Pegasys Products BBS

Jump to forum:

This forum is for users to exchange information and discuss with other users about a TMPGEnc product.
In case you need official support, please contact TMPG Inc.

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 730 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Classify Product Title User name Reply Last update
Question TE25 help fast!!!! help 2 2002-08-30 07:19:38
Question TE25 minion jake 2 2002-08-30 04:52:06
Question TE25 Playback problems with cutted files FinalFn 4 2002-08-30 11:01:06
Question TE25 Audio off after cutting commercials out Spooky 1 2002-08-30 01:32:34
Question TE25 Problem with the "Simple Multiplex" FinalFn 6 2002-08-30 19:33:57
Question TE25 VHS to VCD? homer simpson 1 2002-08-29 22:24:22
Question TE25 Audio Sync problem Sauron 1 2002-08-29 22:18:36
Question TE25 new user ian 0 2002-08-29 20:50:04
Question TE25 Problem "cutting" mpeg file Rick 9 2002-08-30 19:16:45
Question TE25 minion jake 3 2002-08-30 04:23:10
Question TE25 Encoding QT over 2GB Umpire 1 2002-08-29 22:05:21
Question TE25 wmv to mpeg achan512 3 2002-08-30 01:08:35

Pegasys Products BBS [ Sorted by thread creation date ] << < Prev.   [ 730 / 983 ]   Next > >>
Question - TE25 - help fast!!!! No.27369
help  2002-08-30 05:16:50 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

minion made me change some settings and the cd's i make wont work here are my
settings
Stream type- MPEG-1 video
size- 352 x 240
Aspect ratio- 4:3 525 line (NTSC)
Frame rate- 29.97 fps
Rate control mode- Constant bitrate
Bitrate- 1150
VBV buffer size- 40
profile &level- MAin profile and main level
video format- NTSC
encode mode- non interlace
YUV mode- 4:2:0
DC component percision- 8 bit
motion search percision- normal

help quick

Starlight  2002-08-30 05:47:06 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Did you use a vcd burning tool?
making it mpeg1 and just copying it to cd won't work, you need a vcd burning tool. that uses a different filesystem then iso and it produces the files to make a vcd.
a dvd player won't recognise teh disk if you just copy the files to cd.
the settings that you mentioned are the standard vcd settings and should work.
The same settings are forced if you load the vcd ntsc template.

Minion  2002-08-30 07:19:38 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

What do you mean it doesn"t work???Won"t play on your computer?? Won"t play on your dvd player? your authoring program says it isn"t compliant?? What did you use to Burn it???You need Special durning software to put VCD"s on a CD-R, you can"t just burn it as a data CD...so post back with the problem.....

Question - TE25 - minion No.27366
jake  2002-08-30 03:11:52 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so your saying as long as i convert to VCD with tmpgenc it will be compliant and i can author it with dvd workshop? if so how can i make it a non standard to up the quality

Minion  2002-08-30 04:20:40 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"s not as long as you use tmpgenc it is as long as you make a standard VCD, DVD workshop will Re-encode the file if the File is NON standard Meaning if it ISN"T 352 by 240 1150gbs Video 224KBS audio 4100khz Audio frequency and 29.9fps, so it has To be Like that Or it will Be re-encoded...If you Raise the bitrate It will be Re-encoded, so you have to make Standard Low Quality VCD"s if you want to use DVD Workshop......

jake  2002-08-30 04:52:06 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

ok first off how can i check all that stuff after i have used tmpgenc second off you told me how to higher the bitrate once b4 and i havent seen any change

Question - TE25 - Playback problems with cutted files No.27361
FinalFn  2002-08-30 00:23:09 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

After cutting two files together (two mpegs), there sometimes are many small square black boxes between the picture of the 1st movie and the picture of the 2nd movie (when i play it with PowerDVD).
How can i fix this?

Minion  2002-08-30 02:03:58 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

That happens sometimes when you are joining 2 files together were the joining point is Not on an I frame, the correct button is supposed to fix this but sometimes it doesn"t, what usually works is to load in the 2 files that you want to join then edit a few frames off the end of file 1 and off the beginning of file 2, but you have to find the edit points with the slider not the frame by frame buttons, cuz the slider naturally stops on I frames which are the correct edit points in a Mpeg file, this can be tricky cuz the slider is very sensitive and will jump arround a bit...

lupy  2002-08-30 09:46:42 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it would be nice if tmpgenc had 2 frame buttons that jumped only between I frames ....a bit like how virtual dub has 2 keyframe buttons.:-)Easier than using the slider on a big movie.

lupy  2002-08-30 10:46:14 ( ID:o10nietw26a )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

it would be nice if tmpgenc had 2 frame buttons that jumped only between I frames ....a bit like how virtual dub has 2 keyframe buttons.:-)Easier than using the slider on a big movie.

