD (non-standard). I also tried Single Multiplex. When I try to burn the svcd, my program tells me it is a mpeg-2 file and won't let me burn it as a mpeg-1 like it should or as it does after I have changed the header on other svcd's.

Thanks,
Jack

Starlight  2002-08-31 19:52:52 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Now this i don't understand.
you capture a video as mpeg1.
then rencode to mpeg2,
then you try to change the svcd headers into vcd headers.
And What's the point?
ever thought of just using the mpeg1 you start out with?
first of all, not all dvdplayers with vcd support fall for the "header trick"
second, encoding the mpeg1 to mpeg2 does not improve the quality
i even reduces quality.
if you do it anyway, the mpeg2 you make must be svcd compliant too
if you make a 720x480 ntsc mpeg2 the "header trick" won't work.
but you are wasting your time
just edit the mpeg1 and burn the vcd.

Jack  2002-08-31 20:37:42 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

One of my players "falls" for the "trick" except for this instance and I find the mpeg-2 is much better than the mpeg-1,in my eyes anyway.

Thanks

Minion  2002-09-01 01:01:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Then it is probably a problem with burning program ,I have used this trick a couple of times and I used Vcdeasy and it seemed to burn it pretty good.

Jack  2002-09-01 03:24:23 ( ID:zntmcf1vrrg )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks...I have used the trick also when ripping dvd's and had pretty good luck with my burner. It tells the difference between mpeg-1 and 2 with those rips. May be something different when you capture film and vhs and then encode it as a mpeg. When I run the trick it says the header is being re-written, but my burner program does not seem to recognize it with vhs and dv tape.

Thanks again.........

Question - TE25 - Anybody know how to do this trick? No.27421
TENCHI UNIVERSE  2002-08-31 01:49:02 ( ID:ggfj3nrugsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Anybody know how to make a MPEG in Windows Media Player...run fast and when you run in full screen mode it doesn't change the display color depth?
like the MPEGs on http://www,TekkenZaibatsu.com
They run fast on my 300 Mhz comp and when I make them full screen, Windows Media Player doesn't change the color depth...and they still run fast in full screen!
anybody know how to do this?
or can anybody download one of their MPEGs and tell me what settings they used to encode it?
I dont know what they did when they encoded it....and I dont know what software they used...

TENCHI UNIVERSE  2002-08-31 02:18:27 ( ID:ggfj3nrugsn )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

correction in the URL
http://www.TekkenZaibatsu.com
And if ya going to download some MPEGs to see what i'm talking about.
then I suggest ya download the Tekken 4 ones called Legend Of Dragon, Demon's Darkness Tribute, or the Tekken 4 Japanese PS2 Intro.

NewtronX  2002-09-01 01:26:51 ( ID:blvxpewgwwm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

They looked fine to me (on my P.O.S. 300Mhz Work computer) their is no magic settings that i know of that will make them play fast other than if you forward through the video it some times tends to speed up till the audio sinks up. As for color depth im not sure I understand you. So excuse me if this sounds off but your screen resolution/Color settings are adjusted in the control panel under display>settings you should have the color pallete set to the max colors possible the only other thing that may limit you is your video card but a bite depth of 24 should be fine. You will probable have to wait till monday till our experts here Minion and Ashy give you some help good luck.

TENCHI UNIVERSE  2002-09-01 19:57:00 ( ID:cmuun1rqmug )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

well if you wanna know what Windows Media Player does to the usual MPEGs I download...my screen resolution on boot up and it's default setting is 800x600 at a color depth of 32 bit...that's just the way I like my comp lol...but when I make the MPEGs full screen it will usually change the resolution to 640x480 and the color depth to 16 bit...
But when I downloaded the MPEGs from http://www.TekkenZaibatsu.com
they run very fast and when I make them full screen...it keeps up with the video and everything and plus it keeps them 32 bit...it doesn't skip any frames either lik on a MPEG that's too slow to run in full screen on this computer...
I'm just wondering how they did that....and I wanna know the settings they used to encode it...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.