FinalFn  2002-08-30 11:01:06 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But why does that "squares" only appear when i play it with PowerDVD - with MediaPlayer etc. the cuts are fine.

How can I fix a movie where i have those squares in every cut?

Question - TE25 - Audio off after cutting commercials out No.27359
Spooky  2002-08-30 00:06:44 ( ID:ssmpnnoeqqk )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I have captured an episode using WinDVR 2.0 & GeForceTi4600 Video IN, the capture is excellent ( captured into MPEG 1 VCD ), so now I have loaded the file into TMPGenc so I can cut out the commercials, once i have that done I RUN it so it then puts the file back into MPEG for me ready to be recorded. Once completed I went to test the file & I noticed that the audio is way off. It is fine in the original capture but way off afters.
I have done this before many times with other episodes & never had that problem, this is the firs time.
Any idea what this could be?

PIII 800 w/512MB of RAM
VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600 card
60GB HD 7200 rpm
using latest TMPGenc off the website
using WinDVR 2.0 to record into MPEG1

Minion  2002-08-30 01:32:34 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Tmpgenc does not support the correct editing of files that aren"t encoded by Tmpgenc, hell it barely supports it"s own encoded Mpeg files, especially if they are VBR streams.. I would sugest useing a different more reliable Mpeg editor and joiner...When the Mpeg Tools don"t want to work right there isn"t much you can do to fix it accept use something else...The mpeg editor and joiner in "Cyperlink Power VCR" is fairly good at editing Captured Mpeg files so maybe try it.......

Question - TE25 - Problem with the "Simple Multiplex" No.27352
FinalFn  2002-08-29 22:54:20 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

When i multiplex my video with the "simple multiplex" to an audio-file, after multiplexing it sais "57 s packets cause buffer underflow.
The MPEG file might cause error when it played."
What does that mean? Do i have to erase the whole video-file and cut it again??

Minion  2002-08-29 23:23:49 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There shouldn"t be a problem if there is only "57" packets than are underflowed, you have to wory when thousands of packets cause Buffer underflow...

FinalFn  2002-08-30 00:20:04 ( ID:s5lnpqn2f6k )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

But what exactly does a "buffer underflow" after the Simple Multiplex mean? What is wrong with this file?

Minion  2002-08-30 01:24:39 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I"ll Try to explain "Buffer under flow"..Mpeg data is stored in "Data Packets" I think that the packets have "2048kb" in each data packet, but if a data packet has less than the set amout of data in it you get Buffer Underflow, and if there is more data than the set amout you get Buffer Overflow..While multiplexing it reads the data packets and if they aren"t aligned properly you will get this error...It is hard to explain without going into a lot of techno mumbo jumbo, but it meant that if you get to many packets underflowing you will have problems when playing the mpeg file.....

B_Racer  2002-08-30 09:51:50 ( ID:gxmkoa4dlnj )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The Packet Size for SVCD and VCD is 2324 Bytes.
This has to match with the Sector-Size on a SVCD/VCD, it's also 2324 Bytes/Sector (CD-ROM has 2048 Bytes/Sector). That's why you can burn 797 MB of Video on a 700 (80 Minutes) CD-R.

OK, the way, Audio and Video has to be multiplexed must match the Sector-Size AND the Datarate. Datarate and Sector-Size are resulting in the optimal Muxrate, and TMPGEnc can only handle Standard-Datarates correctly (max 2788 kbps for SVCD and 1374 kbps for VCD). Is the Bitrate (Datarate) higher, Underflows (or Overflows) will appear.

(Shit, why they all say, english is an easy language?... ;) )

Minion  2002-08-30 10:34:14 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Well you sure explained it better than I could.Good Show.....

Starlight  2002-08-30 19:33:57 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

if you get hundreds of buffer underflow messages, try decreasing the vbv buffersize
if you get a lot of buffer overflow, then try increasing the VBV buffersize.
If you use the unlocked template and you choose 1150 kbps video and you set the VBV buffersize to for instance 120, you will get nothing but buffer underflows
the templates have VBV 40 kb, for 1150 kbps, 112 kb for 2550 kbps and and 224 kb for 7000 kbps.
the VBV size is one of those parameters that the standalone or software player takes from the vcd , svcd or dvd files
the vbv buffer is a fifo buffer and its size is determined by that vbv parameter if it is too big the data will be read before the buffer is filled again, and at that point there are no more packets to be read thus causing buffer underflow which makes for jerky pictures and other things we don't want to happen.

Question - TE25 - VHS to VCD? No.27350
homer simpson  2002-08-29 21:15:59 ( ID:wgcxb6yag/c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Is it possible to take a vhs and put it on vcd. How long of a video would fit on a cdr if i did this? How can this be done?

thanks

Minion  2002-08-29 22:24:22 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

You Need a Capture Card and a Lot of Hard drive space, or if you have a really fast computer then you can capture to Mpeg with certain mpeg capture programs...I have a 1.7ghz and I still drop frames when captureing directly To Mpeg so I capture to Uncompressed AVI so I don"t drop frames, but then The whole Movie can take up to 60gb of Hard drive space, then I encode the AVI to Mpeg for VCD...The Quality isn"t really that good captureing From VHS unless you have a really good Capture Card and a High quality VHS Source.....

Question - TE25 - Audio Sync problem No.27348
Sauron  2002-08-29 21:03:20 ( ID:bretwi1a3.g )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If anyone out there has an answer to this, I would appreciate a response.

I have created an MPEG2 file and have attempted to burn a DVD with Roxio's Videowave5 Power Edition. The original source MPEG file plays OK on my computer using several players, but the resulting DVD files show a slight sync problem between audio and video. The audio seems very slightly behind the video.

Minion  2002-08-29 22:18:36 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Some burning programs can Cause this, if it isn"t out of sync on your computer and is out of sync after you burn it then it probably has to do with the burning program....I would sugest useing something else.....

Question - TE25 - new user No.27347
ian  2002-08-29 20:50:04 ( ID:vck3op69crm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

when i go to encode i get an error message "program file cannot be created" why is this?

Question - TE25 - Problem "cutting" mpeg file No.27337
Rick  2002-08-29 18:52:58 ( ID:n3gjkhi6dvc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I'm having problems when it comes to cutting an mpeg file ready for burning
(have to admit i'm still learning). I go into mpeg tools and merge and cut...add the mpeg file and go to edit but a message pops up saying
"Could not open this file with directshow (0*80040218)" It then goes on to say details but these are very short and generally like....v¬# stuff like that
Any help would be great or other options on how i could cut the file

Thanks

Kat  2002-08-29 20:19:36 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having a problem learning how to split an encoded file, too. I downloaded a movie that was split into 2 parts. Each part was too big for a 700 MB CD, and I couldn't find any 900 MB CD's at the 3 major computer stores in my area (CompUSA, Circuit City and Best Buy.) I successfully extracted the audio into wavs with Virtual Dub, and then merged the 4 files into one GIGANTIC mpg file.

But I swear, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to now cut this huge file into 3 700 MB CD sized files, in order to burn them.

Please, can one of the video wizards here help me? I guess I need a step by step instruction, for using Tmpgenc to split this monster file into 3 burnable bits.

Thanks in advance to all of the wizards who inhabit this place... I have learned SO MUCH by reading all of your posts!

Kat

Kat  2002-08-29 21:22:47 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I am having a problem learning how to split an encoded file, too. I downloaded a movie that was split into 2 parts. Each part was too big for a 700 MB CD, and I couldn't find any 900 MB CD's at the 3 major computer stores in my area (CompUSA, Circuit City and Best Buy.) I successfully extracted the audio into wavs with Virtual Dub, and then merged the 4 files into one GIGANTIC mpg file.

But I swear, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to now cut this huge file into 3 700 MB CD sized files, in order to burn them.

Please, can one of the video wizards here help me? I guess I need a step by step instruction, for using Tmpgenc to split this monster file into 3 burnable bits.

Thanks in advance to all of the wizards who inhabit this place... I have learned SO MUCH by reading all of your posts!

Kat

Kat  2002-08-29 21:55:00 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Kat

Minion  2002-08-29 22:16:11 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

The best thing you can do is to use something else to cut your Mpeg files, if the Mpeg tools start to do wierd things or just won"t work then there isn"t to much you can do to fix it..I would sudgest finding another Mpeg editing program..

Kat  2002-08-30 01:21:44 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Kat

Kat  2002-08-30 01:29:42 ( ID:ftoz3pyaomm )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I can't believe that my message was reposted every time I hit "refresh" today, to see if someone answered my query, Sorry that you all had to see it 4 times!

I am using Windows XP... what other editing programs can you suggest for me? Not sure if you can post a website url here, but the root name (minus the dot com) would be really helpful.

Kat

Minion  2002-08-30 02:13:46 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There are lots of differant Mpeg editing programs Some are very basic some have more profesional features,you can try downloading a demo of a few good mpeg editing programs at http://www.apachez.net in the tools section i think there might be a couple freeware ones there...of you can allways try a P2P site like kaza.....

Starlight  2002-08-30 05:11:45 ( ID:9ujymxkjqjc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

keep in mind that that mpeg files contain error recovery data.
The vcd/svcd burner routine will strip it.
a 800 mb vcd or svcd compliant mpegs will fit perfectly on a 700 mb cd-r if burned as vcd or svcd.
i have burned mpeg-2 files of 828 mb to a 700 mb cd-r with nero and cdrao.
Usualy those files you get from the internet are cut to fit on a vcd or svcd burned cd-r.
Try burning it appropiately.
a program like nero will object if the svcd or vcd will exceed the max size and not burn it.

good luck

Kat  2002-08-30 19:16:45 ( ID:gf8zeznrb5f )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Thanks! I downloaded the VCD Cutter tool, but so far, it is not "finding" the file created by Tmpgenc, that I merged.

I finally got Tempgenc to set up a cutting operation, too... but when I hit "run" after selecting the first hour of the movie, it says that it is an invalid video stream. I am guessing that maybe Tmpgenc somehow corrupted the file during the merge, so I am going to peform the merge operation a second time. I don't understand it, though.... I can p[lay the movie just fine in Windows Media Player. Wish I knew more about what I am doing! LOL

And I didn't know that about the recovery data... thanks for explaining it. Unfortunately, these files were both over 700 MB as downloads, and are now 918 MB and 829 MB as two mpg files... and 1,747 MB's as a merged file.

Question - TE25 - minion No.27333
jake  2002-08-29 17:47:08 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

minion, i am very bad at this dvd thing please explain it an the easiest way possible how is a VCD totally compliant and how can i check please explain it step by step. these programs are just like movies i download then convert and now i want to add like chapters and menus to make it look professional

Minion  2002-08-29 22:12:23 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

If you are useing Tmpgenc to encode your VCD"s then all you have to do to make a Compliant VCD is to use one of the Premade Templates..All the templates are set to the perameters that will make it totally compliant..So a compliant NTSC VCD(for north america)has a resolution of "352 by 240" with a Video bitrate of 1150kbs and audio bitrate of 224kbs with a frequency of 41000khz..The VCD templates assure that you will be makeing a Compliant VCD..The Quality of a Compliant VCD is Usually Much Lower than That If A NON-standard VCD....

jake  2002-08-30 01:11:59 ( ID:v8lpfz/r2rc )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

so your saying as long as i convert to VCD with tmpgenc it will be compliant and i can author it with dvd workshop? if so how can i make it a non standard to up the quality

Minion  2002-08-30 04:23:10 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

NO,NO,NO.......

Question - TE25 - Encoding QT over 2GB No.27331
Umpire  2002-08-29 16:34:24 ( ID:pscmpocc58h )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I use Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro on my Mac. I want to try and encode QuickTime .mov files from my mac that are over 2GB. I have W2000 on my PC. I can use a firewire drive to get files to PC. Is there a plug-in that I can use in TNPG to go straight to mpeg2 without converting .mov to .avi and will it handle files over 2GB? If so is it included in "Plus" version?

Minion  2002-08-29 22:05:21 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

There is a "Mov" plugin for Tmpgenc that allows you to encode Mov files to mpeg, I don"t know if it has a file size limitation or not....It took me a while to find this for you cuz it is no longer supported by it"s author but you can download it here :http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/4942/svcd.html
Enjoy.....

Question - TE25 - wmv to mpeg No.27327
achan512  2002-08-29 15:28:41 ( ID:yiut9lstn7c )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

can tmpg player convert windows media to mpeg.

Minion  2002-08-29 21:48:53 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

Yes and No, Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn"t.....

NewtronX  2002-08-30 00:42:19 ( ID:0ysy.lkdema )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

My experiences wih WMV have been excellent. Only one thing I find that you must seperate the Audio and Video first then recombine them in TMPGenc. I use total recorder to capture the audio then use the origanal WMV for the Video source.
You can get the trail at http://www.highcriteria.com/ also if you need it let me know feel FREE to email me.~NewtronX

Minion  2002-08-30 01:08:35 ( ID:w8yn5mktf8w )   [ Delete / Reply with quotation ]

I guess I should have mentioned that ,newtron is right ,you need to encode the audio to wav, cuz tmpgenc does not like WMA audio, I use "DB Power Amp" for this, But I have had lots of trouble encodeing WMV files especially if they are Long files, that is why if I can"t get tmpgenc to encode it correctly I use a program called "Stoik Video Converter" to convert the WMV to AVI...

View article | Back to TMPGEnc Home | Administrator TMPGEnc Net

Script written by TMPGEnc.